Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cagekeeper

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by Cagekeeper »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:13 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:19 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:30 pm Formerly of Drexel, Cara Moreau transfers to Villanova. I wonder how many more of these will be on the horizon?
Not sure but there will definitely be more.
Heard a huge ACC transfer...
In or out?
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

hmmm wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:09 pm
Cagekeeper wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:39 pm
8meterPA wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:34 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:21 am Madison McKee from LaSalle University to University of Louisville.

Remember this name. A very hidden gem with a ton of talent.
;) ;)
I would love to see Louisville improve. With Pitt coming in should be an interesting year
The Pitt commits smoked the Louisville commits this weekend in Philly. Louisville had a rough weekend overall losing all their games including one to Delaware.
I have a Pitt player in my
Family. Looking forward to a good season. They’ll be better than expected
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:30 pm Formerly of Drexel, Cara Moreau transfers to Villanova. I wonder how many more of these will be on the horizon?
--Last year eligible ACC transfer?
--Early in her collegiate career wanting to get in on the ground floor ACC transfer?
--Something else ACC transfer?
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Alex Marino from Cuse headed to Denver
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

I was specifically talking Drexel to Nova because of the coaching change, but your info is much more intriguing
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

hmmm wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:09 pm
Cagekeeper wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:39 pm
8meterPA wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:34 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:21 am Madison McKee from LaSalle University to University of Louisville.

Remember this name. A very hidden gem with a ton of talent.
;) ;)
I would love to see Louisville improve. With Pitt coming in should be an interesting year
The Pitt commits smoked the Louisville commits this weekend in Philly. Louisville had a rough weekend overall losing all their games including one to Delaware.
I would take those results with a grain of salt, meaning a team comprised of mostly incoming Pitt freshman beating a team comprised of several Louisville commits doesn't necessarily translate into Pitt being 2-0 vs Louisville next season.

Having said that, curious how Pitt will do next year given their team has 14 grad and senior transfers. I would put the over/under of ACC wins at 2 in their first year. I assume they will schedule very beatable teams for out of conference schedule so put total wins at 6 which would be excellent for a 1st year team.
OuttaNowhereWregget

glaxer24 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:20 pm Alex Marino from Cuse headed to Denver
I suspect she didn't anticipate much playing time in her future in Orangeland. In her time there thus far, that may be a good guess. Tis the sad plight of many on lacrosse teams in D1, and probably in all women's lacrosse. I remember visiting in the stands amongst the BC faithful before that Frigid game in February at UMass in 2020. There was one mom who was understandably sad and slightly bitter that her daughter had never seen the field in her 3 years with BC. I'm sure there are many such cases. Much success to Ms. Marino. I hope she gets more playing time in her last two years.

OuttaNowhereWregget

8meterPA wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:45 pm
Cagekeeper wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:39 pm I would love to see Louisville improve. With Pitt coming in should be an interesting year
...curious how Pitt will do next year given their team has 14 grad and senior transfers. I would put the over/under of ACC wins at 2 in their first year. I assume they will schedule very beatable teams for out of conference schedule so put total wins at 6 which would be excellent for a 1st year team.

I imagine the Panthers will get more than a few goals from incoming grad student Paige Petty. We'll see how the other transfers mesh with all the incoming first years. https://pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/w ... sse/roster

Looking forward to seeing a new team in the ACC out there, and Molly Carter, who I always liked from her early days with the Cuse.

Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:41 am
I suspect she didn't anticipate much playing time in her future in Orangeland. In her time there thus far, that may be a good guess. Tis the sad plight of many on lacrosse teams in D1, and probably in all women's lacrosse. I remember visiting in the stands amongst the BC faithful before that Frigid game in February at UMass in 2020. There was one mom who was understandably sad and slightly bitter that her daughter had never seen the field in her 3 years with BC. I'm sure there are many such cases. Much success to Ms. Marino. I hope she gets more playing time in her last two years.

