Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
loyola11

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by loyola11 »

loyolapride2015 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:54 pm My take on Loyola scrimmage. Overall i did’t notice to much from frosh group. i’m hearing a lot about them from different post but you’re still freshman and Will struggle. It is not that they are not bad they didn’t do much for all the hype. They are trying lot of combinations at midfield but no one was super impressive and they turned the ball over a good amount. James, Hueston, and Seay all ok but they need a lot more development. Poitras was injured so I didn’t see him play. I would say they are all solid but no real superstars. Definitely no all Americans this year for the hounds at midfield. As a team they are surprisingly not a very good passing team. They threw the ball away a lot! I am extremely concerned how they will match up UVAm based on what I saw. Being young and inexperienced is not a great combo. If you add turning ball over it will be a nightmare for the Hounds. On Attack , Olmstead and Lindley are still the keys to offense. Lindley is always open and is very quick but does struggle carrying the ball and feeding is poor. Olmstead can definitely get to the cage but also thrown some questionable feeds and will turn it over. Kamish started inn3rd spot and is solid but can’t seem to hit the cage. He seems to be dodge to score type of attackmen and needs lot of development. Pridmore seems to be off ball player is solid but they need him to carry the load more and create offense because it all can’t be on Olmstead. He did have a nice quick stick goal in 2nd quarter. If he can’t force off ball defenders to slide to him so that is a going to be a problem. Raba got in late in 3rd and had a goal. i though he would be more in mix but maybe not this year. Jack Griffin came in in 4th and was solid. The 3rd spot on attack is a concern at this point and very much a question mark. On a positive note the Hounds defense looked pretty good and are well organized. Shafer was very solid in goal and FO unit very solid. It looks like Toomey is going to go with a lot of younger players this year. It is going to take them a while to get going to take them a while to Gel and get the experience they need to win any meaningful games. The biggest issue will be from a leadership standpoint because they are so young and have so many questions to be answered.
Nice overview... agree with most of what you say, but IMO I think it will be Pridemore at the third attack. Hueston struggled and multiple turnovers, Seay did not do much. It will be middie by committee until they can find a unit that does not turn over the ball. I do believe that Toomey will go young with the sophomore and freshman. May take lumps but building a program
loyolapride2015

Post by loyolapride2015 »

I am struggling to see a Pridemore as 3rd guy at this level. Seeing him in fall and the first spring scrimmage he doesn’t initiate any offense. He doesn’t seem to have a willingness to drive and make defenses react to his movement. I see that happening with Kamish and Raba but not as mush Pridmore. They are going to need that to happen because Linley is inside. If teams start to shut off Olmstead which they will they better have anothe option. They need someone who can facilitate. We will see what he does against Virginia. May they should put Logan Devereaux down there if they don’t have a option Van likes down there.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I think Kamish will be given the chance to be QB2 at attack. Nice to have a secondary carrier in an MVA offense... Pridemore may see time on EMo.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

loyolapride2015 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:01 pm I am struggling to see a Pridemore as 3rd guy at this level. Seeing him in fall and the first spring scrimmage he doesn’t initiate any offense. He doesn’t seem to have a willingness to drive and make defenses react to his movement. I see that happening with Kamish and Raba but not as mush Pridmore. They are going to need that to happen because Linley is inside. If teams start to shut off Olmstead which they will they better have anothe option. They need someone who can facilitate. We will see what he does against Virginia. May they should put Logan Devereaux down there if they don’t have a option Van likes down there.
Okay but Devereaux is more of a stretch shooter. In his 3 years playing he's never been much of an initiator or an inside finisher. Team needs a backup QB option yes (imo its Kamish, i really like what I see on tape and reports from him).

Listen to what Toomey says on his interview- sheds a TON of light on potential options to play. Poitras a natural lefty could've played attack but they want him as a middie. Bateman was listed, so is Heuston as a possible member of their rope unit
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The weather gods are shining on the Hounds. Not too cold, not too warm, overcast so the fans will be subdued.

