January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by a fan »

Here ya go, Petey......let's start with your boy DeSantis acknowledging that Biden won fair and square.

He still won't do that.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/gov-d ... as-rigged/
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:39 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:16 pm When will the left realize the Donald doesn’t control the Republican Party?! What’s it gonna take?
Oh....easy one, Petey.

100% of sitting Republicans need to say on the record that Biden won, fair and square, and no irregularities were found in any of the elections.

Give us a call when that happens. Until then? They're under his thumb, and literally lying for him.

How do we vet those replies for ya, a fan? Do the respondents need a notary public to affirm their identities?

You see, I just can’t find many of these so-called ‘election furthers’, other than some far right obsessives. But I know you believe it’s the majority of Republicans. Man, every Republican I speak with these days is focused on November 8, 2022…not November of 2020. I’ll keep asking.

Keep up that good fight a fan, the ‘TDS election denier hunt’, it’ll surely pay off for your estimable squad this fall! No one is paying any attention to inflation, crime, and global instability! You could also keep trying to say “Latinx”….I hear that’s a real winner with Latinos!

:lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:51 pm Keep up that good fight a fan, the ‘TDS election denier hunt’, it’ll surely pay off for your estimable squad this fall!
:lol: What are the R's gonna do if they win? Make the government 10% bigger in a single year like DeSantis did?

Oh, and then to cover the fact that they're making government bigger than ever, they'll tell guys like you "look....a gay guy is doing something right over there".

And you'll fall for it. Like you always do......
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:43 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:51 pm Keep up that good fight a fan, the ‘TDS election denier hunt’, it’ll surely pay off for your estimable squad this fall!
:lol: What are the R's gonna do if they win? Make the government 10% bigger in a single year like DeSantis did?

Oh, and then to cover the fact that they're making government bigger than ever, they'll tell guys like you "look....a gay guy is doing something right over there".

And you'll fall for it. Like you always do......

Maybe Republicans will reduce both inflation and violent crime.

Just two ideas for you to noodle on.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:06 pm Maybe Republicans will reduce both inflation and violent crime.
Pete....you can't even tell the class why we have inflation right now.

As for reducing violent crime? Let me guess: the plan is to spend more money, and to make government bigger. The libs are all for that...why would I want someone with a R by their name to do the same thing?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:41 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:06 pm Maybe Republicans will reduce both inflation and violent crime.

As for reducing violent crime? Let me guess: the plan is to spend more money, and to make government bigger. The libs are all for that...why would I want someone with a R by their name to do the same thing?

What?

It takes less money to detain suspects accused of violent crime, rather than releasing them to the streets on zero bail, to cause yet more violent crime (which causes way more money). This ain’t hard, chief.

In your permanent quest to attack Republicans, all you ever end up do is shamelessly defend massive Democratic failures.

You really want to reduce violent crime? Fire every progressive DA in America.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Mebbe our gator has investments in the private prison business? 4,000 companies splitting $ billion in business and growing? Big "upside" of another $80B spent on public prisons.

It's incredibly expensive to imprison someone...obviously that's not a great reason to not do so, if truly beneficial to safety, but the whole point is to deter crime and the best way to do so is to achieve rehabilitation. Our system does neither well as the private companies have the opposite incentives, and that's been the case for...forever.

Here in America, this was most egregiously so in the Jim Crow south, but over the more recent decades there's been a pivot from public prisons incarcerating and leasing out cheap labor to simply getting paid to incarcerate.

And we're not even beginning to cont the lost productivity and social disruption of so many men, mostly men, being out of the workforce, out of their families, including for crimes that were non-violent. And yes, this falls especially disproportionately on people of color from low income neighborhoods, including because of huge disparities in sentencing.

But we need more people locked up for longer. Especially those who aren't white.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:03 am Mebbe our gator has investments in the private prison business? 4,000 companies splitting $ billion in business and growing? Big "upside" of another $80B spent on public prisons.

It's incredibly expensive to imprison someone...obviously that's not a great reason to not do so, if truly beneficial to safety, but the whole point is to deter crime and the best way to do so is to achieve rehabilitation. Our system does neither well as the private companies have the opposite incentives, and that's been the case for...forever.

Here in America, this was most egregiously so in the Jim Crow south, but over the more recent decades there's been a pivot from public prisons incarcerating and leasing out cheap labor to simply getting paid to incarcerate.

And we're not even beginning to cont the lost productivity and social disruption of so many men, mostly men, being out of the workforce, out of their families, including for crimes that were non-violent. And yes, this falls especially disproportionately on people of color from low income neighborhoods, including because of huge disparities in sentencing.

But we need more people locked up for longer. Especially those who aren't white.

That was a gratuitously obtuse post.

The last thing I want is for more people to be in prison. HOWEVER, when you have an accelerating trend of VIOLENT crime in cities such as in Baltimore, LA, Chicago, St. Louis, Philadelphia, New York, etc…you must determine why. And “why” is because progressive DA’s are mismatching bail to offense. We need to remove violent criminals, straight up.

I’m very clear that I prefer non-incarceration measures for nonviolent crime: financial, public services etc…just like Europe. You on the other hand eagerly applaud 40 heavily armed FBI agents arresting an old dude like Roger Stone at 5:30 am rather than calling his lawyer to have him self surrender. We couldn’t be further apart in our views in incarceration and justice.

Further, additional crime is far more expensive than imprisonment. I won’t bore the board with analyses, but when crime increases so do additional costs like insurance, increased safety measures, public health, etc….

And for the record, I consider it unconstitutional to even allow private prison operators.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I disagree on the financial crimes. I'd like to see some proportionality for those who commit massive "white collar" fraud, much worse IMO than your common drug dealer.

I do think that using a weapon in the commission of a crime is an important factor to be punished, but we let off the hook serious white collar crime just because it "wasn't violent".

