Georgetown 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: Georgetown 2022

Post by wgdsr »

HGK wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:54 pm That is basically my point. That formula just won’t work in May. This is a great team and they have enormous talent but one man bands don’t play on MDW. Need to think out of the box and take a chance on a different formula if want to go deep.
if you want to win on memorial day, most of those squads have had a one man band who carried them for a game or 2 when needed.

find that guy.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:13 pm
HGK wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:54 pm That is basically my point. That formula just won’t work in May. This is a great team and they have enormous talent but one man bands don’t play on MDW. Need to think out of the box and take a chance on a different formula if want to go deep.
if you want to win on memorial day, most of those squads have had a one man band who carried them for a game or 2 when needed.

find that guy.
Owen Mac.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Complete game from Hoyas. Looked sharp and cleaned up a lot of last week’s issues. Although my concerns around attack behind GLE are the same it’s tough for me to continue to argue to move Trippi after his performance above the cage today. Loved seeing Macleod and Thompson getting time and putting up goals. Lehigh will be a good one next week and they should be playing with confidence after a big win over Army.

Also, serious question - has Donaldson given up an on ball goal this season? I have watched or attended every game and can’t recall a single one.

Let’s go Hoyas!
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

HGK wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:08 pm Complete game from Hoyas. Looked sharp and cleaned up a lot of last week’s issues. Although my concerns around attack behind GLE are the same it’s tough for me to continue to argue to move Trippi after his performance above the cage today. Loved seeing Macleod and Thompson getting time and putting up goals. Lehigh will be a good one next week and they should be playing with confidence after a big win over Army.

Also, serious question - has Donaldson given up an on ball goal this season? I have watched or attended every game and can’t recall a single one.

Let’s go Hoyas!
Coaches need to get Morin out there with a bucket of balls before and after practice. Seems to have some bad shooting habits. (Cut out Low to low, take extra step to greatness). If he starts finishing, will make us even more hard to defend.
HGK

Post by HGK »

When they Invert Hess or Trippi when have a ssdm matchup, slide Morin to the wing and get him ball if nothing natural for the X ball handler. I bet he does far better from that starting spot than X.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

HGK wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:40 pm When they Invert Hess or Trippi when have a ssdm matchup, slide Morin to the wing and get him ball if nothing natural for the X ball handler. I bet he does far better from that starting spot than X.
I like the idea. But Morin’s finishing problems are fundamental, not situational. The good news is he is successful at the harder part, which is getting himself in the position to finish.
Last edited by rolldodge on Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Would also like to see Hoyas push more in transition like they did vs Hopkins and Penn. One great Mazzone goal yesterday on the break but seems more often lately we slow it down to play 6V6. Think run and gun when it’s there fits the Hoyas skill set well and should take those opportunities more often than not.
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

HGK wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:08 pm Complete game from Hoyas. Looked sharp and cleaned up a lot of last week’s issues. Although my concerns around attack behind GLE are the same it’s tough for me to continue to argue to move Trippi after his performance above the cage today. Loved seeing Macleod and Thompson getting time and putting up goals. Lehigh will be a good one next week and they should be playing with confidence after a big win over Army.

Let’s go Hoyas!
I agree Donaldson has been rock solid. He seems to fly under the radar for some reason. The Hoyas midfield is absolutely lethal.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Denver beats OSU. Nova loses to Penn at the horn. The Big East is not going to be any cakewalk for the Hoyas. Lehigh Saturday and then it’s game on in the BE.

Let’s go Hoyas!
HGK

Post by HGK »

Sisselberger vs Reilly is going to be a massive key to this game. I would definitely double pole with Tominovich and Halpert. I would also put one of them in the hole each face off. Lehigh is incredible off the draw and in transition scoring. If Georgetown can slow them down and make them play 6 V 6 and we can play fast in transition I like our chances.

Let’s go Hoyas!
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

HGK wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:39 pm Sisselberger vs Reilly is going to be a massive key to this game. I would definitely double pole with Tominovich and Halpert. I would also put one of them in the hole each face off. Lehigh is incredible off the draw and in transition scoring. If Georgetown can slow them down and make them play 6 V 6 and we can play fast in transition I like our chances.

Let’s go Hoyas!
If they double pole they might want to consider bringing Smith up.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Totally agree.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

HGK wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:29 pmTotally agree.
The Lehigh FO guy is excellent but Reilly is no slouch and hopefully can keep the FOs relatively even. I agree that the key is stopping the clean win and fast break. I watched the start of the Lehigh-Army game last weekend and Lehigh went up 4-0 quickly off a string of FO wins and was able to hold a very good Army team at bay. If GU can avoid a knockout punch at the start and/or a big run during the game I think our D can do well in a 6x6 game.

I am looking for improvement on the attack and better shooting from Morin, as I this, and some depth at O middie, are the final pieces that GU needs.
HGK

Post by HGK »

I’ll bet on Reilly to do well. Then it comes down to who has better offense and defense. I think Hoyas are better in both. Lehigh is a hell of a team but if Reilly is even close to 50-% i think Georgetown is in good shape.
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

I’ve seen Lehigh a few times this year. They definitely want a slow, low scoring game. They will grind out the shot clock, play zone at times, and try and limit transition. Their hope is they get a couple off their own FO transition and dominate the possessions. I say first to 10 wins (if it gets there).
HGK

Post by HGK »

Nothing easy about tomorrow’s game. Just Go one and O tomorrow as the boys like to say.

Let’s go Hoyas!
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Scharfenberger starting in goal for Gtown.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Needless to say big dropoff. 3-3
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

14-11 Georgetown
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Great game by Haley and Watson on offense. Lehigh focused on Trippi and Bundy, and Haley and Watson got space. The offense also handled the zone well.
Reilly also held his own, and Donaldson had his usual quiet great game. Plus Hess is the X factor that few other teams have.
It looked like Mazzone did not play the later part of the fourth quarter, hope that he and McElroy are OK. Finally, the freshman goalie settled down and was solid, especially in the fourth quarter.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”