Facegram & Instabook

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Facegram & Instabook

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:27 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:04 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:03 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:48 pm And today, ‘educated’ libs are angry that free speech might make it back to Twitter.
Alright, I'm ready for the wager now that it looks like Musk will get twitter.

$1000 says that twitter will continue to delete posts, suspend, and remove accounts, Petey. Musk already told the mental midgets that he'd continue to delete and suspend just last week....but you don't believe, so....

Just like twitter did before. Same game, different owner.

You game? Or.......are you ready to admit you're full of sh*t, as usual?
Did you miss the posts where I said posts of a harassment or threat nature would continue to be deleted, or do you just like talking with yourself?
A. that's still censorship, my man. And guess what? It's a judgement call......the very thing you've been complaining about, Pete.

B. you don't really think that that is ALL that will be deleted?

C. you do realize that the Babylon Bee post on Man of the Year fits the harassment definition...."You may not use hateful images or symbols in your profile image or profile header. You also may not use your username, display name, or profile bio to engage in abusive behavior, such as targeted harassment or expressing hate towards a person, group, or protected category. "

Yeah, gee, I’d hate it if comedians started taking the pi$$ out of the *oppressed* like an HHS Secretary or Time Magazine!!! :lol: :lol:

Ummm also, you can then call me a censorship harpy because I’m cool with banning accounts that constantly push threats or harassment. Dang. You got me!! Threats now equal political disagreements for banning accounts!!! :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:40 pm Yeah, gee, I’d hate it if comedians started taking the pi$$ out of the *oppressed* like an HHS Secretary or Time Magazine!!! :lol: :lol:
So you'd be fine with posts mocking the race of Congressmen, Pete? Or their religion? They're powerful after all, so what's the harm?

Watching you try and use logic is a treat, I'll give you that.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:40 pm Yeah, gee, I’d hate it if comedians started taking the pi$$ out of the *oppressed* like an HHS Secretary or Time Magazine!!! :lol: :lol:
So you'd be fine with posts mocking the race of Congressmen, Pete? Or their religion? They're powerful after all, so what's the harm?

It all depends. Comedy isn’t so easily boxed as apparently you like. Chris Rock makes fun of blacks on occasion. He makes fun of whites. I laugh at all of it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:03 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:50 pm

It all depends. Comedy isn’t so easily boxed as apparently you like. Chris Rock makes fun of blacks on occasion. He makes fun of whites. I laugh at all of it.
:lol: Yes. Speaking truth to power. THAT is the part you got right. Don't punch down.

Babylon Bee hitting Levine for her sexual identity is punching down, and you know it. Hitting her for what she does? Totally fair game. In the end, it's sad that Babylon couldn't find a single thing to mock her for......so they had to result to hitting her sexuality.

Next time? Babylon should put in the work, and find a funny joke that hits Levine for things like policy. There's plenty of material to mine there, isn't there? Surely YOU would agree with that, would you not?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Debt Service Coverage and Twitter.

Just dawned on me that the bridge loans may PIK and this would reduce required debt service. Didn’t re estimate coverage. Maybe later.

Edit: might be 0.69. With some improvement, could get to over 1.0x if EBITDA gets to $750 million or so. Depends on rate of margin loan. I assumed 3.0%. Those bridge loans must be PIK.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Found this on Twitter:

“Musk is taking on $25 billion in debt financing to acquire Twitter, at an avg interest rate of between 4.5-5%. That means Twitter's going to have to pay $1.15-$1.3 billion a year in interest alone, which is more than it made before interest and taxes last year.”
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:27 pm Found this on Twitter:

“Musk is taking on $25 billion in debt financing to acquire Twitter, at an avg interest rate of between 4.5-5%. That means Twitter's going to have to pay $1.15-$1.3 billion a year in interest alone, which is more than it made before interest and taxes last year.”
I initially estimated $1.3 billion but then thought $6b of bridge loans may be PIK instead of current pay. Either way, needs some meaningful cash flow lift.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:34 pm

I initially estimated $1.3 billion but then thought $6b of bridge loans may be PIK instead of current pay. Either way, needs some meaningful cash flow lift.
That sounds right, otherwise he'll need to keep dipping in his own pocket...but, of course, he does have deep pockets.

