MD at Cuse, 2/17, 3 p.m.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Wheels,Wheels!

Re: MD at Cuse, 2/17, 3 p.m.

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

Looked like the MD cover girls spent more time reading about themselves than working on their game. Early immaturity showed. Cuse took them to the woodshed. Cuse more athletic all over the field and just pushed the Terps around. Feel bad for Sterling, watching her middies get run by over and over. Thought it would be a better showing. And better prepared.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:46 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:35 pm
laxer12 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:24 pm I think Syracuse's offense is better than Maryland's but the Terp's defense is much better than Syracuse's defense.

I think maryland pulls away in the second half. This is a match up of strength on strength. I think the Terps D and goalie are better than the cuse O
I agree, and will add on Maryland’s typically more disciplined play gives them an additional edge.
Oops on these calls!! Cuse O dominated the Terps D
njbill

Post by njbill »

Add me to the list of those with "oops" calls on this game. I'm going to have to join Aaron Rodgers in his dark room to cogitate over this one.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Brownlax wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:45 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:46 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:35 pm
laxer12 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:24 pm I think Syracuse's offense is better than Maryland's but the Terp's defense is much better than Syracuse's defense.

I think maryland pulls away in the second half. This is a match up of strength on strength. I think the Terps D and goalie are better than the cuse O
I agree, and will add on Maryland’s typically more disciplined play gives them an additional edge.
Oops on these calls!! Cuse O dominated the Terps D
:lol: that they did
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:03 pm i got cuse in this one. That offense is no joke. The Tyrells, Carney and Ward are experienced and talented enough that they will not be held by anyone. even the vaunted MD defense.
From the mountain top.. ;)

Time to put some respect on Cuse's name and we need to stop giving MD the benefit of the doubt until they prove something.
Last edited by Kleizaster on Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

Terps didn’t win a single match up. Draw was a total disaster. Not that extra possessions would have helped the Terps anemic offense.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Itsallgood wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:17 pm Terps didn’t win a single match up. Draw was a total disaster. Not that extra possessions would have helped the Terps anemic offense.
Draw ended up 18-16 Syr, though I think at earlier points in the game, it may have been more one-sided. I was a bit surprised by that final draw stat as I had the sense as the game was being played that Syr was winning the draw more than they evidently were.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I don't know how you call that anything other than an impressive outing by Cuse, holy cow!!!
#8 did a lot of redeeming of herself after the NU battle of the circle, she looked like her old
self today. Very nice performance. Girls on the circle did a nice job too, not surprisingly Nat
Smith had 3 DCs, Maddy Baxter 1, E. Tyrell 1. Draws were a big deal in this one, Cuse never
let Md get on any kind of a roll and turned a number of those DC wins into goals. Impressive
all around performance. What do you say about MT other than she's just a phenomenal player.
Wow, that gal is something else. So good to see M. Carney looking to be 100%, she's mighty
steady and awfully good too. E. Ward looking strong, E. Tyrell is back for sure, Maddy Baxter
realizing she can get to the cage and shoot, Cockerille looking strong, Adamson, Goodale, and
a whole lot of others looking mighty good including Sweitzer in the cage....wow, she's been
just terrific!! Cuse opens with NU and Md, I doubt I'm the only one who was thinking they could
be 0-2 after their first two games but that sure aint the case, very strong looking team. Word had
it that the D and GK were suspect, I sure didn't feel that way after watching that team today.
Sat next to a couple of the superstar's moms, talked to one of 'em during the whole halftime break,
got all kinds of inside scoop. Really nice group of ladies, seem like a pretty tight knit crew.
Was a good day in the Dome, that's a big win for Cuse.
DMac

Post by DMac »

njbill wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:30 pm
Itsallgood wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:17 pm Terps didn’t win a single match up. Draw was a total disaster. Not that extra possessions would have helped the Terps anemic offense.
Draw ended up 18-16 Syr, though I think at earlier points in the game, it may have been more one-sided. I was a bit surprised by that final draw stat as I had the sense as the game was being played that Syr was winning the draw more than they evidently were.
Completely agree, it feels as if that stat is not right. There was a 5-6 differential in Cuse's favor at points in the game and Cuse seemed to win every one they needed to win. It felt as if Cuse had the DC situation pretty much right where they wanted it. Sure didn't leave the game thinking Cuse didn't win the DC battle handily.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Guess the Cuse offense really was the superior unit after all, eh? :D
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

laxer12 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:19 pm Guess the Cuse offense really was the superior unit after all, eh? :D
This is a unit that's been through battles in spite of injuries and overwhelming odds against them repeatedly..they have been molded by fire. They are talented, have chemistry, experience, and know how to play. Been saying this but how many were quick to forget.. :lol:
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:02 pm
Completely agree, it feels as if that stat is not right. There was a 5-6 differential in Cuse's favor at points in the game and Cuse seemed to win every one they needed to win. It felt as if Cuse had the DC situation pretty much right where they wanted it. Sure didn't leave the game thinking Cuse didn't win the DC battle handily.
Speaking of stats… am I reading the box score correctly?? 13 FP shots for MD and 0 for Cuse?
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:47 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:02 pm
Speaking of stats… am I reading the box score correctly?? 13 FP shots for MD and 0 for Cuse?
Yes, that's correct. A bunch of pylons standing there and watching the other team zoom by them- no chance to foul.

