Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

Post by ggait »

njbill wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:05 pm Wouldn’t surprise me if Trump resigns on January 19 after doing a deal with Mike Pence to pardon him.
Other thing I’ve wondered about. Can you see a defeated Trump showing up for his successor’s inauguration?

Can’t see it. Your scenario would be one way that could happen.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:20 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:05 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:33 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:01 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:24 pm The Holocaust continues, this time in Syracuse:

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2020/06/f ... ustice.htm
As always the solution is there - disarm the government, arm the people.

I like the sentiment but I’m afraid the ‘heroes’ you choose aren’t exactly pictures of peace. “Nickels” seems to have been armed and reaching for his gun?

Anyway, cops will soon be replaced by robots and they won’t care too much when you shoot at them. In order to incapacitate the reckless lefty criminals, the robots will break your kneecaps. I’m all for it.

Atlanta is burning as we speak because a cop shot a career criminal who overpowered two cops and stole ones stun gun and shot at the cops. So the Democrats saw another opportunity to burn down a city. Same as it ever was.
I didn’t know you were in Atlanta. My wife tells me our neighborhood hasn’t been touched and most of the city is fine, tensions are very high because the guy was shot in the back and a cop said “I got him” while a nearby person is overheard saying “yo, there’s kids around here” as the cop is shooting.

But sure speak on everyone and everywhere even if you are just talking out of your a**. Standard practice

This will shock the resident Dems here, but here's a helpful hint: if you drive drunk (you see, that's an actual danger to society...there's this new phenomenon called drunk drivers who kill), pass out in a drive-through lane at a restaurant holding up traffic, fail the sobriety test, then choose to fight the cops, overpower both, swing at one's jaw, steal his gun (stun or otherwise), and THEN fire the stun gun at the cop, I have bad news if you think most cops aren't gonna shoot back.

two things can be true at one time: the guy deserves zero pity, and the cop could have let him run away.
" and the cop could have let him run away."

I hope folks will be happy when that is what more and more police decide to do. I only hope then they don't rip the cops for not doing their job. Any person today that would want to be a cop has to be questioning their career choice. Your damned if you do and soon you will be damned if you don't. :roll:
Shooting a guy in the back is cowardly.
Shooting someone in the back is cowardly. IMO they should have let him run until he passed out from exhaustion. He certainly was in no condition to run very far. The police are sorely in need of a nation wide police policy in the use of force and how restrain a suspect. That being said, restraining someone who is aggressively and violently resisting arrest is no easy thing to do. Often times during these struggles the bad guy is trying to get at your gun. A more effective and practical method of restraining a combative suspect would be helpful. Training on a regular basis is the only option right now. It will take time and of course a lot of money but it has to be done.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

ggait wrote

The only reason that we give you a badge, color of authority, a gun, and a license to kill is because we expect you to be able to use those things lawfully and responsibly. We also assume your employer will have screened and trained you so that you can do that.
Like this, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqZnm7wQeg&t=214s
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:13 am
ggait wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:57 pm First, recognize that the job of a cop is to deal with bad people and bad situations. You are in the wrong line of work if you don't want to deal with drunks, druggies, jerks, criminals, etc. under conditions of stress and emotion. Don't become a doctor if you hate dealing with sick people!

The only reason that we give you a badge, color of authority, a gun, and a license to kill is because we expect you to be able to use those things lawfully and responsibly. We also assume your employer will have screened and trained you so that you can do that.

I suspect the training really let this officer down. Running from the cops is just not a capital offense. The cops knew the perp did not have any weapons (having previously patted the guy down). So if you or others are not in mortal danger, then deadly force is just not even close to being an justified option. Even after taking heat of the moment into account.

Police authorities finally got around to banning car chases in almost all cases. Turns out trying to "always get your man" via a car chase is just too dangerous and unjustified thing to do. There's just so many other better and safer ways to make the collar. Same needs to be applied to choke holds and deadly force.

I can think of 20 easy ways these cops could have collared this perp without using a gun. Like maybe following him slowly on foot and with a cruiser as he tries to run? How far and fast is a drunk guy in the dark really going to be able get? Like maybe going to his house later to make the arrest? Totally do-able since the cops did have the guy's name, driver license and car.

Shooting the guy in these circumstances is NOT doing the job. It is massively failing to do the job.

