All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Trinity

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Trinity »

Remember tone? We needed NY take-charge tone? The black guy was too cerebral. You know who brings the tone? Andrew effing Cuomo, and for the record, I despised the guy until about a week ago. We’ve sent Pee Wee Herman out to faceoff against TD. God help us.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:15 pm OK. So we all know that idiot Trump is responsible for the state of unpreparedness that we are all enduring. So the question is, what do we do for the future? Will we make preparation Priority One or are we going to play the game of improvise and then blame the Democrats like Republicans always do?
what "blueprint" did the shut down pandemic board leave us? It isn't headscratching that there is a 400,000 death total "count" discrepancy from the 2009? you're fine with such data? You folks are soft to NOT question why they can't pinpoint the death count, a little more accurately. What protocols, methods, were recommended at the event 201 event to count deaths.

What do these agencies do, all day long. Post on internet webs, most likely. blaming others for their own screwups.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Bart

Post by Bart »

Bandito wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:10 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:40 pm
Bandito wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:38 pm Greta Thunberg- the child who the left propped up as the savior of the world from the debunked man made global warming hoax, said on her social media accounts she has the ‘Rona. Mother Nature has a funny sense of humor. I’m surprised Jussie Smollett didn’t catch it first!!
That is too bad. I wish her the best.
Did you wish Nick Sandmann the best when he was viciously attacked by the left for wearing a MAGA hat? Just curious if you support all children.
Has he tested positive?

Fly never hit the water.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:23 pm
you're fine with such data?

Evidently, it was too expensive for your hero tRUMP. So he dumps it all and then proceeds to blame Obama.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:16 pm Remember tone? We needed NY take-charge tone? The black guy was too cerebral. You know who brings the tone? Andrew effing Cuomo, and for the record, I despised the guy until about a week ago. We’ve sent Pee Wee Herman out to faceoff against TD. God help us.
TD has still yet to win a championship. faceoffs mean nothing if you face a good goalie and defense. Shot clock supports the demphasis.

Are any smokers dying? Serious question. Sure our healtcare, system, and all it's pretend "privateness" , are tracking the deaths of current smokers dying under the age of 60.

sure they are.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:29 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:23 pm
you're fine with such data?

Evidently, it was too expensive for your hero tRUMP. So he dumps it all and then proceeds to blame Obama.
What was too expensive? trump has INCREASED and increased.

You can't steer me to the pandemic board blueprint either. You know, the one that Obama set up.

Why can't you provide it?

My hero trump? Why do you post comments like this? What does TRUMP have to do with a virus?

Willing to bet, if you go back, you clowns bashed the clown FOR closing down CHina travel. On every single thread.

Doesn't NY have lots of ventalators now? They got THOUSANDS yesterday, did they not?

Gov. control national guard.....NOT the Federal govt. But you STEM guys already know this :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:48 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 pm Biden's VP...
Val Demings
Uncle Joe stuttered as a kid. What's her excuse ?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:12 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:46 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:35 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm RR, is your only point that Trump isn't the only one who fouled up, at any point?

Is ANYONE arguing with you?

If no one is arguing otherwise, why keep belaboring it?...unless your real intent is to provide cover for Trump?

Trump is fouling up in real time and he's the only POTUS we have...thus, eyes on him.
Are you in complete control of your writing? Of course tRump had, and will continue to have, miscues. He is who he is.

So, beyond the obvious, since were NOT arguing, who else have you named as fouling up?
No one.

IS Trump prime minister of Italy? France? England? Iran? How they doin?
How they doin regarding what? This threads topic?

Sorry, poorly debated. This guy clearly said that OTHERS have fouled up. It's this guys statement, NOT mine. But, yet can't name ONE person that fouled up. Only tRumps name is uttered as blameable. it's boring. childish. Unproductive.

Like boozx allen hamiltons getting MORE welfare, guess Hopkins, Harvard, NIH, CDC......need more money to find out what went wrong.

