Penn State

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Penn State

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:20 am
TNLAX wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:07 am
McSpazatron wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:23 am Drexel will be the number one team in Pennsylvania this year.
We may never know, they don't have Temple on the schedule :D
We’ll see how the game vs UPenn goes in a few weeks...
Penn beats "we are"
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:29 am
McSpazatron wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:23 am Drexel will be the number one team in Pennsylvania this year.
Penn beats "we are"
PSU beat Penn 15-7 in a scrimmage last weekend. Yes it was a scrimmage but word is that Penn struggled. Granted they didn't start practicing until 2/1 but since they haven't played in 2 years it's really hard to project what they'll look like this year.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

hmmm wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:31 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:29 am
Penn beats "we are"
PSU beat Penn 15-7 in a scrimmage last weekend. Yes it was a scrimmage but word is that Penn struggled. Granted they didn't start practicing until 2/1 but since they haven't played in 2 years it's really hard to project what they'll look like this year.
Penn by 2
McSpazatron

Post by McSpazatron »

Drexel by 4
Delco Transplant

Post by Delco Transplant »

PSU graduate - Quinn Nicolai - looks very good for Temple and has been named a captain. A grad transfer to Temple, Nicolai could have stayed at PSU for this season, but left. I think that and other transfers out of PSU speak volumes about the coaching staff.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

You are correct. Probably could have used the GK who transferred as well.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:34 pm Probably could have used the GK who transferred as well.
Best player on the PSU team when I saw them play Loyola
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:34 pm You are correct. Probably could have used the GK who transferred as well.
Fairly obvious that things are not so Happy in Happy Valley. Been brewing for a while and only those closest to the program will ever know the details. Functionally it translates into a long road ahead for PSU.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Now I’m not making a big deal of this but Penn St has quietly run off three straight over JMU, St Joe’s and Towson. They’ll come back to earth next game vs Princeton, but there may be an indication of what’s happening with this team in how they come back to earth. If they fight to the end vs Princeton, that might count for something the rest of the way. They won’t make any noise if they make the tournament (not impossible) but they could be a burr the rest of the way against Rutgers and maybe Maryland and the rest of the Big 10. I hope so.

Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:52 pm Now I’m not making a big deal of this but Penn St has quietly run off three straight over JMU, St Joe’s and Towson. They’ll come back to earth next game vs Princeton, but there may be an indication of what’s happening with this team in how they come back to earth. If they fight to the end vs Princeton, that might count for something the rest of the way. They won’t make any noise if they make the tournament (not impossible) but they could be a burr the rest of the way against Rutgers and maybe Maryland and the rest of the Big 10. I hope so.

I am hoping this gives us a measure of Princeton.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:46 am I am hoping this gives us a measure of Princeton.
I’m not sure they’ll be properly measured until they’re done with Loyola, Stony Brook and Maryland. But that’s just one fellow’s opinion.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:52 pm Now I’m not making a big deal of this but Penn St has quietly run off three straight over JMU, St Joe’s and Towson. They’ll come back to earth next game vs Princeton, but there may be an indication of what’s happening with this team in how they come back to earth. If they fight to the end vs Princeton, that might count for something the rest of the way. They won’t make any noise if they make the tournament (not impossible) but they could be a burr the rest of the way against Rutgers and maybe Maryland and the rest of the Big 10. I hope so.

They are definitely rounding into form after a rough start...I'm much more optimistic about the rest of their year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

The Lions did indeed fight to the very end in yesterday's 12-11 loss to #11 Princeton, the game in doubt to the last seconds. Penn St got down 7-2 early in the 2Q, but they battled back scoring the next 6 goals. Sitting at 5-3 going into conference play,

at OH St
vs NU
at Marylnd
vs Pitt
vs Michigan
at Rutgers
vs JHU

being the remainder of the schedule. Some tough games in there. Maybe 4 victories?
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Is Penn State making the tournament this year?
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:26 pm Is Penn State making the tournament this year?
Remains to be seen. The remainder of their schedule is no cake walk. The committee owes them an at-large spot after last year.
osguy

Post by osguy »

I see them handily beating Ohio State and Pitt. JH is a ?. Rest is a tough road.
OuttaNowhereWregget

osguy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:27 pm I see them handily beating Ohio State and Pitt. JH is a ?. Rest is a tough road.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they plucked a win from either Rutgers or Michigan. Johns Hopkins I’m predicting as a win for the Nittany Lions.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I was glad to see the Lions get a convincing win over their feline cousins. Wouldn't have been appropriate let's say, for an upstart team from PA to beat the resident. I don't see much for Penn State the rest of the season though. They used to be a tough team and a tough out. A mini dynasty in the 80's. You could look it up. Even made the final four back to back in the mid 2010's. How are the mighty fallen.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”