January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:34 amMy mom cried her eyes out when Bobby was murdered. Teddy Kennedy was a whole different story. A low life degenerate drunken pig that caused the death of a young woman. Somehow in the world of the effed up democrat party he became the lion of the senate... GMAFB!!! :roll: I do wonder how a scumbag like Teddy would be looked at in the new democrat party. I'm guessing those waitress sammiches went out of style? To answer your question JFK is still my favorite democrat. He also had serious character flaws that most American never knew about. Jimmy Carter is my number 2. A decent and honorable man who was not up to being POTUS. I will surprise the hell out of you with this one, i admire Bill Clinton a ton as a gifted politician who understood how to get a deal done. His rotten, evil wife is a huge negative though. I admire BHO. He is another very talented politician. A silver tongued devil who always knew what to say, as long as TOTUS was by his side. He did struggle when having to express his own sentiments. I like our NY Senator Chuck Schumer quite a bit. He spoke at my youngest sons graduation from St John Fisher College. Nobody knew he would be speaking and Senator Schumer was a joy to listen to. I do not think he said anything of a political nature. I disagree with him on policy, but he is a very skilled politician and a decent man for a politician who leans way to the left.
i KNEW it! An FLP in a curmudgeon's clothes! All this time pretending to be someone's version of a moderate!! :lol: :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:05 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:34 amMy mom cried her eyes out when Bobby was murdered. Teddy Kennedy was a whole different story. A low life degenerate drunken pig that caused the death of a young woman. Somehow in the world of the effed up democrat party he became the lion of the senate... GMAFB!!! :roll: I do wonder how a scumbag like Teddy would be looked at in the new democrat party. I'm guessing those waitress sammiches went out of style? To answer your question JFK is still my favorite democrat. He also had serious character flaws that most American never knew about. Jimmy Carter is my number 2. A decent and honorable man who was not up to being POTUS. I will surprise the hell out of you with this one, i admire Bill Clinton a ton as a gifted politician who understood how to get a deal done. His rotten, evil wife is a huge negative though. I admire BHO. He is another very talented politician. A silver tongued devil who always knew what to say, as long as TOTUS was by his side. He did struggle when having to express his own sentiments. I like our NY Senator Chuck Schumer quite a bit. He spoke at my youngest sons graduation from St John Fisher College. Nobody knew he would be speaking and Senator Schumer was a joy to listen to. I do not think he said anything of a political nature. I disagree with him on policy, but he is a very skilled politician and a decent man for a politician who leans way to the left.
i KNEW it! An FLP in a curmudgeon's clothes! All this time pretending to be someone's version of a moderate!! :lol: :lol:

Isn’t the old saying that most conservatives are liberals who have been or feel like they’ve been victimized? That’s an old axiom my dad used to tell me a lot (a Republican who increasingly skewed left as he got into his late 50s and early 60s, think they financial crisis was the nail in the coffin for his conservative fiscal/monetary instincts)
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:43 am
dislaxxic wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:33 am umm, the "Conservatives and Liberals" thread, if you please?? Admin, could you move this discussion over there?

Fine with me; not sure how I drew this much fire.
I guess stepping between cradle and you was a mistake. ;)
Sometimes you have to let two dump trucks collide in the middle of the night and just keep on with your own self…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

You got me Dis, the cat is out of the bag. I tried so hard to keep the truth a secret. You can come clean and admit you were also a Reagan fan. ;) I do have more liberal in me than you will ever know. I'm just not sympathetic to the FLP movement. The folks that hijacked the party.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:38 pm

