Penn State

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Penn State

Post by Matnum PI »

PSU Women Rated Top 2020 Recruiting Class.

https://fanlax.com/2020/10/15/psu-women ... ing-class/

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Re: Penn State

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Likewise--what can we expect from Penn State this year? Will they challenge Northwestern and Maryland for superiority in the Big 10 or will they stay middle of the pack? They'll get a big test today vs Maryland. Did they pick up anyone through the Portal in the offseason? As Matnum posted earlier, they had a very nice recruiting class in 2020.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Due to covid exposure, Penn St just postponed their two weekend games with Northwestern.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

URGH. Most intriguing match up(s) of the weekend. Hope they can reschedule!
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:55 pm URGH. Most intriguing match up(s) of the weekend. Hope they can reschedule!
I feel your pain. I was looking forward to these games very much. They do plan on rescheduling—that’s the word from College Park.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:13 pm Due to covid exposure, Penn St just postponed their two weekend games with Northwestern.
They should just play in Texas, where everything is fine.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:21 pm
Cletus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:13 pm Due to covid exposure, Penn St just postponed their two weekend games with Northwestern.
Or Mississippi
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:26 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:21 pm
Or Mississippi
Right, forgot!

Seriously, though, I was looking forward to these two games, if only to see how PSU competed. Tough break. Hope they can reschedule.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

I guessing fraternity parties are the culprits at PSU...
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Apparently they had two positive tests? How do you shut down the program? The Big Ten tests everyday so just keep those two girls off the field. Under the impression that a program would need many more players to test positive to shut it down?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

livelovelax wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:34 am Apparently they had two positive tests? How do you shut down the program? The Big Ten tests everyday so just keep those two girls off the field. Under the impression that a program would need many more players to test positive to shut it down?
Yeah--it's disappointing. Apparently the protocols mandate a full shutdown for teams if someone tests positive. In professional sports, as you probably know, it's just the players/staff who get quarantined while the rest of the team continues to participate as long as each days tests for each player/staff member are negative. I wouldn't want to be the one in charge making the decisions. I'm sure they're getting plenty of pushback from all sides.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

I guess each team has their own guidelines. This from today's US Lacrosse magazine:

"Despite missing 11 players due to COVID-19 protocols for their season-opening win against Colgate, Albany head coach Scott Marr tells Patrick Stevens he’s confident the Great Danes are back on track."
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Insanity has never been more prevalent than during this covid time. If a Big Ten team tests all 50 players each day, as they do, there is no need for contact tracing. If 1-2 players test positive and 48 are negative, then hold those two out of the game and play the ones that are "fine". Why are schools shutting down a whole program? Insane.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

livelovelax wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:12 am Insanity has never been more prevalent than during this covid time. If a Big Ten team tests all 50 players each day, as they do, there is no need for contact tracing. If 1-2 players test positive and 48 are negative, then hold those two out of the game and play the ones that are "fine". Why are schools shutting down a whole program? Insane.
+1

At this point it's just poorly entrenched protocols that hopefully get tweaked a bit as the season progresses..

Joe
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

livelovelax wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:12 am Insanity has never been more prevalent than during this covid time. If a Big Ten team tests all 50 players each day, as they do, there is no need for contact tracing. If 1-2 players test positive and 48 are negative, then hold those two out of the game and play the ones that are "fine". Why are schools shutting down a whole program? Insane.
+100

also, Albany beat Colgate while missing 11 players??
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

It’s a good thing Maryland didn’t have to play the Nittany Lions in the Big Ten tournament…

I have to wonder what went wrong with Penn State this year. To knock off Maryland early in the season was no mean feat. And then to do it again was even more impressive. Strange to consider the rest of their season. With the talent on that team, I would have thought better. Maybe some of you coaches might weigh in, or anybody who has an idea of what went wrong with this team this year.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

PSU has an "ok" team at this point, should be better next year. Attack unit is the weak link, no consistency. Midfield is pretty good, but young & deep....expect them to be the strength of the team next year. Defense is ok and Goalie can be great or average. Coaching is ok in my opinion, not great. Add it up and you have an average team with a number of individual exciting players.

As far as why they beat an average Maryland team twice? not sure, but that seems to be the outlier given the losses against everyone else.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:50 pm PSU has an "ok" team at this point, should be better next year. Attack unit is the weak link, no consistency. Midfield is pretty good, but young & deep....expect them to be the strength of the team next year. Defense is ok and Goalie can be great or average. Coaching is ok in my opinion, not great. Add it up and you have an average team with a number of individual exciting players.

As far as why they beat an average Maryland team twice? not sure, but that seems to be the outlier given the losses against everyone else.
Thanks PA. Appreciate all the info here.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Cletus wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:24 pm
8meterPA wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:50 pm PSU has an "ok" team at this point, should be better next year. Attack unit is the weak link, no consistency. Midfield is pretty good, but young & deep....expect them to be the strength of the team next year. Defense is ok and Goalie can be great or average. Coaching is ok in my opinion, not great. Add it up and you have an average team with a number of individual exciting players.

Thanks PA. Appreciate all the info here.
it's all conjecture!! I do think they will be the #2 team in the BIG next year and a legit top 20 team.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”