In all seriousness, this was one of the worst officiating jobs I've ever seen. I think that DMac will agree since we were sitting together and left wondering what the heck was going on a number of times. Numerous lengthy conversations and confusion on the part of the officials- really out of the ordinary. You were left feeling that they didn't have the game under control. MD seemed to get gifted all over the place but could just not cash in on all of the opportunities they were given.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Actually, Cuse did get a FPS but elected not to go the goal and passed it off.
Can't remember who it was but you will, ketch, a D girl who isn't normally a
shooter. You called the play before it happened.
Here's a first for me, never had I seen a D person crash in on the shooter on
a FPS and reach out with her stick and catch the shot as it's leaving the shooter's
stick. Nat Smith did that and just ran out of the pack with the ball. Speedy little
girl. Can see that play at the 1:41:00 mark of the replay.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Agree officiating was not good. What shocked me more than anything else is that Cuse negated and completely outplayed MD in the four areas thought to be so strong and maybe even the best in the country ... they lit up there defense, lit up there goalie, dominated their draw girl, and dominated their best defender 1v1. Cuse zone also stymied MD's offense and took away their dodging ability. Still believe MD is much stronger than they showed yesterday.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Lax101 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:52 am Agree officiating was not good. What shocked me more than anything else is that Cuse negated and completely outplayed MD in the four areas thought to be so strong and maybe even the best in the country ... they lit up there defense, lit up there goalie, dominated their draw girl, and dominated their best defender 1v1. Cuse zone also stymied MD's offense and took away their dodging ability. Still believe MD is much stronger than they showed yesterday.
I too believe that MD is better than they showed yesterday. But the game was played yesterday. No do overs, unless in the playoffs. I’d still take the Orange as the favorite.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:16 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:03 pm i got cuse in this one. That offense is no joke. The Tyrells, Carney and Ward are experienced and talented enough that they will not be held by anyone. even the vaunted MD defense.
From the mountain top.. ;)

Time to put some respect on Cuse's name and we need to stop giving MD the benefit of the doubt until they prove something.
That Syracuse offense is scary and so much fun to watch! Curious to hear from all the naysayers that Trainor is in over her head. Remember reading all about this last year. She was the one that turned the BC offense into such a potent one when she coached there. Is it really a surprise that she's doing the same at Syracuse.
I am also tired about hearing how good MD is and the dynasty they built. They looked like a very average D1 team. Why not sub a goalie in when the starter didn't appear to make a save.. I thought Cathy was the goat.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Our Nitwit Wingnut, who has disappeared much to the delight of most, if not all, said she couldn't handle the job because she lacks presence of command. Consider the source on that but Kayla sure looks to be very much liked by her players, the team looks to be a tight knit group, and it sure appears as if Kayla is getting the most out of them. She's very much involved with these girls, hugs and high fives when they come off the field. Looks to me as if the young HC has the show under control and has the respect of her players. JMHO.
UO22

Post by UO22 »

Ketch wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:00 am
Lax101 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:52 am Agree officiating was not good. What shocked me more than anything else is that Cuse negated and completely outplayed MD in the four areas thought to be so strong and maybe even the best in the country ... they lit up there defense, lit up there goalie, dominated their draw girl, and dominated their best defender 1v1. Cuse zone also stymied MD's offense and took away their dodging ability. Still believe MD is much stronger than they showed yesterday.
I too believe that MD is better than they showed yesterday. But the game was played yesterday. No do overs, unless in the playoffs. I’d still take the Orange as the favorite.
MD is better than what they showed yesterday. CR is one of the best ever. This is a blip not the radar. 12 FP for MD and 0 for 'Cuse.. Wow - have to convert on them - and they will.

'Cuse along with other schools run a lot of players. CR traditionally does not. They are essentially becoming transfer U - will this impact recruiting?
It may be the case.... Clemson and other schools have plucked some solid players on MD. Some of these players probably would have gone to MD in the past.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

UO22 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:03 am
Ketch wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:00 am
MD is better than what they showed yesterday. CR is one of the best ever. This is a blip not the radar. 12 FP for MD and 0 for 'Cuse.. Wow - have to convert on them - and they will.

'Cuse along with other schools run a lot of players. CR traditionally does not. They are essentially becoming transfer U - will this impact recruiting?
It may be the case.... Clemson and other schools have plucked some solid players on MD. Some of these players probably would have gone to MD in the past.

I am in agreement as well. It is still February.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”