2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED.

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:29 pm Calm down. The results haven't even been certified yet. Audits, recounts & legal challenges are routine. It's all transparent, wide open for the BBC & the rest of the world to witness. The media does not certify the results. This was a massive change to our election process. Let's do a little Quality Assurance auditing & reduce any opportunity for fraud in future elections. States still have to decide how they will do future elections. Don't waste this opportunity.
Tell you what: I'll wager a year of my salary, versus one year of your pension, that major changes to how elections are held in any Republican controlled State won't happen. And that you'll hear these same stupid, baseless complaints in the next election that's 2 years away....if the Republicans lose. ...& unless there are significant cases of fraud uncovered now, there will be no basis for this claim, & the results of any recounts, audits or legal challenges conducted now can be used to debunk those complaints. That's my point -- this is a unique opportunity, a large experimental trial, to refine the process. Don't flush it down the drain without seizing the opportunity to examine, analyze it & refine the process going forward.

Deal?

I have ZERO problem doing a State audit (they already do that, but whatever) after Biden is sworn in. You guys REALLY care? Great. Get off your **ses, and fix the problem. I'm for ANYTHING that will get rid of the tinfoil hats.Why wait ? As you point out, it may impact some down ballot races.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Calm down. The results haven't even been certified yet. Audits, recounts & legal challenges are routine. It's all transparent, wide open for the BBC & the rest of the world to witness.
No one cares if whiny little beyotch ("WLB") concedes. No one cares if WLB recounts all 50 states. No one cares if WLB files lawsuits in all 50 states. No one care because we've all assumed that WLB would act like...a WLB.

But none of that matters, because WLB lost and Joe will get sworn in on 1/20/2020. 100%

But as long as he remains president, WLB should at least minimally do his forking job. And part of that job is to comply with valid laws, including the Presidential Transition Act.

WLB can tell the GSA to sign the "ascertainment" so the Biden team can get on with the transition. Ascertainment doesn't require certifications or audits or lawsuits to be completed. Ascertainment in no way is a waiver or admission of any legal challenge to the election (no matter how baseless).

Trump has a right to contest the election. Just like I have a right to win the Powerball. But no one else needs to required to pretend that either of those is going to happen.

Salty really has no bottom. Just like WLB.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:54 pm
Calm down. The results haven't even been certified yet. Audits, recounts & legal challenges are routine. It's all transparent, wide open for the BBC & the rest of the world to witness.
No one cares if whiny little beyotch ("WLB") concedes. No one cares if WLB recounts all 50 states. No one cares if WLB files lawsuits in all 50 states. No one care because we've all assumed that WLB would act like...a WLB.

But none of that matters, because WLB lost and Joe will get sworn in on 1/20/2020. 100%

But as long as he remains president, WLB should at least minimally do his forking job. And part of that job is to comply with valid laws, including the Presidential Transition Act.

WLB can tell the GSA to sign the "ascertainment" so the Biden team can get on with the transition. Ascertainment doesn't require certifications or audits or lawsuits to be completed. Ascertainment in no way is a waiver or admission of any legal challenge to the election (no matter how baseless).

Trump has a right to contest the election. Just like I have a right to win the Powerball. But no one else needs to required to pretend that either of those is going to happen.

I'm fine with funding the transition. Show us where I have advocated otherwise. Anymore straw men ?

How was this handled in 2000 ?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:04 pm

I'm fine with funding the transition. Show us where I have advocated otherwise. Anymore straw men ?

They waited until it was _settled_ because the election was truly in doubt. Not the case here - apples and oranges.
old salt

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:15 pm

They waited until it was _settled_ because the election was truly in doubt. Not the case here - apples and oranges.
What does the law require ? Is the GSA Administrator bound by the media certification of the election results ?

https://www.govexec.com/management/2020 ... on/169854/
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

All these lawsuits!

Maybe Trump has a bone in his jaws, or maybe he is just scattershooting lawsuits because that's all he knows to do when he gets beat.

I have been looking for some non-partisan report that just says what is happening and projects whight might turn out.

