All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

old salt

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:54 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:45 pm OK. They're preserving the airline industry with a line item grant & loans, in return for no layoffs thru Aug 31.
That preserves a critical transportation network, poised for immediate return to service. They're doing the same for passenger rail.
The airlines funnel the grant money to their employees via continued payroll. Oversight/audit will be feasible.
No new distribution channel. There's no analogous way to get money directly to restaurant workers & many other service industry employees.
Sure there is. The SBA.

And I'll get back to you on that after we talk with our bank. I believe they have the same type of grant money that's set up via the SBA directed to all small businesses. Will revert.
There are a finite number of airlines. They ALL hold FAA certificates. It's EZ for the govt to contact/access ALL of them. There's already an oversight channel. They're already in touch & under audit. You can't realistically analogize that to the SBA & the restaurant industry.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I'm not saying that they are analogous. What I'm trying to tell you is that I think Congress and Trump found a way to get grants to tens of thousands of restaurants and other small businesses.....using the SBA as a single point of entry.

I'm saying this is good, hopeful news, and I'll keep you posted.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Greta Thunberg- the child who the left propped up as the savior of the world from the debunked man made global warming hoax, said on her social media accounts she has the ‘Rona. Mother Nature has a funny sense of humor. I’m surprised Jussie Smollett didn’t catch it first!!
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Bart

Post by Bart »

Bandito wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:38 pm Greta Thunberg- the child who the left propped up as the savior of the world from the debunked man made global warming hoax, said on her social media accounts she has the ‘Rona. Mother Nature has a funny sense of humor. I’m surprised Jussie Smollett didn’t catch it first!!
That is too bad. I wish her the best.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 pm Biden's VP...
Val Demings
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

thanks seacoaster.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Bart wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:40 pm
Bandito wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:38 pm Greta Thunberg- the child who the left propped up as the savior of the world from the debunked man made global warming hoax, said on her social media accounts she has the ‘Rona. Mother Nature has a funny sense of humor. I’m surprised Jussie Smollett didn’t catch it first!!
That is too bad. I wish her the best.
Did you wish Nick Sandmann the best when he was viciously attacked by the left for wearing a MAGA hat? Just curious if you support all children.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bandito wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:10 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:40 pm That is too bad. I wish her the best.
Did you wish Nick Sandmann the best when he was viciously attacked by the left for wearing a MAGA hat? Just curious if you support all children.
Tweeet! Bandito, chill out. Bart wishes condolences... so you jump on him?! Not every post needs to be an attack. I repeat, chill out. Tweeet! Play on!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm RR, is your only point that Trump isn't the only one who fouled up, at any point?

Is ANYONE arguing with you?

If no one is arguing otherwise, why keep belaboring it?...unless your real intent is to provide cover for Trump?

Trump is fouling up in real time and he's the only POTUS we have...thus, eyes on him.
Are you in complete control of your writing? Of course tRump had, and will continue to have, miscues. He is who he is.

So, beyond the obvious, since were NOT arguing, who else have you named as fouling up?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm RR, is your only point that Trump isn't the only one who fouled up, at any point?

If no one is arguing otherwise, why keep belaboring it?...unless your real intent is to provide cover for Trump?

Trump is fouling up in real time and he's the only POTUS we have...thus, eyes on him.
Are you in complete control of your writing? Of course tRump had, and will continue to have, miscues. He is who he is.

So, beyond the obvious, since were NOT arguing, who else have you named as fouling up?
No one.

IS Trump prime minister of Italy? France? England? Iran? How they doin?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:45 pm OK. They're preserving the airline industry with a line item grant & loans, in return for no layoffs thru Aug 31.
That preserves a critical transportation network, poised for immediate return to service. They're doing the same for passenger rail.
The airlines funnel the grant money to their employees via continued payroll. Oversight/audit will be feasible.
No new distribution channel. There's no analogous way to get money directly to restaurant workers & many other service industry employees.
Sure there is. The SBA.

And I'll get back to you on that after we talk with our bank. I believe they have the same type of grant money that's set up via the SBA directed to all small businesses. Will revert.

a fan grabbing that SBA emergency loan dosh. You should. But it will come with strings, as you likely know. OTH, if you have to have it, then you have to have it.

https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance ... s-covid-19
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Bulletin - Minnesota Governor issues stay-at-home order:

https://www.fox9.com/news

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/hea ... 5402050a3a

Earlier today, there was a report that we had one death from the virus. None of these reports indicated that there had been any massive or imminent outbreak. We shall see what happens next ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:21 pm Did the recommendation about overseas travel discuss PROPER mitigation and process procedures upon disembarking at a destination?No one can answer this non question. Whom are you referring that is making recommendations about mitigation? WHO? If so, ok. What date are you talking about, if it indeed W.H.O. BE SPECIFIC. Is the WHO recommendation as shallow as some posters make it out to be? Who said shallow ? Maybe it is. Remember, the US is said (who says? ) to be 6-8 weeks behind other countries in addressing the methods that could best slow spread. WHY IS THAT? BE SPECIFIC now, why is NO or very little blame being directed at the US federal "response" by many posters? Isn't the CDC part of the US Federal response? Part of the Federal govt. ? Maybe i have not gone far enough back in the thread to see a more reasonable post on the topic from this particular poster, but the more standard gauntlet-throwing challenges to the way the approach is being criticised is what tends to jump out at you...

