Providence 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wahoomurf

Re: Providence 2023

Post by wahoomurf »

Dux917 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:51 pm With new staff coming together, time to start recruiting - or re-recruiting currently committed players. 2022 class is pretty locked in with signing letter of intents, and would have to ask to be released from commitment. 2023 class has some pretty good players with verbal's, they are the ones that need to be re-recruited. New staff I'm sure will also reevaluate recruits to, to see if they fit with the new style and direction of program.

2022 recruits
Tyler Flynn Midfield Ward Melville (N.Y.)
Richie Joseph Attack Longmeadow (Mass.)
Eric Webb Defense Westfield (N.J.)
Justin Bordner Faceoff Trinity (Pa.)
Owen Finetto. Midfield. St. Joseph (NJ)
Thomas Sarni Attack St John’s Prep (Mass.)
Harrison Sweeney Midfield Conard (Conn)
Ian Olenik. LSM The Governors Academy (Mass.)
Henry Rayner Midfield Mamaroneck (N.Y.)
Eddie Perry Goalie IMG Academy (Fla.)
Cullen Mulhern Midfield Canterbury School (Conn.)
Dean Metzger Midfield H Frank Carey (N.Y.)
Jackson Coutu Midfield Deerfield (Mass.)
Frankie Carroll LSM Ward Melville (N.Y.)

2023 recruits
Matthew Trimmer LSM Greenwich (Conn.)
Christopher Harland LSM Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
Ellis McDonald Defense Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
Spencer Liston Faceoff Wilton (Conn.)
Leo Sequenzia Midfield. Staples (Conn)
Kevin Devine Goalie North Rockland (N.Y.)
Colin Gols. Attack St. Anthonys (NY)
Kyle Basco Midfield. Calvert Hall (Md)
Joey Forchelli Attack MacArthur (N.Y.)
Michael Spaziano Defense West Morris Central (N.J.)
Rhett Chambers Attack Mamaroneck (N.Y.)
Patrick Walsh Attack Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
When did Luke Schmitt, one the Captains of NYS 2022 Champion Garden City decommit from Providence? Is he taking a PG year?
SpiritInTheStick

Post by SpiritInTheStick »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:05 pm
Dux917 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:51 pm With new staff coming together, time to start recruiting - or re-recruiting currently committed players. 2022 class is pretty locked in with signing letter of intents, and would have to ask to be released from commitment. 2023 class has some pretty good players with verbal's, they are the ones that need to be re-recruited. New staff I'm sure will also reevaluate recruits to, to see if they fit with the new style and direction of program.

2022 recruits
Tyler Flynn Midfield Ward Melville (N.Y.)
Richie Joseph Attack Longmeadow (Mass.)
Eric Webb Defense Westfield (N.J.)
Justin Bordner Faceoff Trinity (Pa.)
Owen Finetto. Midfield. St. Joseph (NJ)
Thomas Sarni Attack St John’s Prep (Mass.)
Harrison Sweeney Midfield Conard (Conn)
Ian Olenik. LSM The Governors Academy (Mass.)
Henry Rayner Midfield Mamaroneck (N.Y.)
Eddie Perry Goalie IMG Academy (Fla.)
Cullen Mulhern Midfield Canterbury School (Conn.)
Dean Metzger Midfield H Frank Carey (N.Y.)
Jackson Coutu Midfield Deerfield (Mass.)
Frankie Carroll LSM Ward Melville (N.Y.)

2023 recruits
Matthew Trimmer LSM Greenwich (Conn.)
Christopher Harland LSM Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
Ellis McDonald Defense Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
Spencer Liston Faceoff Wilton (Conn.)
Leo Sequenzia Midfield. Staples (Conn)
Kevin Devine Goalie North Rockland (N.Y.)
Colin Gols. Attack St. Anthonys (NY)
Kyle Basco Midfield. Calvert Hall (Md)
Joey Forchelli Attack MacArthur (N.Y.)
Michael Spaziano Defense West Morris Central (N.J.)
Rhett Chambers Attack Mamaroneck (N.Y.)
Patrick Walsh Attack Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
When did Luke Schmitt, one the Captains of NYS 2022 Champion Garden City decommit from Providence? Is he taking a PG year?
I believe he decommitted and will be attending Trinity College
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

Dux917 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:51 pm
[
Schmitt hasn't been on any of the "official" lists, but I did see him down as committed to Providence in a few articles about Garden City lacrosse - recently. Maybe he just didn't announce the commitment via social media, etc - or maybe a PG year. With a new staff, it will be interesting to see who stays committed, transfers in transfers out, etc.
lilax

Post by lilax »

Dux917 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:56 pm
[
Schmitt hasn't been on any of the "official" lists, but I did see him down as committed to Providence in a few articles about Garden City lacrosse - recently. Maybe he just didn't announce the commitment via social media, etc - or maybe a PG year. With a new staff, it will be interesting to see who stays committed, transfers in transfers out, etc.
Schmitt was not recruited to Providence. During the Nassau County Championship broadcast the announcers said he was attending Providence with hopes to walk onto the team.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