I found this:

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:44 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:32 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm I'm not saying "my side is without sin" (whatever that means, in your nuance free universe).
I see. So you're the only one who gets to make sweeping generalizations, and pretend that the *ssholes in Antifa are the same thing as Democrats.
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm It does not justify the rioting, looting, burning out or cities, or random murders in retribution.
...or accepting, enabling or making excuses for them.
Yeah, but you're holding the Dems accountable for the actions of fringe elements.

This mean that YOU are accountable for neo-Nazis that support Trump?

Of course not. So stop with this stuff.
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm Look at how the Dems are now distancing themselves from defunding the police.
See? Now you're stuck. You just told me that the Dems support and enable fringe elements.

Clearly not. If they did, they'd embrace the phrase Defund the Police.

Its an election year, so the right has been working 24/7 to conflate the Dems with Antifa and arsonist.

And the left has been working 24/7 to conflate Republicans with white power ***holes.

Isn't it possible that you're both acting like idiots, and lying your *sses off? ;)
Biden won. No riots. Where's Antifa ? Why all the plywood ? Have the Proud Boys mobilized ?
Did Biden win?
Glad to hear it.

The 'protestors' now are those tough guys Trump talked about, the bikers and the veterans and their 2nd Amendment...

Trump hasn't green-lit violence yet but he sure is stoking the animosity and grievance, the "cheating" them out of Der Leader...which direction it turns is yet to be seen.
right now, it's just a stand off between the donald and doc b. does he call up the military (or i guess probably militia now) to mow down thousands of protesters after the coup? who doubts that?
tbd.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm ..& unless there are significant cases of fraud uncovered now, there will be no basis for this claim, & the results of any recounts, audits or legal challenges conducted now can be used to debunk those complaints.
OS, for heaven's sake. 70% of Republicans think that the vote is fraudulent. They're gonna take that poll again in a few months, as you know.

Wanna wager what that poll says after the votes have been verified?

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm That's my point -- this is a unique opportunity, a large experimental trial, to refine the process. Don't flush it down the drain without seizing the opportunity to examine, analyze it & refine the process going forward.
You're telling me that you don't know that every single Sec of State, and every single County and City Clerk in America does a post mortem after every election?

What do you think these people do over the next two years, before the next election?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:24 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:15 pm

What does the law require ? Is the GSA Administrator bound by the media certification of the election results ?

https://www.govexec.com/management/2020 ... on/169854/
Uh when did the media ever certify an election? Calling a winner isn’t certification Cap’n
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

"Trump has a right to contest the election. Just like I have a right to win the Powerball. But no one else needs to required to pretend that either of those is going to happen."

Well you actually could win the powerball.. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

That tongue must be raw by now.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I see they finally got around to naming Republican Dan Sullivan the winner in Alaska.
🇺🇸 :D

So that gives the Republicans 50 in the Senate with the Georgia runoff elections to go.
Last edited by Cooter on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:59 pm I see the finally got around to naming Republican Dan Sullivan the winner in Alaska.

So that gives the Republicans 50 in the Senate with the Georgia runoff elections to go.
I saw Trump won Alaska and is cutting into Hunter Biden’s lead.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:31 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm ..& unless there are significant cases of fraud uncovered now, there will be no basis for this claim, & the results of any recounts, audits or legal challenges conducted now can be used to debunk those complaints.
OS, for heaven's sake. 70% of Republicans think that the vote is fraudulent. They're gonna take that poll again in a few months, as you know.

Wanna wager what that poll says after the votes have been verified?
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm That's my point -- this is a unique opportunity, a large experimental trial, to refine the process. Don't flush it down the drain without seizing the opportunity to examine, analyze it & refine the process going forward.
You're telling me that you don't know that every single Sec of State, and every single County and City Clerk in America does a post mortem after every election?

What do you think these people do over the next two years, before the next election?
It will be debated, then decided, in State Legislatures around the country.
The more facts (as opposed to opinion polls) they have to work with, the better the outcome.
Typical Lax Dad

“Donations under $8K to Trump ‘election defense’ instead go to president, RNC”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Salty is such a pettifogging weasel. Pathetic.

Here's the testimony from the GSA in 2000 as BvG was raging in December 2000. Quite reasonable stuff under the circumstances. 2000 bears ZERO resemblance to today's situation.

