Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
hmmm

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by hmmm »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:46 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:53 pm
Laxinfordays wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:31 pm I think Syracuse had a ridiculous roster this year only because of all of the seniors returning. The year before I don’t believe it was over 40 but I could be wrong. With the ACC role of only traveling 32 players I think it would be easier for coaches to keep a smaller roster I don’t think anybody enjoys leaving girls behind. As far as the comment by cage keeper. I don’t think it was exclusive to Syracuse. There is so many teams that recruit all Americans to end up not panning out
Good points and without a doubt true for all teams who sign All-American's who don't pan out. However, Cagekeeper did use the word "nepotism" in reference to Syracuse. And as Casey Stengel was wont to say, "You could look it up."

Ah Cagekeeper--you have intrigued the group. Who are you? Where are you from? What is your background? You have become a mysterious figure. I think you're a former goaltender who played women's lacrosse in the not too distant past. But tis all speculation...and we await (some with bated breath [me]) your response to the earlier questions about your use of the word nepotism...
Agreed about the roster thing. Did any other team return 10 or so players? That was kind of crazy. Unfinished biz I suppose. Pretty damn close to doing it
Ahh. The nepotism comment. Isn’t there nepotism everywhere. Jobs. Sports. Who you know not what you know etc. maybe the Canadian connection? There’s a lot of mt Sinai girls and coach? They love the sister sister thing. I think they had 3 or 4 this year? And I think there are girls who had sibs pass thru prior.
Maybe cagekeeper plays(Ed) there. I am excited to see how kimber steps up now thats she’s prob the front runner. Which i would assume doesn’t sit well with the current goalies. But. Winning is the goal
The Sweitzer twins are coming to Cuse as well so not so sure Kimber is the front runner. Delaney is really good. A bit surprised she’d leave USC for Cuse since they already brought in Kimber. I doubt Kimber is happy about it. This is the kind of stuff people are talking about though.
OuttaNowhereWregget

We were talking about roster sizes

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Thought I'd do a quick survey of random teams from all 17 conferences:

'21 or '22 roster sizes

Louisville '22 (38)
Hofstra '21 (32)
Rutgers '21 (37)
St. Joes '21 (34)
Vandy '21 (35)
UConn '21 (38)
Cornell '22 (32)
Colorado '21 (36)
Lehigh '21 (28)
Quinnipiac '21 (29)
High Point '21 (34)
Stony Brook '22 (40)
Kennesaw St '22 (34)
Akron '21 (27)
Fresno St '21 (23)
LIU '21 (44)
Wofford '21 (24)

565 div by 17 = 33
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:23 am The Sweitzer twins are coming to Cuse as well so not so sure Kimber is the front runner. Delaney is really good. A bit surprised she’d leave USC for Cuse since they already brought in Kimber. I doubt Kimber is happy about it. This is the kind of stuff people are talking about though.
The Sweitzer twins aka the Twin Towers (both 5' 9"). That's (sorry) big news. Especially in goal. Unless I'm missing something, Syracuse is now slated to have 6 GK's on the roster: Sweitzer, Hower, Avery, Van Middelem, Paulson and Concordia. Sweitzer has 4" on Hower and will fill more of the net obviously, but as we all know, size doesn't determine ability as Megan Taylor demonstrated a few years back. Should be interesting. Coach Treanor might already have a goaltender controversy stewing. I doubt Sweitzer transferred to Orangeland to sit on the bench. She enters her junior year in '22. She wasn't the starter last year at USC seeing action in 3 total and started one game. Hower also enters her junior year and saw action in 7 games last year. Someone from the other 4 goalies will have to stand on their heads to distinguish themselves above Sweitzer and Hower.
Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:50 am
hmmm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:23 am The Sweitzer twins are coming to Cuse as well so not so sure Kimber is the front runner. Delaney is really good. A bit surprised she’d leave USC for Cuse since they already brought in Kimber. I doubt Kimber is happy about it. This is the kind of stuff people are talking about though.
The Sweitzer twins aka the Twin Towers (both 5' 9"). That's (sorry) big news. Especially in goal. Unless I'm missing something, Syracuse is now slated to have 6 GK's on the roster: Sweitzer, Hower, Avery, Van Middelem, Paulson and Concordia. Sweitzer has 4" on Hower and will fill more of the net obviously, but as we all know, size doesn't determine ability as Megan Taylor demonstrated a few years back. Should be interesting. Coach Treanor might already have a goaltender controversy stewing. I doubt Sweitzer transferred to Orangeland to sit on the bench. She enters her junior year in '22. She wasn't the starter last year at USC seeing action in 3 total and started one game. Hower also enters her junior year and saw action in 7 games last year. Someone from the other 4 goalies will have to stand on their heads to distinguish themselves above Sweitzer and Hower.
Concordia transferred out. She is now at Saint Joe’s. Smart move on that girls part in my opinion. That still leaves five goalies which is a ridiculous amount. I wonder if the Kimber transfer was in place before Gary’s move
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxinfordays wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:49 am
Concordia transferred out. She is now at Saint Joe’s. Smart move on that girls part in my opinion. That still leaves five goalies which is a ridiculous amount. I wonder if the Kimber transfer was in place before Gary’s move
Oh now that’s an interesting thought! What would your guess be?
Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:27 am
Laxinfordays wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:49 am
Oh now that’s an interesting thought! What would your guess be?
My guess is yes. And I am not sure but I think it’s not an overnight thing to transfer. I imagine it takes time for all the pieces to fit. I was curious about the Harvard transfer as well. Kt did coach there. But player is from Cuse and went to cba which gg has a connection to. So I wonder whose transfer she is. I feel bad for the current goalies. But the ultimate goal is to win. And these two transfers look to be the ticket
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

