Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:19 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:54 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:46 pm The hero Kyle Rittenhouse is being sued in Federal Court along with the Kenosha PD, various city, county, state agencies and specific individual police officers. Litany of charges starting with wrongful death and violation of civil rights. Makes perfect sense.

Rittenhouse is whining he can't go outside without being recognized and "harassed" in his words. Karma is a be-atch.
Seem to remember hammering the Kenosha police for failing to protect both the protesters, and Kyle Rittenhouse. Those videos of police saying something along they lines of "we're glad you're here" are going to make it much easier to win this case.

I still feel sorry for this young man, and his canonization by FoxNation. He was just a kid, and didn't understand how nuts what he was doing was.

The Kenosha police, on the other hand? Shame on them. Kyle could be watching the Packers game this weekend in peace had they done their jobs, and sent all those idiots home by doing their jobs, and enforcing curfew.
I would feel worse for Rittenhouse if he hadn't behaved as such an ass hat after the right-wing media lionized him. The idiot COPs deserve everything they get.
Makes sense for this to come full circle. I seem to recall a massive wave of police departments across the country being told to stand down and stand-by in the sake of 'peaceful protests' and to avoid being beat in the head with a steel pipe of shot at as sitting ducks.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WntjAM2wqF8
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:30 pm Makes sense for this to come full circle. I seem to recall a massive wave of police departments across the country being told to stand down and stand-by in the sake of 'peaceful protests' and to avoid being beat in the head with a steel pipe of shot at as sitting ducks.
You mean like on January 6 at the Capitol? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:58 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:30 pm Makes sense for this to come full circle. I seem to recall a massive wave of police departments across the country being told to stand down and stand-by in the sake of 'peaceful protests' and to avoid being beat in the head with a steel pipe of shot at as sitting ducks.
You mean like on January 6 at the Capitol? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't forget about all those peaceful protests in Portland and out west. They actually liberated a couple blocks of public land and declared it sovereign territory. While it was not as flashy as January 6 it went on and on for months. A few federal buildings were vandalized and set on fire. I'm happy to know that FLP liberal prosecutors laid the hammer down on those criminals as well. My bad, FLP liberal prosecutors didn't do jack chit about those law breakers. I don't recall a single congressional committee investigating these folks. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:27 pm
Don't forget about all those peaceful protests in Portland and out west. They actually liberated a couple blocks of public land and declared it sovereign territory. While it was not as flashy as January 6 it went on and on for months. A few federal buildings were vandalized and set on fire. I'm happy to know that FLP liberal prosecutors laid the hammer down on those criminals as well. My bad, FLP liberal prosecutors didn't do jack chit about those law breakers. I don't recall a single congressional committee investigating these folks. :D
Didn't need one. The ***hole arsonists who did that were prosecuted, fellas. We went over this when it happened. Do you want us to arrest and jail everyone who showed up on Jan 6th? Or just the people who broke laws? That's what they did in Portland to those Antifa wankers.

I know what my vote is.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:27 pm
Didn't need one. The ***hole arsonists who did that were prosecuted, fellas. We went over this when it happened. Do you want us to arrest and jail everyone who showed up on Jan 6th? Or just the people who broke laws? That's what they did in Portland to those Antifa wankers.

I know what my vote is.
I know y'all went over it. One group of protesters faced the full wrath of the US government that they well deserved. The other group had their wrists slapped and were told to behave from now on. You want to look me square in the eye a Fan and tell me there is no difference how the US government handled these prosecutions? Should the US government even differentiate between an attack on our capital and an attack on a federal courthouse? One is high visibility and the other has already been mostly forgotten. A group of radical leftists claimed a portion of an American city as their sovereign territory. I must have missed their trials for treason. These folks took over a police station and declared themselves to be in charge and burned and ravaged much of Portland Oregon. Where was the CNN coverage?Where were all the angry prosecutors in Portland demanding justice??
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:54 pmand burned and ravaged much of Portland Oregon. Where was the CNN coverage?Where were all the angry prosecutors in Portland demanding justice??

LMAO 99.99999% of Portland is like, "what? much of us got burned and ravaged?"

Tons of CNN coverage and lots of prosecutors demanding justice, and got it. You missed out on all that apparently. Sorry. Not sorry you don't see reality.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:54 pm I know y'all went over it. One group of protesters faced the full wrath of the US government that they well deserved. The other group had their wrists slapped and were told to behave from now on. You want to look me square in the eye a Fan and tell me there is no difference how the US government handled these prosecutions?
Zero difference. None. Cradle: without googling, can you tell me how many Federal prosecutions resulted from the Portland protests?

You can't. Why? Because RightWingMedia wants you to not hear about that, as NattyBoh said. They covered it....YOU just didn't hear about it. This is intentional, my man. They want you to think that they all walked.......