The Presidential Transition Act of 1963 makes it my responsibility to "ascertain" the "apparent successful candidates" for President and Vice President before the funds, services and facilities authorized by the Act become available to the Transition Team. While the Act gives no explicit criteria or deadlines for making this ascertainment, as the legislative history demonstrates, Congress made it perfectly clear that if there is "any question" of who the winner is "in a close contest" this determination should not be made.

Under the Presidential Transition Act, GSA has no role in determining who the next President will be or affecting the contest for the Presidency. The law does not authorize me to pick the next President or predict who the next president will be. Instead, the law creates a simple, common sense requirement for me to identify the President-elect after it is clear that one candidate has won the election. In this unprecedented, incredibly close, and intensely contested election, with legal action being pursued by both sides, it is not apparent to me who the winner is. That is why I have not "ascertained" a President-elect.

https://www.gsa.gov/about-us/newsroom/c ... d-j-barram

Under the current situation, the GSA is not acting in good faith. She's wilfully breaking the law and her oath of office. The statute specifically uses the broad terms "ascertain" and "apparent" intentionally. So that the transition process would not be bogged down in Salty-esque hyper-technicalities that mean nothing and frustrate the national interest.

The GSA needs to be immediately hauled in front of Congress to explain her untenable lawless weasel position.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:18 pm Salty is such a pettifogging weasel. Pathetic.

Here's the testimony from the GSA in 2000 as BvG was raging in December 2000. Quite reasonable stuff under the circumstances. 2000 bears ZERO resemblance to today's situation.

The Presidential Transition Act of 1963 makes it my responsibility to "ascertain" the "apparent successful candidates" for President and Vice President before the funds, services and facilities authorized by the Act become available to the Transition Team. While the Act gives no explicit criteria or deadlines for making this ascertainment, as the legislative history demonstrates, Congress made it perfectly clear that if there is "any question" of who the winner is "in a close contest" this determination should not be made.

Under the Presidential Transition Act, GSA has no role in determining who the next President will be or affecting the contest for the Presidency. The law does not authorize me to pick the next President or predict who the next president will be. Instead, the law creates a simple, common sense requirement for me to identify the President-elect after it is clear that one candidate has won the election. In this unprecedented, incredibly close, and intensely contested election, with legal action being pursued by both sides, it is not apparent to me who the winner is. That is why I have not "ascertained" a President-elect.

https://www.gsa.gov/about-us/newsroom/c ... d-j-barram

Under the current situation, the GSA is not acting in good faith. She's wilfully breaking the law and her oath of office. The statute specifically uses the broad terms "ascertain" and "apparent" intentionally. So that the transition process would not be bogged down in Salty-esque hyper-technicalities that mean nothing and frustrate the national interest.

The GSA needs to be immediately hauled in front of Congress to explain her untenable lawless weasel position.
Is pettifogging a synonym for bootlicking?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:02 pm
Cooter wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:59 pm I see the finally got around to naming Republican Dan Sullivan the winner in Alaska.

I saw Trump won Alaska and is cutting into Hunter Biden’s lead.
Probably too little too late there.

The Republicans did also garner the Alaskan House seat.
So the Republicans have gained 6 house seats so far,
but unfortunately the Democrats have reached the majority level of 218.
Live Free or Die!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:18 pm Salty is such a pettifogging weasel. Pathetic.
don't sweat it, salty! looks like you're in great company!
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hey Salty -- you like Jeh Johnson, right?

He thinks the GSA should get off its ass and let Biden get going:

The four secretaries — Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff, who served under George W. Bush, and Janet Napolitano and Jeh Johnson, who served under Barack Obama — said in a joint statement that the process cannot be delayed while the Trump campaign pursues legal challenges in some states.

"President Trump is assured the benefit of a fair process and the right to file legal challenges and request recounts in certain states, but his legal claims cannot and must not prevent the transition process from beginning. The Presidential Transition Act requires a transition to run concurrently with any election challenges and is intended to ensure the incoming administration is prepared to handle any challenge on Day 1," they said in a statement issued through Citizens for a Strong Democracy, a nonprofit that they founded to educate voters on the safety and security of U.S. voting systems.

Return to “POLITICS”