2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:50 am Petey, you are doing a miserable job of "staying away".

The notion that DeSantis isn't purposely dividing and inflaming his electorate is ridiculous. He fans the flames of outrage, anger and resentment, already present in his hard core base, at every possible turn.

But yeah, I'd predict too that he's going to win going away in this cycle in this state. So, so many yahoos here.

My wife and I were traveling across the state from Stuart to Tampa the other day, a whole lot of flat area, lots and lots of cows and some evidence of big agribusiness, plus some tin shacks and trailers clustered together. We stopped at a Pilot for a break. As we were walking out, my wife said, "let's get out of here" in a stressed tone, hustling me up...and she doesn't get that way easily...I hadn't experienced anything particularly abnormal, but apparently she had in the bathroom...a woman in the next stall had let out a small shriek and my wife had asked whether she was ok. the woman said she'd recently gained a lot of weight and had lost her balance. She then started talking, rambling about how the world was coming to an end on July 9, that the currency was going to collapse that day, and that it was all Biden's fault..."that d-mn Biden"...and she needed to lose weight...

Most aren't as extreme nutcases as this gal, but hoo boy, just walk through the local flea market...gun shops, flag shops, smoke shops, and lots of Trump stickers...and then try visiting the Villages..or most any other midscale 55+ 'retirement' area...
... :lol: :lol: You have to laugh ... Sad really. She clearly needs to get help. Very stressful times made more so by scumbags fanning the flames for profit. When the history is written this period is going to be known as the "era of the big grift" -- it is not just Trump.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:22 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:50 am Petey, you are doing a miserable job of "staying away".

The notion that DeSantis isn't purposely dividing and inflaming his electorate is ridiculous. He fans the flames of outrage, anger and resentment, already present in his hard core base, at every possible turn.

But yeah, I'd predict too that he's going to win going away in this cycle in this state. So, so many yahoos here.

My wife and I were traveling across the state from Stuart to Tampa the other day, a whole lot of flat area, lots and lots of cows and some evidence of big agribusiness, plus some tin shacks and trailers clustered together. We stopped at a Pilot for a break. As we were walking out, my wife said, "let's get out of here" in a stressed tone, hustling me up...and she doesn't get that way easily...I hadn't experienced anything particularly abnormal, but apparently she had in the bathroom...a woman in the next stall had let out a small shriek and my wife had asked whether she was ok. the woman said she'd recently gained a lot of weight and had lost her balance. She then started talking, rambling about how the world was coming to an end on July 9, that the currency was going to collapse that day, and that it was all Biden's fault..."that d-mn Biden"...and she needed to lose weight...

Most aren't as extreme nutcases as this gal, but hoo boy, just walk through the local flea market...gun shops, flag shops, smoke shops, and lots of Trump stickers...and then try visiting the Villages..or most any other midscale 55+ 'retirement' area...

Like I said, I’m trying to stay away but posters like yourself keep posting nonsense. Take the above for example.

Firstly, Pilots are mostly for truckers and hookers. I can’t blame you for not knowing this since you’re a country club fellow, but my advice to you would be to not stop at a Pilot. You’ll enjoy your time far more at a Buc-eees or Wawa.

Secondly, you were driving mostly through big ag. Big ag and small ag despise Biden and Democrats, for good reason. Don’t blame folks whose livelihoods are being wrecked by Democratic policies for not slavishly bowing down to the guy.

Finally, this woman sounds like she was having a meth reaction. If you were as kind as you claim, you should have helped her, not blasted her on a public website. Maybe pay for her gasoline next time?
:lol: :lol: "mostly truckers and hookers". Is this just a Florida phenomenon or everywhere there are Pilot stations or just in agricultural areas? :lol: :lol: :lol:

beyond that, I wouldn't know where else to start with this nonsensical response.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:52 am

Like I said, I’m trying to stay away but posters like yourself keep posting nonsense. Take the above for example.

Firstly, Pilots are mostly for truckers and hookers. I can’t blame you for not knowing this since you’re a country club fellow, but my advice to you would be to not stop at a Pilot. You’ll enjoy your time far more at a Buc-eees or Wawa.