And NattyBoh is right about 99.9999%...and I told you guys that at the time. Because of my vocation I know business owners in most US cities. They were LAUGHING at the intentional hysteria that FoxNation stoked to make it sound like all of Portland burned to the ground. it worked, obviously.

We've discussed this. The serious stuff was handled just fine. One arsonist is in Federal prison, as he should be....got two years.

Jan 6th folks got nailed because there are freaking security cameras everywhere in the US Capitol....that and 2,000 protesters entered the building Cradle. So the numbers were FAR higher, making it look worse.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:26 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:54 pm I know y'all went over it. One group of protesters faced the full wrath of the US government that they well deserved. The other group had their wrists slapped and were told to behave from now on. You want to look me square in the eye a Fan and tell me there is no difference how the US government handled these prosecutions?
Zero difference. None. Cradle: without googling, can you tell me how many Federal prosecutions resulted from the Portland protests?

You can't. Why? Because RightWingMedia wants you to not hear about that, as NattyBoh said. They covered it....YOU just didn't hear about it. This is intentional, my man. They want you to think that they all walked.......

And NattyBoh is right about 99.9999%...and I told you guys that at the time. Because of my vocation I know business owners in most US cities. They were LAUGHING at the intentional hysteria that FoxNation stoked to make it sound like all of Portland burned to the ground. it worked, obviously.

We've discussed this. The serious stuff was handled just fine. One arsonist is in Federal prison, as he should be....got two years.

Jan 6th folks got nailed because there are freaking security cameras everywhere in the US Capitol....that and 2,000 protesters entered the building Cradle. So the numbers were FAR higher, making it look worse.
Whenever you see a city in turmoil on TV, pick up the phone and call your friends that live there…. You will be surprised at how you know more about it than they do…..
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Exactly....there were plenty of police imbedded inside, doing nothing but watching. And remember....the one smart officer leading them around the capitol to avoid the chambers, and another removing the barricade to get the masses flowing.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
njbill

Post by njbill »

And don’t forget Ray Epps. He was an FBI spy. I know that because the late Tucker Carlson told me so. I hope Epps gets a $100 million judgment against Carlson.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... I think you guys are really down playing those worst ever anywhere at anytime riots in Portland. You seem to forget the poor bronze elk that found its way into a makeshift fire pit used to keep the rioters warm. Poor elk had to have a bath after the riots to wash off the minimal oxide coating it received to its lower legs. Oh, the horror!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:roll:

I can tell you the protests at the Capital lasted one day. They were disgusting in nature. Those protests still are prominent in the news today. Those months long protests in Portland, they just kinda vanished from the news headlines like a fart in the wind. Did any of these anti government anarchists get 30 years in jail? They should have. What they did in Portland is no different than the assault on our nations capital? In many respects it may have been worse. This mob was never held accountable for their anti government violence. Too bad the DoJ didn't hunt them down with the same vigor they did the 1/6 protesters. I wonder why that was? ;)
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:48 am
I can tell you the protests at the Capital lasted one day. They were disgusting in nature. Those protests still are prominent in the news today. Those months long protests in Portland, they just kinda vanished from the news headlines like a fart in the wind. Did any of these anti government anarchists get 30 years in jail? They should have.
Yes. Some got years. It's there for you to see if you're interested.

And I said at the time that the two idiots who used fire were MORE dangerous than the Jan 6th protests. Fire is more dangerous than guns....it's reckless, and can kill hundreds in the blink of an eye.

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:48 am What they did in Portland is no different than the assault on our nations capital? In many respects it may have been worse. This mob was never held accountable for their anti government violence
Neither was the Jan 6th protesters. They left the folks who stayed outside alone....as they should.

Protesting is the most American thing you can do, Cradle. I support both the Portland and Jan 6th protesters with no reservations at all. Up until they start breaking laws.
Too bad the DoJ didn't hunt them down with the same vigor they did the 1/6 protesters. I wonder why that was? ;)
That's your opinion based solely on the media coverage that YOU saw, Cradle. And surely you understand that the media is going to cover an attempt to stop the lawful transfer of power to a new President in Wash DC more than they're going to a protest at a courthouse in Portland. Geography alone plays a huge part in the coverage.

Common sense tells you why one was a bigger media circus than the other.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:25 am
Exactly....there were plenty of police imbedded inside, doing nothing but watching. And remember....the one smart officer leading them around the capitol to avoid the chambers, and another removing the barricade to get the masses flowing.
:lol: Next time? They'll know to empty their clips, and keep guys like you happy as you pretend to not understand why those officers did things like that.

Just mow them down. And of course, you wouldn't complain about that outcome, right?

You're doing that thing again, where no matter what choices are made, you're going to complain. ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:26 am
I can tell you the protests at the Capital lasted one day. They were disgusting in nature. Those protests still are prominent in the news today. Those months long protests in Portland, they just kinda vanished from the news headlines like a fart in the wind. Did any of these anti government anarchists get 30 years in jail? They should have.