Isn’t the old saying that most conservatives are liberals who have been or feel like they’ve been victimized? That’s an old axiom my dad (a Republican who increasingly skewed left as he got into his late 50s and early 60s, think they financial crisis was the nail in the coffin for his conservative fiscal/monetary instincts)
Your dad had very good instincts. My philosophy has always been that of a fiscal conservative. You learn to live within your means. My mom epitomized that mindset. She died in 1996 and never owned a credit card in her life. I never have a credit card balance that goes to the next month. I pay it off every month. I'm a dinosaur and I know it. The far right and far left have turned me off on politics forever. I don't consider myself a moderate I have core principles that are important to me. There is a new generation of up and coming Ds and Rs. It will be their obligation to change the hearts and minds of the American people, that is if that is even possible.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Report: Presidential Diarist Says Trump ‘Iced Out’ WH Record-Keepers Days Before Insurrection
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trum ... -january-6
In the days leading up to the deadly Capitol insurrection last year, Trump’s presidential diarist noticed that White House officials began providing fewer details on the then-President’s calls and visits, according to CNN. The report comes amid revelations that the White House call logs the National Archives turned over to the Jan. 6 Select Committee contained a seven-hour gap — despite previous reports of multiple calls that Trump took as the insurrection unfolded.

Trump’s presidential diarist revealed the scant details that the then-President’s White House officials produced days before the insurrection when reportedly testifying before the Jan. 6 Select Committee last month.

According to CNN, other witnesses described a similar scenario to the committee. They reportedly told the panel that Trump White House record-keepers were sharing less information during the same time period.

One source characterized White House record-keepers in the days before the insurrection as having been “iced out” in the days preceding the insurrection, according to CNN.

“The last day that normal information was sent was the 4th,” another source familiar with the investigation told CNN. “So, starting the 5th, the diarist didn’t receive the annotated calls and notes. This was a dramatic departure. That is all out of the ordinary.”

It is typical for the presidential diarist to receive a trove of information about the President, which includes phone logs from the switchboard, the President’s movements from the Secret Services as well as notes from Oval Office operations that detail calls, guests and activists of the President.

It is unclear who, or if anyone, instructed a shift in record-keeping and if there was a motivation behind the slower pace of information shared with White House record-keepers in the days leading up to the insurrection.

CNN’s report comes days after the Washington Post and CBS News revealed the seven-hour gap in the White House call log and the presidential diary on the day of the insurrection.

The White House records of Trump’s calls on Jan. 6 reportedly did not include any calls he made or received from 11:17 a.m. to 6:54 p.m. that day. The call logs were turned over to the Jan. 6 Select Committee by the National Archives.

“The lack of an official White House notation of any calls placed to or by Trump for 457 minutes on Jan. 6, 2021 … means the committee has no record of his phone conversations as his supporters descended on the Capitol, battled overwhelmed police and forcibly entered the building, prompting lawmakers and Vice President Mike Pence to flee for safety,” the Post reported.

The committee is reportedly now investigating whether Trump communicated that day “through backchannels, phones of aides or personal disposable phones, known as ‘burner phones,'” according to the Post.

Shortly after the report was published last week, Trump shot back in a statement, claiming that he has “no idea what a burner phone is, to the best of my knowledge I have never even heard the term.”

Despite Trump’s denials, previous reports indicated that Trump engaged in multiple calls with his key allies as the insurrection unfolded. Additionally, as the Post noted, documents obtained by the Jan. 6 Select Committee show Trump “having several previously unreported exchanges on Jan. 6, including brief calls with [Steve] Bannon and personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani that morning, before Trump had a final call with Pence, in which the vice president told him he was not going to block Congress from formalizing Biden’s victory.”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

But, but, but...Hunter!!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/12/us/p ... trump.html

One week before an angry mob stormed the Capitol, a communications expert named Jason Sullivan, a onetime aide to Roger J. Stone Jr., joined a conference call with a group of President Donald J. Trump’s supporters and made an urgent plea.

After assuring his listeners that the 2020 election had been stolen, Mr. Sullivan told them that they had to go to Washington on Jan. 6, 2021 — the day that Congress was to meet to finalize the electoral count — and “descend on the Capitol,” according to a recording of the call obtained by The New York Times.