Secondly, you were driving mostly through big ag. Big ag and small ag despise Biden and Democrats, for good reason. Don’t blame folks whose livelihoods are being wrecked by Democratic policies for not slavishly bowing down to the guy.

Finally, this woman sounds like she was having a meth reaction. If you were as kind as you claim, you should have helped her, not blasted her on a public website. Maybe pay for her gasoline next time?
:lol: :lol: "mostly truckers and hookers". Is this just a Florida phenomenon or everywhere there are Pilot stations or just in agricultural areas? :lol: :lol: :lol:

beyond that, I wouldn't know where else to start with this nonsensical response.

You fellows are some kind of naive. Lol

Anyway, the better news for me and the worse news for MD is the owners of Pilot are massive Republican donors. :lol: :lol: they also own the Cleveland Browns.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I stop at Pilots up and down the East coast as I travel, good prices, and have no such prejudices as you suppose against truckers, much less farmers...never seen a hooker at any, but then I'm not hanging around the showers or backlots. Apparently you are?

This gal did sound cocoapuffs, and I can have some sympathy, except that there's a whole lot of cocoapuffs in the current Trumpy cult GOP world...she's not an anomaly. They ain't all meth heads...

Re ag, I wasn't aware that large or small have any particular issue with Biden and Democrat policies re ag, though it's certainly true that the massive bailout under Trump was appreciated...but most of the farmers also were very, very upset with the impact of the stupid trade wars he created...very damaging to their export sales. Indeed, that's what necessitated the massive bailout---and the rest of us taxpayers are on the hook for all that totally unproductive deficit spending.

But yes, rural voters have big issues with the cultural crap they're fed from the right, with little exposure to difference in their personal lives given that those seeking education and diversity typically leave and don't come back.

No surprise that one would find rural voters supporting the current GOP.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:26 pm

Anyway, the better news for me and the worse news for MD is the owners of Pilot are massive Republican donors. :lol: :lol: they also own the Cleveland Browns.
And why would that bother me?
well, I do like it when my Ravens beat the Browns...

Here's a question for you Petey: do you think Pilot will take federal infrastructure spending or tax credits for installing electric stations? Or will they refuse it?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

It appears there was a major glitch in the Alaska primaries. Ballot rejection rates as high as 18% is some communities with 4% across the state. This is the first time Alaska voted with mail in ballots.

The Story
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:00 pm

Here's a question for you Petey: do you think Pilot will take federal infrastructure spending or tax credits for installing electric stations? Or will they refuse it?

Your first decent post with a legit question.

Electric is going to upend a ton of markets, operators, and obviously infrastructure. Aviation is one of them. Within 50 years, life as we know it for fossil fuels will be radically different. I’m not sure that gas retailers can survive on their current business model. If you look at a Buc-eees, this company is radically changing the nature of a gas station, massively expanding services and offerings.

Human beings and dogs do not change however. So we will always need or want to stop every few hours in a car to take a whizzer. A company like Buc-eees will survive, because the gas will not be their main offering, it hardly is today. Pure gasoline offering stations will fall.

I don’t know the answer to the tax credit question. If it’s ‘free money’ to the Pilots of the world, I’m sure they’ll grab it if their competitors are. I’ll assure you this: in fifty years, fuel will not be their primary profit driver.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:00 pm

Your first decent post with a legit question.

Electric is going to upend a ton of markets, operators, and obviously infrastructure. Aviation is one of them. Within 50 years, life as we know it for fossil fuels will be radically different. I’m not sure that gas retailers can survive on their current business model. If you look at a Buc-eees, this company is radically changing the nature of a gas station, massively expanding services and offerings.

Human beings and dogs do not change however. So we will always need or want to stop every few hours in a car to take a whizzer. A company like Buc-eees will survive, because the gas will not be their main offering, it hardly is today. Pure gasoline offering stations will fall.

