All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Does he wear a tan suit?

Oh the horror of trying to prevent a 79 year old from contracting Covid... a 79 year old who interacts with 100's of people a day...as POTUS...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:36 pm All-out effort to keep Biden COVID-free; No 'normal' yet
When President Joe Biden met with U.S. governors at the White House on Monday, he was the only one given a glass of water — lest anyone else remove their mask to take a drink.

The president was seated more than 10 feet from everyone, including Vice President Kamala Harris and members of his Cabinet.

A White House staffer who was wearing a surgical mask when Biden entered the room was quickly handed an N95 version.

These are just some of the extraordinary efforts on the part of the White House to keep the president from getting COVID-19, even though he’s gotten both of his regular vaccinations and his booster.

It’s no surprise that unusual steps are taken to protect any president. But the strict precautions could also threaten to undercut the Biden administration’s own efforts to tell Americans — especially those who are vaccinated and boosted — that they can get on with something closer to their normal lives in the face of the omicron wave.

And it’s emblematic of the messaging challenges surrounding the administration’s approach to COVID-19 as the virus becomes endemic, familiar and somewhat controlled but still menacing, with hard-to-follow guidelines often unevenly implemented.
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... e236b65e00

🤦‍♂️

If anyone doesn’t think this is beyond bizarre, I don’t know what to tell you.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:11 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:36 pm All-out effort to keep Biden COVID-free; No 'normal' yet
When President Joe Biden met with U.S. governors at the White House on Monday, he was the only one given a glass of water — lest anyone else remove their mask to take a drink.

The president was seated more than 10 feet from everyone, including Vice President Kamala Harris and members of his Cabinet.

A White House staffer who was wearing a surgical mask when Biden entered the room was quickly handed an N95 version.

These are just some of the extraordinary efforts on the part of the White House to keep the president from getting COVID-19, even though he’s gotten both of his regular vaccinations and his booster.

It’s no surprise that unusual steps are taken to protect any president. But the strict precautions could also threaten to undercut the Biden administration’s own efforts to tell Americans — especially those who are vaccinated and boosted — that they can get on with something closer to their normal lives in the face of the omicron wave.

And it’s emblematic of the messaging challenges surrounding the administration’s approach to COVID-19 as the virus becomes endemic, familiar and somewhat controlled but still menacing, with hard-to-follow guidelines often unevenly implemented.
🤦‍♂️

Isn't it strange that Jill is also every damned place he goes...just strange.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:14 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:11 pm

🤦‍♂️

Isn't it strange that Jill is also every damned place he goes...just strange.
She Is a DR right?

Wait, not THAT kind of DR?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:36 pm J&J halts COVID vaccine production

Hmmmmmm. I feel this story has legs.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:43 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:36 pm J&J halts COVID vaccine production
Hmmmmmm. I feel this story has legs.
Just in the nick of time.....right before the 2022 mudslinging begins and Biden starts to roll out the "we are pulling America out of the pandemic", see how smart we are.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:47 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:29 pm Watch the video. All the way to the end:

https://thebulwark.com/anatomy-of-a-viral-lie/
He was right......if you sit around and take care of yourself, 1000's are getting better. ;)

I do not blame him one bit, as I posted earlier, this was more about avoiding mass chaos across the country...think looting. All in all, we are still quite low on deaths and as the test numbers go up, the percentage of death should go down....assuming the death count does not follow.
March 17, 2020.....
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:41 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:30 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:56 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:47 pm I do not blame him one bit, as I posted earlier, this was more about avoiding mass chaos across the country...think looting.
Are you serious or joking? It seems like you're serious...
Optimistic :D

Look at mainland China....their numbers have stayed quite steady after the peak, the number recovered keeps going up. Unless the JHU site is not updating any longer. China is currently at an 84% recovery rate, with certainly more still on the mend.
youth, let's do this math again.

If 40% of 360 million Americans contract and 84% "recover", how many don't recover?
Of course, that's not the actual mortality, as we do expect closer to 98-99% to "recover".

But, yeah, 16% get seriously ill, need hospitalization in order to have best chance of survival.

And that 16% will overwhelm our system if we don't flatten the curve.

