Athletes Unlimited Season 3

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Athletes Unlimited Season 3

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:10 am Yup, we'll see what happens in time with the college game (think back 15 years, the wlax game has edged ever closer to the mlax game since then...6v6 on the draw, kicking the ball, play on, etc). Cross checking definitely needs to be reigned in, I actually think it's worse in the college game than in AU. In AU the players can body up and don't have to so much depend on that cross check. Back to Charlotte and Wood. Wood is going to be called for a block when Charlotte attempts to muscle her way to the cage (so many times I think that should be a charge but the call more often than not is a block) in the college game, in the AU game she can body up and muscle her right back (Charlotte aint outmuscling Kayla...she got shut down in that matchup), doesn't have to hammer her with that crosscheck. I like that better. Izzy McMahan plays like she's on a bed of white hot coals, her feet move so fast it's crazy. She can get a step on most players and fire a mighty hard shot from the hip with the separation she creates. In the college game she's very apt to not be able to get that shot off for fear of dangerous propel (follow through might hit the defender in the thigh) or dangerous shot. That aint happenin' in the AU game and I like that it doesn't limit her using that ability and shooting skill. It's not just all about the roughness to me, there's plenty about the AU game I like a lot.
You a fan of Fall Ball? I imagine a Syracuse playday or two up your neck of the woods might be fun for a man of the people such as yourself.
DMac

Post by DMac »

The indoor facility has brought spectatorship to a halt.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:21 am The indoor facility has brought spectatorship to a halt.
Yep--same at BC with their new field house.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”