Facegram & Instabook

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Facegram & Instabook

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:22 pm The dude is a hero. In the last 24 hours alone, he’s managed to make millions of liberals go bananas as he has tweeted out his disgust for Twitter suspending the NY Post
:lol: They didn't run that story for a reason, Petey.

And it' was the SAME reason that got WaPo sued by the Covington Catholic kid. Remember your team whining about "ready, shoot, aim" journalism?

You get that, right? Twitter did what you ASKED them to do: Check the F'ing story before running it.

NYPost runs a story weeks before the election claiming to be excerpts from Hunter Biden's laptop. How'd they get it? Oh, well Rudy Giuliani gave it to them. What's that you say? How did Giuliani get it? Oh, well that's easy....the owner of a computer repair shop gave it to him. Did you get that right? The owner of a computer repair shop GAVE Giuliani the laptop. Why did he give Giuliani, of all people, a laptop that doesn't belong to him? Nothing to see here, right?

:lol: Oh yeah. Sounds like a iron clad source. Why would ANYONE possibly want to check on that clown car of a story before just blindly running the story? This sort of thing happens all the time, right? And boy, what a "coincidence" that Giuliani gave copies to the Post three weeks before the election.

-do we know if it's really Hunter's laptop? Who cares, right? Run the story
-do we know if Giuliani altered it? Or gave out of context pieces to the Post? Who cares, right?
-do we know if the NYPost did the same....left out context, altered the document, gave commentary that are just guesses?

So which is it today, Pete? Do you want Media to check things out before running it, having learned the lesson of Covington Catholic?

Or.....do you want folks to run unverified stories simply because someone else ran it?

Pick one. I'm happy either way. But man, you can't make it five minutes without contradicting yourself.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:22 pm The dude is a hero. In the last 24 hours alone, he’s managed to make millions of liberals go bananas as he has tweeted out his disgust for Twitter suspending the NY Post
:lol: They didn't run that story for a reason, Petey.

And it' was the SAME reason that got WaPo sued by the Covington Catholic kid. Remember your team whining about "ready, shoot, aim" journalism?

You get that, right? Twitter did what you ASKED them to do: Check the F'ing story before running it.

NYPost runs a story weeks before the election claiming to be excerpts from Hunter Biden's laptop. How'd they get it? Oh, well Rudy Giuliani gave it to them. What's that you say? How did Giuliani get it? Oh, well that's easy....the owner of a computer repair shop gave it to him. Did you get that right? The owner of a computer repair shop GAVE Giuliani the laptop. Why did he give Giuliani, of all people, a laptop that doesn't belong to him? Nothing to see here, right?

:lol: Oh yeah. Sounds like a iron clad source. Why would ANYONE possibly want to check on that clown car of a story before just blindly running the story? This sort of thing happens all the time, right? And boy, what a "coincidence" that Giuliani gave copies to the Post three weeks before the election.

-do we know if it's really Hunter's laptop? Who cares, right? Run the story
-do we know if Giuliani altered it? Or gave out of context pieces to the Post? Who cares, right?
-do we know if the NYPost did the same....left out context, altered the document, gave commentary that are just guesses?

So which is it today, Pete? Do you want Media to check things out before running it, having learned the lesson of Covington Catholic?

Or.....do you want folks to run unverified stories simply because someone else ran it?

Pick one. I'm happy either way. But man, you can't make it five minutes without contradicting yourself.

:lol: :lol:

Twitter didn’t run the NYPost Hunter story because ‘they didn’t want to get sued?!? Ayfkm!! :lol: :lol:

C’mon a fan, it can’t be that difficult to simply admit a bunch of lunatic libs have massaged news feeds on Twitter forever to promote Dens and hurt R’s….heck, we all know it. C’mon, just spit it out, even though it might make you regret saying otherwise the past five years.

Twitter still platforms both the President and head Ayatollah of Iran, both of whom call for the extermination of Jews and Israel. Do you really think a couple Oberlin poetry majors in twitters safety department were worried about platforming a solidly researched article on Hunter?!? :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:13 pm Twitter didn’t run the NYPost Hunter story because ‘they didn’t want to get sued?!? Ayfkm!! :lol: :lol:
Facepalm. No, Pete. It has NOTHING to do with lawsuits.

You have to pick one, and we all know you don't want to. You have two choices.

