All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

holmes435

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by holmes435 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:57 pm
CU77 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:47 pm Deaths in the US in 2020 from all causes are way up:
According to preliminary weekly data from the Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC), 2,926,129 people have died from all causes between January 1 and November 28 of this year. While this data is preliminary and is incomplete for the last eight weeks, it provides for useful context.

According to the same estimates, 2,852,590 people died in 2019, meaning at least 73,000 more people have died so far in 2020 than 2019, despite missing or incomplete data for October through December. If deaths continue at the weekly average of approximately 60,000 per week, at least 240,000 more people would die in 2020, resulting in more than 3.1 million deaths. If the population grew at the same rate in 2020 as in 2019 (0.5%), this would result in a death rate of 9.4 deaths per 1,000, making it the highest death rate in decades.

For context, the most recent estimates from the Census Bureau, which are from 2017, projected that there would be 2.75 million deaths in 2020, accounting for an aging population. The Census Bureau did not expect the nation to reach 3.1 million deaths until 2029 or 2030.
https://usafacts.org/articles/prelimina ... s-age-flu/
Many of those people dying from Covid were going to die from something else anyway. If over 70, those deaths should count as 3/5ths.
:lol: :lol: 3/5ths. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:43 am Distillers taxed 14 grand for making hand sanitizer during shortage/pandemic.

a fan are you dealing with this tax?
Yep. Awesome, right?

It's a "fee". :lol:

We're getting punished for donating $100K+ of hand sanitizer in 2020.

We have trade groups trying to work out a reasonable compromise. The problem is that many of my fellow distillers sold the sanitizer at a pretty hefty markup, and imho, those distilleries should be charged a fee just like any other producer.

Where it gets unfair is for places like mine, where we donated thousands of gallons, ate all the costs to make and package it....and are now getting charged for the pleasure of stepping up in a time of national need.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Man, that's what I'd call getting kicked right square in the nuts!
Otherwise said as no good deed goes unpunished, I guess. If the
Feds show no appreciation for what you did, I sure do, a fan.
You da man!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:51 am If your point is you question whether the numbers are 100% accurate, I’d agree with you. I’m sure that’s the case. But that’s the case for deaths listed as caused by heart attacks, strokes, etc.

As long as the people listing the causes of death are trying to be as accurate as possible, that’s all we can ask for. A few mistakes, here or there, are understandable.

But if someone has underlying conditions which make them more susceptible to Covid than a healthy 18 year old, I still think it is appropriate to list Covid as the cause of death if that’s what done them in, even if they would have died of some other cause down the road.

If someone who has terminal cancer gets hit by a bus, the cause of death is the bus, not the cancer.
Correct. That's the rule. Why some folks (not DMAC) are resorting to this line of attack trying to diminish the impact of COVID is beyond me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:50 am
holmes435 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:43 am Distillers taxed 14 grand for making hand sanitizer during shortage/pandemic.

Yep. Awesome, right?

We have trade groups trying to work out a reasonable compromise. The problem is that many of my fellow distillers sold the sanitizer at a pretty hefty markup, and imho, those distilleries should be charged a fee just like any other producer.

Where it gets unfair is for places like mine, where we donated thousands of gallons, ate all the costs to make and package it....and are now getting charged for the pleasure of stepping up in a time of national need.
... you guys have a good case. Stick to your guns, they will come to their senses. Actually I would consider it part of your "gift" as cost of doing good.
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:08 pm

Yep. Awesome, right?

... you guys have a good case. Stick to your guns, they will come to their senses. Actually I would consider it part of your "gift" as cost of doing good.
Oh, we're not cutting any checks just yet, that's for doggone sure.

I'm confident the FDA will come around....at least for those of us who donated the sanitizer. It's hard not to chuckle at the irony, though!

I have to say, the phone calls from pretty much every fire dept, police station, and hospital in Denver Metro in late March...begging for hand sanitizer back when we didn't know much about Covid scared the hell out of me. I figured if doctors and nurses were this scared, we'd be well advised to be scared as heck, too!
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:00 pm Man, that's what I'd call getting kicked right square in the nuts!
You da man!
Aw, thanks. Just doing what any of us would do---- only difference is, I happen to own a vodka column that can make the base for sanitizer! :lol:

The REAL troopers are people like Cradle's wife, who put themselves in harm's way to help others. I don't have the stones to do something like that! Tip of the hat to Mrs. Cradle!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Last day of the year, 350K dead in 10 months. I would say it is pretty clear now that outside of the scientists developing the vaccines, we as a nation have totally f**ked up the response to COVID. Leadership has been beyond pathetic. Even after the vaccine was released, our distribution and roll out of vaccinations has been a joke. Orange Duce promised 20 million vaccinated by EOB today. The actual number will be closer to 2 million. Pretty big miss.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:24 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:00 pm Man, that's what I'd call getting kicked right square in the nuts!
You da man!
Aw, thanks. Just doing what any of us would do---- only difference is, I happen to own a vodka column that can make the base for sanitizer! :lol:

The REAL troopers are people like Cradle's wife, who put themselves in harm's way to help others. I don't have the stones to do something like that! Tip of the hat to Mrs. Cradle!
... that raises the question, has Mrs. C&S managed to get her vaccination yet?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:31 pm Last day of the year, 350K dead in 10 months. I would say it is pretty clear now that outside of the scientists developing the vaccines, we as a nation have totally f**ked up the response to COVID. Leadership has been beyond pathetic. Even after the vaccine was released, our distribution and roll out of vaccinations has been a joke. Orange Duce promised 20 million vaccinated by EOB today. The actual number will be closer to 2 million. Pretty big miss.
That’s 420 thousand annualized. My guess is that we will be close to 500 thousand. 10x the flu, generally, which is actually a “win”. I would love to know what that number would have been had we left it up to personal irresponsibility....probably a lower death count because that is perfectly logical.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Yep. Awesome, right?

