2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:26 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:26 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:21 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:04 am Herschel's having a tough couple of days. Apparently he:

Lied bout being high school valedictorian;
Lied about owning a nonexistent business;
Lied about even graduating from college;
Lied about graduating in the top 1%;
Lied about being a police officer or some kind of LEO;
Lied about being an FBI agent or some kind of LEO;
Chastised other men about being absentee fathers, while having a secret 10 year old he doesn't see.

He does seem prepped and ready to go to become a member of the GOP caucus in the Senate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/14/us/p ... r-son.html

"Herschel Walker, the Republican nominee for Senate from Georgia, who has often spoken out against absentee fathers, particularly in Black households, on Tuesday publicly acknowledged having fathered a second son with whom he is not in contact.

The admission came in response to a report by The Daily Beast, which said it had confirmed the 10-year-old boy’s parentage but withheld his name and that of his mother. It said the child’s mother had sued Mr. Walker a year after giving birth to obtain a declaration of paternity and child support, and that the suit lasted until August 2014, when Mr. Walker was ordered to pay child support. The boy, by then more than 2 years old, took Mr. Walker’s last name.

The development is the latest and potentially the most damaging of a number of reports detailing Mr. Walker’s exaggerations and outright falsehoods concerning his life before entering politics. He has falsely claimed that he worked as a member of law enforcement in Georgia and with the F.B.I. in Quantico, Va., according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He has also exaggerated his business record as the owner of a poultry company that collapsed years before he ran for office."
With all that lying I have to wonder why Herschel didn't choose to run as a DemocRAT??? He would have fit in nicely. :D
Herschel "choosing" assumes a fact not much in evidence.
If Herschel was running as a DemocRAT the collective FLP mindset on this forum would have a huge man crush on him. The folks that live in Georgia will decide who they want counselor. I don't really care one way or the other. I do have the feeling that if Walker wins the crotchety old white liberal guys on this forum will lose their minds.
Umm, no. I would not have a "huge man crush on him." And no, I won't lose my mind. Herschel getting elected to the United States Senate will just be another rung down into the deep trough of drunken, lawless, stupidity that the GOP is driving us. I'll grab a beer and watch GOP party leaders try to "govern" with a bunch of infantile children in Congress. For the GOP, Herschel's stupidity is totally on brand.
+1
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:27 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:22 am Walker would have been much better vetted in the democratic party. He would not have won the primary. :roll:
I doubt that very much Dr Wizard.

If Masie Hirono can get through the vetting of a primary, then it’s fair to say anyone can.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:04 am Herschel's having a tough couple of days. Apparently he:

Chastised other men about being absentee fathers, while having a secret 10 year old he doesn't see.

He does seem prepped and ready to go to become a member of the GOP caucus in the Senate.

"Herschel Walker, the Republican nominee for Senate from Georgia, who has often spoken out against absentee fathers, particularly in Black households, on Tuesday publicly acknowledged having fathered a second son with whom he is not in contact.

The admission came in response to a report by The Daily Beast, which said it had confirmed the 10-year-old boy’s parentage but withheld his name and that of his mother. It said the child’s mother had sued Mr. Walker a year after giving birth to obtain a declaration of paternity and child support, and that the suit lasted until August 2014, when Mr. Walker was ordered to pay child support. The boy, by then more than 2 years old, took Mr. Walker’s last name.

The development is the latest and potentially the most damaging of a number of reports detailing Mr. Walker’s exaggerations and outright falsehoods concerning his life before entering politics. He has falsely claimed that he worked as a member of law enforcement in Georgia and with the F.B.I. in Quantico, Va., according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He has also exaggerated his business record as the owner of a poultry company that collapsed years before he ran for office."
With all that lying I have to wonder why Herschel didn't choose to run as a DemocRAT??? He would have fit in nicely. :D
If Herschel was running as a DemocRAT the collective FLP mindset on this forum would have a huge man crush on him. The folks that live in Georgia will decide who they want counselor. I don't really care one way or the other. I do have the feeling that if Walker wins the crotchety old white liberal guys on this forum will lose their minds.
Umm, no. I would not have a "huge man crush on him." And no, I won't lose my mind. Herschel getting elected to the United States Senate will just be another rung down into the deep trough of drunken, lawless, stupidity that the GOP is driving us. I'll grab a beer and watch GOP party leaders try to "govern" with a bunch of infantile children in Congress. For the GOP, Herschel's stupidity is totally on brand.

Cradle is correct, yet again.

Here’s an interesting question and one which explains why voters are rapidly running from Democrats, courtesy of Seth Dillon:

Are there behaviors that leftists still consider to be lewd, indecent, or obscene? It would seem they've so inverted morality that they find only the good/traditional to be repugnant.

I’ve noticed even on Fanlax that the FLP have no limit on what they consider lewd. Want to host a drag show for 2nd graders? No prob. Bring kids to pride parades where performers simulate anal sex and ask over bullhorns if anyibe “has extra lube@?

