NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxwizard

Re: NESCAC 2020

Post by Laxwizard »

The announcement delay could signal that they have been unable to decide. This points to the possibility of a season, at least. We can hope.
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

nehslaxfan wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:55 pm
VTLaxGuy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:48 pm
pcowlax wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:36 am
VTLaxGuy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:06 am
pcowlax wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:16 am I think VT is still locked down but sounds like Midd is not playing regardless. Maybe Williams can drive a few miles west and host games in NY. Not sure what the player status is at most of these schools but have to assume they don’t have nearly as many unenrolled as the Ivys did due to lack of stay at home grad school options.
VT is open for business...UVM has played multiple games, St. Mikes has a full league schedule, Castleton opens this weekend with out of state play, and Norwich is soon to follow. Midd's decision has nothing to do with the State of VT. It's a decision that has been (or is being made) from their school and their administration.
I'm glad to see those schools all playing but Vermont state guideline still mandate quarantine for anyone either entering or leaving the state, even for day trips, who is not vaccinated. If I have wanted to ski in VT this year I have had to sneak in. Not sure if these schools are just ignoring the state rules or there is a blind eye being turned. These rules are of course ridiculous and asinine but they are at still in place.

https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/ ... quarantine
Not trying to make this a "who knows more" pissing match or anything like that, but the guidelines you linked to are for travel and tourism. The State has entirely different rules for colleges and college athletics- Those rules are being followed strictly by UVM, Castleton, Norwich, and St. Mikes; who will all be playing spring sports (most have been playing winter sports too)....Middlebury is choosing not to try and do the same.

https://accd.vermont.gov/sites/accdnew/ ... -02-18.pdf

Section 10 deals with athletics:

"An institution’s alternative plan, which may allow the school to travel more freely and host schools from beyond
green counties, must include: three PCR tests weekly for all athletes, coaches and support staff participating in
athletic matches; an enhanced social contract in place for all student-athletes, coaches, and support staff that
commits students to reducing their social circles; and an actionable plan to remove student-athletes, coaches
and support staff from competition and campus if they violate the code of conduct. A positive test from a
member of the team community will require the school to cancel or delay any imminent games, practices or travel
for the entire team, and will require active consultation with the Vermont Department of Health. This guidance will
be reevaluated on or about January 1, 2021.

Institutions that host collegiate sports teams from outside of Vermont will be held accountable for visiting teams’
adherence to the state’s collegiate athletics COVID-19 policies. Visiting teams must be participating in a three test-weekly testing protocol (PCR preferred) for high contact sports or at least once-per-week testing protocol (PCR
preferred) for low-contact sports. Visiting teams must adhere to strict isolation when coming to Vermont. Game
day travel to and from Vermont is encouraged, hotel stays are only to occur when absolutely necessary, and when
they do occur, the teams must quarantine while at the hotel, avoiding contact with other guests and staff. Visiting
teams may not dine out, sightsee, or participate in any events outside from the athletic competition."

Long story short. Middlebury will be the only college in the State of Vermont not playing this spring. Not because the State won't let them, but because their president doesn't want them playing....really stinks for those athletes at Midd.
Very sad that Middlebury is sitting this one out, especially based upon according to the Nescac Covid tracker on Instagram shows they have had the lowest amount of positive tests in the entire league by a wide margin. Middlebury was on our sons list, glad he decided to go elsewhere.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

Laxwizard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:08 pm The announcement delay could signal that they have been unable to decide. This points to the possibility of a season, at least. We can hope.
lmao you are very optimistic...you really think nescac is delaying because they are unable to decide? Imo they've had a plan all along since that early January 28th release statement, unlike liberty and other leagues they are continuing to drag every one along to instill some type of fake hope in people
Dave

Post by Dave »

I hear announcement coming at 5pm....
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

georgeoar394 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:23 pm
Laxwizard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:08 pm The announcement delay could signal that they have been unable to decide. This points to the possibility of a season, at least. We can hope.
lmao you are very optimistic...you really think nescac is delaying because they are unable to decide? Imo they've had a plan all along since that early January 28th release statement, unlike liberty and other leagues they are continuing to drag every one along to instill some type of fake hope in people
I'm still holding out for a season!!!! Let's go!!!!
baltlaxdad1966

Post by baltlaxdad1966 »

Looking like some potentially good news. If a season happens I think a natural follow up question has to be whether Amherst is relegated to the Little East Conference. I think at this point they will be more competitive here and have more fun.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Little Three down to Little Two
Dave

Post by Dave »

heard there are only 6 teams maybe...Colby, Bates, Trinity, Tufts, Conn and Hamilton.

Wesleyan only has 18 kids or so, and I hear Williams kids were sent home for having a huge party or something.....fingers crossed for any sort of season for these kids...
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Good for those who stuck it out. Hopefully Tufts can win the NC.
NESLAX

Post by NESLAX »

I have heard that although there will be games. NESCAC teams will not allow spectators...even in Connecticut, where the governor is now allowing up to 200
spectators per event.
isaacwright22

Post by isaacwright22 »

lit...still sounds like there is some vagueness and a plan has not been thought out. I would have thought by now with how late it is, they would've released an aggressive release of steps/plan in a statement. Nevertheless goodish news
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

Looks like Middlebury and is in, so won't all teams play?: https://athletics.middlebury.edu/news/2 ... ports.aspx

Also Wesleyan is in: https://athletics.wesleyan.edu/news/202 ... ports.aspx
CrimsonRed

Post by CrimsonRed »

Don’t count the chickens before the eggs hatch. Most Midd players are off campus this semester, having decided to defer the semester/study remotely.
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

Looks like Amherst may have games too: https://www.amherst.edu/news/covid-19/c ... ode/795391
isaacwright22

Post by isaacwright22 »

Laxwizard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:36 pm Looks like Amherst may have games too: https://www.amherst.edu/news/covid-19/c ... ode/795391
"Only athletes living on campus will be allowed to participate"

I think this sums it up
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

It seems that, with every other league in the world safely playing (ex-Ivy), infections and hospitalizations dropping rapidly, millions of people getting vaccinated each day, despite wanting to be considered the smartest guys in the room, the Nescac presidents finally realized they were looking more and more stupid as time went by.
Last edited by Unknown Participant on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NESLAX

Post by NESLAX »

Bowdoin will allow in-state competition....so I would assume Colby and Bates are potential ooponents.

https://athletics.bowdoin.edu/news/2021 ... ities.aspx
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

isaacwright22 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:44 pm
Laxwizard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:36 pm Looks like Amherst may have games too: https://www.amherst.edu/news/covid-19/c ... ode/795391
"Only athletes living on campus will be allowed to participate"

I think this sums it up
If the coach and players want a season, they now have the means to make it happen. I hope they prove all the doubters wrong, man up, and play ball. The tide is turning.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”