I noticed Erin Bakes isn’t on the 2022 USC roster. Wonder if she’s transferring too. Any news?
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxstan8 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:13 pm I noticed Erin Bakes isn’t on the 2022 USC roster. Wonder if she’s transferring too. Any news?
Think she’s catching the Syracuse shuttle too...?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Ashley Chisholm transfers from High Point to Ohio St

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

I thought there would be a good volume of transfers given the transfer portal and additional year because of covid, but had no idea it would be this many. There are a lot more that I'm hearing about from my D, not necessarily big names and no announcements, but nice players taking a 5th year elsewhere. Maybe someone can create a tracker or something?? ;)
OuttaNowhereWregget

8meterPA wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:59 pm I thought there would be a good volume of transfers given the transfer portal and additional year because of covid, but had no idea it would be this many. There are a lot more that I'm hearing about from my D, not necessarily big names and no announcements, but nice players taking a 5th year elsewhere. Maybe someone can create a tracker or something?? ;)
I thought that's what we had in this topic--unless I'm misunderstanding, which is entirely possible. Oh--do you mean just for the 5th years transferring to another program for their final year?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:07 pm
8meterPA wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:59 pm I thought there would be a good volume of transfers given the transfer portal and additional year because of covid, but had no idea it would be this many. There are a lot more that I'm hearing about from my D, not necessarily big names and no announcements, but nice players taking a 5th year elsewhere. Maybe someone can create a tracker or something?? ;)
I thought that's what we had in this topic--unless I'm misunderstanding, which is entirely possible. Oh--do you mean just for the 5th years transferring to another program for their final year?
more like a list for all transfers that is updated from time to time - otherwise I scroll back through the postings.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Still one more big name from the ACC …grad student …announcement coming soon ;)
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:17 pm
Spill the beans
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

Andie Aldave to Maryland possibly??? ;) :P
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

staying within the ACC or going to different conference? Attack, MF, or Goalie?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Nobody from BC, Syracuse or Carolina--right?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:22 pm
Patience grasshopper …
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:51 pm
Patience grasshopper …
You're loving this, aren't you Laxfan...

Here's a partial list of some of the grad students (I think)

ND - Maddie Howe; Bridget Deehan
Duke - Katie Cosgrove; Abby Landry; Katie Cronin; Cat Barry
Virginia - Ashlyn McGovern; Annie Dyson; Lillie Kloak
Syracuse - Sam Swart; Grace Fahey
Carolina - Ortega; Wood; Mastroianni; Scottie Rose Growney; Trenchard; Moreno
Louisville - Blalocks (Caroline, Sarah); Rachel Florek; Shayla Scanlan
Virginia Tech - Emma Crooks; Angie Benson; Sarah Lubnow; Reilly Reed
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:52 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:51 pm
Patience grasshopper …
You're loving this, aren't you Laxfan...

Here's a partial list of some of the grad students (I think)

ND - Maddie Howe; Bridget Deehan
Duke - Katie Cosgrove; Abby Landry; Katie Cronin; Cat Barry
Virginia - Ashlyn McGovern; Annie Dyson; Lillie Kloak
Syracuse - Sam Swart; Grace Fahey
Carolina - Ortega; Wood; Mastroianni; Scottie Rose Growney; Trenchard; Moreno
Louisville - Blalocks (Caroline, Sarah); Rachel Florek; Shayla Scanlan
Virginia Tech - Emma Crooks; Angie Benson; Sarah Lubnow; Reilly Reed
I do love a little intrigue ;)
Above names….nope

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”