Doesn’t this offend any of you? Is it simply fun entertainment?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Another right-wing American deeply caught up in lewdness. Also on brand.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:51 pm

Here’s an interesting question and one which explains why voters are rapidly running from Democrats, courtesy of Seth Dillon:

Are there behaviors that leftists still consider to be lewd, indecent, or obscene? It would seem they've so inverted morality that they find only the good/traditional to be repugnant.

I’ve noticed even on Fanlax that the FLP have no limit on what they consider lewd. Want to host a drag show for 2nd graders? No prob. Bring kids to pride parades where performers simulate anal sex and ask over bullhorns if anyibe “has extra lube@?

White liberals are 50 percent more likely to have been diagnosed with mental illness in their lifetimes. This is settled science. White liberals run the democrat party. Hispanics are running away ASAP from the neurotic white liberals. Nobody normal likes hanging around with or having a beer with white liberals. They suck you into their miserable fantasy world and make life difficult. 57 genders…. Sigh.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

... this from a guy that has his lips firmly attached to the butt of Ron DeSantis who is licking Trump's ass, right in the groove. A republiCON three way. :lol: :lol: So sensitive to a gay pride parade. Rich, really rich. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:10 pm

... this from a guy that has his lips firmly attached to the butt of Ron DeSantis who is licking Trump's ass, right in the groove. A republiCON three way. :lol: :lol: So sensitive to a gay pride parade. Rich, really rich. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do find it offensive, not because it’s gay but because it’s lewd. I found Jersey Shore offensive for the same reasons, just lewd and vulgar displays by people with no concern for kids.

I take it you think simulated anal sex on a public street in a public parade in front of children is cool?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So the question is... Does PB hate gays more than Dr Wizard hates Catholics? The world may never know.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:39 pm

I do find it offensive, not because it’s gay but because it’s lewd. I found Jersey Shore offensive for the same reasons, just lewd and vulgar displays by people with no concern for kids.

I take it you think simulated anal sex on a public street in a public parade in front of children is cool?
If John Valby is paying attention to any of this he has unlimited material for some new songs. You want to talk about vulgar. I think he could easily outdo the Eat Bite song.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:40 pm

So the question is... Does PB hate gays more than Dr Wizard hates Catholics? The world may never know.
... don't hate Catholics, find their behavior pathetic.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... You are not required to attend such events with your children, so don't. You could move to someplace where it is illegal. If you live somewhere that it is illegal, talk to law enforcement. In my opinion you are pi**ing into the wind. The world has infinitely larger problems. Lewdness is not one of them.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:52 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:40 pm

... don't hate Catholics, find their behavior pathetic.
Is that the behavior of all Catholics or just a chosen few?? I use to consider myself a devoted Catholic. My frustration crosses over to all organized religions. I do know alot of Catholics who take their faith very seriously and are good and honest people. I respect anyone's faith until they begin the lecture that their religion is better than anyone else's.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:02 pm

... You are not required to attend such events with your children, so don't. You could move to someplace where it is illegal. If you live somewhere that it is illegal, talk to law enforcement. In my opinion you are pi**ing into the wind. The world has infinitely larger problems. Lewdness is not one of them.

I’m not required to watch a ton of things, but I can have opinions on them. Murder seems immoral, for instance.

And people promoting these disgusting pride parades (not all of the parades, just the parts which are truly indefensible) should be called out.

You’ll never catch a Democrat saying their squad has taken things too far here. I find that depressing if not revealing.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:48 pm

I’m not required to watch a ton of things, but I can have opinions on them. Murder seems immoral, for instance.

And people promoting these disgusting pride parades (not all of the parades, just the parts which are truly indefensible) should be called out.

You’ll never catch a Democrat saying their squad has taken things too far here. I find that depressing if not revealing.
... democrats don't control the LGBTQ+ movement. Democrats don't march in the lock step republiCONs do. You are of course free to speak and call out, as am I. What democrats are doing is trying to ensure that the LGBTQ+ community, their human rights and rights as citizens are respected.

I suspect your problem is addressed by your local obscenity laws or is your problem just a strawman. You are objecting to the way people live somewhere else in the country / world that has no effect on you.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:34 pm

... democrats don't control the LGBTQ+ movement. Democrats don't march in the lock step republiCONs do. You are of course free to speak and call out, as am I. What democrats are doing is trying to ensure that the LGBTQ+ community, their human rights and rights as citizens are respected.

I suspect your problem is addressed by your local obscenity laws or is your problem just a strawman. You are objecting to the way people live somewhere else in the country / world that has no effect on you.

Respecting one’s ‘rights’ as a citizen and human is universally accepted.

Endorsing the act of simulated anal and oral sex in a public parade is quite another. Drag queen dances and story time at public schools and libraries for really young kids seems a tad much, no?

