2021 Tewaaraton watch list released

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Can Opener

Re: 2021 Tewaaraton watch list released

Post by Can Opener »

Lax247 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:09 am
Lax247 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:03 am
Can Opener wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:02 am Here are a few stats from the top four Tewaaraton finalists' performances over the weekend.

North - Team wins over Fairfield (19-6) and Temple (21-11)
15G 0A 71.4%SH 0TO 2CT 22DC 65.5%TeamDC

Scane - Team win over Denver 19-4
8G 3A 57%SH 2TO 0CT 1DC

Ortega - Team win over JMU 14-9
4G 0A 44%SH 2TO 0CT 0DC

Moreno Team win over JMU 14-9
9SV 9GA 50%SV

That is my order on who had the best weekend making her case for the Tewy. North vs. Scane is really close, but I think North gets the edge because of DCs, shot % and lack of TOs. As a goalie, Moreno really needs to do something extraordinary to pass CN and IS. Having said that, her path to the Tewy (hate to say it) probably involves JO continuing to put up so-so numbers and then standing on her head in the championship game against NU. So in that sense, it was a good start for TM.

If you need more evidence on why CN had the better weekend, check out the highlights below. Yes, Izzy scores a lot of goals, but I have never seen her do anything like this:
https://twitter.com/BCwlax/status/13939 ... 08548?s=20
https://twitter.com/BCwlax/status/13940 ... 47587?s=20
https://twitter.com/BCwlax/status/13932 ... 91810?s=20
Slow your roll look at the teams BC played...Give me a break. I love that its always the highlight reels lol, its all about Charlotte and not the team. Im glad you said team win for Scane, Ortega, and Moreno, because its about the team and gutty performances and getting the win. Tewaarton is an individual award but if you dont think the committee looks at how much an individual's performance means to the TEAM you are maybe a bit misguided.
Did you watch the UNC-JMU game, Ortega hit 3 times which is par for the course.....shes a Dif player than North - thats for sure. And thats why she got attacker of the year....and not North.
When you catch your breath and take a break from jabbing knitting needles into a voodoo doll wearing a number 8 jersey, please answer these two questions. 1. What is your evidence that North is selfish and all about herself not the team? 2. Who had the more impressive performance this weekend, North or Ortega? Again, evidence, not eye tests, please. JO and IS are terrific and admirable players. I don’t need to trash them to like CN’s performance a little bit more. I am truly baffled as to why others can’t show the same dignity and respect. BTW, were you able to find that little jersey online or did you have to sew it yourself with felt from Michael’s?
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Can Opener wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:59 am
Can Opener wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:02 am Here are a few stats from the top four Tewaaraton finalists' performances over the weekend.

8G 3A 57%SH 2TO 0CT 1DC

4G 0A 44%SH 2TO 0CT 0DC

9SV 9GA 50%SV

That is my order on who had the best weekend making her case for the Tewy. North vs. Scane is really close, but I think North gets the edge because of DCs, shot % and lack of TOs. As a goalie, Moreno really needs to do something extraordinary to pass CN and IS. Having said that, her path to the Tewy (hate to say it) probably involves JO continuing to put up so-so numbers and then standing on her head in the championship game against NU. So in that sense, it was a good start for TM.

If you need more evidence on why CN had the better weekend, check out the highlights below. Yes, Izzy scores a lot of goals, but I have never seen her do anything like this:
Slow your roll look at the teams BC played...Give me a break. I love that its always the highlight reels lol, its all about Charlotte and not the team. Im glad you said team win for Scane, Ortega, and Moreno, because its about the team and gutty performances and getting the win. Tewaarton is an individual award but if you dont think the committee looks at how much an individual's performance means to the TEAM you are maybe a bit misguided.
Did you watch the UNC-JMU game, Ortega hit 3 times which is par for the course.....shes a Dif player than North - thats for sure. And thats why she got attacker of the year....and not North.
When you catch your breath and take a break from jabbing knitting needles into a voodoo doll wearing a number 8 jersey, please answer these two questions. 1. What is your evidence that North is selfish and all about herself not the team? 2. Who had the more impressive performance this weekend, North or Ortega? Again, evidence, not eye tests, please. JO and IS are terrific and admirable players. I don’t need to trash them to like CN’s performance a little bit more. I am truly baffled as to why others can’t show the same dignity and respect. BTW, were you able to find that little jersey online or did you have to sew it yourself with felt from Michael’s?
When you celebrate scoring a goal against a (much) weaker team like you just won the natty it speaks to me more about the individual and less about the team. What were those teams ranked that BC dismantled . Easy to score goals against weak opponents . I’d say it’s not about scoring 8 goals in a blow out but maybe scoring goals to secure the win in a tougher match when maybe your team isn’t playing their best. So I’d go with Ortega .
DMac

