All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

Typical Lax Dad

Re: CDC vaxx info

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:13 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:09 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:01 am Is this accurate ?

From Conn. v19 website:

https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID ... ons---FAQs

Can people who have already have COVID-19 get the vaccine?
Yes. The CDC recommends that you get vaccinated even if you have already had COVID-19 because you can catch it more than once. While you may have some short-term antibody protection after recovering from COVID-19, we don’t know how long this protection will last.

OK......this is news to me. Anyone else?

IS the cdc really claiming this?
You sound too negative.
Yes......it HAS come to this. A question mark is viewed as negative. Antogonistic. pain in the arse......got it.

you have shown zero interest in learning about the steps to get your vaxx.

If my observation is inaccurate, feel free to educate us on the process of getting a vaxx in Conneticut. Here is a simple question:

do you need health insurance to get the vaxx. yes, or no?

insert meme here
You go to a lacrosse board for medical advice? Really?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:50 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:30 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:51 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:22 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:57 am
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:24 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:11 am
6x6 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:04 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:53 pm Operation Warp Speed leaders waited more than two months to approve a plan to distribute and administer Covid-19 vaccines proposed by U.S. health officials

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-v ... 1610737935

"We are rounding the corner..."

"It will go away by itself..."

"After Nov. 4th, no one will be talking about COVID..."

MAGA
I think we get it and agree. Trump is an a**#&@* and he along with the feds are to blame for the situation we are in. Yet, isn’t this old news by now, why keep beating a dead horse?

How about we look forward instead of bitching about what has already transpired. Hopefully, Biden will be able to deliver on his promise of 100 million shot in his first 100 days.
How about we can "walk and chew gum at the same time".

Seems to me that recognizing the hole we're in, how we got here, the difficulties associated given the disappointing failures that will be the reality upon takeover, are all important as we think about the going forward parts.
And until both sides recognize and admit that both sides are responsible for the hole we're in, nothing changes...and unfortunately, may get worse.
"both sides" of what?
As in the politicization of a disease.
what are the two "sides"?

I see those who denied it was a problem, the 'just another flu' crowd, those who thought it would go away by April, go away in sunlight, not return in the fall, no need to wear masks crowd...blame it on the Chinese crowd...

and those who thought it was deadly serious and needed to be addressed full-on with science and public health leading the way...sacrifices to normal life being necessary...

Should never have been a Red vs Blue thing, but that IMO was driven by a President who went all-in on the denial side of the ledger, fanned the flames of resistance against the science and public health recommendations.

But perhaps you see this differently?
Before you start with the scoff and ridicule, I agree/acknowledge how much Trump F'd up re Covid...OK? I've said it on here before and went so far at the end of the summer to state that Trump will lose the election due to Covid and his sh!tty response to it.

Now try to consider the message here, not to dismiss based on the messenger. I realize that won't be easy for you.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/o ... s-2188255/

Also, let's recall what was happening the same time we were learning we had a serious problem on our hands. The Ds, Resistance Cult in general, and MSM were 24/7 impeachment (talk about a distraction!) when we all should have been 24/7 Covid. So indirectly I blame the left and left-leaning media's impeachment distraction for the problematic early response to the disease.

From the beginning, IMO, the anti-Trump side has taken every opportunity to pi$$ on everything that the administration did or said re Covid whether justified or not. Why hasn't anyone on the left admitted that science too was taken completely by surprise along with our medical institutions, CDC, WHO, Fauci, etc. Talk about unpreparedness, screw ups, and mixed-messaging!

Also, I completely disagree with your characterization that science was somehow ignored/not trusted when the vaccines were developed under Trump and his administration at a pace not seen before. If you don't realize that their push and funding had everything to do with what may end up saving us, I don't know what else to say.
tech, I thank you for acknowledging that Trump's response was F'd up.

And yes, you are correct that I view Hanson as nothing more than a dishonest right wing propagandist. That piece certainly did not persuade me otherwise.

