Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by a fan »

CU77 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:36 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:07 pm +1. Call in the State and City attorney, and go through the fine print. Enforce the laws, and take down the network of Karens.
:lol: Then the Karens are going to call their good friend, the Mayor's wife.

Karens didn't get to be Karens by being powerless.
:lol: Sigh. The all powerful Karen. So glad I didn't marry one...and that I"m not a Karen myself.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Tech, I have empathy for more than one person, more than one group of people. And I can empathize with this group for totally different reasons than that group. One of these groups is black Americans. They badly deserve our empathy. For me, politics has nothing to do with this.
This does not say, "But don't because you can't?" (as said by a post-er). This says, Empathy is not a multiple choice questionnaire.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:07 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:05 pm So criminals know the laws the police and gov. turn a blind eye to. It's why they commit the crimes- they think they won't be caught or charged. Its just not that serious.
For example- It's illegal to spit on the sidewalk in some places. Who is enforcing that law? Haul away a couple loogi shooters and people will think twice before they hock one on the curb.
The NCAA each year publishes rules and "areas of emphasis" for lacrosse officials.
Same thing can be done in precincts around the nation that experience a high percentage of these discriminatory crimes or any other crimes, for that matter.
+1. Call in the State and City attorney, and go through the fine print. Enforce the laws, and take down the network of Karens.
Dialog restored- have state and city attorneys on the same page as the LEOs. No surprises when all parties get to the courthouse.
DocBarrister

Final Words From John Lewis

Post by DocBarrister »

While my time here has now come to an end, I want you to know that in the last days and hours of my life you inspired me. You filled me with hope about the next chapter of the great American story when you used your power to make a difference in our society. Millions of people motivated simply by human compassion laid down the burdens of division. Around the country and the world you set aside race, class, age, language and nationality to demand respect for human dignity.

That is why I had to visit Black Lives Matter Plaza in Washington, though I was admitted to the hospital the following day. I just had to see and feel it for myself that, after many years of silent witness, the truth is still marching on.

Emmett Till was my George Floyd. He was my Rayshard Brooks, Sandra Bland and Breonna Taylor. He was 14 when he was killed, and I was only 15 years old at the time. I will never ever forget the moment when it became so clear that he could easily have been me. In those days, fear constrained us like an imaginary prison, and troubling thoughts of potential brutality committed for no understandable reason were the bars.

... Ordinary people with extraordinary vision can redeem the soul of America by getting in what I call good trouble, necessary trouble. Voting and participating in the democratic process are key. The vote is the most powerful nonviolent change agent you have in a democratic society. You must use it because it is not guaranteed. You can lose it.

... Though I may not be here with you, I urge you to answer the highest calling of your heart and stand up for what you truly believe. In my life I have done all I can to demonstrate that the way of peace, the way of love and nonviolence is the more excellent way. Now it is your turn to let freedom ring.

When historians pick up their pens to write the story of the 21st century, let them say that it was your generation who laid down the heavy burdens of hate at last and that peace finally triumphed over violence, aggression and war. So I say to you, walk with the wind, brothers and sisters, and let the spirit of peace and the power of everlasting love be your guide.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/opin ... e=Homepage

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Man who fired 11 shots from 9mm handgun at police during “peaceful protests” charged:

https://breaking911.com/boston-man-who- ... y-charged/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:16 pm Man who fired 11 shots from 9mm handgun at police during “peaceful protests” charged:

“what began as a peaceful demonstration in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood devolved into widespread acts of violence, vandalism, looting and destruction of police property, including the burning of at least one police vehicle on Tremont Street.”

Seems like he got there late after the peaceful protest ended. You ever try to find parking on Tremont Street? Dude probably blew a fuse because he couldn’t find parking....it’s all residential permit!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

This one's for Petey, who earlier today was talking about how good AAs are at basketball. But that's not racist, right?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/sports/2020/ ... px.nba-tnt
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:21 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:16 pm Man who fired 11 shots from 9mm handgun at police during “peaceful protests” charged:

“what began as a peaceful demonstration in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood devolved into widespread acts of violence, vandalism, looting and destruction of police property, including the burning of at least one police vehicle on Tremont Street.”