Post by DMac »

While you might not like her celebrations, 247, there is absolutely no denying the force that CN is on a lacrosse field.
I don't care who she's playing, this girl has skills and a competitive spirit (which turns many off) like few others.
If I were voting I'd have to vote for her, I just don't see any single player being as dominant as she is (I've seen very
little of Izzie).
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Can Opener wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:59 am

8G 3A 57%SH 2TO 0CT 1DC

4G 0A 44%SH 2TO 0CT 0DC

9SV 9GA 50%SV

OK. The “felt from Michael’s” line made me laugh out loud. If BC makes the final four, Charlotte has a shot. I really like JO’s game and grit, but UNC wins without her. BC? Without North they are a good team, but nothing like the top three or four club they are now.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8G 3A 57%SH 2TO 0CT 1DC

4G 0A 44%SH 2TO 0CT 0DC

9SV 9GA 50%SV

Slow your roll look at the teams BC played...Give me a break.
Excellent point. Gotta factor that in CO...
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Can Opener wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:59 am 1. What is your evidence that North is selfish and all about herself not the team?
It’s high time we had an answer for this—not just more cryptic crap. You either have the goods or you don’t, Lax247...
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Cletus wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:46 am
Can Opener wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:59 am 1. What is your evidence that North is selfish and all about herself not the team?
It’s high time we had an answer for this—not just more cryptic crap. You either have the goods or you don’t, Lax247...
Im certainly not going to go into what assistant coaches or other players have said through various people to me.... Lets just leave it as my opinion that thats how she plays the game. I guess I must be the only one who thinks this. Thats ok - I can live with that.
Ive never said shes not talented I just don't like her style of play. Luckily we can voice our opinions on this forum. ;)
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Lax247 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:06 pm
Cletus wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:46 am
Im certainly not going to go into what assistant coaches or other players have said through various people to me.... Lets just leave it as my opinion that thats how she plays the game. I guess I must be the only one who thinks this. Thats ok - I can live with that.
Ive never said shes not talented I just don't like her style of play. Luckily we can voice our opinions on this forum. ;)
It's the Charlotte North show and BC feeds right into with how much they promote her over the team.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Brownlax wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:47 pm It's the Charlotte North show and BC feeds right into with how much they promote her over the team.
How many BC games have you watched this year? I mean, really watched?
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

I can agree on one thing with the #countless crowd, the BC social media crew is much better than its peers. BC would never post something this tacky. Again, no disrespect to Izzy. Love that kid's game. The fact that BC posts highlight videos on Instagram and Twitter (of ALL its goal scorers) is not evidence of a selfish player. The wooden stick/no shot clock era just called. They want their last two supporters back.
Attachments
IMG_4744.jpg
IMG_4744.jpg (99.83 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Can Opener wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:46 pm I can agree on one thing with the #countless crowd, the BC social media crew is much better than its peers. BC would never post something this tacky. Again, no disrespect to Izzy. Love that kid's game. The fact that BC posts highlight videos on Instagram and Twitter (of ALL its goal scorers) is not evidence of a selfish player. The wooden stick/no shot clock era just called. They want their last two supporters back.
I've been on the Scane train this year, but it does feel a bit like a Hesiman campaign. Anyway, I noticed that she tends to take a lot of shots, I mean a lot. So looked it up - https://www.ncaa.com/stats/lacrosse-wom ... idual/1161 - averaging 12.50 shots per game, so has 175 already with only 14 games played. Next closest is 9.71 shots per game.

I couldn't figure out what the D1 wlax record is for shots/game for the season but have to imagine 12.50 may be in the top 5?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:40 pm
Can Opener wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:46 pm I can agree on one thing with the #countless crowd, the BC social media crew is much better than its peers. BC would never post something this tacky. Again, no disrespect to Izzy. Love that kid's game. The fact that BC posts highlight videos on Instagram and Twitter (of ALL its goal scorers) is not evidence of a selfish player. The wooden stick/no shot clock era just called. They want their last two supporters back.
I've been on the Scane train this year, but it does feel a bit like a Hesiman campaign. Anyway, I noticed that she tends to take a lot of shots, I mean a lot. So looked it up - https://www.ncaa.com/stats/lacrosse-wom ... idual/1161 - averaging 12.50 shots per game, so has 175 already with only 14 games played. Next closest is 9.71 shots per game.