Your post above is permeated by the propaganda, whether you realize it or not, the angry verbiage like "Resistance Cult" and lots and lots of related BS. I'm sure it must be difficult to break free of all the disinformation, but you're certainly invited to do so.

You mean like the "Trump Cult," "angry verbiage"? :roll:

Yup, the Cult is very real...not all Trump voters are all-in, but those who are have been totally taken in by the ceaseless disinformation. It's not hate from me, it's recognition that this fascistic populism is real and dangerous.

The notion that the nation should have been laser focused on COVID when we were somehow distracted by Impeachment is a spectacular case of disinformation. Did ANYONE in the Administration with such knowledge, particularly POTUS, tell the nation we had an enormous problem brewing with COVID that we should be paying laser attention to? Nope. In fact, we have tape of Trump privately admitting to the knowledge that it was a very big deal, but choosing to downplay it nevertheless. And then they tacked hard to denial, more and more and more as the months wore on.

That (in bold) is nothing more than your biased opinion. I will admit that if I'm guilty here of anything, it's hindsight. Doesn't make it false.

sure, IMO. But not biased, based in reality. Yours is simply false, based in unreality...I note you didn't address what I asked re what Trump was saying at the time...

And you're going to blame the D's and MSM for thinking Impeachment was important???

:lol: You conflate the Ds absurd basis for impeachment with Trump's mishandling of Covid after the fact...nice try.

Absurd??? :lol: :roll: "conflate"? where? They are entirely separate, YOU are trying (like the right wing voices you listen to) to excuse Trump's performance because of the Impeachment, not me.

The one thing I'd agree about is that any large gatherings, particularly without masks, were potential super spreader events. Didn't matter if it was celebrating a sports championship, or an election result, or a protest, or a political rally, or a concert, big events with people in close proximity were dangerous. Some, however, were filled with people explicitly deciding to not wear masks as a political statement of not giving a sh-t about others, somehow seen as a statement of support of Der Leader. Those were the most dangerous for spread. And, frankly, the least excusable.

EDIT: I meant to acknowledge that the vaccine development was a success...what I think is appalling is the notion that Trump had anything in reality to do with that. Heck, the first vaccine to get through FDA didn't take any federal money...this was a tremendous success for the scientists, for sure...and let's just say that Trump didn't somehow prevent that from happening...good on him. Give him 'credit'. But the planning for actual vaccinations was another FUBAR...painfully, this is really due to the ideological assumption that government, especially the federal gov't, can't do things effectively. And Trump used that ideological bias to avoid responsibility...

Partly true (bold). Phizer received their development money from Germany, but... with the understanding that a huge U.S. contract to deliver awaited them should they succeed. It was Phizer's choice based on it's collaboration with German firm BioNTech not to accept the development money that was offered by the T admin. The funding was offered and made available but passed on.

Yup, they developed the vaccine faster than any company funded by the US gov't. And since they had the best shot at doing so of course the US gov't secured US supply with a big contract...I take nothing away from that decision by the US gov't...good decision. But they would have simply sold the vaccine elsewhere, the contract did nothing for them other than to secure their planning of where it would be shipped first.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... rotections

"The drugmaker has downplayed its involvement in Operation Warp Speed, the Trump administration's more than $10 billion program to make a coronavirus vaccine available in record time. Although Pfizer didn't receive government funding this spring toward research and development of the vaccine, it nevertheless received one of the largest Operation Warp Speed supply contracts to date on July 21."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... llion-deal

"The federal government has reached a $1.95 billion deal with Pfizer to acquire 100 million doses of its vaccine candidate against the coronavirus if the Food and Drug Administration OKs it. The vaccine would be free to Americans, according to the deal, though health care providers could charge to administer it."

You've got a losing argument on this one, tech. Again, you're invited to break free from the Trumpist disinformation bubble.

There's going to be plenty to disagree with (if you're a conservative) in the next Admin, but the first step is to recognize what a disaster Trump was and how egregious the disinformation was from those sources.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:12 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:10 am hmmmm

From the CDC website:

If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first.