I do think that the quick firings of these offending officers is going to be pretty helpful to getting the cops to do better. Screw the drawn out union disciplinary process. You screwed up badly; you're fired. Knock yourself out if you want to sue for wrongful termination. But as of today, you've got no job, no paycheck, and no career. Because we take this shirt seriously. Totally the correct management technique.
That's absurd. Resist arrest, attack a cop, take his weapon, attack him with that weapon, expect deadly force in response.
When a cop is attacked or immobilized, the cop's gun can end up in the hands of the attacker, endangering the cop(s) & bystanders.
The perp was under the influence, agitated, not acting rationally, running lose in a neighborhood with a cop's taser & who knows what other weapon. He needed to be neutralized.

There's a simple way to eliminate incidents like these. Don't drive when drunk, so drunk you pass out blocking traffic in a fast food drive thru lane, don't resist arrest, don't take a cop's weapon, don't turn that weapon on the cop, don't flee brandishing that weapon.
Now they're going to make a martyr out of this idiot.
A few details you omitted - they had searched and patted him down so he was unarmed except for the cop's taser (which is not classified as a weapon BTW) which had already been discharged once and then a second time by the perp while fleeing. Unlikely, that a third discharge was even possible. He did not attempt to take the officer's weapon and was not close enough subsequently to do so during the chase when he was shot in the back. They had his license, car and keys - what happened to calling in help to contain him as he fled or pursuing him from a distance until he passed out (likely again)?
You might have had a point about the perp's stupidity but when you start defending the subsequent police stupidity you've lost me especially the part about "neutralizing" people who are not an immediate threat and who are running AWAY from you. You have RADIO clipped to your shirt - USE it before using your firearm. :oops:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Let him run ? He was so out of it he would have run into traffic.
He threw off both cops who had him down & were trying to handcuff him.
He slugged one in the face & grabbed one's taser, then fled.
Too bad the police couldn't immobilize him with a choke hold long enough to handcuff him.
Keep up this insanity of pandering politicians selling them out to appease the mob & we'll have no police.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:31 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:25 pm
There will never be a Fort Trump. That I can tell you. Nor a USS Trump, a Trump Park (Trump Plaza already bit the dust), or anything of the sort. If they ever built a monument to Trump, it would be the first such structure in history to be torn down on the same day it was erected.

Maybe NYC will name its dump after him. The Trump Dump. Catchy. And fitting. Home of the Trump stink.

Book marked for possible Post of the Year!
Can't sewerage treatments plants be named after the tRump family? Fitting in so many ways.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:07 am
Let him run ? He was so out of it he would have run into traffic.
He threw off both cops who had him down & were trying to handcuff him.
He slugged one in the face & grabbed one's taser, then fled.
Too bad the police couldn't immobilize him with a choke hold long enough to handcuff him.
Keep up this insanity of pandering politicians selling the out to appease the mob & we'll have no police.
Not sure what rioting when people like this guy get shot.......but, what do you expect from the pretends. Who's next, riots for Idi Amin and his types? Riots for the Black evils , all awesome, in Haiti, DR, etc.

Guess it's no different.....many think Whitey Bulger a hero too....
tech37

Post by tech37 »

ggait wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:38 am Salty — you are 100% wrong.

As will be proven when the Atlanta cop is convicted.
No he is not wrong. He is thinking with a level head. You on the other hand have been off the latch with your posts lately. Just read some of your thin-skin and looney responses to PB :roll:

Even if the cop is convicted (and he will be), OS will still be correct. One has nothing to do with the other. The conviction is inevitable to save Atlanta from a fate equal to Sherman's March. The cop will be a scapegoat to placate the outrage mob.

That said, I don't understand why the cop couldn't have stopped the perp with a shot to the legs. The fatal shot seals the cop's fate.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Tech37: thinking contrary to Old Salt is "crazy," "off the latch," "you need help," have "TDS." Just wanted to provide a guide to readers.

Calling ggait's post above "off the latch" is silly. We can all, from afar, have a difference of opinion about the incident, the results. But it doesn't automatically make one of them crazy. This and the statue wars are super-complicated issues.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:34 am

No he is not wrong. He is thinking with a level head. You on the other hand have been off the latch with your posts lately. Just read some of your thin-skin and looney responses to PB :roll:

Even if the cop is convicted (and he will be), OS will still be correct. One has nothing to do with the other. The conviction is inevitable to save Atlanta from a fate equal to Sherman's March. The cop will be a scapegoat to placate the outrage mob.

