Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:23 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:26 am I’m scared as hell about the economy. Recall 08 wasn’t a solvency issue it was a liquidity crisis because of leverage and shadow banking..sound familiar.
We've been battening down the hatches for six months now. Just got back from SF....all those layoffs and folks still not working downtown? Place is a mess outside of a few pockets.
“folks still not working downtown”

Might just be the case that Gen Zers, kept out of the marriage and housing market, might not be so amenable to financial dragooning.
It's a pre-covid post covid assessment. And I know most of the top restaurant owners/spirit shop owners in the city. Outside of a couple blocks in the Mission, it's a mess. If you want to know about the health of restaurants in a city? Ask a spirits/wine/beer distributor....they know.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:26 am I’m scared as hell about the economy. Recall 08 wasn’t a solvency issue it was a liquidity crisis because of leverage and shadow banking..sound familiar.
We've been battening down the hatches for six months now. Just got back from SF....all those layoffs and folks still not working downtown? Place is a mess outside of a few pockets.
Don't worry, Elon just canceled work from home so the few thousand Twitter employees left will be working in town again :).
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:43 pm

Might just be the case that Gen Zers, kept out of the marriage and housing market, might not be so amenable to financial dragooning.
It's a pre-covid post covid assessment. And I know most of the top restaurant owners/spirit shop owners in the city. Outside of a couple blocks in the Mission, it's a mess. If you want to know about the health of restaurants in a city? Ask a spirits/wine/beer distributor....they know.
Can it be nothing more than what Jerome is doing with the Fed, so people are beginning to hunker down?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:03 pm

Can it be nothing more than what Jerome is doing with the Fed, so people are beginning to hunker down?
I'm gonna bet that the Fed puts increases on hold especially if they get another inflation report like today next month. May explain why the markets went cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs yesterday.
a fan

Post by a fan »

IMHO...we're talking about the best paid workforce in America. So no. Even if twitter laid them off, for example, they've got dozens of job offers to choose from. So....my opinion? No. It's about a change in cultural habits.

The SF Liquor stores? They're killing it. Particularly so for home delivery. These workers are shifting WHERE they're having fun...and bars and restaurants are paying the price. Add in inflation and problems getting workers to show up for their sous chef shifts?

But anything's possible, this is just my view from what I've been told first hand.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm

I'm gonna bet that the Fed puts increases on hold especially if they get another inflation report like today next month. May explain why the markets went cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs yesterday.
I posted something similarly on the 2nd: https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=410706#p410706
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:07 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:58 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:53 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:38 am Twitter Blue with verification tick is no longer available for purchase as of this morning. It looks like the Musk clusterFcuk is, at least, on hold.

Investors may want to sell Tesla now as he will likely have to continue to liquidate stock to fund the mess he created at Twitter.

Simply stunning turn of events.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/11/twitter ... m-app.html
So what will the federal government do to protect their interest in Space X being a viable company?
As long as they don't do that dumb receivership like they did with the GSEs.

The play is to protect retail shareholders except Cathy Wood in exchange for pressuring the value to other suitors down such that there's no bid...
I was thinking more of the need for the launch capabilities as Space X is the de facto rocket division for NASA.

Fcuk the retail shareholders.
well, prefer shareholders don't get hosed, but these are among the risks of investing in companies with mega-ego CEO's...sometimes you win big, sometimes you lose big.

But yes, critical that Space X continue to develop and innovate, doesn't collapse in this mess. The current shareholders don't take top priority.

The company would not exist without the federal gov't relationship.
Except my comment was tied to govt boxing out other bidders for the assets vesting a depressed value through means it shouldn’t otherwise use but could justify to grab the assets they deem of “national interest”. Goes back to eminent domain, property rights, kelo vs New London, etc.

Want to jam QIbs, private desire and taxpayer subsidized banks fine but to create a scenario that amounts to a taking of private property should come with the targeted proper safety net.

Sent bother putting SBFs assets in receivership. Let it run all to zero, no recovery and then watch toms of cats commit suicide for putting their life savings into FTX on what was believed to be a custodial account.

Covert that segment of investors who were let down by the govt and regulators get like a note that’s interest only for 2-3yrs then amortize over next 12-18yrs.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What you willing to risk?

Powell has been clear he’s going to do what’s necessary to unwind 14yes of extraordinary monetary policy. Yellen should’ve handled this ages ago.

The reaction to a still wayy to not print yesterday is not good for folks cheering for him to stop.

https://fredblog.stlouisfed.org/2021/08 ... this-time/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:19 pm

I posted something similarly on the 2nd: https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=410706#p410706
Will take your bet as well. Please folks papa needs to pay for daughters unrelenting demands…er “needs”
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

It's a good thing we voted to continue the economy-wrecking policies of the Democratic Party. :roll:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:02 pm

Powell has been clear he’s going to do what’s necessary to unwind 14yes of extraordinary monetary policy. Yellen should’ve handled this ages ago.

The reaction to a still wayy to not print yesterday is not good for folks cheering for him to stop.

Given Powell's supposed conviction and the impact on financial markets and players, I have to ask, "how's his security?"

Has there ever been a "Pelican-brief"-esque defenestration or the like of a Fed Chair?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:56 pmIt's a good thing we voted to continue the economy-wrecking policies of the Democratic Party. :roll:
Consider Republicans printed like 44% of all US dollars in existence when they were in charge for just a couple of years. And Democrats have continually cleaned up your messes since Reagan and before...

You're honestly like getting a child to stop eating candy 24/7 and have some carrots and celery once in a while. Then you cry and yell that the sane adults are the meanies.