Here's an uhh ohhh...https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/ ... 150750117d
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:55 pm

That sounds right, otherwise he'll need to keep dipping in his own pocket...but, of course, he does have deep pockets.

Honest question, are you rooting for Twitter to fail now that Musk owns as much of it as he does?

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:14 pm

Honest question, are you rooting for Twitter to fail now that Musk owns as much of it as he does?

Joe
I am.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Joe
... I am rooting for Twitter to fail because it is anti-social garbage, just as it has been since its founding, as is Facebook, etc. Musk isn't going to change anything other than it amasses more power for him personally. This too shall pass. The good news is, Musk will likely give Trump back his forum. Will help remind people why they vote for democrats. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:01 pm

Joe
... I am rooting for Twitter to fail because it is anti-social garbage, just as it has been since its founding, as is Facebook, etc. Musk isn't going to change anything other than it amasses more power for him personally. This too shall pass.
+1.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:37 am $12B margined against $62B Tesla Stock
$6.5B seven year T/L secured by Tesla Stock SOFR + 475
$3B 1 year secured bridge SORF + 675
$3B 1 year unsecured bridge SOFR + 1000
$.5B 5 year Revolver SOFR + 475

$21B Cash

$.5B in EBITDA.

You could argue Musk has $33B of “equity” in deal. Won’t have much visibility into how successful the acquisition is until it trades again.
SOFR is basically compounded daily. More like a repo market, all backward looking lenders hate it. There is also no credit component to SOFR. Looks smart.
Typical Lax Dad

lagerhead wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:37 am $12B margined against $62B Tesla Stock

$21B Cash

$.5B in EBITDA.

You could argue Musk has $33B of “equity” in deal. Won’t have much visibility into how successful the acquisition is until it trades again.
SOFR is basically compounded daily. More like a repo market, all backward looking lenders hate it. There is also no credit component to SOFR. Looks smart.
I just looked at one month SOFR just to get an estimate. What would you estimate the debt service to be?
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:24 pm
lagerhead wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:16 pm

$21B Cash

$.5B in EBITDA.

I just looked at one month SOFR just to get an estimate. What would you estimate
the debt service to be?
Sorry there should be a comma between backward looking and lenders
3 month is a better gauge, but as it’s a new Risk Free Rate for lending, debt service is really hard to model. Look at the term structure data CME is putting out that takes into account length of loan and potential credit structure, but issuers can’t hedge properly. With no fix for float payment structure issuers will price in risk. The curve on the 30 yr is a little troubling.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Joe
Not at all; I'm rooting for Section 230 liability protections to be removed for large social media platforms. I think social media, including Twitter, can succeed just fine with that legal construct, but they'll need to take far more responsibility for assuring that the content they enable to spread rapidly does not do damage. The EU is going to take a different approach, but with much the same effect...exacting major fines, huge fines, if a social media company does not take on this responsibility. Twitter will need to follow those rules...I don't see any reason why they can't be successful in doing so.

To be clear, without such regulatory reform, social media companies are financially incented to not care about the damage they do. I quite understand wanting them all to "fail" given that construct...which is why I want the incentives to be changed.

As to Elon's wealth, though, I'm ok if he personally "loses" some billions on this deal...I suspect he won't, but who knows...I'm a big fan of what he's done with Tesla, less so the space stuff, but it does worry me what a single extraordinarily wealthy, brilliant, potentially egomaniacally driven person, with no other checks, no public reporting requirements, etc, could do with personal information that may well not be to the public benefit.