1. Run ANY story that shows up at your doorstep....that's the Covington Catholic story
2. Hold off on stories that sound f'ing insane. The Laptop story was F'ing bananas.

Pick one, Pete. You don't get to avoid this choice. Of course, you're not going to do this, because you want to tell the libs theyre doing it wrong when they go to the presses without doing more work (Covington Catholic), and yell at them if they slow their roll (Hunter's stupid laptop story).

You don't get it both ways, my man. You have to praise one, and condemn the other.

But in the end? Twitter can do whatever it wants. I find it to be a national embarrassment that you and your toddler buddies seem to think that they should be getting their news from freaking twitter. And if twitter doesn't do what you want? OH, they're bad.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Musk is a hero. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is a relatively bright guy that is all about the acquisition of power and fame.

Go buy a Tesla climate denier. Make sure it floats KellyAnne.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:23 am Musk is a hero. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is a relatively bright guy that is all about the acquisition of power and fame.

Funny how only the most ridiculous people are a WarmTard anymore. Just like I was the only one who out-scienced the CDC by noticing the health related national security threats of 1)the border being flooded by unvaccinated hordes and 2) Biden suffering advanced levels of cognitive decline….. as a scientist I’ve also noticed that all the dire predictions of the WarmTards have not occurred. I always notice stuff like .. the Obamas and their WarmTard buddies buying beach front property and flying around in private jets…. WarmTard researchers getting ships stuck in ice… the canal levels at my beach house (sea level) unchanged for decades. Total Hoax. Now of course I always thought Nuclear dangers and Pandemic issues were the real threat and not WarmTard delusions and I am vindicated as the public doesn’t see WarmTard nonsense as a issue of any consequence.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:41 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:23 am Musk is a hero. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny how only the most ridiculous people are a WarmTard anymore. Just like I was the only one who out-scienced the CDC by noticing the health related national security threats of 1)the border being flooded by unvaccinated hordes and 2) Biden suffering advanced levels of cognitive decline….. as a scientist I’ve also noticed that all the dire predictions of the WarmTards have not occurred. I always notice stuff like .. the Obamas and their WarmTard buddies buying beach front property and flying around in private jets…. WarmTard researchers getting ships stuck in ice… the canal levels at my beach house (sea level) unchanged for decades. Total Hoax. Now of course I always thought Nuclear dangers and Pandemic issues were the real threat and not WarmTard delusions and I am vindicated as the public doesn’t see WarmTard nonsense as a issue of any consequence.
... you are a scientist - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The shallow end of the gene pool apparently needs to be cleaned out again.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:17 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:13 pm Twitter didn’t run the NYPost Hunter story because ‘they didn’t want to get sued?!? Ayfkm!! :lol: :lol:

1. Run ANY story that shows up at your doorstep....that's the Covington Catholic story
2. Hold off on stories that sound f'ing insane. The Laptop story was F'ing bananas.

Pick one, Pete. You don't get to avoid this choice. Of course, you're not going to do this, because you want to tell the libs theyre doing it wrong when they go to the presses without doing more work (Covington Catholic), and yell at them if they slow their roll (Hunter's stupid laptop story).

You don't get it both ways, my man. You have to praise one, and condemn the other.

But in the end? Twitter can do whatever it wants. I find it to be a national embarrassment that you and your toddler buddies seem to think that they should be getting their news from freaking twitter. And if twitter doesn't do what you want? OH, they're bad.

Uhhhh, I think you’re confusing a platform for a publisher. Twitter wasn’t the one sued for CNN/ABC/CBS etc reframing a video. Twitter let it rip with the Covington video (it’s still there!), as they should. They’re simply a platform for folks, partisan and non partisan.

However, Twitter proceeded to not only suppress the Hunter laptop story (“bananas”? You obviously haven’t kept up with Hunter…the laptop was tame relative to his exploits!), then they suspended the NYPost account and banned anyone who reposted the story.

That sounds like a blatant thumb on the information scale, no longer an agnostic platform but now a publisher.

Why do you constantly get such simple concepts so incorrect? Are you that desperate to excuse the Left? It’s cool if you are; it’s that you’re going to keep looking like you don’t grasp what’s plainly obvious to anyone else.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Trump the genius 5d chess played the media and establishment into losing the power they once had by

1) getting caught lying and losing news authority
2) censoring news and forcing half the country into their own worlds of alternative (more factually correct) news sources.
3) cheating themselves into a woodchipper of horrible economic and warfare events and getting all the blame.

