Transfer portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
westcoastlax

Re: Transfer portal

Post by westcoastlax »

So if they're riding the bench and struggling to get regular playing time, in an era where everyone else is transferring and thriving elsewhere, they should ignore their happiness and future just to please mom and dad? Maybe think about that
Who is to say they are not happy. They may be enjoying their teammates and the team experience at Boston College.

The reality of recruiting is that schools recruit 8-10 players a year with the expectation that only 4-5 will end up playing. At top schools, that means a lot of highly regarded recruits will not end up playing. If you do not play as a freshman, it is unlikely that you will see significant playing time as there is another group of highly touted recruits coming in next year.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Has anyone heard of any more entries I would think we are at the tail end of being able to go in
I’m also curious to see if anyone goes back to original team
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:07 pm Has anyone heard of any more entries I would think we are at the tail end of being able to go in
I know it was mentioned earlier that 4 Maryland players were in the portal and the only player confirmed was Demma Hall. I heard Emma Muchnick, Inside Lacrosse's #13 rated freshman in 2022 was another one.

Also hearing LoPinto to Loyola is a done deal
Idontknowtherules

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:02 pm
Idontknowtherules wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:07 pm Has anyone heard of any more entries I would think we are at the tail end of being able to go in
I know it was mentioned earlier that 4 Maryland players were in the portal and the only player confirmed was Demma Hall. I heard Emma Muchnick, Inside Lacrosse's #13 rated freshman in 2022 was another one.

I hope her and her gf are solid That would be awkward after making such a big decision
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:54 pm

I hope her and her gf are solid That would be awkward after making such a big decision
I’m not a fan of choosing schools based on significant others, but big pick up for Loyola. Emma Muchnik would be a great pick up for whoever snags her. I think she’ll be a great midfielder for any team
clansolid

Post by clansolid »

user1020 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:28 am

I’m not a fan of choosing schools based on significant others, but big pick up for Loyola. Emma Muchnik would be a great pick up for whoever snags her. I think she’ll be a great midfielder for any team
Pretty sure Loyola has way more to offer for LoPinto than just a significant other.
Muchnik could stay at MD and still be great
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

user1020 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:28 am Emma Muchnik would be a great pick up for whoever snags her. I think she’ll be a great midfielder for any team
Agreed.
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

UNC #50 to Hofstra
Idontknowtherules

:)
Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:54 am UNC #50 to Hofstra
Yep That was a surprise
Idontknowtherules

clansolid wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:32 am
user1020 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:28 am

Pretty sure Loyola has way more to offer for LoPinto than just a significant other.
Muchnik could stay at MD and still be great
I don’t think anyone’s saying Loyola isn’t a good choice for her But the gf def played a role in the decision
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Honestly great pickup for Hofstra. Sconone would have been a mutli year starter in most places but was relagated to a situational player at UNC. Strong and impossible to move off the ball with a cannon for a shot and good vision.
Idontknowtherules

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:16 am

Honestly great pickup for Hofstra. Sconone would have been a mutli year starter in most places but was relagated to a situational player at UNC. Strong and impossible to move off the ball with a cannon for a shot and good vision.
Great pick up Impossible to move No She’s not that great She will def be helpful But from what I hear you can be a fave one day and benched the next Hope she’s prepared
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:58 am :)
Yep That was a surprise
Why a surprise? While Jenny levy is a great coach, she’s no picnic to play for even if you’re a star…
She could easily have said to 50 “ I don’t think you’ll play much if at all next year as a grad student.” Godine, wurzberger, Miller, Casey and Chloe Humphrey will be fighting each other for field time next year….not sure a lefty feeder and spot up shooter who struggles with mobility and ride would find the field….
She won a championship. She played more than she probably thought she would last year…the rotation looks even harder to crack next year….and she will be strongly in the mix at Hofstra next year right away.
And she’ll be close to home.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Not a surprise. That team is having a lot of behind the scene issues with players.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:16 am

Agreed; sounds like a win for both parties.
Idontknowtherules

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:07 pm
Yep That was a surprise
Why a surprise? While Jenny levy is a great coach, she’s no picnic to play for even if you’re a star…
She could easily have said to 50 “ I don’t think you’ll play much if at all next year as a grad student.” Godine, wurzberger, Miller, Casey and Chloe Humphrey will be fighting each other for field time next year….not sure a lefty feeder and spot up shooter who struggles with mobility and ride would find the field….
She won a championship. She played more than she probably thought she would last year…the rotation looks even harder to crack next year….and she will be strongly in the mix at Hofstra next year right away.
It’s a surprise to me Yes because she got significantly more playing time as a senior this year It was also a surprise when she got recruited there to begin with I never thought she was that good in hs Close to home is a definite plus Levy might not be a picnic but smith is hardly
One either
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:07 pm
Yep That was a surprise
Jenny is no picnic to play for? Please get your rumors straight. She is a beloved coach by her players.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Not worth fighting over. I stand by my comment. Not rumor. But the notion that great coaches with great records are also widely beloved simply isn’t true. Just win baby doesn’t work in women’s lax…
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Not choosing a side in this and before I say anything I think Levy is a great recruiter and solid coach. However, I haven’t heard many graduating players say how much they love her. Doesn’t mean they don’t, I just haven’t heard much public praise
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

As I have said many times there are MANY reasons to transfer, on the field and off, but go back and watch Sconone in the closing minutes of the NCAA semi-final. Her body language says it all. Best of luck at Hofstra. The COLDEST I have ever been was watching a game there in March 2018. The WIND!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”