All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:41 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:07 am
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:41 pm to say that trump had nothing to do with vaccines and lay almost all distribution issues at his feet doesn't lend anyone as a neutral observer.
How do you think that Trump impacted vaccine development? Did he lean into that, perhaps use the Defense act to secure supply chains, increase production of key aspects required?...or was his enthusiasm only when coming down the stretch toward the election? Seems to me that he was telling America we wouldn't even need the vaccine, the virus would go away anyway...right?

My view is that he set the tone on every aspect of virus management, especially the notion that this was a state problem, the federal gov't wasn't actually responsible...and we're seeing this again in the vaccination delivery mess...

But perhaps you see that differently?
No argument that Trump alone doesn't deserve all blame for all snafus...
we stand alone as the one country globally that generously funded as many as 5 or 6 vaccines that may make the cut for the world with a directive to get at it asap.

you find it appalling that trump gets any credit for that and in reality did nothing, but should be drawn and quartered for distribution. some poetic license at the end there but thesis is that's not exactly non-partisan.

as far as distribution... my guess is we way underestimated healthcare worker intake. maybe we didn't take enough polls. wider populations and some learning curve i expect or hope kinks to be worked out.
Actually I'm fine with the Trump Administration AND Congress and the American taxpayer getting credit for funding vaccines, notwithstanding Pfizer's success without that funding. Regardless of whether Trump himself was a proponent of such, I'm fine with his Admin getting credit for the funding. I just think it's painfully obvious that he was most likely a deterrent in that process, not a proponent...certainly he was telling the American people that we wouldn't need the vaccines to work, right?

Yeah, I think the Admin simply didn't put the resources to work to ensure that distribution was thoroughly planned...not by a very long shot. Primarily because of an ideological bent that said it was the states' problem not the federal gov't's...I find hard to believe that the civil servants at FDA, CDC, etc felt that was right, but the political appointees didn't garner the resources to get it done...and yes, that flows back to the White House.

I, too, hope that we see this improve.

How do you read this latest snafu...government says we'll release all doses...then says they have no reserve after having said they did...then Pfizer says, hey, we DO have a reserve, just haven't been told where to send it...?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:53 pm Biden to deploy FEMA, National Guard to set up Covid vaccine clinics across U.S.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/biden-t ... idappshare

here is joe talking about fema and ng and building vaccine sites. although it doesn't say how many.

you have the pharmacies saying they have the capacity and then some, but distribution to that... with vaccines that have crazy temperature and storage needs, sounds like a wasteful enterprise. how many drug stores are there? 40,000? 100,000? more? you're going to match 180 or 250 or however many doses exactly how? appointments and people don't show? you can't just put it back in the freezer. talk about complicating things.

njbill... were you contacted by the state first or vice versa?
I registered on the state site earlier in the week. Got an email acknowledgment.

I registered on the site for the specific distribution center yesterday afternoon. It is being administered by a local hospital network in the area. This morning, I got an email that told me I could sign up for an appointment. First available date was February 15 so I grabbed one of the timeslots.
Life happens: if you can't make 15th, what happens then?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:03 am
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:41 pm to say that trump had nothing to do with vaccines and lay almost all distribution issues at his feet doesn't lend anyone as a neutral observer.
How do you think that Trump impacted vaccine development? Did he lean into that, perhaps use the Defense act to secure supply chains, increase production of key aspects required?...or was his enthusiasm only when coming down the stretch toward the election? Seems to me that he was telling America we wouldn't even need the vaccine, the virus would go away anyway...right?

My view is that he set the tone on every aspect of virus management, especially the notion that this was a state problem, the federal gov't wasn't actually responsible...and we're seeing this again in the vaccination delivery mess...

we stand alone as the one country globally that generously funded as many as 5 or 6 vaccines that may make the cut for the world with a directive to get at it asap.

you find it appalling that trump gets any credit for that and in reality did nothing, but should be drawn and quartered for distribution. some poetic license at the end there but thesis is that's not exactly non-partisan.

as far as distribution... my guess is we way underestimated healthcare worker intake. maybe we didn't take enough polls. wider populations and some learning curve i expect or hope kinks to be worked out.
Actually I'm fine with the Trump Administration AND Congress and the American taxpayer getting credit for funding vaccines, notwithstanding Pfizer's success without that funding. Regardless of whether Trump himself was a proponent of such, I'm fine with his Admin getting credit for the funding. I just think it's painfully obvious that he was most likely a deterrent in that process, not a proponent...certainly he was telling the American people that we wouldn't need the vaccines to work, right?