Trump looks Golden!! And to rub it in.. he made a hole in one last week!!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:40 am

Uhhhh, I think you’re confusing a platform for a publisher. Twitter wasn’t the one sued for CNN/ABC/CBS etc reframing a video. Twitter let it rip with the Covington video (it’s still there!), as they should. They’re simply a platform for folks, partisan and non partisan.

However, Twitter proceeded to not only suppress the Hunter laptop story (“bananas”? You obviously haven’t kept up with Hunter…the laptop was tame relative to his exploits!), then they suspended the NYPost account and banned anyone who reposted the story.

That sounds like a blatant thumb on the information scale, no longer an agnostic platform but now a publisher.

Why do you constantly get such simple concepts so incorrect? Are you that desperate to excuse the Left? It’s cool if you are; it’s that you’re going to keep looking like you don’t grasp what’s plainly obvious to anyone else.
Ahhh, now you're getting close. The "platforms" are not mere pipes, they actually select stories to push through to specific users based on the platform's economic interests in getting many eyeballs...advertising. They profit off this activity, so are subject to potential US legislation to make them liable for this activity, when the information they select to push, and push hardest, is actually damaging. They are very concerned with losing Section 230 protection. Moreover, their participation in the EU is dependent upon this, else they'll face massive fines.

They also have gotten feedback from their users that they don't want information pushed to them filled with bigoted or harassing information, so they have (in their own private interest to maintain viewership) created rules of the road and processes to review violations.

Is any of this different than the pressures publishers feel? Only slightly, as the publishers already don't have Section 230 protections, so they have direct liability when they get something egregiously wrong. But the platforms already have this problem in the EU and they expect to have it in the US at some point, at least if they don't self-police effectively.

A fan is calling you out for expecting publishers to be more careful, but not the platforms. Both are private situations facing very real economic pressures, and are making private decisions.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:46 am

Ahhh, now you're getting close. The "platforms" are not mere pipes, they actually select stories to push through to specific users based on the platform's economic interests in getting many eyeballs...advertising. They profit off this activity, so are subject to potential US legislation to make them liable for this activity, when the information they select to push, and push hardest, is actually damaging. They are very concerned with losing Section 230 protection. Moreover, their participation in the EU is dependent upon this, else they'll face massive fines.

They also have gotten feedback from their users that they don't want information pushed to them filled with bigoted or harassing information, so they have (in their own private interest to maintain viewership) created rules of the road and processes to review violations.

Is any of this different than the pressures publishers feel? Only slightly, as the publishers already don't have Section 230 protections, so they have direct liability when they get something egregiously wrong. But the platforms already have this problem in the EU and they expect to have it in the US at some point, at least if they don't self-police effectively.

A fan is calling you out for expecting publishers to be more careful, but not the platforms. Both are private situations facing very real economic pressures, and are making private decisions.

It’s hard to be ‘called out’ by folks who don’t understand the basic differences between a platform and a publisher. That includes, sadly, you.

A platform ceases to be a platform when it engages in transparently biased disinformation, as Twitter diid by suppressing the NYPost article on Hunter (a WELL-RESEARCHED investigative piece), as well as further banning thousands of accounts (nearly 100% conservative) which reposted it. It became a publisher when it allowed the woke lunatics in their ‘safety’ team to begin purposely banning, both literally and by shadow, conservative accounts.

This isn’t breaking news to anyone who uses Twitter.

You guys try desperately to paint these efforts as business-agnostic decisions. That tells me you are woefully unaware of the nature of what has occurred.

Twitters board was so frightened by what these woke loons would do after the Musk acquisition announcement, they forced a software lockdown on the platform until deal closing. That means no one can maliciously create havoc. Which begs the question: could they do that before? Yes.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:46 am

It’s hard to be ‘called out’ by folks who don’t understand the basic differences between a platform and a publisher. That includes, sadly, you.

A platform ceases to be a platform when it engages in transparently biased disinformation, as Twitter diid by suppressing the NYPost article on Hunter (a WELL-RESEARCHED investigative piece), as well as further banning thousands of accounts (nearly 100% conservative) which reposted it. It became a publisher when it allowed the woke lunatics in their ‘safety’ team to begin purposely banning both literally and by shadow conservative accounts.