Are you okay with the excesses of some of these recent pride parades? The drag Queen story hours at schools and libraries?

There seems to be an urge to flout common decency. I’m not sure what’s going on, who is behind this, but it’s certainly not malicious to object to the depravity we are seeing. Not a thing to do with being gay; everything to do with a breakdown in acceptable norms.

And presuming you’re okay with all of the above (many instances happening all over the country btw), could you tell us where your line is? What would be a step too far for you? What expression of lewdness in what circumstance would cause you to publicly object? Is there a line for you?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:56 pm

... bullsh*t. DeSantis sure doesn't respect their human rights -- using them as a punching bag for politics :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:38 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:56 pm

... bullsh*t. DeSantis sure doesn't respect their human rights -- using them as a punching bag for politics :roll:

I’m trying to stay away from this website, but when I see palpably idiotic posts like the above, I feel the need to reply.

Desantis like any normal human being doesn’t view individuals as belonging to any group or class of people. He doesn’t segregate gay people from straight people. He simply views people as individuals who all receive the same rights and responsibilities. This is how normal people view life. We don’t spend all day trying to isolate individuals into groups, erasing that individuals ambition and purpose.

Desantis is obviously correct. It’s simply another reason why Florida is going to re-elect him by a historic margin of close to 20%.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Petey, you are doing a miserable job of "staying away".

The notion that DeSantis isn't purposely dividing and inflaming his electorate is ridiculous. He fans the flames of outrage, anger and resentment, already present in his hard core base, at every possible turn.

But yeah, I'd predict too that he's going to win going away in this cycle in this state. So, so many yahoos here.

My wife and I were traveling across the state from Stuart to Tampa the other day, a whole lot of flat area, lots and lots of cows and some evidence of big agribusiness, plus some tin shacks and trailers clustered together. We stopped at a Pilot for a break. As we were walking out, my wife said, "let's get out of here" in a stressed tone, hustling me up...and she doesn't get that way easily...I hadn't experienced anything particularly abnormal, but apparently she had in the bathroom...a woman in the next stall had let out a small shriek and my wife had asked whether she was ok. the woman said she'd recently gained a lot of weight and had lost her balance. She then started talking, rambling about how the world was coming to an end on July 9, that the currency was going to collapse that day, and that it was all Biden's fault..."that d-mn Biden"...and she needed to lose weight...

Most aren't as extreme nutcases as this gal, but hoo boy, just walk through the local flea market...gun shops, flag shops, smoke shops, and lots of Trump stickers...and then try visiting the Villages..or most any other midscale 55+ 'retirement' area...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:50 am Petey, you are doing a miserable job of "staying away".

The notion that DeSantis isn't purposely dividing and inflaming his electorate is ridiculous. He fans the flames of outrage, anger and resentment, already present in his hard core base, at every possible turn.

But yeah, I'd predict too that he's going to win going away in this cycle in this state. So, so many yahoos here.

My wife and I were traveling across the state from Stuart to Tampa the other day, a whole lot of flat area, lots and lots of cows and some evidence of big agribusiness, plus some tin shacks and trailers clustered together. We stopped at a Pilot for a break. As we were walking out, my wife said, "let's get out of here" in a stressed tone, hustling me up...and she doesn't get that way easily...I hadn't experienced anything particularly abnormal, but apparently she had in the bathroom...a woman in the next stall had let out a small shriek and my wife had asked whether she was ok. the woman said she'd recently gained a lot of weight and had lost her balance. She then started talking, rambling about how the world was coming to an end on July 9, that the currency was going to collapse that day, and that it was all Biden's fault..."that d-mn Biden"...and she needed to lose weight...

Most aren't as extreme nutcases as this gal, but hoo boy, just walk through the local flea market...gun shops, flag shops, smoke shops, and lots of Trump stickers...and then try visiting the Villages..or most any other midscale 55+ 'retirement' area...
That must be why I stay away from Florida. I do enjoy Key West even though Ron supports those hedonistic gay events at Mallory Pier. That lady on her bike selling those Brownies was a big hit for me. No, they were not Dmac approved brownies. FTR to all of you Florida folks, palm trees are the ugliest trees on the planet.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:50 am Petey, you are doing a miserable job of "staying away".

Like I said, I’m trying to stay away but posters like yourself keep posting nonsense. Take the above for example.

Firstly, Pilots are mostly for truckers and hookers. I can’t blame you for not knowing this since you’re a country club fellow, but my advice to you would be to not stop at a Pilot. You’ll enjoy your time far more at a Buc-eees or Wawa.

Secondly, you were driving mostly through big ag. Big ag and small ag despise Biden and Democrats, for good reason. Don’t blame folks whose livelihoods are being wrecked by Democratic policies for not slavishly bowing down to the guy.

Finally, this woman sounds like she was having a meth reaction. If you were as kind as you claim, you should have helped her, not blasted her on a public website. Maybe pay for her gasoline next time?

Return to “POLITICS”