Yeah, I think the Admin simply didn't put the resources to work to ensure that distribution was thoroughly planned...not by a very long shot. Primarily because of an ideological bent that said it was the states' problem not the federal gov't's...I find hard to believe that the civil servants at FDA, CDC, etc felt that was right, but the political appointees didn't garner the resources to get it done...and yes, that flows back to the White House.

How do you read this latest snafu...government says we'll release all doses...then says they have no reserve after having said they did...then Pfizer says, hey, we DO have a reserve, just haven't been told where to send it...?
Why do I feel like lawyers and liability are involved in slowing this process down?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:09 am

Why do I feel like lawyers and liability are involved in slowing this process down?
I dunno...why do you think there's that factor involved?
What liability do you think is being avoided?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:28 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:28 pm Image

Trump and Putin hard at work in the lab in a rush to develop the vaccine.
You take the vaxx yet, big guy, buddy ole pal?

exactly
I haven’t been offered it yet, buddy. Hope all is well with you. Stay safe and have a great Sunday friend.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:27 am

When is liability not ever an issue? Do we know what happens to the vaxx if administered if NOT kept in temp specs, transportation contract liabilities to keep temp in tolerance, dunno either....just my spidey senses I guess.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Ducks didn't stand a chance yesterday........

...we can drink booze in bars on Sunday, but can't hunt :shock:

Doesn't sound you are actively seeking out the vaxx. Here, let me help:

http://www.countytimes.com/news/when-ca ... 5b956.html

funny, how advocates for the vaxx ain't doing anything to get one ;)

Stay safe? already had symptomatic covid. Of course, the new strain needs protection, so even tho I already most likely have tons of antibodies flowing thru my body, I will be forced to take the vaxx for the "OTHER" strain.....blah blah......

us , them........

Biden is bringing back the professionals........it's all streamlining with efficientcy from next week on.......got it.

Biden IS your guy. until Kamala takes over. Joe won't see 2023
Last edited by runrussellrun on Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:41 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:27 am

When is liability not ever an issue? Do we know what happens to the vaxx if administered if NOT kept in temp specs, transportation contract liabilities to keep temp in tolerance, dunno either....just my spidey senses I guess.
I would think there's indeed some contract liability, but no more than normal...and likely insured against and well compensated. So, that shouldn't slow anything.

seems to me that the temp issue slowing anything is more practical...do you have the facilities, do you have the training on how to handle, do you have the funding to support same...again, much of this was foreseeable, so I think the resistance to funding the states could have had a deleterious impact to their ability to stand up more sites for the management of the vaccine into arms process...instead they had to lean on private sector wherever they could find possible support. That's likely slowed and complicated the rollout.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:44 am Ducks didn't stand a chance yesterday........

Did you think TLD is older than 75? (article)
Older than 65?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:30 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:51 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:22 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:57 am
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:24 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:11 am
6x6 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:04 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:53 pm Operation Warp Speed leaders waited more than two months to approve a plan to distribute and administer Covid-19 vaccines proposed by U.S. health officials

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-v ... 1610737935

"We are rounding the corner..."

"It will go away by itself..."

"After Nov. 4th, no one will be talking about COVID..."

MAGA
I think we get it and agree. Trump is an a**#&@* and he along with the feds are to blame for the situation we are in. Yet, isn’t this old news by now, why keep beating a dead horse?

How about we look forward instead of bitching about what has already transpired. Hopefully, Biden will be able to deliver on his promise of 100 million shot in his first 100 days.
How about we can "walk and chew gum at the same time".

Seems to me that recognizing the hole we're in, how we got here, the difficulties associated given the disappointing failures that will be the reality upon takeover, are all important as we think about the going forward parts.
And until both sides recognize and admit that both sides are responsible for the hole we're in, nothing changes...and unfortunately, may get worse.
"both sides" of what?
As in the politicization of a disease.
what are the two "sides"?

I see those who denied it was a problem, the 'just another flu' crowd, those who thought it would go away by April, go away in sunlight, not return in the fall, no need to wear masks crowd...blame it on the Chinese crowd...

and those who thought it was deadly serious and needed to be addressed full-on with science and public health leading the way...sacrifices to normal life being necessary...