I don’t know the answer to the tax credit question. If it’s ‘free money’ to the Pilots of the world, I’m sure they’ll grab it if their competitors are. I’ll assure you this: in fifty years, fuel will not be their primary profit driver.
It might be news to you, but Wawa, which you had mentioned, and likeminded convenience gas stores make far more on their store sales than they do selling gas, not simply on a margin basis, but also in gross profits. Gas is just a loss leader, or at best extremely low contributor. Pure gas stations are already failing rapidly.

I have two friends in the business, the owner of Royal Farms, which is much like Wawa, and another who failed to convince his father to convert their gas stores (Crown) to this strategy two decades ago and eventually had to sell/liquidate their holdings in the retail business.

Pilot looks to me to be very similarly positioned, with huge in-store footprints by comparison to most gas stations, using low priced fuel to attract the in-store traffic.

I'd predict that not only will Republican donor Pilot gladly accept infrastructure dollars, they'll use those outlets to compete for lowest cost position as well.

Getting the big trucks off diesel will require some additional technology, but it's happening...but cars and busses are already obviously there. Caveat that they need better battery tech, that doesn't require lithium. The US has some of the largest lithium reserves in the world, but the processing requires enormous amounts of water, and that's not easily available where the lithem is...but new tech is coming.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

On brand, what with all that hooker money.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MD is gonna be crying.

The blowouts in #GA06 and #GA10 mean Trump has now lost 10 primary endorsements in ‘22, many by wide margins.

Toto, we’re not in 2020 anymore.

Not to MD and his band though! ‘Trump is the driving force for all Republicans’. Someone keeps forgetting to tell those rube voters!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Mo Brooks just lost in Alabama to Katie Britt, a young lady you boys will get to know real well the next 30 years. She’s phenomenal. Mo as you might recall was trumps biggest fanboy. He’s gone now.

What will our Fanlax FLP do with these losses tonight?? :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:29 pm MD is gonna be crying.

The blowouts in #GA06 and #GA10 mean Trump has now lost 10 primary endorsements in ‘22, many by wide margins.

Not to MD and his band though! ‘Trump is the driving force for all Republicans’. Someone keeps forgetting to tell those rube voters!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Mo Brooks just lost in Alabama to Katie Britt, a young lady you boys will get to know real well the next 30 years. She’s phenomenal. Mo as you might recall was trumps biggest fanboy. He’s gone now.

Trump backed Britt dumbass. :roll:
Trump Endorsement Score Card
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:29 am

I’ve been waiting for one of you bozos to step in it. You were high on the list of probabilities. :lol: :lol:

Trump initially endorsed Mo. but when he saw that Katie opened up a 30 point lead on Mo, he switched teams because he has zero loyalty (Mo was his biggest supporter) and his scorecard is looking awful. This was about ten days ago. :lol: :lol:

His switch however did nothing for Katie (she was already up 30!) but made him look weak to his followers.

Katie is a former business council leader (moderate so far as business goes), ex head of Alabama’s student council, married to an auburn football guy, incredibly presentable, and will be a major conservative star. I actually told you boys about her months ago, telling your FLP brethren she’d win. Alas.

Oh also, despite being asked by media a billion times to catch her in a gotcha moment, has never said the 2020 election was fraudulent.

You’re going to hate her not because she’s conservative but because she’s so talented. Britt Derangement Syndrome BDS to commence right after she’s sworn in.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:36 am

I’ve been waiting for one of you bozos to step in it. You were high on the list of probabilities. :lol: :lol:

Trump initially endorsed Mo. but when he saw that Katie opened up a 30 point lead on Mo, he switched teams because he has zero loyalty (Mo was his biggest supporter) and his scorecard is looking awful. This was about ten days ago. :lol: :lol:

His switch however did nothing for Katie (she was already up 30!) but made him look weak to his followers.

Katie is a former business council leader (moderate so far as business goes), ex head of Alabama’s student council, married to an auburn football guy, incredibly presentable, and will be a major conservative star. I actually told you boys about her months ago, telling your FLP brethren she’d win. Alas.