You guys try desperately to paint these efforts as business-agnostic decisions. That tells me you are woefully unaware of the nature of what has occurred.

Twitters board was so frightened by what these woke loons would do after the Musk acquisition announcement, they forced a software lockdown on the platform until deal closing. That means no one can maliciously create havoc. Which begs the question: they could do that before? Yes.
I'm quite sure that my comprehension of the digital technology world and its legal and business complications, is vastly superior to yours, Petey. I've been active as an investor, consultant and owner/manager in this arena for more than 20 years. And I've been explaining this area, and its algorithm technology, on LaxPower and now FanLax for over a decade.

Yes, the "platforms" initially were thought to be simply 'pipes' to users. And they had protections akin to such 'pipes, section 230, that 'publishers' don't have. They purported to have no journalistic requirements, simply an enabler of others to share their content.

But that understanding has vastly changed as the industry of such 'platforms' has evolved, and the public (and government's) knowledge of how the companies act to select, algorithmically, the very most offensive, and often untrue, content for ever increasing promotion to users. All for ad dollars.

Our understanding, and indeed, thanks to whistle blowers we know that the companies themselves understand and indeed understood for years, that they do serious damage through such dissemination. And as they understood, they grappled with the concern that absent self-regulation, they would face government response. They've taken stumbling steps toward self-regulation...as slowly as they thought they could get away with doing...meanwhile, yes, their employees were increasingly calling out their own companies for the damage they could see their companies' doing.

The EU is taking one approach, and it's going to get very expensive for these 'platform' companies to not adequately self-regulate. The US is likely to repeal Section 230 if our legislators come to the conclusion that the 'platforms' are not adequately self-regulating.

You want to make this into a conservative/liberal partisan issue, but the reality is that unless you are advocating that there should be NO liability for damage done, for pollution for instance, as your 'conservative' construct, there's only the question of why does Section 230 exist anymore. Yes, the content creator is responsible, but so too is the platform that spreads the content, knowing that it is damaging.

We would agree for instance that a chemical company that produces waste and puts it into barrels for disposal that end up in the river should be responsible for that pollution, but so too is the trucker who transports the barrels and then dumps them into the river. Should the truckers be immune from liability if they are spreading the waste?

But here we have an even worse situation where the 'trucker' is able to greatly increase the scale and damage of the damaging 'pollution'. Instead of a few thousand lives being impacted by false, pollutive content, it goes to millions.

And the platforms have become enormously rich through this pollution.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:40 am Uhhhh, I think you’re confusing a platform for a publisher. Twitter wasn’t the one sued for CNN/ABC/CBS etc reframing a video. Twitter let it rip with the Covington video (it’s still there!), as they should. They’re simply a platform for folks, partisan and non partisan.
:lol: So now I have to explain to you what twitter is? Magnificent.

Pete-----twitter isn't a platform. Twitter is an ADVERTISER. That's it. That's what they do. The users are the product, Petey.

And let me guess: you don't know that like, well, pretty much everything on the internet....twitter filters what you see. It's ALREADY BIASED, right out of the gate.

But sure, if you're REALLY dumb enough to think that twitter is about free speech :lol: :lol: Knock yourself out.

They can---and will continue to----do WHATEVER they like. So if they don't want to cooperate in Giuliani's October Surprise (a game as old as America), they don't have to do that.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:40 am That sounds like a blatant thumb on the information scale, no longer an agnostic platform but now a publisher.

Why do you constantly get such simple concepts so incorrect?
Says the guy pretending he's so f*cking stupid, that he thinks twitter is an agnostic platform.

And under Musk? Twitter will continue to filter what you see....because it's a business, not a hippie commune. And they will continue to delete posts, and ban users.

And I know you know this, because you refuse to take a simple $1K wager on it.

Your understanding of how the world works is simply spectacular, Pete. Keep it up.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:18 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:40 am Uhhhh, I think you’re confusing a platform for a publisher. Twitter wasn’t the one sued for CNN/ABC/CBS etc reframing a video. Twitter let it rip with the Covington video (it’s still there!), as they should. They’re simply a platform for folks, partisan and non partisan.

