Would love to see more in the future!
norcalhop

Re: Predict The Next DI Programs To Get Lacrosse-Only Stadiums

Post by norcalhop »

what are the ones currently?
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, and Denver are the first ones that come to my mind.
Finster

Post by Finster »

gymman1031 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:40 pm Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, and Denver are the first ones that come to my mind.

I’m probably incorrect here but aren’t UNC and Loyola lacrosse only? They might play some soccer or field hockey but no football stripes so far as I can tell.

By the way, the sweetest lady’s lacrosse only is Clemson. If you haven’t seen that video, go find it. Truly insane. The locker room is nicer than my house.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Finster wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:57 pm ...By the way, the sweetest lady’s lacrosse only is Clemson. If you haven’t seen that video, go find it. Truly insane. The locker room is nicer than my house.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmvSNkBBWhk ?

Post by 1766 »

Rutgers. Board approval and fund raising has already started.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

1766 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:24 pm Rutgers. Board approval and fund raising has already started.
Nice. Considering PSU, The OSU and Michigan, the Big 10 is definitely doing right by lacrosse.

Hoping a few more lax teams get natural grass.
laxfan13

Post by laxfan13 »

Princeton has one.
Finster

Post by Finster »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:01 pm
Finster wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:57 pm ...By the way, the sweetest lady’s lacrosse only is Clemson. If you haven’t seen that video, go find it. Truly insane. The locker room is nicer than my house.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmvSNkBBWhk ?

Thanks!

It would be wild if Clemson gets a men’s team. They clearly go all-in.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

gymman1031 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:40 pm Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, and Denver are the first ones that come to my mind.
Notre Dame
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Finster wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:57 pm

I’m probably incorrect here but aren’t UNC and Loyola lacrosse only? They might play some soccer or field hockey but no football stripes so far as I can tell.

By the way, the sweetest lady’s lacrosse only is Clemson. If you haven’t seen that video, go find it. Truly insane. The locker room is nicer than my house.
Most of the ones cited here such as Princeton and others share with other sports. I think they mean lacrosse only - no soccer, field hockey, etc. Denver and Notre Dame qualify.
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

Ohio St. opened theirs last year. Not sure they're exclusive lacrosse but Penn St. and Michigan as well. And I'm fairly confidant UMs is exclusive.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

UNC is lacrosse and soccer. The field is named after current legendary soccer coach Anson Dorrance - 22 National Championships!
Finster

Post by Finster »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:11 am

UNC is lacrosse and soccer. The field is named after current legendary soccer coach Anson Dorrance - 22 National Championships!

Thx. That guy Dorrance I have to assume has a phenomenal marriage. To be able to communicate so well for 20+ years with college ladies means he has a ridiculously superb ability to understand women.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Finster wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:44 pm

Thx. That guy Dorrance I have to assume has a phenomenal marriage. To be able to communicate so well for 20+ years with college ladies means he has a ridiculously superb ability to understand women.
I have had him on my podcast two times - he is an incredible coach and human being.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:54 pm
I have had him on my podcast two times - he is an incredible coach and human being.
Help the handicapped, here, BrownLax.

How do I find your podcast?

PM it to me if we're not allowed to promote stuff here....
Finster

Post by Finster »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:54 pm
Finster wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:44 pm

Thanks. I just googled him; he's been married for 49 years to his high school sweetheart, who herself is quite impressive. Wow.

Post by 1766 »

FannOLax wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:59 pm
1766 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:24 pm Rutgers. Board approval and fund raising has already started.
Nice. Considering PSU, The OSU and Michigan, the Big 10 is definitely doing right by lacrosse.

It's going to be turf for the new Rutgers stadium. It's just too hard to keep natural grass playable at a high level in Feb and March in the NE.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

1766 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:21 pm

It's going to be turf for the new Rutgers stadium. It's just too hard to keep natural grass playable at a high level in Feb and March in the NE.
Back in the early days of the MLL - the New Jersey Pride played their home games on the Rutgers Soccer field. It was a beautiful natural grass field.

Post by 1766 »

Brownlax wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:58 pm
1766 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:21 pm

Back in the early days of the MLL - the New Jersey Pride played their home games on the Rutgers Soccer field. It was a beautiful natural grass field.
Ironically it holds the name of Ronald Yurcak who was a lacrosse player at Rutgers. Soccer has commandeered the facility and wants it to remain grass for obvious reason. Soccer on turf is awful and with the weather being what is it in the fall, grass is a great option. For this reason lacrosse is going to have it's own stadium which will be next to the soccer stadium and share some common space. In 2022 they played their first round NCAA game on Yurcak against Harvard and the field was amazing. It's too bad it can't always be used like that.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”