FanLax Forum Poll

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Wheels

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by Wheels »

Glad you all are bringing this back. Looking forward to participating.
SpiritInTheStick

Post by SpiritInTheStick »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:01 am Time to start talking about FanLax Forum Poll 2021. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Pre-Season Polls (and the season already started anyway) and... When should we start? And who's in? As a reminder, this was the Final Poll and this is who participated last season: FanLax Computer, Wheels, Calourie, DU-Fan, Hopfan16, PerryMB, IC Grad, The Orfling, Drcthru, molo, Nelaxtalent, laxpere, SpiritintheStick, jersey shore lax, Typical Lax Dad, OCanada, and anyone else I missed.
I'd love to participate in all 3 men's divisions if they are taking place again. Was a lot of fun last year before it ended too soon.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

SpiritInTheStick wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:10 am I'd love to participate in all 3 men's divisions if they are taking place again. Was a lot of fun last year before it ended too soon.
Awesome. :)
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

We put the Forum Polls on the back burner because we were unsure which teams would be playing and in what capacity and, now... I think we have a pretty good idea of how our season is going to go. So, with this said... Let's get the Forum Poll started. :)

If you signed up last season, your account is still active. You just need to ask me for the password (unless you remember it from last season). If you're new to the Forum Poll, just message me and I'll get you set-up.

You can make your Forum Poll submissions here: http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2020/01/30/fan ... ll-d1-men/.

You can see previous Forum Polls here: https://fanlax.com/category/forum-polls ... orum-poll/.

Let's start after this weekend's games. Polls due on Monday at noon EST. Sound good?
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:39 pm D1 MEN: FanLax Forum Poll

https://fanlax.com/2021/03/22/d1-men-fanlax-forum-poll/
I submitted but missed the noon deadline
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:39 pm D1 MEN: FanLax Forum Poll

https://fanlax.com/2021/03/22/d1-men-fanlax-forum-poll/
That’s pretty good, pretty accurate.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DU-fan wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:13 pm I submitted but missed the noon deadline
Updated... :)
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:15 pm That’s pretty good, pretty accurate.
you don't think that UVA is getting some level of disrespect?
Caddy Day
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:20 pm
10stone5 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:15 pm That’s pretty good, pretty accurate.
you don't think that UVA is getting some level of disrespect?
No
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:20 pm No
Caddy Day
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hah :D
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Know comparative outcomes is a fools game but how is UVM so far ahead of Bryant given the Bryant HTH win. UVM has two losses and a win over Albany, other being a close one to Cuse, Bryant has a loss to Stonybrook and wins over UVM and Providence (not amazing but better than some of the southern schools folks have fed on like Bellarmine, VMI and Mercer.

Small stuff but just wondering because that’s more interesting than trying to figure out why Hop and OsU are ranked.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:53 pm Know comparative outcomes is a fools game but how is UVM so far ahead of Bryant given the Bryant HTH win. UVM has two losses and a win over Albany, other being a close one to Cuse, Bryant has a loss to Stonybrook and wins over UVM and Providence (not amazing but better than some of the southern schools folks have fed on like Bellarmine, VMI and Mercer.

Small stuff but just wondering because that’s more interesting than trying to figure out why Hop and OsU are ranked.
It is a fair point.
UVM played Syracuse really well.
UVM beat Albany who is in the top 20.

Bryant is hurt by the Stony Brook loss. Most people watched Syracuse dominate Stony Brook. And they also lost to UMBC and Hofstra.
Bryant does have an impressive win against Vermont, but...

Losses in the beginning of season don't count as much when ranking teams in the present.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DU-fan wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:53 pm Know comparative outcomes is a fools game but how is UVM so far ahead of Bryant given the Bryant HTH win. UVM has two losses and a win over Albany, other being a close one to Cuse, Bryant has a loss to Stonybrook and wins over UVM and Providence (not amazing but better than some of the southern schools folks have fed on like Bellarmine, VMI and Mercer.

It is a fair point.
UVM played Syracuse really well.
UVM beat Albany who is in the top 20.

Bryant is hurt by the Stony Brook loss. Most people watched Syracuse dominate Stony Brook. And they also lost to UMBC and Hofstra.
Bryant does have an impressive win against Vermont, but...

Losses in the beginning of season don't count as much when ranking teams in the present.
I wouldn’t count that as the same as the MSM Del game though. Early season SBU looked legit the then tailed off once they dropped a game to Hofstra the wheels fell off that bus. Could go either way but we’ve got UVM running 15-17 and Bryant with some consideration which is a pretty big gap. Thats more of a chasm than I would think for two teams that are probably on top of each other.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Come on past Fanlax pollsters. Step up to the plate. Wheels where are you? We need a broader sample to figure out how bad some peoples assessments really are. I myself won't put a team with an under .500 winning pct in my top twenty not matter who they play. Good teams find a way to win, not so good teams find lots of ways to lose. Still a long way to go until May. When considering my rankings I couldn't find a way to include LIU (meaning they don't seem to have been included in the list of D1 options) not that I would have included them this week, but a couple of more victories without a loss and it would be nice to be able to include them in the mix.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I don't think LIU is there (yet) with their resume. I believe it's just conference left so if they beat St Joes and/or Bryant I think they should be getting a look, or if they get to a 5 or 6-1, at 3-1 now. But they have a marquee offensive player and a goalie that may be the best in the conference along with decent FO play (Hobart's Shea crushed them, but he's 73% through his first three games so...) which is a recipe for a non deep, loaded with IL kids, tea to be a top 20 caliber. How did the Bryant teams do it last decade? Waldt and another goalie, some great FO play and some solid athletes. Most small school programs probably fit that bill except maybe RoMo and UVM.

My point was at 4 -1 and one decent win they look as good on paper as JHU at this point who's 2-3 and really been blown out of the three losses.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

calourie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:54 pm Come on past Fanlax pollsters. Step up to the plate. Wheels where are you? We need a broader sample to figure out how bad some peoples assessments really are. I myself won't put a team with an under .500 winning pct in my top twenty not matter who they play. Good teams find a way to win, not so good teams find lots of ways to lose. Still a long way to go until May. When considering my rankings I couldn't find a way to include LIU (meaning they don't seem to have been included in the list of D1 options) not that I would have included them this week, but a couple of more victories without a loss and it would be nice to be able to include them in the mix.
I missed the due date, so I'll make sure to keep a lookout for the next one.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

If you want to submit a Poll into the Forum Poll (or if you already submitted Forum Polls and you just need the password to submit a Forum Poll), contact me before Friday night.
Caddy Day
FanLax Computer

Post by FanLax Computer »

D1 MEN: Some Advice from FanLax Computer

https://fanlax.com/2021/03/24/d1-men-so ... -computer/
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.” -Isaac Asimov

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”