It IS nature, anything IS possible.

Scientifically speaking, how many people, world wide, have been "re-infected" with Covid? So far, all arrows are pointing to a handful.....?????
Possible doesn’t mean probable. Not sure you will find the answer here.
Willing to point lots of money on this number:

More people have died from the v19 vaxx shot than have been reinfected, world wide and here in the USA.

guess it doesn't matter. Maybe I should be positive, like you and all your Biden haters....oops, I mean trump.

When Dr. Fauci claims all Americans will be able to get the vaxx by April........is this disinformation? yes or no?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 am

From Conn. v19 website:

Yes. The CDC recommends that you get vaccinated even if you have already had COVID-19 because you can catch it more than once. While you may have some short-term antibody protection after recovering from COVID-19, we don’t know how long this protection will last.

You sound too negative.
Yes......it HAS come to this. A question mark is viewed as negative. Antogonistic. pain in the arse......got it.

If my observation is inaccurate, feel free to educate us on the process of getting a vaxx in Conneticut. Here is a simple question:

insert meme here
Why not? Aren't we constantly told how smart the deep end of the gene pool IS from all the "scientists" that post.

Why is there a politics section on a lacrosse board, buddy? :roll:

it IS a pattern with you and yours......hiding behind the "it's just a lacrosse board".

yet, 75% of ALL posts.....all comments, for this entire forum are on the politics threads. And you and mdlax account for almost 20% of ALL posts. awesomer.

so,to answer, NO....you don't have any interest in learning about the vaxx. Mommy will hold your hand and tell you when.........and, yet, here you , posting away. and away. and away.

when you slated to get to 20K posts? Ides of March?
Last edited by runrussellrun on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:21 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 am

From Conn. v19 website:

You sound too negative.

insert meme here
Why not? Aren't we constantly told how smart the deep end of the gene pool IS from all the "scientists" that post.

Why is there a politics section on a lacrosse board, buddy? :roll:
I thought you were really interested. Good luck buddy. All the best.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:01 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:55 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:47 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:44 am Ducks didn't stand a chance yesterday........

...we can drink booze in bars on Sunday, but can't hunt :shock:

Doesn't sound you are actively seeking out the vaxx. Here, let me help:

http://www.countytimes.com/news/when-ca ... 5b956.html

funny, how advocates for the vaxx ain't doing anything to get one ;)
Did you think TLD is older than 75? (article)
Older than 65?
My point IS:

TLD is waiting for them (govt.??) to contact him..............He APPEARS to have zero interest in learning how to get the vaxx he promotes.

mdlaxfan, have YOU looked into the steps needed to get the vaxx? As a non-resident in Florida?

I can guarantee you I can help you get the vaxx in other states, if you want to line jump and do your part and helping attain herd immunity.

You could start 'covid Vaxx" golf leagues, limited to those that have had the vaxx shot.

but, keep on cherry picking what you want to quarrel with..........my point IS tld, for all his tall talk, has little interest in finding out how to get the vaxx. Nor ,which part of the "rollout" he will be part of.

what else can you take from a comment like: "I am waiting for them to contact me....."??????????????????
My wife will tell me. She is on top of it....but thanks for looking out friend.... we are down the line. I can check the portal.
RRR, I'm focused on trying to get my 84 year old mom vaccinated...and she's not been able to get an appt yet. I sure as heck don't want to jump the line in front of 84 year olds.

I HAVE been doing some homework on how to get recognized by the health system down here, getting my My Chart info forwarded (but there was a ransomware attack on my provider in Balt, so system currently down).

My best guess is that my wife and I won't be getting vaccinated until places like CVS are doing them regularly, just need to show proof of age, not residency.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:05 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:03 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:44 am Ducks didn't stand a chance yesterday........

Older than 65?
My point IS:

TLD is waiting for them (govt.??) to contact him..............He APPEARS to have zero interest in learning how to get the vaxx he promotes.

mdlaxfan, have YOU looked into the steps needed to get the vaxx? As a non-resident in Florida?

