Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by DMac »

Yes sir, that's probably what it was.
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

foreverlax wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:42 am
laxman3221 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:21 pm We took a new shooter out. My boys girlfriend. She had sensible and exceptional gun control. Ringing the steel often at 100 yards her first time out.

Whats with the clear receiver?
Ghost Gun.
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Here it comes. Beto proposes “mandatory buy back” of some long guns.

He’s completely unaware of the English language- not realizing the government didn’t sell the guns in the first place, and/or scared to say “confiscation with limited compensation.”
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
Just saw the BFD added to your post - so here we go:
My proctologist (spelling) has done less then the background checks I have had for my TS clearance; officiating HS football; teaching a college required course; and volunteering at the VA. So, why do you care what is in my vault? BFD. BTW, I have have had two colonoscopies and that annual finger check is great :lol:
LandM

Post by LandM »

BTW TLD,
You did not answer my question - how does my nutball sister-in-law still get to teach 6 to 8 year olds? Laws - alrighty then, seems we need to have a few more.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:53 pm BTW TLD,
You did not answer my question - how does my nutball sister-in-law still get to teach 6 to 8 year olds? Laws - alrighty then, seems we need to have a few more.
My guess was the law allows it. Laws and rules can change.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:50 pm TLD,
My proctologist (spelling) has done less then the background checks I have had for my TS clearance; officiating HS football; teaching a college required course; and volunteering at the VA. So, why do you care what is in my vault? BFD. BTW, I have have had two colonoscopies and that annual finger check is great :lol:
My BFD was sarcasm. Lots of BFD’s used around here. My bad if you took offense. I have no idea what’s in your vault and nor do I care. I just believe we have an over supply of weapons in the country and they are too readily available for criminals. You can disagree....I don’t believe I said take your guns away.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:09 pm
LandM wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:01 pm TLD,
Believe the guy in Philly had a very long and distinguished criminal record. We have laws, maybe we should start enforcing them instead of the hall passes and multiple chances. I am sure the Philly guy was just a lovely boy, loved by all, attended church on Sunday and was a role model for everyone. First time drug offenders selling a little crack or weed get treated worse then the gun offender. How about we work on enforcing the laws in place and tweak the one's that need to be tweaked.

Last I checked cigarette manufactures stock is still positive and the numbers of smokers has declined dramatically but there are people still smoking. All a tax in this area is gonna do is make the responsible and rationale owner get pi$$ed.......good luck.
I agree on the drug dealer in Philly. I don’t know what Temple has to do with him. Let’s put a lovely boy like that away for a long time. Like the cigarette guys, the gun market can contract in this country and they can sell more globally, like cigarettes. Didn’t that boy in Philly have a long gun or did he hit six cops with rocks? I believe we have gun rights. How many and what type may be a different story. If we reduce the availability of weapons in the country and responsible gun owners are ticked.... BFD
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:02 pm
LandM wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:50 pm TLD,
My BFD was sarcasm. Lots of BFD’s used around here. My bad if you took offense. I have no idea what’s in your vault and nor do I care. I just believe we have an over supply of weapons in the country and they are too readily available for criminals. You can disagree....I don’t believe I said take your guns away.
LandM -- disregard the BFD. That was TLD trolling me. He took umbrage to me pointing out that cable news coverage repeated reference to the shooting scene as near the Temple campus might not be a good recruiting look. He has an obsession with me & this is his tactic to squelch me & disrupt any discussion. His aim is erratic, you were just in his sniping crossfire.
LandM

Post by LandM »

DMac and OS thanks for the info. I probably mis heard him or as I am getting older cannot remember :shock: :shock:
Now that is some cool stuff.

OS do we now have OSDS :D

Last night living in van down by the river. We came in late Friday. Tight confines. Guy I am sure nervous about us clipping his car politely says I will park the the home on wheels for you. We are high fiving and doing the jig. What would have taken 30 minutes took 2 and no work :D Last night work out and swim in lake. Guy who parked messing around saying you know all strokes -YEP. Invites us over for chicken dinner. He built the cooker. Around his campfire, dr. Esq, two software developers, a soon to be long haul truck driver, a store cashier and a few business owners. Best part was none of the 50 people around fire knew the other about 6 hours prior. All owned guns but my wife.

The guy who parked us is phone IT and former Ranger whose dad is a prof at MSU and teaches music. This guy could tickle the guts and awesome. Voice. Shared some funny stories.

Rationale people doing responsible things having fun.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I love reading your salt of the earth posts L&M....keep em' coming.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:03 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:07 pm Not to bring another thorny subject up, but does anyone think that if we had a healthier respect for life in all ways we would have less violence?
No.