I couldn't figure out what the D1 wlax record is for shots/game for the season but have to imagine 12.50 may be in the top 5?
I haven't looked but it might be in here, Pennsylvania.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/LAX_Recor ... 1Women.pdf
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Lax247 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:06 pm Im certainly not going to go into what assistant coaches or other players have said through various people to me.... Lets just leave it as my opinion that thats how she plays the game. I guess I must be the only one who thinks this. Thats ok - I can live with that.
Well, let me ask you this then--are folks saying that about her days at Duke only? Have you heard those same reports since she's arrived at BC? Have you heard the same things about her this year?

I'm not sure what your intention is in continually bringing her up to trash and discredit her. Does she owe you money? Did she take a spot that you thought should go to someone else? Was she dismissive when you tried to talk to her once?

I've seen a change in North's game from just last year to this. She doesn't force her shots anymore. She knows she can pass to any number of her teammates who are very talented and getting more proficient at scoring as the games go by. Selena Lasota used to try to force her shots when they weren't there and it would drive me crazy. North doesn't do that--she looks to pass if she's being covered well. Style is style--I can't argue with you on that.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:28 am I really like JO’s game and grit, but UNC wins without her.
Cain't go along with you on this--if you mean, win the whole thing, that is. Ortega is a lot of things for that team apart from scoring. I've seen her get that determined look on her face in close games and is often the difference. You could look it up.

Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Cletus wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:54 pm
Lax247 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:06 pm Im certainly not going to go into what assistant coaches or other players have said through various people to me.... Lets just leave it as my opinion that thats how she plays the game. I guess I must be the only one who thinks this. Thats ok - I can live with that.
Well, let me ask you this then--are folks saying that about her days at Duke only? Have you heard those same reports since she's arrived at BC? Have you heard the same things about her this year?

I'm not sure what your intention is in continually bringing her up to trash and discredit her. Does she owe you money? Did she take a spot that you thought should go to someone else? Was she dismissive when you tried to talk to her once?

I've seen a change in North's game from just last year to this. She doesn't force her shots anymore. She knows she can pass to any number of her teammates who are very talented and getting more proficient at scoring as the games go by. Selena Lasota used to try to force her shots when they weren't there and it would drive me crazy. North doesn't do that--she looks to pass if she's being covered well. Style is style--I can't argue with you on that.
I think "trash and discredit" is a bit harsh...if someone (CO) brings her up and her "performance" in a game ....that cant spark discussion?....
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Lax247 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:38 pm

I think "trash and discredit" is a bit harsh...if someone (CO) brings her up and her "performance" in a game ....that cant spark discussion?....Or is it only ok for you to have an opinion? ie all the Maryland bashing...
So in other words, you're not going to answer my questions?
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Cletus wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:43 pm
Lax247 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:38 pm

I think "trash and discredit" is a bit harsh...if someone (CO) brings her up and her "performance" in a game ....that cant spark discussion?....Or is it only ok for you to have an opinion? ie all the Maryland bashing...
So in other words, you're not going to answer my questions?
LOL she doesn't owe me money
Past & present...
Shes never taken a spot from any player that I know of...
Never talked to her.
so....questions answered.
laxrat1976

Post by laxrat1976 »

Looks to pass? How many assists did she have last weekend?

I do agree, she is in a different place as a player since 2019, which is the main reason she's made it to the final 5 for the award.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Lax247 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:45 pm so....questions answered.
Nope--not yet...
Cletus wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:54 pm Well, let me ask you this then--are folks saying that about her days at Duke only? Have you heard those same reports since she's arrived at BC? Have you heard the same things about her this year?
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Cletus wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:07 pm
Lax247 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:45 pm so....questions answered.
Nope--not yet...
Cletus wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:54 pm Well, let me ask you this then--are folks saying that about her days at Duke only? Have you heard those same reports since she's arrived at BC? Have you heard the same things about her this year?
I answered that.....Past and Present....^

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”