It would be funnier if you didn't continually f-up the country.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:45 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:02 pm

Given Powell's supposed conviction and the impact on financial markets and players, I have to ask, "how's his security?"

Has there ever been a "Pelican-brief"-esque defenestration or the like of a Fed Chair?
I've liked one guy, and even that was a mild like, Bernanke, since before I was out of college, so...

I hate/loathe/fear the dual mandate (max employment AND price stability) - it's horses**t.

And all these players, hubris out the butthole, patting themselves on the back going "don't fight the fed" while piling into mispriced liquidity trades with leverage and calling it alpha all know better and run counter to the fed with the arrogance and lack of self awareness I aspire to.
elonmuskrockefeller

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:19 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:56 pmIt's a good thing we voted to continue the economy-wrecking policies of the Democratic Party. :roll:
Consider Republicans printed like 44% of all US dollars in existence when they were in charge for just a couple of years. And Democrats have continually cleaned up your messes since Reagan and before...

You're honestly like getting a child to stop eating candy 24/7 and have some carrots and celery once in a while. Then you cry and yell that the sane adults are the meanies.

It would be funnier if you didn't continually f-up the country.

John Fetterman will certainly understand the nuances of trade policies, tax policies, and the interplay between the Federal Reserve and Treasury. As for Fanlax Democrats, were it not for Joe Manchin saving you from yourselves, inflation right now would be clipping along at about 16%.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:59 am John Fetterman will certainly understand the nuances of trade policies, tax policies, and the interplay between the Federal Reserve and Treasury. As for Fanlax Democrats, were it not for Joe Manchin saving you from yourselves, inflation right now would be clipping along at about 16%.
:lol:

Obama's last year, spending was at $3.9 Trillion.

By the time Trump was done, spending was at $7.2 Trillion. Want me to help you with the math? That's $3.3 Trillion more, Pete.

Biden CUT spending by $1.2 Trillion dollars in his first year, Pete. Have a look.

Trump was Peak Big Government, Pete. You can pretend you can't add and subtract all you like. Or---if you're REALLY this stupid? You and your fellow idiots DESERVE all the problems that come with Trump's spending spree, all while cutting taxes.

Trump and his pals are laughing all the way to the bank, because 2022 Republicans are too stupid to pay attention to what their Republican leaders do when they're in office. Why do you think Trump spent so much time tweeting?

It's three card monte, Pete: pay attention to all the crazy stuff Trump says so that you don't notice that Trump and his pals are looting the American Treasury.

It works. Every. Time.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:35 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:59 am John Fetterman will certainly understand the nuances of trade policies, tax policies, and the interplay between the Federal Reserve and Treasury. As for Fanlax Democrats, were it not for Joe Manchin saving you from yourselves, inflation right now would be clipping along at about 16%.

By the time Trump was done, spending was at $7.2 Trillion. Want me to help you with the math? That's $3.3 Trillion more, Pete.

Biden CUT spending by $1.2 Trillion dollars in his first year, Pete. Have a look.

Trump was Peak Big Government, Pete. You can pretend you can't add and subtract all you like. Or---if you're REALLY this stupid? You and your fellow idiots DESERVE all the problems that come with Trump's spending spree, all while cutting taxes.

Trump and his pals are laughing all the way to the bank, because 2022 Republicans are too stupid to pay attention to what their Republican leaders do when they're in office. Why do you think Trump spent so much time tweeting?

It's three card monte, Pete: pay attention to all the crazy stuff Trump says so that you don't notice that Trump and his pals are looting the American Treasury.

It works. Every. Time.
+1
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:35 am

It works. Every. Time.

You can't be this thick. The largest driver of his 'increased spending' was pandemic relief legislation ($3.9 trillion).

Further, Trump repeatedly proposed budgets with significant deficit reduction but was thwarted by a bipartisan congressional majority that aggressively supported expensive new initiatives.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:37 pm You can't be this thick. The largest driver of his 'increased spending' was pandemic relief legislation ($3.9 trillion).
:lol: Walked right into it.

So you DO understand that TrumpSpending is part of why we have inflation, Pete.

Hooraaaaaaay, Everybody! Petey figured something out all by himself.

I feel SO PROUD for you, Pete.

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:37 pm Further, Trump repeatedly proposed budgets with significant deficit reduction but was thwarted by a bipartisan congressional majority that aggressively supported expensive new initiatives.
Annnnd Pete's right back to pretending he's a moron.

Pete: can you tell the class what a veto is? I know, it's a big word, with four whole syllables.

Veto, Pete. Tell your classmates what that word means in the context of Trump and legislation.
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:09 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:37 pm You can't be this thick. The largest driver of his 'increased spending' was pandemic relief legislation ($3.9 trillion).
:lol: Walked right into it.

So you DO understand that TrumpSpending is part of why we have inflation, Pete.

Hooraaaaaaay, Everybody! Petey figured something out all by himself.

I feel SO PROUD for you, Pete.

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:37 pm Further, Trump repeatedly proposed budgets with significant deficit reduction but was thwarted by a bipartisan congressional majority that aggressively supported expensive new initiatives.
Annnnd Pete's right back to pretending he's a moron.

Pete: can you tell the class what a veto is? I know, it's a big word, with four whole syllables.

Veto, Pete. Tell your classmates what that word means in the context of Trump and legislation.

Notwithstanding the blinding arrogance of your posts, what gives you the idea that I am a Trump supporter? I was trying to help you out with your claim that Trump 'increased spending by $3.3 trillion'; correct, but $3.9 trillion was pandemic relief.

The effort is futile, I gather.

And, for the billionth time, I am not "Pete".
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

:lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”