All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:29 pm Watch the video. All the way to the end:

https://thebulwark.com/anatomy-of-a-viral-lie/

Boy until I watched this I thought I was living in bizarro world.

6ft almost had me convinced I hadn't in fact seen all those things when they occurred. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:29 pm Watch the video. All the way to the end:

He was right......if you sit around and take care of yourself, 1000's are getting better. ;)

I do not blame him one bit, as I posted earlier, this was more about avoiding mass chaos across the country...think looting. All in all, we are still quite low on deaths and as the test numbers go up, the percentage of death should go down....assuming the death count does not follow.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:47 pm I do not blame him one bit, as I posted earlier, this was more about avoiding mass chaos across the country...think looting.
Are you serious or joking? It seems like you're serious...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:47 pm I do not blame him one bit, as I posted earlier, this was more about avoiding mass chaos across the country...think looting.
Optimistic :D

Look at mainland China....their numbers have stayed quite steady after the peak, the number recovered keeps going up. Unless the JHU site is not updating any longer. China is currently at an 84% recovery rate, with certainly more still on the mend.
Last edited by youthathletics on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Oh, you mean like his ability to loot the treasury some more if he were to get elected again. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I’m old enough to remember when Trump wanted 2 Billion and Pelosi said he needed at least 8 Billion, and he said, okay, I’ll take it. Two weeks later he needs a Trillion bucks.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Look at mainland China....their numbers have stayed quite steady after the peak, the number recovered keeps going up. Unless the JHU site is not updating any longer. China is currently at an 84% recovery rate, with certainly more still on the mend.
youth, let's do this math again.

If 40% of 360 million Americans contract and 84% "recover", how many don't recover?
Of course, that's not the actual mortality, as we do expect closer to 98-99% to "recover".

But, yeah, 16% get seriously ill, need hospitalization in order to have best chance of survival.

And that 16% will overwhelm our system if we don't flatten the curve.

The Chinese did it with very draconian state-enforced means of "social distancing", forced quarantine of ill (no 'self-quarantining' if gov't knew). Drones enforcing, cameras everywhere.

But hey, its a democrat MSM 'hoax' to be concerned.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 pm

If 40% of 360 million Americans contract and 84% "recover", how many don't recover?
Of course, that's not the actual mortality, as we do expect closer to 98-99% to "recover".

But, yeah, 16% get seriously ill, need hospitalization in order to have best chance of survival.

The Chinese did it with very draconian state-enforced means of "social distancing", forced quarantine of ill (no 'self-quarantining' if gov't knew). Drones enforcing, cameras everywhere.

That recovery number is climbing in China and the contracted number is barely ticking up and the death rate as also barely ticking up. Point being.....the recovery rate is climbing daily.

Your math assumes the entire population.....as did your points earlier when I did the math based on 350 Millions in the USA.

Stay positive and find positive.
~Livy

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Not the top priority right now, but before the President pushes through enormous bailouts, I'd like to know his actual financial holdings and how much it will benefit him personally. Crazy, I know.“

Chris Hayes, msnbc

Oh, yeah, listen to these bs artists.

https://twitter.com/sarahlongwell25/sta ... 73734?s=21
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:30 pm

That recovery number is climbing in China and the contracted number is barely ticking up and the death rate as also barely ticking up. Point being.....the recovery rate is climbing daily.

Your math assumes the entire population.....as did your points earlier when I did the math based on 350 Millions in the USA.

This week you believe Chinese numbers? You know, numbers from the people who you complained about that wouldn’t let us in to help?
😇
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Look at the green line on the bottom right of the JHU site graphic. Is it going in the right direction? zactly, stop being a troll.
~Livy

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:36 pm

Way to go Dr. Carson, as the saying goes, his comments will age extremely well.
Ben Carsons saved more lives than you've had sandwiches.

I'm going to accept his recognition of Trumps character and good will.

Yours not so much.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:51 pm Look at the green line on the bottom right of the JHU site graphic. Is it going in the right direction? zactly, stop being a troll.
You trust the Chinese this week? Stop being a hypocrite.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:51 pm Look at the green line on the bottom right of the JHU site graphic. Is it going in the right direction? zactly, stop being a troll.
The green line is combined. #Troll "What is bad for America, is good for TLD"
~Livy

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

He's serious. The limbo these guys will go to to see normality where the rest of the world sees a raging amoral narcissist consumed only by his reelection is remarkable.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:54 pm
The green line is combined. #Troll "What is bad for America, is good for TLD"
Right now, the overall death rate is close to 4%. I am hoping that we come in under 1%. The lower the better. You still think the Chinese should have let us help them?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:04 pm
He's serious. The limbo these guys will go to to see normality where the rest of the world sees a raging amoral narcissist consumed only by his reelection is remarkable.
Lying and not accepting responsibility are admirable leadership qualities now.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

As I said earlier, I am optimistic and believe things will always turn out for the best in the long run. You hard core never trumpers want nothing but failure for our country, simply to justify your arguemnts. Vast difference in my approach, compared to the vas deferens approach. 8-)
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:30 pm

Nope, it ain't about staying positive.

It's recognizing how big the problem is if we allow it to spread, which it will throughout the population given no existing immunities and no vaccine.

Yes, the Chinese were able to put a lid on spread, through hugely draconian measures for several months, slowly easing back now. We're still putting out BS through TrumpNation that this is a 15 day problem!

As I said, in addition to the million + fatalities of already vulnerable population, the even bigger issue is if it overwhelms the healthcare system. An awful lot of suffering.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:34 pm
As I said earlier, I am optimistic and believe things will always turn out for the best in the long run. You hard core never trumpers want nothing but failure for our country, simply to justify your arguemnts. Vast difference in my approach, compared to the vas deferens approach. 8-)
Yeah, we just want "failure for our country". :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”