Should never have been a Red vs Blue thing, but that IMO was driven by a President who went all-in on the denial side of the ledger, fanned the flames of resistance against the science and public health recommendations.

But perhaps you see this differently?
Before you start with the scoff and ridicule, I agree/acknowledge how much Trump F'd up re Covid...OK? I've said it on here before and went so far at the end of the summer to state that Trump will lose the election due to Covid and his sh!tty response to it.

Now try to consider the message here, not to dismiss based on the messenger. I realize that won't be easy for you.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/o ... s-2188255/

Also, let's recall what was happening the same time we were learning we had a serious problem on our hands. The Ds, Resistance Cult in general, and MSM were 24/7 impeachment (talk about a distraction!) when we all should have been 24/7 Covid. So indirectly I blame the left and left-leaning media's impeachment distraction for the problematic early response to the disease.

From the beginning, IMO, the anti-Trump side has taken every opportunity to pi$$ on everything that the administration did or said re Covid whether justified or not. Why hasn't anyone on the left admitted that science too was taken completely by surprise along with our medical institutions, CDC, WHO, Fauci, etc. Talk about unpreparedness, screw ups, and mixed-messaging!

Also, I completely disagree with your characterization that science was somehow ignored/not trusted when the vaccines were developed under Trump and his administration at a pace not seen before. If you don't realize that their push and funding had everything to do with what may end up saving us, I don't know what else to say.
tech, I thank you for acknowledging that Trump's response was F'd up.

And yes, you are correct that I view Hanson as nothing more than a dishonest right wing propagandist. That piece certainly did not persuade me otherwise.

Your post above is permeated by the propaganda, whether you realize it or not, the angry verbiage like "Resistance Cult" and lots and lots of related BS. I'm sure it must be difficult to break free of all the disinformation, but you're certainly invited to do so.

You mean like the "Trump Cult," "angry verbiage"? :roll:

The notion that the nation should have been laser focused on COVID when we were somehow distracted by Impeachment is a spectacular case of disinformation. Did ANYONE in the Administration with such knowledge, particularly POTUS, tell the nation we had an enormous problem brewing with COVID that we should be paying laser attention to? Nope. In fact, we have tape of Trump privately admitting to the knowledge that it was a very big deal, but choosing to downplay it nevertheless. And then they tacked hard to denial, more and more and more as the months wore on.

That (in bold) is nothing more than your biased opinion. I will admit that if I'm guilty here of anything, it's hindsight. Doesn't make it false.

And you're going to blame the D's and MSM for thinking Impeachment was important???

:lol: You conflate the Ds absurd basis for impeachment with Trump's mishandling of Covid after the fact...nice try.

The one thing I'd agree about is that any large gatherings, particularly without masks, were potential super spreader events. Didn't matter if it was celebrating a sports championship, or an election result, or a protest, or a political rally, or a concert, big events with people in close proximity were dangerous. Some, however, were filled with people explicitly deciding to not wear masks as a political statement of not giving a sh-t about others, somehow seen as a statement of support of Der Leader. Those were the most dangerous for spread. And, frankly, the least excusable.

EDIT: I meant to acknowledge that the vaccine development was a success...what I think is appalling is the notion that Trump had anything in reality to do with that. Heck, the first vaccine to get through FDA didn't take any federal money...this was a tremendous success for the scientists, for sure...and let's just say that Trump didn't somehow prevent that from happening...good on him. Give him 'credit'. But the planning for actual vaccinations was another FUBAR...painfully, this is really due to the ideological assumption that government, especially the federal gov't, can't do things effectively. And Trump used that ideological bias to avoid responsibility...

Partly true (bold). Phizer received their development money from Germany, but... with the understanding that a huge U.S. contract to deliver awaited them should they succeed. It was Phizer's choice based on it's collaboration with German firm BioNTech not to accept the development money that was offered by the T admin. The funding was offered and made available but passed on.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... rotections

"The drugmaker has downplayed its involvement in Operation Warp Speed, the Trump administration's more than $10 billion program to make a coronavirus vaccine available in record time. Although Pfizer didn't receive government funding this spring toward research and development of the vaccine, it nevertheless received one of the largest Operation Warp Speed supply contracts to date on July 21."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... llion-deal

"The federal government has reached a $1.95 billion deal with Pfizer to acquire 100 million doses of its vaccine candidate against the coronavirus if the Food and Drug Administration OKs it. The vaccine would be free to Americans, according to the deal, though health care providers could charge to administer it."

