Transfer portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Transfer portal

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:21 pm As I have said many times there are MANY reasons to transfer, on the field and off, but go back and watch Sconone in the closing minutes of the NCAA semi-final. Her body language says it all. Best of luck at Hofstra. The COLDEST I have ever been was watching a game there in March 2018. The WIND!
Ever watched a February game in Burlington, Vermont?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Brownlax wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:00 pm
Womenslaxxfan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:07 pm
Idontknowtherules wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:58 am :)
Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:54 am UNC #50 to Hofstra
Yep That was a surprise
Why a surprise? While Jenny levy is a great coach, she’s no picnic to play for even if you’re a star…
She could easily have said to 50 “ I don’t think you’ll play much if at all next year as a grad student.” Godine, wurzberger, Miller, Casey and Chloe Humphrey will be fighting each other for field time next year….not sure a lefty feeder and spot up shooter who struggles with mobility and ride would find the field….
She won a championship. She played more than she probably thought she would last year…the rotation looks even harder to crack next year….and she will be strongly in the mix at Hofstra next year right away.
And she’ll be close to home.
Jenny is no picnic to play for? Please get your rumors straight. She is a beloved coach by her players.
I think it boils down to the fact that this is just the nature of the business. Unless you're a star level player, your spot is never guaranteed on a top program. UNC has alot of talent. look at all the young players they had overperform last year. If you're a mid level upperclassmen looking at that, what can you do? stick it out and hope to outplay them (not a guarantee because more often than not talent wins out at top programs) or transfer where you have a better chance of being an impact player.

Every transfer isn't because the player hates the coach or her teammates or school. Especially players who have stick around for mutliple years. it's due to circumstance and it's differerent for every player.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Why does anyone really care? The end game is to play the game you live Try and get some money for school and get out You want to play after that Join an adult league
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

I would’ve picked 47 schools before USF for Chepenik. Wow.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

user1020 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:53 pm Not choosing a side in this and before I say anything I think Levy is a great recruiter and solid coach. However, I haven’t heard many graduating players say how much they love her. Doesn’t mean they don’t, I just haven’t heard much public praise
This is so inaccurate. The indeed do love her!
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Sunnylax wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:28 pm
user1020 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:53 pm Not choosing a side in this and before I say anything I think Levy is a great recruiter and solid coach. However, I haven’t heard many graduating players say how much they love her. Doesn’t mean they don’t, I just haven’t heard much public praise
I stand corrected. I apologize
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:11 pm I would’ve picked 47 schools before USF for Chepenik. Wow.
that facility they're building is top notch man. They'll land talent just from that
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:27 pm
LaxGnome22 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:11 pm I would’ve picked 47 schools before USF for Chepenik. Wow.
that facility they're building is top notch man. They'll land talent just from that
Yes it is beautiful and McCord is awesome but still surprised she went there.
RollTheCrease

Post by RollTheCrease »

Kleizaster is correct. USF is investing heavily in new on-campus sports facilities. The indoor facility is phenomenal and the USF Board of Trustees just approved funding for the new $340M 35K seat stadium that will be shared by their football and wlax teams. They hope to have the stadium ready for 2026.

USF is a top 100 national university and just earned its AAU membership. Academically it’s a strong school.

Add that Tampa is a great location and USF has a proven head coach who has built a program from the bottom up into a national Top 20 program and there are a lot of reasons to want to play at USF.

They’ve taken a different approach than Clemson to building the team but have already signed some really good players from strong clubs. Much as I was with Clemson I am excited to follow USF.
timber18888

Post by timber18888 »

Per Instagram, Carly Fleisher transferred to Penn from Northwestern. I thought she'd get more playing time next year with NU.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Sunnylax wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:28 pm
Agreed. I know several former players personally and she was at their weddings.
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

RollTheCrease wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:47 pm
Kleizaster is correct. USF is investing heavily in new on-campus sports facilities. The indoor facility is phenomenal and the USF Board of Trustees just approved funding for the new $340M 35K seat stadium that will be shared by their football and wlax teams. They hope to have the stadium ready for 2026.

USF is a top 100 national university and just earned its AAU membership. Academically it’s a strong school.

Add that Tampa is a great location and USF has a proven head coach who has built a program from the bottom up into a national Top 20 program and there are a lot of reasons to want to play at USF.

They’ve taken a different approach than Clemson to building the team but have already signed some really good players from strong clubs. Much as I was with Clemson I am excited to follow USF.

Interested in hearing what you think is different between the build that Clemson has done and what USF is doing. I thought Pitt was the model after year 1, but Clemson/USC/Florida year one on the scene is the standard.

Florida loses LoPinto and has an in state transfer from the ACC sitting there. I wonder why they didn’t make a move?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Tufts goalie Courtney Kaufman to Duke per Tuft’s Twitter account
RollTheCrease

Post by RollTheCrease »

PhanLax99 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:06 pm

Interested in hearing what you think is different between the build that Clemson has done and what USF is doing. I thought Pitt was the model after year 1, but Clemson/USC/Florida year one on the scene is the standard.

Florida loses LoPinto and has an in state transfer from the ACC sitting there. I wonder why they didn’t make a move?
Clemson focused more heavily on the transfer portal to fill its initial roster. USF signed large 2023/24 classes and is adding some transfer portal players on top. There isn’t one right way to build a team, just an observation. I commend Coach McCord for the approach she is taking to finding high school talent that fits her values and developing that talent to its fullest.
UO22

Post by UO22 »

PhanLax99 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:06 pm

A lot of headaches associated with some players/families. It appears the Gators did their homework.
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

I am hearing Ball to Maryland.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

suffolk wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:18 pm I am hearing Ball to Maryland.
Huge pickup for the Terps. Hopefully they can get a transfer for the offensive end
Carolinagrad

Post by Carolinagrad »

With all their impact seniors taking their fifth year plus Ball, Maryland has a very talented roster. They should be a Final 4 team next year.
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

I’ve heard this sad song before. Face it, Maryland will never be what they were before. Since the move from the ACC they just don’t get the same quantity of recruits. Their recruiting classes have been sub par since. Not in magazines but on the field. In the past, Players that were recruited and groomed the MD way and were plugged in to sustain that type of winning tradition are just not in the program. Most elite players go top end ACC first, that’s the truth. Example, Back in the day Godine stays in state and pairs with Kori as a strong class foundation. Not now. You swing and miss on a whole class, 2021’s,( horrible) and you can’t recover. They got a reprieve with the Hop transfer two years ago for the final 4 run but the cupboards are bare or just not elite. Truth
user1020

Post by user1020 »

I agree. Maryland needs to find its identity again and start winning the big games. Their 2019 team was absolutely amazing and they had such a drop off and have not been able to recover. On paper they have a lot of good players left from that 2022 team, but they did not play well together last year. Terps are one Aurora Cordingley away from another final 4 run but those types of players are not easy to come by. They were mediocre last year and I say that as a Terps fan.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”