So many players come in as all Americans and go out as benchwarmers. It’s sad actually because from what I understand Alex was a pretty good player who just like so many didn’t get the opportunity there. Transferring as a senior shows that she wants more for herself. She could’ve easily just graduated and gone on her way like so many. I do believe that Brendan Currys sister left Cuse as a freshman and went to Denver. I don’t know if they know each other personally but it could be fun to watch
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cagekeeper wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:29 am

So many players come in as all Americans and go out as benchwarmers. It’s sad actually because from what I understand Alex was a pretty good player who just like so many didn’t get the opportunity there. Transferring as a senior shows that she wants more for herself. She could’ve easily just graduated and gone on her way like so many. I do believe that Brendan Currys sister left Cuse as a freshman and went to Denver. I don’t know if they know each other personally but it could be fun to watch
Curious what you mean by “just like so many didn’t get the opportunity there”?
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:39 am

I am curious as well as Ms/Mrs/Mr Cagekeeper has indicated this several time previously. I believe at one point using the term nepotism? It would be helpful if this poster would expand on this string of thought as it is not the first time she/he has made similar claims.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:25 am

I am curious as well as Ms/Mrs/Mr Cagekeeper has indicated this several time previously. I believe at one point using the term nepotism? It would be helpful if this poster would expand on this string of thought as it is not the first time she/he has made similar claims.
This would probably be more relevant/appropriate on the Cuse thread, but the comments by Cagekeeper, seacoaster, & Bart lead me to the thought. Syracuse has typically kept what one would call an unusually and maybe unnecessarily large roster, usually in the mid 40s-50 max. They aren't the only ones, NU's roster is usually around that size as well.

But I wonder if Kayla Treanor will keep the roster that large or seek to slim it down to wear most other teams keep them (mid-30s to 40). We've talked a lot on the forum recently about cultivating team culture and balancing different personalities, and having that many on the roster can't make that easier (or maybe it can, what do I know?). Those roster sizes are what KT went through the Cuse program with, so maybe she'll keep it and understands benefits to it that I clearly don't, but maybe she'll make a gradual change to the size of the roster over time.

It can be easier for kids to get lost in the shuffle/depth chart especially if there's injury or illness on teams with larger rosters. This is what I thought Cagekeeper might have been getting at, but since nepotism was mentioned, it isn't really relevant.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Grad Megan Gordon transfers from Northwestern to Virginia. Read all about it:

https://virginiasports.com/news/2021/07 ... an-gordon/
Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:52 am
Bart wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:25 am

This would probably be more relevant/appropriate on the Cuse thread, but the comments by Cagekeeper, seacoaster, & Bart lead me to the thought. Syracuse has typically kept what one would call an unusually and maybe unnecessarily large roster, usually in the mid 40s-50 max. They aren't the only ones, NU's roster is usually around that size as well.

But I wonder if Kayla Treanor will keep the roster that large or seek to slim it down to wear most other teams keep them (mid-30s to 40). We've talked a lot on the forum recently about cultivating team culture and balancing different personalities, and having that many on the roster can't make that easier (or maybe it can, what do I know?). Those roster sizes are what KT went through the Cuse program with, so maybe she'll keep it and understands benefits to it that I clearly don't, but maybe she'll make a gradual change to the size of the roster over time.

It can be easier for kids to get lost in the shuffle/depth chart especially if there's injury or illness on teams with larger rosters. This is what I thought Cagekeeper might have been getting at, but since nepotism was mentioned, it isn't really relevant.
I think Syracuse had a ridiculous roster this year only because of all of the seniors returning. The year before I don’t believe it was over 40 but I could be wrong. With the ACC role of only traveling 32 players I think it would be easier for coaches to keep a smaller roster I don’t think anybody enjoys leaving girls behind. As far as the comment by cage keeper. I don’t think it was exclusive to Syracuse. There is so many teams that recruit all Americans to end up not panning out
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxinfordays wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:31 pm I think Syracuse had a ridiculous roster this year only because of all of the seniors returning. The year before I don’t believe it was over 40 but I could be wrong. With the ACC role of only traveling 32 players I think it would be easier for coaches to keep a smaller roster I don’t think anybody enjoys leaving girls behind. As far as the comment by cage keeper. I don’t think it was exclusive to Syracuse. There is so many teams that recruit all Americans to end up not panning out
Good points and without a doubt true for all teams who sign All-American's who don't pan out. However, Cagekeeper did use the word "nepotism" in reference to Syracuse. And as Casey Stengel was wont to say, "You could look it up."