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:47 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:44 am Ducks didn't stand a chance yesterday........

Older than 65?
My point IS:

TLD is waiting for them (govt.??) to contact him..............He APPEARS to have zero interest in learning how to get the vaxx he promotes.

mdlaxfan, have YOU looked into the steps needed to get the vaxx? As a non-resident in Florida?

I can guarantee you I can help you get the vaxx in other states, if you want to line jump and do your part and helping attain herd immunity.

You could start 'covid Vaxx" golf leagues, limited to those that have had the vaxx shot.

but, keep on cherry picking what you want to quarrel with..........my point IS tld, for all his tall talk, has little interest in finding out how to get the vaxx. Nor ,which part of the "rollout" he will be part of.

what else can you take from a comment like: "I am waiting for them to contact me....."??????????????????
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:55 am

Older than 65?
My point IS:

TLD is waiting for them (govt.??) to contact him..............He APPEARS to have zero interest in learning how to get the vaxx he promotes.

mdlaxfan, have YOU looked into the steps needed to get the vaxx? As a non-resident in Florida?

I can guarantee you I can help you get the vaxx in other states, if you want to line jump and do your part and helping attain herd immunity.

You could start 'covid Vaxx" golf leagues, limited to those that have had the vaxx shot.

but, keep on cherry picking what you want to quarrel with..........my point IS tld, for all his tall talk, has little interest in finding out how to get the vaxx. Nor ,which part of the "rollout" he will be part of.

what else can you take from a comment like: "I am waiting for them to contact me....."??????????????????
My wife will tell me. She is on top of it....but thanks for looking out friend.... we are down the line. I can check the portal.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

CDC vaxx info

Post by runrussellrun »

Is this accurate ?

From Conn. v19 website:

https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID ... ons---FAQs

Can people who have already have COVID-19 get the vaccine?
Yes. The CDC recommends that you get vaccinated even if you have already had COVID-19 because you can catch it more than once. While you may have some short-term antibody protection after recovering from COVID-19, we don’t know how long this protection will last.

OK......this is news to me. Anyone else?

IS the cdc really claiming this?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:01 am

Older than 65?
My point IS:

My wife will tell me. She is on top of it....but thanks for looking out friend.
point is.....you aren't asking. Dont' seem to care to much about the timeline. Why would your wife know anymore than you? From what you have mentioned, she isn't involved in public health. not like docB
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:03 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:01 am

Older than 65?
My point IS:

My wife will tell me. She is on top of it....but thanks for looking out friend.
point is.....you aren't asking. Dont' seem to care to much about the timeline. Why would your wife know anymore than you? From what you have mentioned, she isn't involved in public health. not like docB
Instead of being concerned with me, why were you not concerned with your friends storming the Capitol? “We good” here....for now.
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

Re: CDC vaxx info

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:01 am Is this accurate ?

From Conn. v19 website:

Yes. The CDC recommends that you get vaccinated even if you have already had COVID-19 because you can catch it more than once. While you may have some short-term antibody protection after recovering from COVID-19, we don’t know how long this protection will last.

You sound too negative.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

hmmmm

From the CDC website:

If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first.

It IS nature, anything IS possible.

Scientifically speaking, how many people, world wide, have been "re-infected" with Covid? So far, all arrows are pointing to a handful.....?????
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:10 am hmmmm

From the CDC website:

If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first.

It IS nature, anything IS possible.

Scientifically speaking, how many people, world wide, have been "re-infected" with Covid? So far, all arrows are pointing to a handful.....?????
Possible doesn’t mean probable. Not sure you will find the answer here.
runrussellrun

Re: CDC vaxx info

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:09 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:01 am Is this accurate ?

From Conn. v19 website:

You sound too negative.
Yes......it HAS come to this. A question mark is viewed as negative. Antogonistic. pain in the arse......got it.

you have shown zero interest in learning about the steps to get your vaxx.

If my observation is inaccurate, feel free to educate us on the process of getting a vaxx in Conneticut. Here is a simple question:

do you need health insurance to get the vaxx. yes, or no?

insert meme here

Return to “POLITICS”