While Mr. Sullivan claimed that he was “not inciting violence or any kind of riots,” he urged those on the call to make their presence felt at the Capitol in a way that would intimidate members of Congress, telling the group that they had to ensure that lawmakers inside the building “understand that people are breathing down their necks.”

He also pledged that Mr. Trump was going to take action on his own; the president, he said, was going to impose a form of martial law on Jan. 6 and would not be leaving office.

“Biden will never be in that White House,” Mr. Sullivan declared. “That’s my promise to each and every one of you.”

The recording of the call, which took place on Dec. 30, 2020, emerged as the Justice Department has expanded its criminal investigation of the Capitol attack. It offers a glimpse of the planning that went on in the run-up to the storming of the Capitol and the mind-set of some of those who zeroed in on Jan. 6 as a kind of last stand for keeping Mr. Trump in office.

It also reflects the complexities that federal prosecutors are likely to face as they begin the task of figuring out how much — or even whether — people involved in the political rallies that preceded the assault can be held accountable for the violence that erupted.

After more than a year of focusing exclusively on rioters who took part in the storming of the Capitol, prosecutors have widened their gaze in recent weeks and have started to question whether those involved in encouraging protests — like the one that Mr. Sullivan was describing — can be held culpable for disrupting the work of Congress.

Mr. Sullivan’s remarks during the call appeared to be an effort to motivate a group of people aggrieved by the election to take direct action against members of Congress on Jan. 6, presaging what Mr. Trump himself would say in a speech that day. While it remains unclear whether anyone on Mr. Sullivan’s call went on to join the mob that breached the Capitol, he seemed to be exhorting his listeners to apply unusual pressure on lawmakers just as they were overseeing the final count of Electoral College votes.

In a statement provided by his lawyer, Mr. Sullivan played down the nature of the call, saying he had merely “shared some encouragement” with what he described as “people who all felt their votes had been disenfranchised in the 2020 elections.” Mr. Sullivan said he had been asked to participate in the call by a group of anti-vaccine activists — or what he called “health freedom advocate moms” — who were hosting “a small, permitted event” at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

“I only promoted peaceful solutions where Americans could raise their voices and be heard as expressed in our First Amendment,” Mr. Sullivan said in the statement. “I in no way condone the violence of any protesters.”

Still, in the recording of the call, Mr. Sullivan can be heard telling his listeners that the lawmakers inside the Capitol “need to feel pressure.”

“If we make the people inside that building sweat and they understand that they may not be able to walk in the streets any longer if they do the wrong thing, then maybe they’ll do the right thing,” he said. “We have to put that pressure there.”

As the Justice Department widens its inquiry, federal prosecutors are using a grand jury in Washington to gather information on political organizers, speakers and so-called V.I.P.s connected to a series of pro-Trump rallies after the 2020 election. One prominent planner of those rallies, Ali Alexander, received a subpoena from the grand jury and said last week that he intended to comply with its requests.

In the run-up to Jan. 6, Mr. Alexander publicly discussed a pressure campaign against lawmakers that was meant to stop the final electoral count, saying he was working with Representative Mo Brooks of Alabama and Representatives Andy Biggs and Paul Gosar of Arizona, all Republicans."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Patriot Days:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/15/politics ... index.html

The great "constitutionalists" wanted ammo for the fraud they were perpetrating on the Country.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Mike Lee tries in vain to explain how assisting, by any legal'ish looking means, the President to overturn the electorate was OK:

https://www.deseret.com/2022/4/20/23034 ... dows-fraud

The January 6 Committee probably needs to hear all this "context."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The spineless little weathervane who runs the GOP House caucus:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/21/us/p ... arthy.html

"In the days after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol building, the two top Republicans in Congress, Representative Kevin McCarthy and Senator Mitch McConnell, told associates they believed President Trump was responsible for inciting the deadly riot and vowed to drive him from politics. Mr. McCarthy went so far as to say he would push Mr. Trump to resign immediately: “I’ve had it with this guy,” he told a group of Republican leaders.

