Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by DMac »

2nd amendment, baby. Everyone's gotta have guns in order to keep the militia armed.
So many people I walk away from thinking, wow, that guy has the right to own guns and
probably does. Of course, people with medical marijuana cards can't, they're too unstable.
2nd amendment needs some serious amending....more laws oughta fix it.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:03 am
2nd amendment, baby. Everyone's gotta have guns in order to keep the militia armed.
So many people I walk away from thinking, wow, that guy has the right to own guns and
probably does. Of course, people with medical marijuana cards can't, they're too unstable.
Gun culture and gun lobby are two big impediments. Kind of crazy the number of weapons on the street and how easy it is to get your hands on one.

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:33 am
Gun culture and gun lobby are two big impediments. Kind of crazy the number of weapons on the street and how easy it is to get your hands on one.

No one is stopping you from going door to door and asking people to voluntarily hand their firearms over to you. If you choose to be proactive and do so let us know how that works out for you. You can make a difference you know. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:19 pm

No one is stopping you from going door to door and asking people to voluntarily hand their firearms over to you. If you choose to be proactive and do so let us know how that works out for you. You can make a difference you know. :D
You won! I knew it would be you!!
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:09 pm

I'm glad I didn't disappoint. ;)
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:06 pm

You never do.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:14 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:06 pm

You never do.
Ditto...
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NYS has now taken over control of all background checks in NYS. The FBI will no longer do them, the NYS police will do them with a minor fee per transaction. This includes an interesting addition, all ammunition purchases are now included. This puts the owners of illegal weapons at a huge disadvantage, how they gonna buy bullets?? Do strawman purchases for bullets make you liable for prosecution? Here is a prediction from old cradle, reloading your own brass and shells will become a huge business. I do feel bad for those poor felons, all those guns and no bullets. 😥 I guess good ole mom will be going to Dicks to buy your ammo.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Odds the cop is suspended for this, considering it's in Atlanta: https://www.instagram.com/p/CwNjS_cseoq/

I hope FFG does not drive an F-150.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Nice opening days at UNC Chapel Hill. Kids learning to find a safe spot, climbing out of buildings, how to pack and giddyup with a go-bag. Boy, those were the days, huh?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:20 pm Nice opening days at UNC Chapel Hill. Kids learning to find a safe spot, climbing out of buildings, how to pack and giddyup with a go-bag. Boy, those were the days, huh?
Strange way to announce this. "A person of interest" and yet he is armed and dangerous. https://twitter.com/UNCPolice/status/16 ... 62105?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:30 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:20 pm Nice opening days at UNC Chapel Hill. Kids learning to find a safe spot, climbing out of buildings, how to pack and giddyup with a go-bag. Boy, those were the days, huh?
Strange way to announce this. "A person of interest" and yet he is armed and dangerous. https://twitter.com/UNCPolice/status/16 ... 62105?s=20
Pretty sure he’s in custody.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:11 pm
just saw video clip of him entering cop car. But they did not confirm he was shooter and currently no weapon found.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:11 pm
My wife wondered if the shooter was a grad student…. Also reminded me of the movie Dark Matter which was based on true events. I recommend it.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Yup grad student shot his faculty advisor.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The hero Kyle Rittenhouse is being sued in Federal Court along with the Kenosha PD, various city, county, state agencies and specific individual police officers. Litany of charges starting with wrongful death and violation of civil rights. Makes perfect sense.

Rittenhouse is whining he can't go outside without being recognized and "harassed" in his words. Karma is a be-atch.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:33 pm Yup grad student shot his faculty advisor.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:46 pm The hero Kyle Rittenhouse is being sued in Federal Court along with the Kenosha PD, various city, county, state agencies and specific individual police officers. Litany of charges starting with wrongful death and violation of civil rights. Makes perfect sense.

Rittenhouse is whining he can't go outside without being recognized and "harassed" in his words. Karma is a be-atch.
Seem to remember hammering the Kenosha police for failing to protect both the protesters, and Kyle Rittenhouse. Those videos of police saying something along they lines of "we're glad you're here" are going to make it much easier to win this case.

I still feel sorry for this young man, and his canonization by FoxNation. He was just a kid, and didn't understand how nuts what he was doing was.

The Kenosha police, on the other hand? Shame on them. Kyle could be watching the Packers game this weekend in peace had they done their jobs, and sent all those idiots home by doing their jobs, and enforcing curfew.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:54 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:46 pm The hero Kyle Rittenhouse is being sued in Federal Court along with the Kenosha PD, various city, county, state agencies and specific individual police officers. Litany of charges starting with wrongful death and violation of civil rights. Makes perfect sense.

Seem to remember hammering the Kenosha police for failing to protect both the protesters, and Kyle Rittenhouse. Those videos of police saying something along they lines of "we're glad you're here" are going to make it much easier to win this case.

I still feel sorry for this young man, and his canonization by FoxNation. He was just a kid, and didn't understand how nuts what he was doing was.

The Kenosha police, on the other hand? Shame on them. Kyle could be watching the Packers game this weekend in peace had they done their jobs, and sent all those idiots home by doing their jobs, and enforcing curfew.
I would feel worse for Rittenhouse if he hadn't behaved as such an ass hat after the right-wing media lionized him. The idiot COPs deserve everything they get.

Return to “POLITICS”