Oh also, despite being asked by media a billion times to catch her in a gotcha moment, has never said the 2020 election was fraudulent.

You’re going to hate her not because she’s conservative but because she’s talented.
.... just one more Trumpnista. She didn't refuse the endorsement. :roll: Brooks is a whiney wimpy POS cry baby, even a Trump endorsement can't fix that. :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

What Petey ignores is that only a handful of those who have specifically said that Trump lost, Biden won, have won in a GOP primary. Nearly all candidates who have won have sought Trump's endorsement, whether they got it or not. Britt didn't call the election "fraudulent", she asked for a "nationwide forensic audit"... :roll:

Both of these GOP candidates sought MAGA world acceptance, and Britt took advantage of Trump's pulling his endorsement from Brooks when Brooks said the country should look forward, not backward, in reference to Trump's continuing insistence on talking about 2020. She then sought Trump's endorsement prior to the runoff when she didn't win outright in the primary...and got it.

The MAGA Trump-cult dominates the GOP right now.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:43 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:36 am

You’re going to hate her not because she’s conservative but because she’s talented.
.... just one more Trumpnista. She didn't refuse the endorsement. :roll: Brooks is a whiney wimpy POS cry baby, even a Trump endorsement can't fix that. :lol: :lol:

So you want candidates to now decline Trumps endorsement? :lol: :lol:

One reason I tell folks to never compromise with the left is the left are never satisfied with anything you offer; the left isn’t seeking common ground, they’re seeking capitulation. They’ll only be satisfied when we’re eating dogs on the streets, our culture ruined beyond repair.

The good hews for you JHU72 is most Democrats and neverTrump birdbrains aren’t bright enough to understand this truism. So they mindlessly go along with the lefts daily lunacy, unaware how far down the rabbit hole of anti American ethos they’ve traveled, until (like today) their ideas are so anathema to so many Americans, the left is literally swept out of office.

We talk how Trump was such a threat to democracy, but anyone paying attention realizes it’s the American left we need to focus on. If the left sees they are about to be slaughtered in an election cycle, does anyone doubt they’d push 100% vote by mail (not auditable) to save their skin? And then undo our constitution such as the electoral college? Of course they would. You’ve got FLP on Fanlax who seemingly are indifferent to SCOTUS justices being murdered. Do you seriously think they care if they cease democracy?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... boring, same old, same old. You need a new routine ass kiss. :roll:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

what a birdbrain. That claptrap has no meaning whatsoever this side of OAN... :roll:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:16 am does anyone doubt they’d push 100% vote by mail (not auditable) to save their skin?
Like Colorado. Boy, things are horrible here. And gee whiz, with all our corrupt voting, somehow Boebert and her little R managed to get elected. And you're telling me this is impossible.

Same year old question pending, Pete: if absentee ballots are inherently fraudulent, and naturally, ONLY in the Dems favor...,why does a single Republican controlled State allow them?

And the reason, of course, is that this is a made up issue, designed to fool guys like you, who are incapable of stringing together logical ideas without needing a nap.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:01 am ... boring, same old, same old. You need a new routine ass kiss. :roll:

Who’s hardest hit here? I’m going to do a search of ‘Andrew Gillum’ on these boards to verify which one of you was his biggest fan. :lol:

Seems like your man Andrew was up to worse than cheating on his wife with a gay male porn star. To think Florida avoided this CNN, DNC clown by only 40,000 votes.

Andrew Gillum, the once-rising Florida Democratic star who narrowly lost the 2018 governor’s race to Ron DeSantis, was hit with a 21-count federal indictment Wednesday for wire fraud, related conspiracy charges and making false statements.

Gillum, the former Tallahassee mayor, was charged along with his mentor, Sharon Lettman-Hicks, for fraudulently fundraising from "various entities" between 2016 to 2019, according to a Department of Justice press release. The Justice Department said the two allegedly diverted some of the money to a company controlled by Lettman-Hicks, who fraudulently disguised the funds as payroll payments to Gillum.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... -rcna34676

Return to “POLITICS”