That said, I don't understand why the cop couldn't have stopped the perp with a shot to the legs. The fatal shot seals the cop's fate.
That is not how cops are trained to shoot. The police are trained to shoot center mass. The theory being if an officer has to discharge his/her weapon they are in immediate danger to themselves or others. Trying to shoot someone who is running away from you in the legs is a tough nut to crack. He could have tazed him, but the guy already had his tazer. :? He could have and should have let him keep running till he ran out of gas. He then could have run into traffic and got flattened by a car and the cop would be free and clear. I sure as hell would not want to be a cop in this day and age. Everybody hates you and everybody is a critic on how you should do your job. I think more politicians should be required to do ride alongs for a week or more. It sure would help in understanding what police have to deal with every single day they are on patrol.
Bob Ross:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:52 am

That is not how cops are trained to shoot. The police are trained to shoot center mass. The theory being if an officer has to discharge his/her weapon they are in immediate danger to themselves or others. Trying to shoot someone who is running away from you in the legs is a tough nut to crack. He could have tazed him, but the guy already had his tazer. :? He could have and should have let him keep running till he ran out of gas. He then could have run into traffic and got flattened by a car and the cop would be free and clear. I sure as hell would not want to be a cop in this day and age. Everybody hates you and everybody is a critic on how you should do your job. I think more politicians should be required to do ride alongs for a week or more. It sure would help in understanding what police have to deal with every single day they are on patrol.
Tough job? Knocking 75 year old guys to the ground. Good morning coward......

what were the pig cops doing in riot gear on YOUR public sidewalks? Buffalo Keep on spitting on your oath.....coward. Answer the question.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

You're right C&S, thanks.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:55 am

what were the pig cops doing in riot gear on YOUR public sidewalks? Buffalo Keep on spitting on your oath.....coward. Answer the question.
Good morning crack head. How are you doing today? :D

https://wham1180.iheart.com/content/201 ... tiful-day/

Here is a "pig story" for you.
Bob Ross:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:39 am Tech37: thinking contrary to Old Salt is "crazy," "off the latch," "you need help," have "TDS." Just wanted to provide a guide to readers.

Calling ggait's post above "off the latch" is silly. We can all, from afar, have a difference of opinion about the incident, the results. But it doesn't automatically make one of them crazy. This and the statue wars are super-complicated issues.
The sequence where Brooks is punching the cop in the face.....multiple times.....is AWESOME. The way Rayshard ripped the taser out of the cops hands ....such wrist strength. Lets' just gloss and glance over THAT part of this "arrest".

When BLM comes to grips with pig cops acting foolishly......AND have protests for the acquital of the cop who killed Daniel Shaver.

NOTHING

Pretends do NOTHING about police idiots and the procedures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OflGwyWcft8
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Where were the protests?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1iZFxkxr6w

Black cops, killing an unarmed WHITE kid.....awesome
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:01 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:55 am

Good morning crack head. How are you doing today? :D

https://wham1180.iheart.com/content/201 ... tiful-day/

Here is a "pig story" for you.
What's up drunk.......

meanwhile, what part of the PROCEDURES arent' you getting? Hadn't checked in with his parole ......threatened cops before.....

Nope...the legal system is FINE cradle.....just fine.

Everything is FINE.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

The MESA police department actually reinstated/hired Daniel SHavers killer.......

He shot a guy, playing simon sayz, in a hotel hallways, kills him......gets off ....and the Mesa Az police give him his job back.

BLM said NOTHING....the pretends said NOTHING.

nope.....nothing wrong with the pigs and their procedures. Nothing.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I'm thinking this is correct (bolded above). On the other hand, I believe he will eventually be absolved by an appellate court once all the rioting loony Democrats calm down and go back to work.

What's eternally fascinating is not one media member outside Fox (or any liberal Fanlax posters) considers the issue of an obviously inebriated suspect swinging fists at police, taking their gun (he had no idea it was a taser...in his state, he probably thought it was the real deal), and then firing it at the police is all that unusual. We live in weird times.

(and yes, the end result of all of this will be absolute chaos in inner cities which will rot even further as the police show up only when the body drops...what is the incentive for any cop to put his pay on the line when the mayor and AG don't have your back?)
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:31 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:25 pm
There will never be a Fort Trump. That I can tell you. Nor a USS Trump, a Trump Park (Trump Plaza already bit the dust), or anything of the sort. If they ever built a monument to Trump, it would be the first such structure in history to be torn down on the same day it was erected.

Maybe NYC will name its dump after him. The Trump Dump. Catchy. And fitting. Home of the Trump stink.

Book marked for possible Post of the Year!
+ 1

Well said NJBILL
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DMac

Post by DMac »

First time I've seen that video and I sure don't see how the cops could have been any nicer or more patient with this guy than they were. What are they supposed to do when the guy turns violent on them? You can't see what happens once the guy turns violent, so how do you know what the cops should have done? This guy was had and needed to be taken fom behind the wheel of that car. Had he just said yeah, I'm all phukked up and cooperated with these two cops who had treated him fairly, none of this happens.

Return to “POLITICS”