Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:47 am Baseball is messed up. Dick Allen was a superior ball player to almost all the clowns who runs their mouths.

Read Crash as a teenager and he became my favorite player I never saw play. Even met him once and paid for an autograph because he started doing that but when I got to him in the line I just shook his hand because that’s what he said he wanted

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... d.amp.html
I was fortunate to be in StL during Allen's one season as a Redbird & saw many of his games.
It was a tactical error for Gussie Busch to trade him because he had held out.
He had a good year & was appreciated by the StL fans.

https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2020/12/9/ ... dick-allen
Allen got his wish for a fresh start in St. Louis. When he arrived, he found a clubhouse ruled by Bob Gibson and a fanbase which welcomed his talents.

As Allen stepped to the plate for his first at-bat in St. Louis, the crowd greeted him with a 90-second standing ovation.

“I didn’t know how to react,” Allen said in his autobiography. “I’d been playing in anger with the boos for so long. I kept stepping in and out of the batter’s box. I tipped my hat once, but the cheers kept coming. I stepped out again and tipped my hat again. I was trying to keep my composure, but tears kept filling my eyes. All those angry seasons in Philadelphia had taken their toll, but the cheers made me feel like a teenager.

“Afterward one of the Cardinals writers told me that it was the most sustained ovation he’d ever heard in St. Louis. ‘You’d have thought Musial had come out of retirement’ is the way he put it.”

Allen put up his usual eye-popping numbers that season, posting a .279 / .377 / .560 slash line and 34 HRs. But his season essentially ended with a severe hamstring pull on August 25.

His holdout in spring training had likely already sealed his fate with Gussie Busch. Just after the season, he was traded - dumped, really - to the Dodgers for Ted Sizemore and Bob Stinson.

One year later, Busch would trade Steve Carlton in much the same manner. The 1970s were a rare low point for the Cardinals organization. Imagine what they could have been had ownership not dumped Dick Allen and Steve Carlton for simply demanding to be paid what they were worth? While the racial climate in St. Louis may have been much better than Philadelphia, baseball owners everywhere still clung to that reserve clause and the right to treat each player as, what Flood famously called, “a well-paid slave.”

In the opening pages of Dick Allen’s autobiography is a quote which, when you understand how the man lived his life, sums up Allen nicely:

To be nobody but myself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:12 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:47 am Baseball is messed up. Dick Allen was a superior ball player to almost all the clowns who runs their mouths.

Read Crash as a teenager and he became my favorite player I never saw play. Even met him once and paid for an autograph because he started doing that but when I got to him in the line I just shook his hand because that’s what he said he wanted

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... d.amp.html
I was fortunate to be in StL during Allen's one season as a Redbird & saw many of his games.
It was a tactical error for Gussie Busch to trade him because he had held out.
He had a good year & was appreciated by the StL fans.

https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2020/12/9/ ... dick-allen
Allen got his wish for a fresh start in St. Louis. When he arrived, he found a clubhouse ruled by Bob Gibson and a fanbase which welcomed his talents.

As Allen stepped to the plate for his first at-bat in St. Louis, the crowd greeted him with a 90-second standing ovation.

“I didn’t know how to react,” Allen said in his autobiography. “I’d been playing in anger with the boos for so long. I kept stepping in and out of the batter’s box. I tipped my hat once, but the cheers kept coming. I stepped out again and tipped my hat again. I was trying to keep my composure, but tears kept filling my eyes. All those angry seasons in Philadelphia had taken their toll, but the cheers made me feel like a teenager.

“Afterward one of the Cardinals writers told me that it was the most sustained ovation he’d ever heard in St. Louis. ‘You’d have thought Musial had come out of retirement’ is the way he put it.”

Allen put up his usual eye-popping numbers that season, posting a .279 / .377 / .560 slash line and 34 HRs. But his season essentially ended with a severe hamstring pull on August 25.

His holdout in spring training had likely already sealed his fate with Gussie Busch. Just after the season, he was traded - dumped, really - to the Dodgers for Ted Sizemore and Bob Stinson.