And I said at the time that the two idiots who used fire were MORE dangerous than the Jan 6th protests. Fire is more dangerous than guns....it's reckless, and can kill hundreds in the blink of an eye.

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:48 am What they did in Portland is no different than the assault on our nations capital? In many respects it may have been worse. This mob was never held accountable for their anti government violence
Neither was the Jan 6th protesters. They left the folks who stayed outside alone....as they should.

Protesting is the most American thing you can do, Cradle. I support both the Portland and Jan 6th protesters with no reservations at all. Up until they start breaking laws.
Too bad the DoJ didn't hunt them down with the same vigor they did the 1/6 protesters. I wonder why that was? ;)
That's your opinion based solely on the media coverage that YOU saw, Cradle. And surely you understand that the media is going to cover an attempt to stop the lawful transfer of power to a new President in Wash DC more than they're going to a protest at a courthouse in Portland. Geography alone plays a huge part in the coverage.

I saw Portland being burned and ravaged every night for a long time. I don't recall the same nightly barrage of mainstream media folks showing video of the Portland protesters and their onslaught against the leadership of that city. I understand why one protest outraged all of America. I also understand why the other protests were downplayed by the mainstream media. The objective of the protesters in both instances was to subvert law and order and push a political agenda. One group of protesters were held accountable for their actions. The other group got off scott free and are pretty much forgotten about today. Perhaps they should have let the mob maintain control over their " sovereign territory" and see what kind of job they did in the long run. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:54 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:26 am

I saw Portland being burned and ravaged every night for a long time. I don't recall the same nightly barrage of mainstream media folks showing video of the Portland protesters and their onslaught against the leadership of that city. I understand why one protest outraged all of America. I also understand why the other protests were downplayed by the mainstream media. The objective of the protesters in both instances was to subvert law and order and push a political agenda. One group of protesters were held accountable for their actions. The other group got off scott free and are pretty much forgotten about today. Perhaps they should have let the mob maintain control over their " sovereign territory" and see what kind of job they did in the long run. :roll:
https://www.wmtw.com/amp/article/histor ... te/1971137
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:54 pm I saw Portland being burned and ravaged every night for a long time. I don't recall the same nightly barrage of mainstream media folks showing video of the Portland protesters and their onslaught against the leadership of that city. I understand why one protest outraged all of America. I also understand why the other protests were downplayed by the mainstream media. The objective of the protesters in both instances was to subvert law and order and push a political agenda. One group of protesters were held accountable for their actions. The other group got off scott free and are pretty much forgotten about today. Perhaps they should have let the mob maintain control over their " sovereign territory" and see what kind of job they did in the long run. :roll:
This is simply incorrect, cradle. Federal and State authorities went after the idiots that committed crimes in Portland. Folks that committed severe crimes like arson served a couple years in Federal prison.

We should let this drop.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:33 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:54 pm I saw Portland being burned and ravaged every night for a long time. I don't recall the same nightly barrage of mainstream media folks showing video of the Portland protesters and their onslaught against the leadership of that city. I understand why one protest outraged all of America. I also understand why the other protests were downplayed by the mainstream media. The objective of the protesters in both instances was to subvert law and order and push a political agenda. One group of protesters were held accountable for their actions. The other group got off scott free and are pretty much forgotten about today. Perhaps they should have let the mob maintain control over their " sovereign territory" and see what kind of job they did in the long run. :roll:
This is simply incorrect, cradle. Federal and State authorities went after the idiots that committed crimes in Portland. Folks that committed severe crimes like arson served a couple years in Federal prison.

We should let this drop.
Craale - if you saw Portland on the news every night, how is it that the media took a pass on covering it?
Looks like you missed the coverage of the convictions and sentences. :oops:

take some advice from Crosby, Stills & Nash

"And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:29 am
:lol: Next time? They'll know to empty their clips, and keep guys like you happy as you pretend to not understand why those officers did things like that.

Just mow them down. And of course, you wouldn't complain about that outcome, right?

You're doing that thing again, where no matter what choices are made, you're going to complain. ;)
:lol: :lol: silly afan. I understood perfectly, it was Kismet, and now you, that missed the comparison, which was police watching with a careful eye, on stand-by of those breaking the law and being dispatched... you just love assuming.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:28 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:29 am

:lol: :lol: silly afan. I understood perfectly, it was Kismet, and now you, that missed the comparison, which was police watching with a careful eye, on stand-by of those breaking the law and being dispatched... you just love assuming.
Not our fault you're being unclear again, my man.

And you're doing it again with this mess: "that missed the comparison, which was police watching with a careful eye, on stand-by of those breaking the law and being dispatched."

I have NO IDEA what this clause is supposed to convey. You don't get to write unclearly, and then blame other posters for not reading your mind, my man! ;)

Return to “POLITICS”