I can guarantee you I can help you get the vaxx in other states, if you want to line jump and do your part and helping attain herd immunity.

You could start 'covid Vaxx" golf leagues, limited to those that have had the vaxx shot.

but, keep on cherry picking what you want to quarrel with..........my point IS tld, for all his tall talk, has little interest in finding out how to get the vaxx. Nor ,which part of the "rollout" he will be part of.

what else can you take from a comment like: "I am waiting for them to contact me....."??????????????????
My wife will tell me. She is on top of it....but thanks for looking out friend.
point is.....you aren't asking. Dont' seem to care to much about the timeline. Why would your wife know anymore than you? From what you have mentioned, she isn't involved in public health. not like docB
Instead of being concerned with me, why were you not concerned with your friends storming the Capitol? “We good” here....for now.
Stop with the bold face lies and personnal attacks. I don't have friends.

What's the matter, your years and years of snark coming back to haunt you?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

well, I believe that one.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:32 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:05 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:03 am

Older than 65?
My point IS:

My wife will tell me. She is on top of it....but thanks for looking out friend.
point is.....you aren't asking. Dont' seem to care to much about the timeline. Why would your wife know anymore than you? From what you have mentioned, she isn't involved in public health. not like docB
Instead of being concerned with me, why were you not concerned with your friends storming the Capitol? “We good” here....for now.
Stop with the bold face lies and personnal attacks. I don't have friends.

What's the matter, your years and years of snark coming back to haunt you?
🤷‍♂️ have a great Sunday, pal. Hopefully someone here can answer your healthcare questions. Stay safe.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:34 am well, I believe that one.
Pete Glass.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:36 am
Pete Glass.
like I write, you don't care about the 25 million non English speakers in the USA, when it comes to JHU72 self reporting V-Safe program.

and, think that valid ID's for voting is racist, economic bigotry, but having cell phone only, nay, SMART phone only, self reporting APPS is perfectly fine for tracking the most dangerous virus the world has seen. And tracking the vaxx's.

instead, lets throw around dangerous insults about a riot, friends, on a lacrosse board.

This IS a lacrosse board, only fools seek advice on beer, food, music, tv shows.........

oh well, you rule the roost

Guess we shouldn't discuss the medical aspects of a virus on a virus thread. Since, it's a lacrosse board.

twenty thousand comments later.......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:D :D :D :D :D :lol: :x :P :idea: :idea: :?: :o :( ;) :? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :arrow: :!: :lol: :P

this is how we, Qunon, communicate. codes on obscure websites like this one. Plenty of knitting, pottery and home brew websites with similar forums where we can hide
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:59 am
Pete Glass.
like I write, you don't care about the 25 million non English speakers in the USA, when it comes to JHU72 self reporting V-Safe program.

and, think that valid ID's for voting is racist, economic bigotry, but having cell phone only, nay, SMART phone only, self reporting APPS is perfectly fine for tracking the most dangerous virus the world has seen. And tracking the vaxx's.

instead, lets throw around dangerous insults about a riot, friends, on a lacrosse board.

This IS a lacrosse board, only fools seek advice on beer, food, music, tv shows.........

Guess we shouldn't discuss the medical aspects of a virus on a virus thread. Since, it's a lacrosse board.

twenty thousand comments later.......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:D :D :D :D :D :lol: :x :P :idea: :idea: :?: :o :( ;) :? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :arrow: :!: :lol: :P

this is how we, Qunon, communicate. codes on obscure websites like this one. Plenty of knitting, pottery and home brew websites with similar forums where we can hide
🤷‍♂️
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:13 am
Pete Glass.

🤷‍♂️
Quite the ramble above from our 'friend'...that said, I must not be up to speed on the cultural reference re Pete Glass...didn't get any hints from google...?
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:22 am
Pete Glass.