One year later, Busch would trade Steve Carlton in much the same manner. The 1970s were a rare low point for the Cardinals organization. Imagine what they could have been had ownership not dumped Dick Allen and Steve Carlton for simply demanding to be paid what they were worth? While the racial climate in St. Louis may have been much better than Philadelphia, baseball owners everywhere still clung to that reserve clause and the right to treat each player as, what Flood famously called, “a well-paid slave.”

In the opening pages of Dick Allen’s autobiography is a quote which, when you understand how the man lived his life, sums up Allen nicely:

To be nobody but myself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.
A travesty that he is not in the HOF by now (along with Gil Hodges). He is on the Golden Days Era Veterans Committee ballot scheduled for a vote in December and he should be a shoe-in for election. Too bad he passed on last December at 78. Hodges is on the same ballot and also deserves to be elected. Ditto for Minnie Minoso also deserves serious consideration by the same committee. Ditto for another Cardinal also on this ballot - Kenny Boyer.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:06 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:39 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:00 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dave- ... uxbndlbing

Dave Chappelle makes some observations that should not be just brushed off.
What do you believe his observation is?
I don't need to explain it. Mr Chappelle said it himself. Listen and judge for yourself. IMO he believes the LGBTQ community is light years ahead of black Americans on the road to being accepted. Mr Chappelle made an observation about the rapper I believed to be nothing short of brilliant. You can shoot a n****r dead and no one cares. You criticize the LGBTQ community and you quickly become a social outcast.
That’s your take? If you are black and fall into a LGBTQ classification you good?
My "take" is irrelevant. The issue is about what Dave Chappelle thinks about the issue. He made his own observations which you had no opinion on. I believe you are a fan of Mr Chappelle. What is YOUR opinion of what he said? Were you offended? Is Mr Chappelle a homophobe?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:04 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:00 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dave- ... uxbndlbing

I don't need to explain it. Mr Chappelle said it himself. Listen and judge for yourself. IMO he believes the LGBTQ community is light years ahead of black Americans on the road to being accepted. Mr Chappelle made an observation about the rapper I believed to be nothing short of brilliant. You can shoot a n****r dead and no one cares. You criticize the LGBTQ community and you quickly become a social outcast.
That’s your take? If you are black and fall into a LGBTQ classification you good?
My "take" is irrelevant. The issue is about what Dave Chappelle thinks about the issue. He made his own observations which you had no opinion on. I believe you are a fan of Mr Chappelle. What is YOUR opinion of what he said? Were you offended? Is Mr Chappelle a homophobe?
I am not offended and Dave isn’t a homophobe. I just wanted to see your understanding. Like I said, it’s probably something I have heard 100 time for groups beyond just the LGBTQ classification. Ask your friend that liked Sheriff Clarke.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:44 pm

I am not offended and Dave isn’t a homophobe. I just wanted to see your understanding. Like I said, it’s probably something I have heard 100 time for groups beyond just the LGBTQ classification. Ask your friend that liked Sheriff Clarke.
My understanding was Mr Chappelle was pointing out the preferential treatment given to the LGBTQ community ignoring centuries of inequities suffered by black Americans. I actually like Sheriff Clarke. He wore one bad ass uniform. He also, judging by the FLP folks on this forum was the wrong shade of black.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:44 pm

My understanding was Mr Chappelle was pointing out the preferential treatment given to the LGBTQ community ignoring centuries of inequities suffered by black Americans. I actually like Sheriff Clarke. He wore one bad ass uniform. He also, judging by the FLP folks on this forum was the wrong shade of black.
Thanks for clarifying your understanding. All the best.
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The “umbrella man” who was seen on video in Minneapolis smashing store windows with a sledgehammer and encouraging people to steal, has been identified as a person associated with the Aryan Cowboys — a white supremacist prison and street gang.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-helped-ig ... d=72051536

One can only imagine that this was a common practice in cities across USA that year.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:37 am The “umbrella man” who was seen on video in Minneapolis smashing store windows with a sledgehammer and encouraging people to steal, has been identified as a person associated with the Aryan Cowboys — a white supremacist prison and street gang.

One can only imagine that this was a common practice in cities across USA that year.
Clearly a subsidiary of antifa
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:59 am
CU88 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:37 am The “umbrella man” who was seen on video in Minneapolis smashing store windows with a sledgehammer and encouraging people to steal, has been identified as a person associated with the Aryan Cowboys — a white supremacist prison and street gang.