Seems like he got there late after the peaceful protest ended. You ever try to find parking on Tremont Street? Dude probably blew a fuse because he couldn’t find parking....it’s all residential permit!
that place is impossible. who can blame him.
go sawx!
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:21 pm

that place is impossible. who can blame him.
go sawx!
old salt

Post by old salt »

Failed attempt at triple jeopardy retroactive prosecution of Ferguson cop.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/prosecutor ... listb_pos2

The former Ferguson, Mo., police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown in 2014 won’t face charges following a re-examination of the case evidence, the St. Louis County prosecutor said Thursday.

A grand jury in November 2014 declined to indict Darren Wilson, a white officer, for shooting Mr. Brown, an unarmed Black man, in August of that year.

Mr. Wilson, according to a Justice Department report, confronted Mr. Brown, who was 18 years old, for allegedly stealing a box of cigarillos from a local liquor store, and Mr. Brown walked toward the officer, who had ordered him to stop.

The shooting sparked protests and riots in Ferguson and around the nation, leading to a national discussion about racism and police violence, and helping to galvanize the Black Lives Matter movement.

The Justice Department investigation that led to the report found no grounds to indict Mr. Wilson. The investigation detailed racial bias in the way Ferguson police and courts treated Black people, leading to changes in the St. Louis suburb.

A grand jury in 2014 declined to indict Darren Wilson after he shot and killed Michael Brown, an unarmed Black man.

The case got renewed attention in 2018, when Wesley Bell, a Ferguson City Council member, defeated a seven-term incumbent in the Democratic primary and became the first Black prosecuting attorney in St. Louis County.

In a press conference Thursday, Mr. Bell said that making the decision to not charge Mr. Wilson was “one of the most difficult things I’ve had to do as an elected official.”

Mr. Bell said that after a review of the evidence, his office wouldn’t be able to prove that Mr. Wilson committed murder or manslaughter under the state’s definitions of those crimes. But he said he didn’t intend for the decision to exonerate Mr. Wilson.

“The question of whether we can prove a case at trial is different than clearing him of any and all wrongdoing,” Mr. Bell said. “The only question is whether we can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime occurred. The answer to that question is no, and I would violate my ethical duties if I nonetheless brought charges.”
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:28 pm This one's for Petey, who earlier today was talking about how good AAs are at basketball. But that's not racist, right?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/sports/2020/ ... px.nba-tnt
They are the best dancers!
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Man, I miss that show. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
hickorystick

Post by hickorystick »

Question:
Is observation racist?
ie, What percent of the NBA is made up of black players? Is it then racist to comment that blacks are good basketball players based on that observation?
Would anyone argue that in general blacks are inclined to be better dancers than whites? In their culture, music, dancing, and singing plays a bigger role than the average white family, hence, better dancers. Why is that comment racist rather than about observation.
Italians are good cooks.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Observation isn't racist. Stereotyping is racist. The NBA could be 99% black and "blacks are good basketball players" still wouldn't be true. The NBA has a high percentage of black basketball players would be true.
Caddy Day
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

hickorystick wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:30 am Question:
Is observation racist?
ie, What percent of the NBA is made up of black players? Is it then racist to comment that blacks are good basketball players based on that observation?
Would anyone argue that in general blacks are inclined to be better dancers than whites? In their culture, music, dancing, and singing plays a bigger role than the average white family, hence, better dancers. Why is that comment racist rather than about observation.
Italians are good cooks.

Italians are good cooks!!!! I’ve yet to meet an Italian who doesn’t make the gd best food in the universe! No kidding.

You are allowed to say this because wokedom doesn’t see racial division to sow here. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:52 am Observation isn't racist. Stereotyping is racist. The NBA could be 99% black and "blacks are good basketball players" still wouldn't be true. The NBA has a high percentage of black basketball players would be true.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

blacks are good basketball players. Italians are good cooks. Democrats are child molesters. I guess you can just block his posts...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

blacks are good basketball players. Italians are good cooks. Democrats are child molesters. I guess you can just block his posts...
Caddy Day

Return to “POLITICS”