media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: media matters

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:53 pm Watch the entire game and you'll still be wondering.
No I won’t.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:18 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:53 pm Watch the entire game and you'll still be wondering.
No I won’t.
Fair enough, no way to be influenced by the mood of house or what actually happened, or not, that way.
Tune into Jamele, she can tell you all you need to know about the threatening mood without seeing it for yourself.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:43 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:18 pm
No I won’t.
Fair enough, no way to be influenced by the mood of house or what actually happened, or not, that way.
Tune into Jamele, she can tell you all you need to know about the threatening mood without seeing it for yourself.
Because when you watch it on TV, you are there. That comes with Metaverse 2.0

Jamele who?
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Ben'll give you a little taste of her, have a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0gaoR_Y2xo
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:16 pm Ben'll give you a little taste of her, have a listen.
How did that get into your feed?
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

I googled Jemele Hill (for you) and the Duke volleyball racial slurs incident and that popped up.
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:36 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:16 pm Ben'll give you a little taste of her, have a listen.
How did that get into your feed?
Interesting. Thanks. I haven’t seen Ben Shapiro in years. Won’t see him today either. Have a good rest of the weekend and let me know what you are eatin’ on! I am hoping to see you in the Spring.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thnx, you too.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Very few people heard what happened at Sewanee, and you certainly wouldn't have known from watching tape.
Go ahead...watch the entire Sewanee game...
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:37 pm
Very few people heard what happened at Sewanee, and you certainly wouldn't have known from watching tape.
You have to wait for Metaverse 2.0 or 3.0.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

If I watch the tape will I see this?
“So pronounced were the shouted slurs in the third quarter that the game officials on the field ordered that Sewanee fans be cleared before play could continue.”
https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org/20 ... 0Tennessee.
At the lacrosse game someone other than one player heard the shouted slurs and did something about it. If one player on the Emmanuel College team said he heard racial slurs being shouted out, I'd bet his coaches and teammates would say, yeah, we did too.
At the volleyball match, despite claims of being racially heckled throughout the entirety of the match where slurs and comments reportedly turned into threats, no one else, no teammate, no official, no coach, no security personnel, no fan, no commentator saw or heard any of it, hence nothing was done about one player's claim of being threatened and having to play in a volatile environment. Well, actually something was done, they banned one fan from ever attending a match again but later realized that he had been falsely accused of misconduct and lifted the ban.
Doesn't appear to me as if these two incidences were handled the same. Then again it appears as if one place had an incident and the other didn't.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:36 am
“So pronounced were the shouted slurs in the third quarter that the game officials on the field ordered that Sewanee fans be cleared before play could continue.”
At the lacrosse game someone other than one player heard the shouted slurs and did something about it. If one player on the Emmanuel College team said he heard racial slurs being shouted out, I'd bet his coaches and teammates would say, yeah, we did too.
At the volleyball match, despite claims of being racially heckled throughout the entirety of the match where slurs and comments reportedly turned into threats, no one else, no teammate, no official, no coach, no security personnel, no fan, no commentator saw or heard any of it, hence nothing was done about one player's claim of being threatened and having to play in a volatile environment. Well, actually something was done, they banned one fan from ever attending a match again but later realized that he had been falsely accused of misconduct and lifted the ban.
Doesn't appear to me as if these two incidences were handled the same. Then again it appears as if one place had an incident and the other didn't.
People do not lie Dmac, it had to of happened. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:24 am
Show me Jesus walking out that tomb.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:26 am
Why?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:36 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:26 am
Why?
Just ribbing you. Enjoy the games today.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Great question. The slurs happened in one corner of the field on an out of bounds situation. No one other than players immediately there "heard" it, (including other Emannuel players)...(other fans never admitted they heard it or could identify the specific source(s)). Player reported to coach, coach called a timeout, told Sewanee coach who called over officials...and they cancelled the game on the spot.

You won't hear anything on the tape of the game. My son's good friend who was on the sideline says it definitely happened. Drunk sorority girls. But no specific person was identified.

Again, you don't know that he was 'falsely accused', you just know that they couldn't prove he'd said anything, and the police officer who went to stand beside him said he didn't say anything after he stood there. Says he thinks he has an autism-like issue...

Doesn't mean he hadn't before. Also doesn't mean someone else didn't thereafter.

We simply don't know what actually happened. Can't prove either way.
My bias isn't to assume the girl lied and made something up that she didn't experience.
Of course, that could be incorrect. People do lie, people do imagine things that didn't happen...but...

The hyperbole about it, however, went too far.
So, too, the vehemence of the denials, IMO, as these things definitely do happen.
Not frequently, but any is too much.
DMac

Post by DMac »

....and maybe, just maybe, the autistic person, if he was saying anything at all (was looking at his phone when she was serving) , wasn't speaking as clearly or enunciating as a non autistic person would and could just maybe be misunderstood or misheard.
Officials, teammates, coaches, security all playing dumb and part of the cover up?
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:39 pm ....and maybe, just maybe, the autistic person, if he was saying anything at all (was looking at his phone when she was serving) , wasn't speaking as clearly or enunciating as a non autistic person would and could just maybe be misunderstood or misheard.
Officials, teammates, coaches, security all playing dumb and part of the cover up?
Check your PM.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Methinks the brotha is right on the money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqXn3yEicGY

Return to “POLITICS”