Pete-----twitter isn't a platform. Twitter is an ADVERTISER. That's it. That's what they do. The users are the product, Petey.

And let me guess: you don't know that like, well, pretty much everything on the internet....twitter filters what you see. It's ALREADY BIASED, right out of the gate.

But sure, if you're REALLY dumb enough to think that twitter is about free speech :lol: :lol: Knock yourself out.

They can---and will continue to----do WHATEVER they like. So if they don't want to cooperate in Giuliani's October Surprise (a game as old as America), they don't have to do that.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:40 am That sounds like a blatant thumb on the information scale, no longer an agnostic platform but now a publisher.

Says the guy pretending he's so f*cking stupid, that he thinks twitter is an agnostic platform.

And under Musk? Twitter will continue to filter what you see....because it's a business, not a hippie commune. And they will continue to delete posts, and ban users.

Your understanding of how the world works is simply spectacular, Pete. Keep it up.

Why is liberal Twitter in such an uproar?

Also, feel free to watch this if you have a sense of humor:

https://twitter.com/the_kyle_mann/statu ... kDVW2sk4uw

If you don’t have a sense of humor and want to know what Musk’s takeover means for free speech and censorship (this is a sober discussion which puts a fans desired narrative to rest), watch this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QgdCrW27kNc
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:06 pm Why is liberal Twitter in such an uproar?
I don't care. FoxNation does, because this is what you'd all rather spend your time doing----"sticking it to the libs", instead of putting together conservative policies, and voting them into law. How are those borders and our immigrations system Pete? How about spending? Was that down or up under your POTUS? How about regulations? DeSantis get rid of any?

You don't care, because you like shiny, shiny objects, Pete.

So yep, one of the richest liberals in the world owns Twitter. And you think that he'll turn the filters off that feed you to advertisers. :lol:

Enjoy your filtered world, Petey. Keep reading what twitter tells you to read, bud.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:06 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:18 am

Why is liberal Twitter in such an uproar?

Also, feel free to watch this if you have a sense of humor:

https://twitter.com/the_kyle_mann/statu ... kDVW2sk4uw

If you don’t have a sense of humor and want to know what Musk’s takeover means for free speech and censorship (this is a sober discussion which puts a fans desired narrative to rest), watch this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QgdCrW27kNc
A BERLIN WALL MOMENT
:lol: :lol: :lol:

.... is this going to be as big as Remdesivir?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:27 pm
A BERLIN WALL MOMENT

It really is spectacular, isn't it? And 99% of FoxNation has NO CLUE that what they see on the internet is filtered. All of it. That the businesses that they are using show them what THEY want them to see.

But sure (snicker) twitter is the uncensored, unfiltered town square for ideas. Whatever floats your boat, bud.

What's that poker saying.....if you can't tell who the sucker is at the table? You're the sucker.

Pete thinks Elon is his buddie. Isn't that cute?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:36 pm
A BERLIN WALL MOMENT

It really is spectacular, isn't it? And 99% of FoxNation has NO CLUE that what they see on the internet is filtered. All of it. That the businesses that they are using show them what THEY want them to see.

But sure (snicker) twitter is the uncensored, unfiltered town square for ideas. Whatever floats your boat, bud.

What's that poker saying.....if you can't tell who the sucker is at the table? You're the sucker.

... it's hard to believe anyone can be this naive. Heh, but Musk is the savior... :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:01 pm
A BERLIN WALL MOMENT

... it's hard to believe anyone can be this naive. Heh, but Musk is the savior... :lol: :lol:
Trump and Musk are the voices for the Americans left behind.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:17 pm
A BERLIN WALL MOMENT

Ah yes, no one understands what's it's like to have unpaid bills after the first of the month than Trump & Musk.....both born into poverty.

You know who will never understand what it's like to pay bills? AOC, with her Billion dollar bartending job.

Yep, that all squares: Trump&Musk understand the working man, and AOC just doesn't get it. Tell the others.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:17 pm
A BERLIN WALL MOMENT

Ah yes, no one understands what's it's like to have unpaid bills after the first of the month than Trump & Musk.....both born into poverty.

You know who will never understand what it's like to pay bills? AOC, with her Billion dollar bartending job.

Yep, that all squares: Trump&Musk understand the working man, and AOC just doesn't get it. Tell the others.
Actually Trump does.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”