Clearly a subsidiary of antifa
And Black Lives Matter.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Jon Gruden has been fired…By Jon… :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Is anyone surprised? AND you can’t call the NFL commish and the president of the US a “nervous clueless pu55y” without consequences.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... y.amp.html
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:48 pm Is anyone surprised? AND you can’t call the NFL commish and the president of the US a “nervous clueless pu55y” without consequences.

Jon be out of a job! :lol: :lol: Maybe he can go on Oprah and Ellen… :lol: :lol: :lol:

John rich. He be alright.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Tough to “resign” and leave $60M+ on the table.

Again, the reactionary, fake, NFL knew about this for years. These emails have been floating around for a whole decade. And they were sent to owners and nfl execs. But they didn’t act until the NYT reported about it.

They don’t care about concussions and player safety. They dont care about BLM. They dont care about veterans. They don’t care about breast cancer. They don’t care about racist emails.

It’s all bs. They only care about perception. And this proves it. Once again.

PS- Lamar Jackson puts himself into the MVP lead with 500+ yards of individual offense in an OT win over the Colts.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:24 am Tough to “resign” and leave $60M+ on the table.

Again, the reactionary, fake, NFL knew about this for years. These emails have been floating around for a whole decade. And they were sent to owners and nfl execs. But they didn’t act until the NYT reported about it.

They don’t care about concussions and player safety. They dont care about BLM. They dont care about veterans. They don’t care about breast cancer. They don’t care about racist emails.

It’s all bs. They only care about perception. And this proves it. Once again.

PS- Lamar Jackson puts himself into the MVP lead with 500+ yards of individual offense in an OT win over the Colts.
I mean why can’t we prejudice the s**t out of those ungodly gays!

Not so sure. TB throws 99% of the time as of Brady’s like “yo, I want 6,000yds and 60tds this year so my wife won’t leave my fake hair fake teeth a**”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady

15,2,1,767 (and I cant stand the guy but he’s on my boy’s team who is 4-1)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I see him, for real!
It’s easier for Tom with all that talent they have down there. Crazy the amount of options- Evans, Godwin, AB, Fournette, Bernard, Brate, Gronk, OJ Howard. Tons of top flight proven receivers. Love how they built around him for a change. Much different than his time in NE, for the most part.

It caught my eye that Lamar had the highest completion percentage of ANY player who has ever thrown for 400 yards in a game. It’s happened 300 times in the NFL. And he completed something like 84%. To guys like James Procet, Devon Duvernet, mark andrews, TySon Williams, and Hollywood Brown? What the heck are those guys?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:52 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:48 pm Is anyone surprised? AND you can’t call the NFL commish and the president of the US a “nervous clueless pu55y” without consequences.

Jon be out of a job! :lol: :lol: Maybe he can go on Oprah and Ellen… :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not like anyone remotely with a clue about Gruden would already know how big an a-hole he was...and still is!!!
Walking away from a 10 year/$100 million contract with 6 years/$60 million left is the same as being terminated for cause on same contract.
Will be interesting to see how the Raiders respond especially after they tanked at home losing to Bears 20-9 Sunday.

What's really amazing is that Davis and the Raiders would pay that amount of $$$$$ to a mediocre coach with barely a career winning percentage who won a Super Bowl with a team already built to do so not because he was suhh a great coach. Methinks they forked over the cash to get a media personality to make them relevant again especially with the move to Vegas.

Also no surprise most of his conversations were with the largest gathering of front office d-bags in our Nation's Capital's NFL unnamed team.
Head jerk Danny Snyder runs a tight ship of jerk crew members to this very day.
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Makes him eligible to work at FOX, doesn’t it? He thrives on attention.
Typical Lax Dad

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:49 am

Makes him eligible to work at FOX, doesn’t it? He thrives on attention.
+1
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:44 am

It's not like anyone remotely with a clue about Gruden would already know how big an a-hole he was...and still is!!!
Walking away from a 10 year/$100 million contract with 6 years/$60 million left is the same as being terminated for cause on same contract.
Will be interesting to see how the Raiders respond especially after they tanked at home losing to Bears 20-9 Sunday.
A-hole is right….he was a big one in college.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So much for the Al Davis philosophy of "just win baby"
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”