Yeah, places that didn't make a profit off of sanitizer should be exempt.

If they are stupid enough to go ahead with it, I'd set up a GoFundMe or something similar. I imagine you'd have a lot of people willing to throw in a few bucks.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Yep. Awesome, right?

Can you deduct any of your costs as a charitable donation ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:46 pm Yeah, places that didn't make a profit off of sanitizer should be exempt.

If they are stupid enough to go ahead with it, I'd set up a GoFundMe or something similar. I imagine you'd have a lot of people willing to throw in a few bucks.
We don't need a GoFundMe, thanks. There are many more businesses that do. We'd eat the cost, and move on.

I really don't think it will come to that.

And no, OS, we can't deduct the donations because we were moving far too fast for normal paperwork.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:31 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:46 pm Yeah, places that didn't make a profit off of sanitizer should be exempt.

We don't need a GoFundMe, thanks. There are many more businesses that do. We'd eat the cost, and move on.

I really don't think it will come to that.

And no, OS, we can't deduct the donations because we were moving far too fast for normal paperwork.
We need to get you on FoxNews. Send an email with your story to Hannity or Tucker Carlson or the Money Honey.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:54 pm We need to get you on FoxNews. Send an email with your story to Hannity or Tucker Carlson or the Money Honey.
:lol: They don't put guys like me on the air. We don't have a PR department.

The guys you see on FoxNews are the small distillers that have been bought by Constellation Brands, Diageo, Pernod Ricard....yet pretend to be small distillers. More power to 'em.

They'll appear in a matter of days, I'm sure. This is right up FoxNation's alley....
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Bodies pile up, patient care falters as COVID-19 devastates L.A. County hospitals

DEC. 31, 2020, 5 AM

Los Angeles County’s healthcare system was buckling Wednesday under the unprecedented surge of COVID-19 patients, with bodies piling up at morgues and medical professionals resorting to increasingly desperate measures as they brace for conditions to worsen in the coming weeks.

With hospitals overwhelmed by patients and no outlet valve available, doctors, nurses and paramedics are being forced to make wrenching choices about who gets care and at what level.

No one would believe this is in the United States,” said Scott Byington, a critical care nurse at St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood. “Everyone is doing what they can do. It’s not that anybody is slacking. It’s just that it’s too overwhelming for everyone.”
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... ted-states
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:25 pm
Bodies pile up, patient care falters as COVID-19 devastates L.A. County hospitals

DEC. 31, 2020, 5 AM

Los Angeles County’s healthcare system was buckling Wednesday under the unprecedented surge of COVID-19 patients, with bodies piling up at morgues and medical professionals resorting to increasingly desperate measures as they brace for conditions to worsen in the coming weeks.

With hospitals overwhelmed by patients and no outlet valve available, doctors, nurses and paramedics are being forced to make wrenching choices about who gets care and at what level.

No one would believe this is in the United States,” said Scott Byington, a critical care nurse at St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood. “Everyone is doing what they can do. It’s not that anybody is slacking. It’s just that it’s too overwhelming for everyone.”
Closer to Rwanda.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:04 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:54 pm We need to get you on FoxNews. Send an email with your story to Hannity or Tucker Carlson or the Money Honey.
:lol: They don't put guys like me on the air. We don't have a PR department.

The guys you see on FoxNews are the small distillers that have been bought by Constellation Brands, Diageo, Pernod Ricard....yet pretend to be small distillers. More power to 'em.

They'll appear in a matter of days, I'm sure. This is right up FoxNation's alley....
Joe Rogan would, though. Being completely serious.

What IS that lyric from the Smith's "heaven knows I'm miserable now" ?

...in my life, why do I give valuable time.....
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:29 pm
CU77 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:25 pm

DEC. 31, 2020, 5 AM

Closer to Rwanda.
Can we see the bodies piled up in morgues......?

The final tally, according to most here, will be at least 3.4 million dead in the USA, 2020.

By the time the final numbers are compiled, the new administration will have done remarkably well. The original cares act, with the covid committee, will become active.....oh boy. taats thread has that topic, but it IS very much covid related.

As IS the billions to be paid out for "covid care", What the heck that means. I got covid. with symptoms.. Not one health care person "cared" for me. But, willing to bet an audit will reveal that the rapid test, that I paid for, coincideded with a Federal Covid claim, as per the March 2020 C.A.R.E.S act.

over two thousand "comments" on this thread, and no one has answered if this type of payment system, so very vague, has evah been instituted before.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was

Return to “POLITICS”