So, I'm in favor of strong regulation of these areas. And removal of automatic liability protections.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:55 am

Joe
Not at all; I'm rooting for Section 230 liability protections to be removed for large social media platforms. I think social media, including Twitter, can succeed just fine with that legal construct, but they'll need to take far more responsibility for assuring that the content they enable to spread rapidly does not do damage. The EU is going to take a different approach, but with much the same effect...exacting major fines, huge fines, if a social media company does not take on this responsibility. Twitter will need to follow those rules...I don't see any reason why they can't be successful in doing so.

To be clear, without such regulatory reform, social media companies are financially incented to not care about the damage they do. I quite understand wanting them all to "fail" given that construct...which is why I want the incentives to be changed.

As to Elon's wealth, though, I'm ok if he personally "loses" some billions on this deal...I suspect he won't, but who knows...I'm a big fan of what he's done with Tesla, less so the space stuff, but it does worry me what a single extraordinarily wealthy, brilliant, potentially egomaniacally driven person, with no other checks, no public reporting requirements, etc, could do with personal information that may well not be to the public benefit.

So, I'm in favor of strong regulation of these areas. And removal of automatic liability protections.
Understood, thanks. Egomaniacally driven is definitely a mischaracterization of Elon. Maybe outspoken, I will give you that. Guy is far from an egomaniac. I think you seem to confuse the two a lot. Outspoken does not equal egomaniacal. :roll:

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:05 am

Joe

Understood, thanks. Egomaniacally driven is definitely a mischaracterization of Elon. Maybe outspoken, I will give you that. Guy is far from an egomaniac. I think you seem to confuse the two a lot. Outspoken does not equal egomaniacal. :roll:

Joe
If he is an egomaniac...he earned it. He's one of a few American entrepreneurs that actually built a better mousetrap. And a mousetrap that will be a large part of reducing pollution when/if we finally get off our duffs and get serious about nuclear power.

Took the electric car from something your grandma would drive, to THE high performance car on the road that everyone wants. And did it in just a few years. Amazing.
Last edited by a fan on Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:26 am

Joe

Joe
If he is an egomaniac...he earned it. He's one of a few American entrepreneurs that actually built a better mousetrap. And a mousetrap that will be a large part of reducing pollution when/if we finally get off our duffs and get serious about nuclear power.

Too, the electric car from something your grandma would drive, to THE high performance car on the road that everyone wants. And did it in just a few years. Amazing.
yes, one of the all-time great entrepreneurs!
Very definitely ego-driven as well as brilliant.

Joe, I'm not saying he's definitely egomaniacal, I'm simply saying that one individual with that kind of power and yes, ego-drive, could well be dangerous...all the more so if actually egomaniacal.

There's clearly a point at which tremendous power can indeed corrupt and certainly that's to be avoided; regulation is really the only tool in such case, given our capitalist, rule of law system.

Not sure who else you think I would call "egomaniacal". Have I used that term before? Maybe about Trump? Maybe Putin? Yeah, I'd call both of them an egomaniac.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:45 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:26 am

Joe

Joe

Too, the electric car from something your grandma would drive, to THE high performance car on the road that everyone wants. And did it in just a few years. Amazing.
yes, one of the all-time great entrepreneurs!
Very definitely ego-driven as well as brilliant.

Joe, I'm not saying he's definitely egomaniacal, I'm simply saying that one individual with that kind of power and yes, ego-drive, could well be dangerous...all the more so if actually egomaniacal.

There's clearly a point at which tremendous power can indeed corrupt and certainly that's to be avoided; regulation is really the only tool in such case, given our capitalist, rule of law system.

Not sure who else you think I would call "egomaniacal". Have I used that term before? Maybe about Trump? Maybe Putin? Yeah, I'd call both of them an egomaniac.

The dude is a hero. In the last 24 hours alone, he’s managed to make millions of liberals go bananas as he has tweeted out his disgust for Twitter suspending the NY Post as well as employing Jim Baker, ex FBI lawyer. It’s glorious. Musk is with the people not the lefty elites.

Return to “POLITICS”