Can't we just use THIS threads answer. Trump. problem solved. Close the thread down.
Those googling and trying to figure out who else to blame..... #OrangeManBad

+1 :lol: :lol: :lol: True dat.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm RR, is your only point that Trump isn't the only one who fouled up, at any point?

If no one is arguing otherwise, why keep belaboring it?...unless your real intent is to provide cover for Trump?

Trump is fouling up in real time and he's the only POTUS we have...thus, eyes on him.
Are you in complete control of your writing? Of course tRump had, and will continue to have, miscues. He is who he is.

So, beyond the obvious, since were NOT arguing, who else have you named as fouling up?
Welcome back triple R. Your unique perspective has been missed.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/bernie- ... -bill.html

bill may get held up. not all that different than this forum!
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:21 pm Did the recommendation about overseas travel discuss PROPER mitigation and process procedures upon disembarking at a destination? BE SPECIFIC. Is the WHO recommendation as shallow as some posters make it out to be? Maybe it is. Remember, the US is said to be 6-8 weeks behind other countries in addressing the methods that could best slow spread. WHY IS THAT? BE SPECIFIC now, why is NO or very little blame being directed at the US federal "response" by many posters? Maybe i have not gone far enough back in the thread to see a more reasonable post on the topic from this particular poster, but the more standard gauntlet-throwing challenges to the way the approach is being criticised is what tends to jump out at you...

Such hostility and anger Dis. You should journey down to Gino's for a cheese steak with wiz and a cup of fries. Wipe the grease off a yer chin and find yerself in a better mood. No soda pop, i know how you feel about that stuff. ;)
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

No one.

guys, please don't assume we disagree about others fouling up to. I've certainly said so.

Off the top of my head, I've certainly said that the Chinese bureaucrats (3,000 fired) fouled up, that Xi and others held back info from the world several heart beats too long, all of which were important at least as to the timing of this. They then took very draconian measures to choke out the virus' spread, measures we would find difficult to imagine here...I'm not advocating for those measures, I'm advocating to be smart enough to take other measures so the worst sorts can be avoided.

I've said that Italy fouled up big time, indeed their PM has since admitted (refreshing to have some admit a mistake!), by thinking that a travel ban would be enough to protect them and failing to go hard at social distancing as soon as it was known to have penetrated. They're now faced with an in incredibly bad situation, triaging care, health system over run. Intense lock down does appear to be bending the curve but they're far from out of the woods.

In contrast, SK has done a very good job.

I'd not argue that WHO was a little slow out of the gate on travel, but I'm less condemnatory that you seem to be, because they knew the horse was already out of the barn, indeed many, many unidentifiable horses had already left the barn by the time that countries were considering travel restrictions...it was too late. But I think they were wrong nevertheless as ANY slow down would have probably been worth it...IF...countries then got prepared for what was inevitable given those lost horses.

Here at home, it's clear that our arrogance about doing our own tests was a huge mistake. Whole bunch of folks involved in a series of errors.

But this buck stops with Trump.

Here's how bad this really still is: I just got off the phone with a tenant who owns a Cross Fit gym at our building (Maryland) and works as a contractor at NSA for main job. His wife, a hair dresser, has been very sick, flu symptoms, fever etc. Her partner in the business has been sick longer than her. Her partner finally was tested 5 days ago, no test results back. Wife has been unable to get a test, not for the flu not for cOVID-19. Doctors are doing zoom conferences, discuss her symptoms, prescribe her meds. But no test available...she doesn't meet the "criteria". Meanwhile, husband continues to work...no symptoms, but if it's COVID-19, he's potentially spreading virus wherever he goes...he's hoping that because he had a flu shot and he's not sick that it's just the flu...but who knows...and that's in Maryland where we think we have, on a relative scale, our act together!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:42 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/bernie- ... -bill.html

bill may get held up. not all that different than this forum!
Lindsey Graham is a horrible person. We need more ides of march events in this country. Politcally only, lest you violent, warpig loving TAATS infer something else.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:41 pm

Welcome back triple R. Your unique perspective has been missed.
It's indeed unique! :)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 pm

No one.

guys, please don't assume we disagree about others fouling up to. I've certainly said so.