But within weeks both men backed off an all-out fight with Mr. Trump because they feared retribution from him and his political movement. Their drive to act faded fast as it became clear it would mean difficult votes that would put them at odds with most of their colleagues.

“I didn’t get to be leader by voting with five people in the conference,” Mr. McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, told a friend.

The confidential expressions of outrage from Mr. McCarthy and Mr. McConnell, which have not been previously reported, illustrate the immense gulf between what Republican leaders say privately about Mr. Trump and their public deference to a man whose hold on the party has gone virtually unchallenged for half a decade.

The leaders’ swift retreat in January 2021 represented a capitulation at a moment of extraordinary political weakness for Mr. Trump — perhaps the last and best chance for mainstream Republicans to reclaim control of their party from a leader who had stoked an insurrection against American democracy itself.

This account of the private discussions among Republican leaders in the days after the Jan. 6 attack is adapted from a new book, “This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden and the Battle for America’s Future,” which draws on hundreds of interviews with lawmakers and officials, and contemporaneous records of pivotal moments in the 2020 presidential campaign.

Mr. McConnell’s office declined to comment. Mark Bednar, a spokesman for Mr. McCarthy, denied that the Republican leader told colleagues he would push Mr. Trump to leave office. “McCarthy never said he’d call Trump to say he should resign,” Mr. Bednar said.

No one embodies the stark accommodation to Mr. Trump more than Mr. McCarthy, a 57-year-old Californian who has long had his sights set on becoming speaker of the House. In public after Jan. 6, Mr. McCarthy issued a careful rebuke of Mr. Trump, saying that he “bears responsibility” for the mob that tried to stop Congress from officially certifying the president’s loss. But he declined to condemn him in sterner language.

In private, Mr. McCarthy went much further.

On a phone call with several other top House Republicans on Jan. 8, Mr. McCarthy said Mr. Trump’s conduct on Jan. 6 had been “atrocious and totally wrong.” He faulted the president for “inciting people” to attack the Capitol, saying that Mr. Trump’s remarks at a rally on the National Mall that day were “not right by any shape or any form.”

During that conversation, Mr. McCarthy inquired about the mechanism for invoking the 25th Amendment — the process whereby the vice president and members of the cabinet can remove a president from office — before concluding that was not a viable option. Mr. McCarthy, who was among those who objected to the election results, was uncertain and indecisive, fretting that the Democratic drive to impeach Mr. Trump would “put more fuel on the fire” of the country’s divisions.

But Mr. McCarthy’s resolve seemed to harden as the gravity of the attack — and the potential political fallout for his party — sank in. Two members of Mr. Trump’s cabinet had quit their posts after the attack and several moderate Republican governors had called for the president’s resignation. Video clips of the riot kept surfacing online, making the raw brutality of the attack ever more vivid in the public mind.

On Jan. 10, Mr. McCarthy spoke again with the leadership team and this time he had a plan in mind.

The Democrats were driving hard at an impeachment resolution, Mr. McCarthy said, and they would have the votes to pass it. Now he planned to call Mr. Trump and tell him it was time for him to go.

“What he did is unacceptable. Nobody can defend that and nobody should defend it,” he told the group.

Mr. McCarthy said he would tell Mr. Trump of the impeachment resolution: “I think this will pass, and it would be my recommendation you should resign.”

He acknowledged it was unlikely Mr. Trump would follow that suggestion.

Mr. McCarthy spent the four years of Mr. Trump’s presidency as one of the White House’s most obedient supporters in Congress. Since Mr. Trump’s defeat, Mr. McCarthy has appeased far-right members of the House, some of whom are close to the former president. Mr. McCarthy may need their support to become speaker, a vote that could come as soon as next year if the G.O.P. claims the House in November.

