Long Island 2023

HS Boys Lacrosse
kr522

Re: Long Island 2023

Post by kr522 »

Finster wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:54 pm
kr522 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:56 pm 8-4 St Anthony’s, closing out the half with a 7-1 run. Their defense doing a great job preventing Chaminade from getting good looks

Please keep posting scores. I’m at Newark Airport. I really wanted to see this game but couldn’t rearrange things. Thanks.
St Anthony’s won 17-11, I get the sense they could have scored 20 if they wanted to keep pushing the pace of play. I’ve never seen an entire team that could shoot like that. #42, whoever he is, unleashed a laser that not many high schoolers are capable of…..i was waiting for the stats to show how many goals he has this year, thinking 30, 40? He has 13. It doesn’t matter who is taking the shot on that team
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

That was an old fashioned snot knocker.

#42 is Luke Breslin.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

The Chaminade - St. A's game resembled a track meet.Lot's of talented,fast,tough kids on both sides. Chaminade's FOGO is a Freshman.G0D how things change. A few years ago some Chaminade parents were angry that Moran let Sophomore Rob Hussey play.

This morning Rob Shriver reiterated his surprise that the cross-check to Correa's throat wasn't called.I hope that was unintentional but the referees missed that dangerous play.

One helluva a game.I hope Finster got to see this one.
Finster

Post by Finster »

wahoomurf wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:05 am The Chaminade - St. A's game resembled a track meet.Lot's of talented,fast,tough kids on both sides. Chaminade's FOGO is a Freshman.G0D how things change. A few years ago some Chaminade parents were angry that Moran let Sophomore Rob Hussey play.

This morning Rob Shriver reiterated his surprise that the cross-check to Correa's throat wasn't called.I hope that was unintentional but the referees missed that dangerous play.

One helluva a game.

Sorry I missed it. I even tried to get American Airlines to switch the gate television to ESPNU, and they declined. 😡

Do they play again this year?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Finster wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:07 am
wahoomurf wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:05 am The Chaminade - St. A's game resembled a track meet.Lot's of talented,fast,tough kids on both sides. Chaminade's FOGO is a Freshman.G0D how things change. A few years ago some Chaminade parents were angry that Moran let Sophomore Rob Hussey play.

One helluva a game.

Sorry I missed it. I even tried to get American Airlines to switch the gate television to ESPNU, and they declined. 😡

St.A's won the CHSAA championship and have no games left on their schedule.Chaminade has one game to play but it's against a public school.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Did the CHSAA do away with postseason? Last year the teams did play a title game on May 17th.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

In the event of a tie at the top there’s a playoff. Since St. Anthony’s swept Chaminade and lost no league games they win outright- no playoff. This may not have always been the case.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:27 pm In the event of a tie at the top there’s a playoff. Since St. Anthony’s swept Chaminade and lost no league games they win outright- no playoff. This may not have always been the case.
I prefer this system. But in the past there was always a third game regardless.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

In a contest between teams in search of new nicknames, at the half:

Manhasset 8
Wantagh 6

3 Wantagh goals came directly off faceooff wins
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:13 pm In a contest between teams in search of new nicknames, at the half:

Manhasset 8
Wantagh 6

3 Wantagh goals came directly off faceooff wins
Not too surprising with Chaminade looming on Saturday. We have a final score yet? Thanks.

Joe
Finster

Post by Finster »

wahoomurf wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:08 pm
Finster wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:07 am

One helluva a game.

St.A's won the CHSAA championship and have no games left on their schedule.Chaminade has one game to play but it's against a public school.

Thank you. I’m next in New York June 13-15.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Manhasset 17
Wantagh 10

Wantagh is a good team. They have some shooters.
Most goals surrendered by Manhasset this year.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:04 pm Manhasset 17
Wantagh 10

Good test for Manhasset. Proves to me that they can win many different ways. Can't hold everybody to single digits. Offense is humming heading into Saturday's showdown with the Friars.

Joe
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:14 pm
Wantagh 10

Good test for Manhasset. Proves to me that they can win many different ways. Can't hold everybody to single digits. Offense is humming heading into Saturday's showdown with the Friars.

Joe
I'm confused. Moran asked me if I'll be going to the game this Saturday. I plan on doing so but I'm confused,With yesterday's win ,the Friar's season is over.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

wahoomurf wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:54 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:14 pm
Wantagh 10

Joe
I'm confused. Moran asked me if I'll be going to the game this Saturday. I plan on doing so but I'm confused,With yesterday's win ,the Friar's season is over.
Murf,

Sorry, I meant Flyers!!!

Joe
kr522

Post by kr522 »

This one is going to be very tough….Flyers have a lot of athletes, plus that freshman did a good job of stalemating a lot of draws vs St Anthony’s, we’ll see what happens against Girard. and Chaminade is going to be surly after losing 2 in a row. Anyone know where the game will be shown for those who can’t make it?
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Varsity Media (YouTube).
kr522

Post by kr522 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:48 am Varsity Media (YouTube).
Muchas gracias….you have a prediction?
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:53 am
fordmaddoxford wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:48 am Varsity Media (YouTube).
Muchas gracias….you have a prediction?
I like Manhasset by 2 or 3. Yeah, Chaminade is deeper and more athletic, but Manhasset has edges where it really counts - FO and goal - and with as many possessions as they are likely going to get, I like their chances.

Going 11-9 Manhasset.
xcoach

Post by xcoach »

I've seen more than 30 high school games on LI, so far this spring, mostly in Suffolk. The A Division in Suffolk is wide open. WM and Northport, while somewhat less formidable than previous teams, are very well-coached. Connetquot has the excellent 1-2 punch of McCarthy and Moore along with some role players who have improved down the stretch. The dark horse in A is Half Hollow Hills,a team that is reliant on a large number of freshman and sophomores, led by midfield savant, Anthony Raio. I've seen him play 4 times, and he NEVER disappoints. IMHO, he could play SSDM at the college level right now. He literally never leaves the field. I've seen him "D up" every star middie he's faced, all players heading to major D 1 programs next year. On offense he scores in multiple ways, every game. The cool thing about his offense is that he doesn't' force anything, getting goals and assists in the flow of a team offense. He's an instant clear when needed, and he's relentless on GB"s. Against Connetquot he scored twice on goal to goal "punt returns" where he blew by 2 Division 1 recruits on his way to the goal. Needless to say, all of the major college powers should be in on him, and if they're not, they're negligent. Hills is also getting a terrific season out of D1 recruit (Towson) A Cosentino. He does a nice job running the offense in a very mature way, understanding pace of game and situational opportunities.
I'm heading to a critical B contest today when Comsewogue visits West Islip. The Lions ran off 8 straight wins after a shaky start, but suffered an OT loss to BBP after leading 7-2, and then surprisingly, lost to a resurgent Islip squad. Comsewogue always comes on at this time of year, so the B should come down to them, WI, and a young, well-coached EI team. C looks like a lock for Mt Sinai, whose coaching staff does one of the best jobs of player development on LI. D should be the domain of Mattituck, but a very young Babylon team may not be an easy out.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”