I like our chances. I see Kamish at 3rd attack. Need Bailey and Pacheco and Cottone to hold up on their end.

Meet you back here after the game.

Let's go Coach...fire these boys up!
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:14 pm The weather gods are shining on the Hounds. Not too cold, not too warm, overcast so the fans will be subdued.

I like our chances. I see Kamish at 3rd attack. Need Bailey and Pacheco and Cottone to hold up on their end.

PB what's your take on middies. We have sooo many freshmen and sophomores fighting for time. Coach said in his interview that the only known coming back thats for sure a starter is Swindell
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:40 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:14 pm The weather gods are shining on the Hounds. Not too cold, not too warm, overcast so the fans will be subdued.

PB what's your take on middies. We have sooo many freshmen and sophomores fighting for time. Coach said in his interview that the only known coming back thats for sure a starter is Swindell

The Hounds have way more firepower than anyone wants to admit...our depth everywhere is awesome. I listened to Coach's radio broadcast...you could hear him say Van Arsdale has many options at midfield. This group will change as the season goes along, but the speed, size, and skill here is excellent.

What I loved most about what he had to say was: 1) close defense is deep and very talented (we could literally lose all 3 starters and still have a great defense; they will allow Shafer to grow into the role) 2) the rope unit is Towson-like this year (watch this unit make a difference tomorrow) and 3) Olmstead is the most underrated player in the country.

I agree with ALL of that! I want to beat the Hoos so badly.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

lol, I got WAY over my skis here...I thought we played/started today! :lol:

I'm more excited to start the season than anyone. Let's go Hounds!!!
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:58 am

well there is a scrimmage today against Richmond at their campus! i'll be checking twitter or social media on richmond mens lax accounts for any updates
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
loyola11

Post by loyola11 »

I heard from my loyola parents that they lost to Richmond 13-11. Multiple turnovers. Poitras huestm and swindell starting mids
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:58 am

Lol, bringing the energy, Peter Brown! It's 60 degrees in February in my neck of the woods and I'm wishing there were more games on to give this saturday a full on spring vibe.
laxfan#44

Post by laxfan#44 »

loyola11 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:41 pm I heard from my loyola parents that they lost to Richmond 13-11. Multiple turnovers. Poitras huestm and swindell starting mids
Kamish had 3 goals
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

Feels like a 2-2 start might be good enough to ease into the season. Go from there. Beating UVA next week is a challenge.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Season is young and new. As a side note, UVA lost their scrimmage to Hobart today.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Lots of starters did not play
loyola11

Post by loyola11 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:18 pm Season is young and new. As a side note, UVA lost their scrimmage to Hobart today.
UVA smoked Towson in the first game
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

loyola11 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:29 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:18 pm Season is young and new. As a side note, UVA lost their scrimmage to Hobart today.
UVA smoked Towson in the first game
Next week's game will be interesting. Virginia started 2 1st years at Close D in the 1st scrimmage and the top reserve was also a 1st year. Our #1 cover guy at Close D, Cade Saustad, has been out all Fall and timing for recovery to full health is unknown. That means either or both Olmstead and Lindley will be covered by a talented but inexperienced pole in their 1st college game. That's a tough matchup and should be an advantage for Loyola.
molo

Post by molo »

If that indeed proves to be an advantage for Loyola, it will be one of just a few. With a defense that was forced to play zone against good teams last year, the rebuilding Hounds have their work cut out for them against the reloading national champions. I don't envy Stover's replacement He's in for a baptism by fire.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

molo wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:18 pm If that indeed proves to be an advantage for Loyola, it will be one of just a few. With a defense that was forced to play zone against good teams last year, the rebuilding Hounds have their work cut out for them against the reloading national champions. I don't envy Stover's replacement He's in for a baptism by fire.

You’re way underestimating our defense. 6 legit D1 starters to choose from.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”