Ah Cagekeeper--you have intrigued the group. Who are you? Where are you from? What is your background? You have become a mysterious figure. I think you're a former goaltender who played women's lacrosse in the not too distant past. But tis all speculation...and we await (some with bated breath [me]) your response to the earlier questions about your use of the word nepotism...
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:53 pm
Laxinfordays wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:31 pm I think Syracuse had a ridiculous roster this year only because of all of the seniors returning. The year before I don’t believe it was over 40 but I could be wrong. With the ACC role of only traveling 32 players I think it would be easier for coaches to keep a smaller roster I don’t think anybody enjoys leaving girls behind. As far as the comment by cage keeper. I don’t think it was exclusive to Syracuse. There is so many teams that recruit all Americans to end up not panning out
Good points and without a doubt true for all teams who sign All-American's who don't pan out. However, Cagekeeper did use the word "nepotism" in reference to Syracuse. And as Casey Stengel was wont to say, "You could look it up."

Ah Cagekeeper--you have intrigued the group. Who are you? Where are you from? What is your background? You have become a mysterious figure. I think you're a former goaltender who played women's lacrosse in the not too distant past. But tis all speculation...and we await (some with bated breath [me]) your response to the earlier questions about your use of the word nepotism...
Agreed about the roster thing. Did any other team return 10 or so players? That was kind of crazy. Unfinished biz I suppose. Pretty damn close to doing it
Ahh. The nepotism comment. Isn’t there nepotism everywhere. Jobs. Sports. Who you know not what you know etc. maybe the Canadian connection? There’s a lot of mt Sinai girls and coach? They love the sister sister thing. I think they had 3 or 4 this year? And I think there are girls who had sibs pass thru prior.
Maybe cagekeeper plays(Ed) there. I am excited to see how kimber steps up now thats she’s prob the front runner. Which i would assume doesn’t sit well with the current goalies. But. Winning is the goal
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxinfordays wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:31 pm
I think Syracuse had a ridiculous roster this year only because of all of the seniors returning. The year before I don’t believe it was over 40 but I could be wrong. With the ACC role of only traveling 32 players I think it would be easier for coaches to keep a smaller roster I don’t think anybody enjoys leaving girls behind. As far as the comment by cage keeper. I don’t think it was exclusive to Syracuse. There is so many teams that recruit all Americans to end up not panning out
39 in 2020
35 in 2019
43 in 2018
42 in 2017
51 in 2016
49 in 2015
44 in 2014
41 in 2013

I may have overshot my guestimates of mid 40s-50 slightly, especially for NU, which I also went back and counted, but regardless of the actual number my point was that they've had some abnormally large rosters on somewhat of a consistent basis. Cuse's roster seems to have slimmed whether by GG's doing or by players deciding to quit or transfer, but they were definitely larger when KT was there ('13-'16)
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:11 pm
Laxinfordays wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:31 pm
39 in 2020
35 in 2019
43 in 2018
42 in 2017
51 in 2016
49 in 2015
44 in 2014
41 in 2013

I may have overshot my guestimates of mid 40s-50 slightly, especially for NU, which I also went back and counted, but regardless of the actual number my point was that they've had some abnormally large rosters on somewhat of a consistent basis. Cuse's roster seems to have slimmed whether by GG's doing or by players deciding to quit or transfer, but they were definitely larger when KT was there ('13-'16)
And 46 in '21. I think you were spot on, wlaxphan. '19 and '20 were aberrations.

https://cuse.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Again, I’m not trying to unmask Cagekeeper. I am interested in the pretty plain implication in his posts — the most recent about this Bryn Mawr kid — that some recruits at Syracuse don’t get an opportunity. Marino played in six games, and presumably practiced every day. So, I’m a little confused. Cagekeeper, care to elaborate?
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:50 pm Again, I’m not trying to unmask Cagekeeper. I am interested in the pretty plain implication in his posts — the most recent about this Bryn Mawr kid — that some recruits at Syracuse don’t get an opportunity. Marino played in six games, and presumably practiced every day. So, I’m a little confused. Cagekeeper, care to elaborate?
I'm being facetious. I'm not expecting an answer to the questions I posed but I do find Cagekeeper intriguing. CK has made some interesting comments, having joined just a few months back in March yet participating for the first time in mid May. CK also called BC over Carolina.

Okay--I'll quit banging the drum for Cagekeeper now.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”