But in a brief window after the storming of the Capitol, Mr. McCarthy contemplated a total break with Mr. Trump and his most extreme supporters.

During the same Jan. 10 conversation when he said he would call on Mr. Trump to resign, Mr. McCarthy told other G.O.P. leaders he wished the big tech companies would strip some Republican lawmakers of their social media accounts, as Twitter and Facebook had done with Mr. Trump. Members such as Lauren Boebert of Colorado had done so much to stoke paranoia about the 2020 election and made offensive comments online about the Capitol attack.

“We can’t put up with that,” Mr. McCarthy said, adding, “Can’t they take their Twitter accounts away, too?”

Mr. McCarthy “never said that particular members should be removed from Twitter,” Mr. Bednar said.

Other Republican leaders in the House agreed with Mr. McCarthy that the president’s behavior deserved swift punishment. Representative Steve Scalise of Louisiana, the second-ranking House Republican, said on one call that it was time for the G.O.P. to contemplate a “post-Trump Republican House,” while Representative Tom Emmer of Minnesota, the head of the party’s House campaign committee, suggested censuring Mr. Trump.

Yet none of the men followed through on their tough talk in those private conversations.

In the following days, Mr. McCarthy heard from some Republican lawmakers who advised against confronting Mr. Trump. In one group conversation, Representative Bill Johnson of Ohio cautioned that conservative voters back home “go ballistic” in response to criticism of Mr. Trump, demanding that Republicans instead train their denunciations on Democrats, such as Hillary Clinton and Hunter Biden.

“I’m just telling you that that’s the kind of thing that we’re dealing with, with our base,” Mr. Johnson said.

When only 10 House Republicans joined with Democrats to support impeaching Mr. Trump on Jan. 13, the message to Mr. McCarthy was clear.

By the end of the month, he was pursuing a rapprochement with Mr. Trump, visiting him at Mar-a-Lago and posing for a photograph. (“I didn’t know they were going to take a picture,” Mr. McCarthy said, somewhat apologetically, to one frustrated lawmaker.)"
CU88

Post by CU88 »

How did the Jan. 6 attack happen? A new podcast, “Will Be Wild,” explores that question. Correspondent Lisa Desjardins talked to podcast co-host Andrea Bernstein about what we’re learning about former President Trump’s role in the violence, a trend of white supremacist violence and government inaction that preceded that day, ongoing Congressional investigations and where the country goes now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwhwEd5WweE
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The US Army Golden Knights caused abject panic and forced the evacuation of the US Capital. They were making a PR stunt jump for a baseball game. Some dumb effing morons thought the 82nd airborne were attacking the capital and went into full fledged panic mode. These are the dumbasses that are leading our nation.. :roll:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Speaking of effin' morons...

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:18 am The US Army Golden Knights caused abject panic and forced the evacuation of the US Capital. They were making a PR stunt jump for a baseball game. Some dumb effing morons thought the 82nd airborne were attacking the capital and went into full fledged panic mode. These are the dumbasses that are leading our nation.. :roll:

If anyone ever asks why you have such a low regard for Washington DC elites (and why you’re amused that many Americans, mostly leftists, do), point them to this cluster-eff.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:18 am The US Army Golden Knights caused abject panic and forced the evacuation of the US Capital. They were making a PR stunt jump for a baseball game. Some dumb effing morons thought the 82nd airborne were attacking the capital and went into full fledged panic mode. These are the dumbasses that are leading our nation.. :roll:
FAA forgot to notify the Capitol Police of the flyover. LMAO

Can't fault them for evacuating when they don't know why a plane is flying over normally restricted airspace. Stupid, but it took just a few minutes to figure it out and give the all clear.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:56 am Speaking of effin' morons...

Oh, well, Senator Lee has "moved on."
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

You would think they would have learned after the panic caused in lower Manhattan in April of 2009 when AF1 circled low and slow around the Statue of Liberty for a photo op.

Return to “POLITICS”