For hockey fans...

General Chatter
Nigel

Re: For hockey fans...

Post by Nigel »

Five months ago she pleaded in a song. This week the Sabres ownership pulls the plug on GM Jason Botterill. Sorry Melody.

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It is no mystery as to who will be the #1 draft choice in the upcoming NHL draft:

Barring injury, and with the help of very able teammates, he may well become the #1 player in the NHL virtually overnight. Those who saw the IIHF will remember how he dominated the tournament against the very best players in the world. I just cannot wait to see him as a pro.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Goal celebrations in social distancing NHL.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1278321581400510467
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Seattle franchise logo unveiled. Puck drops 2021 season. Release the Kraken!

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Nigel wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:28 pm Seattle franchise logo unveiled. Puck drops 2021 season. Release the Kraken!

0xyGFR3CB2g

I like the name and logo. Wish 'em the best. Let's play hockey!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

DD-Tech wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:35 pm
Nigel wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:27 pm
DD-Tech wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:53 pm The captain Anders Lee with the tweet of all tweets on staying with the Isles.

https://twitter.com/leeberr09/status/11 ... 8619942912
Rivalry is alive and well - NYR president John Davidson turns the knife on Islanders about Artemi Panarin: "We know he wants to be here in New York, specifically with the Rangers."
Isles even offered him more money. Apparently Panarin's lovely wife/girlfriend demanded she wanted to live in Manhattan. I hope he gives her everything she wished for! I hope she drives him nuts. I hope she spends morning day and night on Madison Ave shopping her little Soviet rump off! I hope she drives him up a wall and his game goes to dump!!!! Good luck! RANGERS STILL SUCK!
:mrgreen:

Isles up 2-0, Rangers down 0-2. What's not to like?
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

ha! The Rags. what a bunch of mopes. they looked like crap.

I’ll take our tough guy Pageau over Panarin anytime!

Boyle not even a flinch though :lol:

Pageau lucky he’s not dead!!!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Sweep! :(

Great work by Canes GT James Reimer.

We used to say in Brooklyn, wait'll next year! But, I'm not sure management will do anything to change the team's course. Traded away defenseman Brady Skjei and miss him very badly (ironically, his hit on Jesper Fast had a very telling impact on the series). I wonder what they will do with King Henrik as they do look good as GT. The one positive thing out of this mess is that NYR will be higher in the draft and may possibly get a future franchise type player. One can only hope.

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:56 am

Sweep! :(

Great work by Canes GT James Reimer.

We used to say in Brooklyn, wait'll next year! But, I'm not sure management will do anything to change the team's course. Traded away defenseman Brady Skjei and miss him very badly (ironically, his hit on Jesper Fast had a very telling impact on the series). I wonder what they will do with King Henrik as they do look good as GT. The one positive thing out of this mess is that NYR will be higher in the draft and may possibly get a future franchise type player. One can only hope.

He'd look good in a Kraken jersey in his final year of that contract.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Nigel wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:38 pm
He'd look good in a Kraken jersey in his final year of that contract.

Yup. A true warrior like King Henrik will be quite a leader and inspiration for the new team like the Kraken.

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

and how about them Maple Laffs!!!!

JT with more turnovers than an Italian bakery!

:lol:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Something stinks in Pittsburgh and Mike Sullivan probably should be shown the door. Pretty poor showing vs Montreal and third year in a row they're eliminated in round 1 or 2. They were outworked, outhustled, outhit, and out of emotion by the time today's began. The hated Habs simply counterpunched and frustrated the 'pretty' Penguins, and now they're the ones moving on. Owner Mario isn't going to sit on his hands and do nothing. Changes need to be made and he should begin with the coach.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Nigel wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:32 pm Something stinks in Pittsburgh and Mike Sullivan probably should be shown the door. Pretty poor showing vs Montreal and third year in a row they're eliminated in round 1 or 2. They were outworked, outhustled, outhit, and out of emotion by the time today's began. The hated Habs simply counterpunched and frustrated the 'pretty' Penguins, and now they're the ones moving on. Owner Mario isn't going to sit on his hands and do nothing. Changes need to be made and he should begin with the coach.
agreed. horrible effort
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

could you imagine having to have tortorella in your face after that loss by CBJ tonight???

OMG!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

DD-Tech wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 pm could you imagine having to have tortorella in your face after that loss by CBJ tonight???

OMG!

I thought Torts should've called TO after goal #2. Yell at the team or say nothing but just deflate the Laffs momentum a bit.

Tough penalty call in OT, but probably correct. Leaf player stepped on the CB stick, causing trip, but why does Foligno have his stick in there poking around the players heel? The goal line ref didn't make the call, the neutral zone ref - 60-90 feet away - made the call after the Leaf player sold the trip with a bit of extra time on the ice. Of course, guy wasn't hurt, and he helped rush the puck up the ice and participated on the PP.

Leafs just setting their fans up for a game 5 heartbreak.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Might these two be related? Could be a little family disagreement in Round 1.

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

That five overtime game last night was great but also ridiculous. Yes, there's playoff history and all the lore attached, but rule tweaking should be considered. I would have no problem with making all overtimes after the first (or second) overtime, four on four play. The bulk of play as the 3/4/5 OTs continued last night was dump and change, deflect stretch passes deep and change, and clog up the blue line to deny entry. At times the SOG were few and far between. Beyond respecting the 'warrior' mentality of yesterday's hockey player, attempting to end the game in a more timely manner by opening up the ice is a good idea (IMO). :idea:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

With the recent Rangers dismal failings they now have won the lottery for the # 1 draft pick which is slated for some time in October:

Funny about some of those comments which say it looked rigged.

Looks like they will use the pick to select Alexis Lafrenière:

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/ ... 334554001/

Broadway Blues general manager Jeff Gorton has made some good draft selections in recent years and my hope is that he will bring in a few more impact players like him. The draft this year will have much depth but they lack a second rounder this time. Perhaps they can negotiate for one. Moreover, the team needs to round off the lineup with physical players to protect their skill players and to wear out the opposition. Gorton has not done that sufficiently and the Rangers lack of depth has really hurt the team.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Islanders vs Capitals tonight:

Isles advance ...

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Todd Reirden OUT as Caps head coach....

:lol:

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”