All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

runrussellrun

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:08 am
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:56 am VAERS is a data collection effort to provide cases for potential investigation into vaccine-caused deaths - and as as such is only raw data of vaccination followed by death.

If someone dies of a brain aneurysm, for example, but have received the COVID-19 vaccine, it should be reported to VAERS. But that does not mean at all that the CAUSE of the death was attributable to the vaccine. Only if enough deaths of that same type IN EXCESS of the normal death rate for that direct cause of death would there be any reason to suspect that the vaccine might have contributed to the death.

I just checked and there are about 179 million fully vaccinated individuals in the US at this time. ~10K in VAERS is a death rate of about 0.0056%, and given that much less than that number might actually be attributed in part to the vaccine a hugely successful vaccine with an extremely low incidence of fatal effects.
... clearly doesn't understand the reason for VAERS existence. Typical.
This is an insult.......directed at whom ?

I love knowledge. Can you type and tell us why VAERS exists?

Any other platform that tracks side effects :roll: :roll: :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Does this mean that the vaccines are not junk or that the vaccines work?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:12 am "Died after receiving..."

"Died as a result of..."

Some brains see no difference whatsoever between the two.

Ice cream doesn't have bones...

Maybe implement a better side effect reporting database ?

Ice cream doesn't have bones.....is a direct attack on me. Something about "tone" ........ you ever reply without insults, geez.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:18 am
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:12 am "Died after receiving..."

"Died as a result of..."

Some brains see no difference whatsoever between the two.

Ice cream doesn't have bones...

Maybe implement a better side effect reporting database ?

Ice cream doesn't have bones.....is a direct attack on me. Something about "tone" ........ you ever reply without insults, geez.
when he does....they are memes.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:18 am
Don't recall you using question marks often......is that a genuine question. :lol: :lol:

The women in the picture......looks obese. Guessing at least 40 pounds overweight.

Of course covid vaccines work. That is why they are approved.

because you don't care that Obama had a maskless party........hugs and social distancing ignored......so, of course masks work. wear one. always. unless your rich....than do what you want.

Your Afghanie roommates......of course they are vaccinated. What about masks? Worn, indoors, yes? Boy oh boy, hopefully you don't catch them without a mask on. How do they eat?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

this means that an expert panel of scientists that may hold some sway or influence, much like the panel here at fanlax, concludes boosters are not needed now.

important as i guess friday the fda and policy makers will be looking at what to do here in u.s.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Rejoicing in the death of another human........could you be anymore callous.

The Q thing.......they want to stop sex trafficking of children. That is a bad thing?

Ummm......stay creepy, Q bashers.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:26 am
this means that an expert panel of scientists that may hold some sway or influence, much like the panel here at fanlax, concludes boosters are not needed now.

important as i guess friday the fda and policy makers will be looking at what to do here in u.s.
Maybe boosters will be prioritized for a segment of the population, if a need is determined. Personally, I was expecting something along the lines of the annual flu shot when this thing first started. We will see how it goes.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

2.8- 2,900,000 million people die in the us in a normal year. tragically, a percentage are kids but thankfully it's a small percentage.
so ~8,000 per day
with 63% of the adult/over 12 country fully vaxxed, that'd mean in a 3 week span, ~ 63% of 168,000 (106k) people would die after being fully vaxxed within those 3 weeks.
bump it up for elderly being 80-90% vaxxed and down for motorcycle deaths.

vaers is going to have a tough time figuring out what's worse than normal with reporting (6%) like that. and that's just 3 weeks. how long they been keeping vaers?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... za/620044/

Former FDA head Gottleib on how we will need to deal with endemic COVID in addition to seasonal flu.
Typical Lax Dad

Not sure why folks are worked up about boosters (other than trying to get the planet covered first).
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:39 am
wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:26 am

Maybe boosters will be prioritized for a segment of the population, if a need is determined. Personally, I was expecting something along the lines of the annual flu shot when this thing first started. We will see how it goes.
... looks more and more likely until we can kill this thing off, if that is even possible after delta. Looks like mu is not going to replace delta. Delta is a fierce competitor.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I can not imagine doing that as a career. Kudos to those that do.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:36 am
Rejoicing in the death of another human........could you be anymore callous.

The Q thing.......they want to stop sex trafficking of children. That is a bad thing?

Ummm......stay creepy, Q bashers.
... right, that's what I did. :roll: :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:46 am

Not sure why folks are worked up about boosters (other than trying to get the planet covered first).
the only time I ever got the flu......you guessed it ...was after getting the shot.

Offers some sort of false impression that one is safe, eh ?

Guess it was you in Hanover, a few years back, wearing a mask in that burger joint.

Why get the flu shot, if you never leave your house ? You gonna require your roomies to get the Flu shoot too ?
Bart

Post by Bart »

tech37 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:13 am Boys more at risk from Pfizer jab side-effect than Covid, suggests study

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ests-study
VAERS was not set up to produce data to analyze like this. It was set up to serve as a signal for further investigation. RRR has pointed out over and over that it is a voluntary system that anyone can report to. (I will agree with RRR that there should have been a mandatory system set up prior to administration of the vaccine). The purpose of VAERS is to monitor the potential for adverse events. The passive nature of the system is its strength but also its weakness when dealing with a situation like this. Once the appearance of a "signal" the data is then looked at to garner weather the submission is factual or not. The system is set up to generate testable hypotheses.

Here are two posts that discuss this article.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/peer-r ... ster-dive/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/dumpst ... tivaxxers/

These people are decidedly pro-vaccine so call them hit pieces if you care, that is up to the individual reader to decide. What they do speak to is how the VAERS system is often used beyond what it was supposed to be used for.

Return to “POLITICS”