The Chinese did it with very draconian state-enforced means of "social distancing", forced quarantine of ill (no 'self-quarantining' if gov't knew). Drones enforcing, cameras everywhere.

But hey, its a democrat MSM 'hoax' to be concerned.
That recovery number is climbing in China and the contracted number is barely ticking up and the death rate as also barely ticking up. Point being.....the recovery rate is climbing daily.

Your math assumes the entire population.....as did your points earlier when I did the math based on 350 Millions in the USA.

Stay positive and find positive.
This week you believe Chinese numbers? You know, numbers from the people who you complained about that wouldn’t let us in to help?
😇
More March 17, 2020. This thing was just getting started!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:51 pm Look at the green line on the bottom right of the JHU site graphic. Is it going in the right direction? zactly, stop being a troll.
You trust the Chinese this week? Stop being a hypocrite.
The green line is combined. #Troll "What is bad for America, is good for TLD"
Right now, the overall death rate is close to 4%. I am hoping that we come in under 1%. The lower the better. You still think the Chinese should have let us help them?
March 17, 2020....I was hoping for under 1%... we are at a persistent 2% of reported cases.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:14 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:36 am No new coronavirus cases in Wuhan, China, where global pandemic began:

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-wuhan ... b6232.html
That is great news if true. I certainly hope so. It shows how social distancing works but it has taken over to months of very strict social distancing to do so? Do we have the stomach for that? I hope so.
March 19, 2020....the answer turned out to be 'no'.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:58 pm

My vote for Time Person of the Year is : "some guy on the internet". Oh, the amazing leaps forward that guy has brought to our shores!!
Would that "guy on the internet" by our childrens teacher. Online. on the internet.

afan....think you need a new "tagline", as MILLIONS of children, and for that matter, adult workers, use "some guy on the internet" to get their educations.... you do realize this, yes?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:35 am ...more anti-vax dumbassery. :roll:
the most corrupt POTUSA in our history......just NOT when it comes to his vaxx ?

Does the "flu shot" claim to "prevent", or the vague outcomes, like "less sick" and "no hospital admissions "

Do all the J & J fully vaccinated, now, not count :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:40 am

My vote for Time Person of the Year is : "some guy on the internet". Oh, the amazing leaps forward that guy has brought to our shores!!
Would that "guy on the internet" by our childrens teacher. Online. on the internet.

afan....think you need a new "tagline", as MILLIONS of children, and for that matter, adult workers, use "some guy on the internet" to get their educations.... you do realize this, yes?

This ‘guy on the Internet’ has helped millions of kids all over the world, and even adults, learn thousands of subjects, free of charge even, and it all started with one innocuous video…oddly he wasn’t at trained educator, just a hedge fund analyst :

https://www.khanacademy.org/about

Sal Khan started Khan Academy in 2005 to help his cousins (and soon other people's cousins). In addition to setting the vision and direction for Khan Academy, he still makes a lot of videos (although he's not the only one anymore).

Sal holds three degrees from MIT and an MBA from Harvard.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:01 am

This ‘guy on the Internet’ has helped millions of kids all over the world, and even adults, learn thousands of subjects, free of charge even, and it all started with one innocuous video…oddly he wasn’t at trained educator, just a hedge fund analyst :

Sal Khan started Khan Academy in 2005 to help his cousins (and soon other people's cousins). In addition to setting the vision and direction for Khan Academy, he still makes a lot of videos (although he's not the only one anymore).

Yup.. Who is this "guy on the internet", U of Colorado physics classes ? Brown art history classes? Harvard Law school classes?

Do flu shots "prevent", (50% efficacy :oops: , or , you'll still get the flu, just "less sick".
Typical Lax Dad

“During seasons when flu vaccine viruses are similar to circulating flu viruses, flu vaccine has been shown to reduce the risk of having to go to the doctor with flu by 40 percent to 60 percent.
Flu vaccination has been shown in several studies to reduce severity of illness in people who get vaccinated but still get sick.”

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:01 am

So now both of you are playing dumb, pretending that gee, you just don’t know what I mean here.

Neat.

Return to “POLITICS”