I also disagree about the relative costs of prevention of crime rather than incarceration. It costs far less to educate and train a person for a productive role in society than to incarcerate them. NO ONE in civil society wants more crime, the issue is how best to reduce crime.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:34 am I disagree on the financial crimes. I'd like to see some proportionality for those who commit massive "white collar" fraud, much worse IMO than your common drug dealer.

I do think that using a weapon in the commission of a crime is an important factor to be punished, but we let off the hook serious white collar crime just because it "wasn't violent".

I also disagree about the relative costs of prevention of crime rather than incarceration. It costs far less to educate and train a person for a productive role in society than to incarcerate them. NO ONE in civil society wants more crime, the issue is how best to reduce crime.

You misread my post about nonviolent crime, but I wrote it clumsily so I’ll let you off the hook. ;)

I wasn’t referring to white collar crime when I wrote ‘financial’, I was saying non-violent crime punishment should include financial penalties and public service. White collar crime is of course non violent, and there are degrees of impact even in this category. Roger Stone is a mutant, but when you deputize forty FBI agents with auto rifles to arrest an old guy on a non violent arrest warrant, you are sending a broader message that we live in a reckless criminal justice system. I doubt you understand this phenomena, because you are too wrapped up in political vengeance. That’s your problem to overcome…serious criminal justice reform advocates understand the issues clearly.

Where the law can make inroads into not ostracizing non-violent folks who get caught up in today’s overzealous justice system is by offering first time offenders of non-violent crime alternative means of punishment and even anonymity (again, like is done in Europe). If a convicted non-violent criminal continues to commit crime, their punishment increases proportionally. But for a first timer of any non violent crime, I suggest probation, financial punishment, and public service. Dealing drugs like weed is a non violent crime btw,
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Some old news
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:28 am What?

It takes less money to detain suspects accused of violent crime, rather than releasing them to the streets on zero bail, to cause yet more violent crime (which causes way more money). This ain’t hard, chief.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Says the guy who told us his #1 mission was to prevent what you've been telling us are corrupt prosecutors from sticking innocent people in jail.

Now ----snicker--------you're telling us that you want no bail whatsoever for these people-----put them in jail indefinitely even though they are innocent until proven guilty.

Which is it this week, Petey? Can't keep your BS ideas straight yet again.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Reduce violent crime. ROFLMAO. Maybe they should start in their own states.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state ... e-by-state
a fan

Post by a fan »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:29 pm

Oh, we already pointed this out to Petey, several times. He thinks those number must be fake or something. It's not possible that any State run by a Governor with a little R by his name has major problems. :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:28 am What?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Says the guy who told us his #1 mission was to prevent what you've been telling us are corrupt prosecutors from sticking innocent people in jail.

Now ----snicker--------you're telling us that you want no bail whatsoever for these people-----put them in jail indefinitely even though they are innocent until proven guilty.

Which is it this week, Petey? Can't keep your BS ideas straight yet again.

You’re no ‘fan’ of nuance, are you?

I’m an opponent of wrongful prosecutions as well as the cancerous progressive inability to distinguish violent from nonviolent crime.

I’m a strict proponent of no violence.

What is so difficult to understand here?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:03 pm
I’m an opponent of wrongful prosecutions
Right. And you tell us that these prosecutions are rampant....you've posted SEVERAL times on the suject.

Given that position, why the F would you get rid of bail? So someone gets wrongfully prosecuted, and they're just supposed to sit in jail under Pete's new "no bail" plan?

You can't make it five minutes without contradicting yourself. Worst. Troll. Ever.

Even YOU don't believe your own trolling nonsense. It's hilarious watching you trying to make sense of your own trolling.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:56 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:29 pm

Oh, we already pointed this out to Petey, several times. He thinks those number must be fake or something. It's not possible that any State run by a Governor with a little R by his name has major problems. :roll:

This link is beyond idiotic presuming your attempted point is Democrats run their states well. Yeahhhhhhhhh…. :roll:

Within states, where the real violence occurs are the cities. Those cities are where the violence is at. For instance, though New Jersey *as a state* appears safe, are you prepared to say Newark is a place you’re comfortable walking the streets alone at night? Sure, Far Hills isn’t gang-bang central, but let’s examine the thunderdomes of progressive DA led cities. Bodymore, Chiraq, East St. Louis, Philly, Rochester, Minneapolis, New Orleans. These places are more dangerous than any town in El Salvador…yet you won’t admit that. Why?

You love spiking footballs but completely unwilling to admit the score.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:03 pm
I’m an opponent of wrongful prosecutions
Right. And you tell us that these prosecutions are rampant....you've posted SEVERAL times on the suject.

Given that position, why the F would you get rid of bail? So someone gets wrongfully prosecuted, and they're just supposed to sit in jail under Pete's new "no bail" plan?

You can't make it five minutes without contradicting yourself. Worst. Troll. Ever.

Even YOU don't believe your own trolling nonsense. It's hilarious watching you trying to make sense of your own trolling.

Do you know the difference between violent and nonviolent crime? I’m seriously wondering about you.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:41 pm Here ya go, Petey......let's start with your boy DeSantis acknowledging that Biden won fair and square.

He still won't do that.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/gov-d ... as-rigged/
LOOK....my link IS bigger than your link...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

dude, afan.....your latest attack "dummy", is someone who never ran for POTUSA and STILL has still a big, big fans. Why don't YOU demand the same from Liz Warren? Or Bennett? you demand that HE (DeSativa), only, needs to acknowledge the, umm.....obvious? geez....THIS...is what you are , umm, discussig ?

you're upset b/c Pete defends him...that's all.

But, what IS the difference between what Hillary is saying about 2016, than what tRump IS saying about 2020?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”