If we had fewer guns, we would have less violence.

It’s the guns; it’s the guns; IT’S THE GUNS.

DocBarrister
No, its video games and too much salt in our diets. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:41 pm I love reading your salt of the earth posts L&M....keep em' coming.
Oh goodie.Me too.A big fan. He ain't afraid to call a spade a spade. But he should be that ADMIN is very sensitive.CUIDADO!
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:56 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:41 pm I love reading your salt of the earth posts L&M....keep em' coming.
CONTEXT: LET'S HEAR IT FOR SALT OF THE EARTH POSTS--- "Thank you - call a spade a spade. Been wanting to do that - just not a politically correct person - certainly would love to know what BUDs class he graduated from.

Oh goodie.Me too. A big fan.L&M ain't afraid to praise a poster that calls a spade a spade. I hope he's aware of ADMIN'S disdain for folks that post racially insensitive material AKA vile slurs.CUIDADO!

And I'm not sure why this L&M wanted to know which BUDs class I went through? He sure as hell didn't sign up for one. And what does not being "a politically correct person" have to do with BUDs, slurs or anything else?

I too hope he/they "keep em' coming".
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump’s retreating on universal background checks. We already have strong background checks, he says. Doesn’t mention assault rifles. Asked about high capacity magazines, he talks about voter ID and reopening mental institutions.

Congrats, America. We’re the Land of The Bulletproof Backpack for kids.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
LandM

Post by LandM »

MR Murph,
I will give this a whirl:
1. What comes out of my mouth, comes out. My 34 year retired NYS DOT wife shakes her head. I am not PC and think it is sad when you have to stop and think what you are saying as you might get an educated persons label or offend. Live by the rule do not ask the question if you are sensitive to an honest candid answer;
2. My top 5 friends - 4 are minority. My wife is white;
3. Two classmates were SEAL team 6 commanders - Scotty Moore (introduced me to a lax stick) and Brian Losey who Senator McCain ruined his career. Thought you may have served with them;
4. On my third AFSC got to jump out of planes not fly them so had some fun with SEAL, Delta, and Rangers no Marines - thought you might know some;
5. I wear a sweatshirt occasionally that says NFL Players Association on top - Chargers logo in middle - Players at bottom. Good friend gave it to me - thought you might have played with him;
6. In the last year I have met more SEAL members then Carter has pills including one who was mid-80’s;
7. You called out S&O who helped my kid get through SBU even though he kept saying he was not a. Marine.

You want to know my history ask.

Hope this helped
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:56 pm Nice Washington Post article on the National Firearms Act of 1934, which got the machine gun off the street:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/ ... r-weapons/
NOPE.......poorly researched article from the once decent WashPost.

The timing of these events matter. Don't they?

https://www.npca.org/articles/1915-the- ... EMQAvD_BwE

The veterans never resorted to violence, but they could not avoid tragedy. During the protests, the malnourished 4-year-old son of a veteran died, and two protesters were killed in clashes with police. Less than two weeks after the evacuation, 3-month-old Bernard Myers, the son of a bonus marcher from Pennsylvania, died in a Washington hospital. His parents said the infant’s health had deteriorated after he inhaled tear gas. Countless marchers suffered injuries at the hands of the soldiers, and many lost their possessions in the fires. Yet for all the protesters’ sacrifices and efforts, a divided Congress did not pass the legislation granting them immediate compensation for their war service. As the veterans disbanded and settled in camps across the country, their campaign seemed a complete failure.

Yup.....just more examples of "white privilege", all you history buffs.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Battle of Athens 1946........why we NEED to own guns.

"Isolated" incident in US History (read with a healthy dose of TLD sarcasm )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:18 pm Battle of Athens 1946........why we NEED to own guns.

"Isolated" incident in US History (read with a healthy dose of TLD sarcasm )
Thanks for posting that.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

"What comes out of my mouth, comes out. My 34 year retired NYS DOT wife shakes her head. I am not PC and think it is sad when you have to stop and think what you are saying as you might get an educated persons label or offend. Live by the rule do not ask the question if you are sensitive to an honest candid answer"

I still go with what my mother suggested - if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. When pushed to discuss a subject that may cause a disagreement, based on facts, I try to take an approach consistent with the Golden Rule.

Honest and candidness has nothing to do with being polite and respectful, while attempting to make your point.

Rejection of "Political Correctness", because the concept of respectfulness has gone too far for some (in some cases) is just another way for someone to act like a jerk, while having an "excuse".

Return to “POLITICS”