🤷‍♂️
Quite the ramble above from our 'friend'...that said, I must not be up to speed on the cultural reference re Pete Glass...didn't get any hints from google...?
I meant George Glass.

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:18 am
There's going to be plenty to disagree with (if you're a conservative) in the next Admin, but the first step is to recognize what a disaster Trump was and how egregious the disinformation was from those sources
Agree, first step.

Let's build a list of the disasters, and then create mitigation methods.

You go first.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:26 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:22 am
Pete Glass.

🤷‍♂️
I meant George Glass.

ahhhh
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:18 am There's going to be plenty to disagree with (if you're a conservative) in the next Admin, but the first step is to recognize what a disaster Trump was and how egregious the disinformation was from those sources.[/color][/b]
Are you daft? I have stated many times that Trump was often a mess, and his mishandling of Covid specifically, ultimately did him in. Why can't you admit that not everything Trump and his admin did or tried to do, under constant attack, was bad for the country?

Can you at least agree, that from day one, he and his admin were under attack from the resistance? Clearly you should, you've been in lock step with them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:32 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:18 am
There's going to be plenty to disagree with (if you're a conservative) in the next Admin, but the first step is to recognize what a disaster Trump was and how egregious the disinformation was from those sources
Agree, first step.

Let's build a list of the disasters, and then create mitigation methods.

You go first.
do you mean a list of the Trump disasters?
Nah, the list is too long for this feeble poster on a Sunday morning after a Ravens loss.

In due course, RRR, like I did with Obama (who I didn't for twice) and even Trump (I say even because I had such low expectations for his 'becoming Presidential') I'm rooting for whatever policies and actions and decisions of the Biden Admin to prove to be successful for America and the world.

But surely there will be those I will think are unlikely to be successful or even down right bone headed...when I see them, I'll say so. But I'm rooting for success. The country is in miserable shape right now and we need to make some serious progress on the multiple daunting challenges.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:25 am

Older than 65?
My point IS:

My wife will tell me. She is on top of it....but thanks for looking out friend.... we are down the line. I can check the portal.
RRR, I'm focused on trying to get my 84 year old mom vaccinated...and she's not been able to get an appt yet. I sure as heck don't want to jump the line in front of 84 year olds.

I HAVE been doing some homework on how to get recognized by the health system down here, getting my My Chart info forwarded (but there was a ransomware attack on my provider in Balt, so system currently down).

My best guess is that my wife and I won't be getting vaccinated until places like CVS are doing them regularly, just need to show proof of age, not residency.
Did you feel better when you personally attacked me, breaking your own principals ? (no friends comment) :D

oh, right, you were just joking...

meanwhile, for all you braggin about how rich and connected you are.........just can't get the vaxx

what's the point of having "friends", than ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:37 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:18 am There's going to be plenty to disagree with (if you're a conservative) in the next Admin, but the first step is to recognize what a disaster Trump was and how egregious the disinformation was from those sources.[/color][/b]
Are you daft? I have stated many times that Trump was often a mess, and his mishandling of Covid specifically, ultimately did him in. Why can't you admit that not everything Trump and his admin did or tried to do, under constant attack, was bad for the country?

Can you at least agree, that from day one, he and his admin were under attack from the resistance? Clearly you should, you've been in lock step with them.
"the resistance"..."under attack"...???
Boo hoo, politics ain't bean bag. Of course there was opposition.
The whining by these guys is just amazing.

I was hoping, though definitely not optimistic, that Trump would at least somewhat embrace the dignity and responsibility of the office...but I definitely knew that he was/is, at his core, a dishonest cheat and corrupt con man, an authoritarian populist/fascist willing to demonize whatever convenient "Other" for political benefit...so, it was really just 'hope'.

If you're saying I was open to seeing him go off the rails right out of the chute, yes I was...because I was clear-eyed about his character.

And I've always believed that character is the absolute most important factor of good leadership.

But sure, not every decision made by the Trump admin was corrupt or ill-founded. But so, so many were.

Return to “POLITICS”