Onondaga Nation challenges 1794 treaty with US with Inter-American Commission on Human Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Onondaga Nation challenges 1794 treaty with US with Inter-American Commission on Human Rights

Post by Kismet »

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/15/nyre ... wsuit.html

"Why a Native American Nation Is Challenging the U.S. Over a 1794 Treaty

Onondaga Nation have asked an international commission to find that the United States violated a treaty guaranteeing the nation 2.5 million acres of land."
runrussellrun

Re: Onondaga Nation challenges 1794 treaty with US with Inter-American Commission on Human Rights

Post by runrussellrun »

Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:33 am https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/15/nyre ... wsuit.html

"Why a Native American Nation Is Challenging the U.S. Over a 1794 Treaty

Onondaga Nation have asked an international commission to find that the United States violated a treaty guaranteeing the nation 2.5 million acres of land."
"Revenge of the Pequoits" is a must read........the US Supremes agreed that the centuries old treaty WAS broken.

We say, any land that does NOT pay property taxes, automatically gets ownership transferred to the offended parties.

they can start fracking, since it's it's own "Nation".

man.........Middle East killings over pretend gods, going back thousands of years. This item is shiney and new.

Hope the Nation prevails.

And, thanks again Obama and Hillaryous Clinton (Sec. of State at the time) for helping out with the World Games held in Britian.

Has the "olympics" made any announcement of inclusion ? F ing insane if left out, again. Thank you Irish for giving up a spot. I mean, What the heck are we doing here.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
OCanada

Re: Onondaga Nation challenges 1794 treaty with US with Inter-American Commission on Human Rights

Post by OCanada »

There is more behind the Irish giving up a spot than is being noted here.

The Lakota have a valid treaty and claim on the Black Hills also. There are a few “valid” treaties. Chief White Half Oat never found one though. This is a type of litigation and issue that has gone on for a long time

Onondaga situation

https://www.onondaganation.org/land-rights/faq/
Last edited by OCanada on Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

OCanada wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:54 pm There is mote behind the Irish giving up a spot than is being noted here.

The Lakota have a valid treaty and claim on the Black Hills also. There are a few “valid” treaties. Chief White Half Oat never found one though. This is a type of litigation and issue that has gone on for a long time

Onondaga situation

Yeah, and get Mt. Rushmore the fcuk out of there.

What a dcik-headed move that was.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:25 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:54 pm There is mote behind the Irish giving up a spot than is being noted here.

Onondaga situation

Yup created by someone who was generally considered a d*ickwad.....Gutzon Borglum.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:50 pm

Onondaga situation

Yup created by someone who was generally considered a d*ickwad.....Gutzon Borglum.
Why the * between the d and the I?? dickwad is a perfect expression for what you are saying. So we have one vote for blowing up Mt Rushmore... FTR anyone a dickwad like yourself wants to label a dickwad deserves special consideration. ;). If you wanna see a real dickwad all you have to do is look in your mirror.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:04 pm

Onondaga situation

Why the * between the d and the I?? dickwad is a perfect expression for what you are saying. So we have one vote for blowing up Mt Rushmore... FTR anyone a dickwad like yourself wants to label a dickwad deserves special consideration. ;). If you wanna see a real dickwad all you have to do is look in your mirror.
"While it has been claimed that Borglum was a member of the Ku Klux Klan,[24] an article in the Smithsonian Magazine denies that there is proof that he officially joined the KKK.[25] That said, he became "deeply involved in Klan politics", attending Klan rallies and serving on Klan committees.[26] In 1925, having only completed the head of Robert E. Lee, Borglum was dismissed from the Stone Mountain project, with some holding that it came about due to infighting within the KKK, with Borglum involved in the strife.[27] Later, he stated "I am not a member of the Kloncilium, nor a knight of the KKK," but Howard Shaff and Audrey Karl Shaff claim that "that was for public consumption."[28] The museum at Mount Rushmore displays a letter to Borglum from D. C. Stephenson, the infamous Klan Grand Dragon who later was convicted of the rape and murder of Madge Oberholtzer. The 8x10 foot portrait contains the inscription "To my good friend Gutzon Borglum, with the greatest respect." Correspondence from Borglum to Stephenson during the 1920s detailed a deep racist conviction in Nordic moral superiority and strict immigration policies.[29]"

So, a good friend of a proto-Donald? I guess in the bright side, Donald just rapes, and hasn't murdered yet -- that we know.

So, I'd say "dickwad" is mild descriptor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutzon_Borglum
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:16 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:04 pm

Onondaga situation

"While it has been claimed that Borglum was a member of the Ku Klux Klan,[24] an article in the Smithsonian Magazine denies that there is proof that he officially joined the KKK.[25] That said, he became "deeply involved in Klan politics", attending Klan rallies and serving on Klan committees.[26] In 1925, having only completed the head of Robert E. Lee, Borglum was dismissed from the Stone Mountain project, with some holding that it came about due to infighting within the KKK, with Borglum involved in the strife.[27] Later, he stated "I am not a member of the Kloncilium, nor a knight of the KKK," but Howard Shaff and Audrey Karl Shaff claim that "that was for public consumption."[28] The museum at Mount Rushmore displays a letter to Borglum from D. C. Stephenson, the infamous Klan Grand Dragon who later was convicted of the rape and murder of Madge Oberholtzer. The 8x10 foot portrait contains the inscription "To my good friend Gutzon Borglum, with the greatest respect." Correspondence from Borglum to Stephenson during the 1920s detailed a deep racist conviction in Nordic moral superiority and strict immigration policies.[29]"

So, a good friend of a proto-Donald? I guess in the bright side, Donald just rapes, and hasn't murdered yet -- that we know.

So, I'd say "dickwad" is mild descriptor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutzon_Borglum
I've often used the term dickwad to describe some of the FLP folks on this forum. As well they have described me in the same light. I didn't think some fat assed pasty face white doughboy named trump would be a good fit with KKK types? They must be lowering their admission standards? Fat ass trump in a king size bed sheet would still stand out like a sore thumb at a cross burning rally.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”