Yes, this is ALL on one person. No need to find out why the NGO welfare machine just takes and takes, and provides nothing of substance. No plans. By replacing this one person with anyone but, will solve the problem. No need to investigate why we, as a tax paying nation, aren't better prepared. That our agencies that are set up to protect our health and well being of the country, doesn't interest anyone you. Regardless of what puppet sits in the casa de blanc on PA ave. you don't agree. Which is fine.

Blaming trump for everything is so old. You guys are a fing BOREFEST.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:38 pm
Sure there is. The SBA.

a fan grabbing that SBA emergency loan dosh. You should. But it will come with strings, as you likely know. OTH, if you have to have it, then you have to have it.

https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance ... s-covid-19
This is the old program from the first bill. It's the one that's useless for restaurants....they don't have assets to lever.

We don't need this loan, and won't be taking it.

What I'm discussing with old salt is what's in the new bill.....and the details are far from clear.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I agree here with Runrussell. The obsession with Trump is insane. Others are in government too, including people who have run WHO, CDC, and every other agency known to man well before Trump was elected 3 years back.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:35 pm

No one.

How they doin regarding what? This threads topic?

Sorry, poorly debated. This guy clearly said that OTHERS have fouled up. It's this guys statement, NOT mine. But, yet can't name ONE person that fouled up. Only tRumps name is uttered as blameable. it's boring. childish. Unproductive.

Like boozx allen hamiltons getting MORE welfare, guess Hopkins, Harvard, NIH, CDC......need more money to find out what went wrong.

Can't we just use THIS threads answer. Trump. problem solved. Close the thread down.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:41 pm No need to investigate why we, as a tax paying nation, aren't better prepared. That are agencies that are set up to protect our health and well being of the country, doesn't interest anyone you.
You're smarter than this. Our health officials and health policy wonks aren't in charge of what to do and what to buy. Our politicians are.

If the health officials actually had absolute power? The entire country would have moved to total shelter in place a month ago, and already have a stockpile of all relevant medical supplies sitting in every State, ready to go.

They don't have this power. For obvious reasons, I think.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:46 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:35 pm

No one.

How they doin regarding what? This threads topic?

Sorry, poorly debated. This guy clearly said that OTHERS have fouled up. It's this guys statement, NOT mine. But, yet can't name ONE person that fouled up. Only tRumps name is uttered as blameable. it's boring. childish. Unproductive.

Like boozx allen hamiltons getting MORE welfare, guess Hopkins, Harvard, NIH, CDC......need more money to find out what went wrong.

Can't we just use THIS threads answer. Trump. problem solved. Close the thread down.
Those googling and trying to figure out who else to blame..... #OrangeManBad

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

OK. So we all know that idiot Trump is responsible for the state of unpreparedness that we are all enduring. So the question is, what do we do for the future? Will we make preparation Priority One or are we going to play the game of improvise and then blame the Democrats like Republicans always do?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:51 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:41 pm No need to investigate why we, as a tax paying nation, aren't better prepared. That are agencies that are set up to protect our health and well being of the country, doesn't interest anyone you.
You're smarter than this. Our health officials and health policy wonks aren't in charge of what to do and what to buy. Our politicians are.

If the health officials actually had absolute power? The entire country would have moved to total shelter in place a month ago, and already have a stockpile of all relevant medical supplies sitting in every State, ready to go.

They don't have this power. For obvious reasons, I think.
So, you're all read up on Event 201. Why have oligarchy meetings if nothing gets accomplished.

Why a month ago? I will answer my own question. When did the W.H.O. declare it a pandemic? March 11th. 13 days ago. Guess, who cares about W.H.O. ........and what they declare. Trump is the one that can simulate rRNA t base cellular mutations.

Great AFAN, if our health officials have zero influence. Control. Stop funding them. But, maybe you really don't think I am that smart.

After all, I think, as a career top shelf bartender....HE thinks the tonic water matters. You don't.

Supreme court have any say in our public health? They may. Coughing is an act of "terror" Are you Fing kinging me.

Return to “POLITICS”