Off the top of my head, I've certainly said that the Chinese bureaucrats (3,000 fired) fouled up, that Xi and others held back info from the world several heart beats too long, all of which were important at least as to the timing of this. They then took very draconian measures to choke out the virus' spread, measures we would find difficult to imagine here...I'm not advocating for those measures, I'm advocating to be smart enough to take other measures so the worst sorts can be avoided.

I've said that Italy fouled up big time, indeed their PM has since admitted (refreshing to have some admit a mistake!), by thinking that a travel ban would be enough to protect them and failing to go hard at social distancing as soon as it was known to have penetrated. They're now faced with an in incredibly bad situation, triaging care, health system over run. Intense lock down does appear to be bending the curve but they're far from out of the woods.

I'd not argue that WHO was a little slow out of the gate on travel, but I'm less condemnatory that you seem to be, because they knew the horse was already out of the barn, indeed many, many unidentifiable horses had already left the barn by the time that countries were considering travel restrictions...it was too late. But I think they were wrong nevertheless as ANY slow down would have probably been worth it...IF...countries then got prepared for what was inevitable given those lost horses.

Here at home, it's clear that our arrogance about doing our own tests was a huge mistake. Whole bunch of folks involved in a series of errors.

Here's how bad this really still is: I just got off the phone with a tenant who owns a Cross Fit gym at our building (Maryland) and works as a contractor at NSA for main job. His wife, a hair dresser, has been very sick, flu symptoms, fever etc. Her partner in the business has been sick longer than her. Her partner finally was tested 5 days ago, no test results back. Wife has been unable to get a test, not for the flu not for cOVID-19. Doctors are doing zoom conferences, discuss her symptoms, prescribe her meds. But no test available...she doesn't meet the "criteria". Meanwhile, husband continues to work...no symptoms, but if it's COVID-19, he's potentially spreading virus wherever he goes...he's hoping that because he had a flu shot and he's not sick that it's just the flu...but who knows...and that's in Maryland where we think we have, on a relative scale, our act together!
What part of W.H.O. declaring a pandemic, worldwide, only 13 days ago. A little slow?

Also, why is a private business running the virus numbers. What is CDC's function?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:38 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:48 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 pm Biden's VP...
Val Demings
Uncle Joe stuttered as a kid. What's her excuse ?
Why do you care?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Listen to this idiot.

“The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!” DJTrump
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:50 pm Listen to this idiot.

“The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!” DJTrump
take it to the organge duce thread. Your comment has nothing to do with solutions, ideas or news regarding the coronavirus. Please take the 27/7 hate to the appropriate threads.

WHO recommends people returning to work....or they did. Are they idiots too? get real.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:49 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 pm

No one.

What part of W.H.O. declaring a pandemic, worldwide, only 13 days ago. A little slow?

Also, why is a private business running the virus numbers. What is CDC's function?
You won't get any argument from me.
Bart

Post by Bart »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:26 pm Put another way, why is there such a large CDC, data driven discrepancy in the 2009 swine flu deaths? World wide and in the US ?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resour ... demic.html

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.**

Are the current, "real time" Johns Hopkins **(huh !!) updates as accurate, or rather INaccurate, as the cdc estimates?

**Why is a private business running the real time data?
Because its an estimate? I would think that very few of the people who died from the disease were actually tested for it.

This is an interesting read: http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspect ... ths-284000

As for the current numbers, I would think the numbers are a more accurate reflection of the death rates due to the nature of those being tested at this time. Certainly in countries like Korea, US, and the European countries.

Return to “POLITICS”