What is an "official list"/official list? Where can I find one? Newsday a local rag shows him going to Providence. His grandparents, cousin, coach, and his father told me he would be going to Providence. I looked at the list of PC recruits.BB should be pleased to have him. He's one of only 4 GC seniors who'll play college ball...according to Newsday.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

lilax wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:49 pm
Schmitt was not recruited to Providence.
During the Nassau County Championship broadcast the announcers said he was attending Providence with hopes to walk onto the team.
The Stadium announcers? Interesting that none of us heard that.
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:28 pm
What is an "official list"/official list? Where can I find one? Newsday a local rag shows him going to Providence. His grandparents, cousin, coach, and his father told me he would be going to Providence. I looked at the list of PC recruits.BB should be pleased to have him. He's one of only 4 GC seniors who'll play college ball...according to Newsday.
Usually these two sites have the most updated list of recruits -

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... ce/18/2022

https://lacrossebucket.com
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Dux917 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:28 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:28 pm
Usually these two sites have the most updated list of recruits -

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... ce/18/2022

https://lacrossebucket.com
He’s joking about the “official list” thing.
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

Incoming recruit Tommy Sarni names a state "all-star" in Massachusetts.

TOMMY SARNI
St. John's Prep Senior
Attack
Captain had 41 goals, 29 assists and 70 points ... Eastern Mass. Lacrosse Coaches Association All-American ... Taking his talents to Division 1 Providence College ...Catholic Conference all-star scored the game-winning goal with one second to play to defeat Franklin, 15-14, capping off a 6-goal, 2-assist outing ... Lynnfield native graduates with 74 goals, 52 assists and 126 points for his career as well as a 3.54 GPA ... Was The Salem News' Boys Hockey Player of the Year for 2021-22 ... Three-time state champion (2x in lacrosse, 1 in boys hockey).

https://www.salemnews.com/sports/2022-s ... ium=social
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Dux917 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:42 pm Incoming recruit Tommy Sarni names a state "all-star" in Massachusetts.

TOMMY SARNI
St. John's Prep Senior
Attack
Captain had 41 goals, 29 assists and 70 points ... Eastern Mass. Lacrosse Coaches Association All-American ... Taking his talents to Division 1 Providence College ...Catholic Conference all-star scored the game-winning goal with one second to play to defeat Franklin, 15-14, capping off a 6-goal, 2-assist outing ... Lynnfield native graduates with 74 goals, 52 assists and 126 points for his career as well as a 3.54 GPA ... Was The Salem News' Boys Hockey Player of the Year for 2021-22 ... Three-time state champion (2x in lacrosse, 1 in boys hockey).

https://www.salemnews.com/sports/2022-s ... ium=social
I’m sure Coach Benson and Coach Kennedy can find some use for the young man. ;)

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

New Podcast interview with Coach Benson -

https://twitter.com/LaxAllStars/status/ ... 9626598401
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

First decommit for the new staff - '23 Kyle Basco from Calvert Hall in Baltimore is now going to Bryant. Guess he's following ex-coach Gaberilli.
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

Dux917 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:01 am First decommit for the new staff - '23 Kyle Basco from Calvert Hall in Baltimore is now going to Bryant. Guess he's following ex-coach Gaberilli.
Another '23 recruit goes to Bryant - Patrick Walsh, Avon Old Farms
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

First recruit of the Benson era - 2023 recruit Luca Meola, a D from Briarcliff Manor, NY.

https://twitter.com/BCliffLax/status/15 ... 9952035840
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

Friars had a couple of 2023 recruits commit recently, but just nabbed their first 2024 recruit. Ben Dale, Attack from Wheaton ILL, plays prep at Millbrook in NY. He reclassified from a 2023. Seems ranked in a lot of "top 100" lists, so nice first 2024 pick up by new staff.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MChandik26/s ... 3852475393

Also, staff named ex-Georgetown (and UNC) player Colin Munro as a volunteer assistant.
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

Understand two transfers are coming into the program for the upcoming season. Pierce Gregory from Bryant will be a Soph, plays attack. He's from Dover, MA. Patrick Yowan a goalie will also be a Soph. this season. He's from Darien, CT and played his high school lax at Choate. Yowan could step right in and start.
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Dux917 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:25 am Understand two transfers are coming into the program for the upcoming season. Pierce Gregory from Bryant will be a Soph, plays attack. He's from Dover, MA. Patrick Yowan a goalie will also be a Soph. this season. He's from Darien, CT and played his high school lax at Choate. Yowan could step right in and start.
Vincent Horton will also be transferring from Bryant. Same age as Pierce Gregory and Patrick Yowan
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

2023 roster up with incoming freshmen and transfers listed.

https://friars.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

One player mentioned previously on this thread - Luke Schmitt from Long Island, is on the roster. Also another transfer goalie, not mentioned before - James Coarseniti from Fairfield.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Dux917 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:55 am 2023 roster up with incoming freshmen and transfers listed.

https://friars.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

One player mentioned previously on this thread - Luke Schmitt from Long Island, is on the roster. Also another transfer goalie, not mentioned before - James Coarseniti from Fairfield.
Keep this thread banging my friend. We had a few schools where there’s only one for a while but others appreciate it. All I know about prov lacross is limited to a few games vs Hobart and a buddy down here named John Thomas from chaminade who played for them many many years ago. Not even sure it was varsity when he played. But always hoped they’d get in the mix w Nova/DU/GTown and make that league more interesting and competitive.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

PC scrimmages at Merrimack Sun with BU, Brown, & the home team. Benson's inaugural. PC/BU has been a regular icebowl early season game, & of course Friars/Bruno a perennial.
Don't know times or if attendance is allowed. Weather report pretty crappy.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”