2024 Season Predictions

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

2024 Season Predictions

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Borrowing/copying Kleizaster's great idea from last year.
The questions below are merely suggestions for making predictions. Feel free to make you own, as well.

Who will win the National Championship?

Who will win the ACC Conference Championship?

Who wins the Ivy?

Who are your Final Four?

Who will win the Tewaaraton?

Which teams will make noticeably great strides? (the way Denver did last year, for example.)

Which players will emerge and shine who were heretofore laboring in obscurity?

Or again—any predictions you might care to make—bold or otherwise.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: 2024 Season Predictions

BC won’t make it back to the national championship game. I think the wear and tear of six straight trips will finally catch up with them—in spite of their stellar infusion of talent via the portal. They’ll have more than enough drive to win the ACC conference championship again though.

Syracuse will take a step back. They won't make it to the Final Four. Too much talent graduated. Who are the on field generals/leaders for the Orange now? Who will take Meaghan Tyrrell's mantle on her shoulders, to not only be the go-to player but the leader as well?

Denver will once again make it back to The Weekend, and will once again fall to the Wildcats, who will win their 9th national championship.

Liberty will win the ASUN conference championship.

Izzy Scane wins her 2nd Tewwy.

James Madison wins both AAC regular season and conference championships.

Both Virginia Tech and Clemson will take a step up in the ACC.

Summer Agostino will have a great year for the Clemson Tigers.

And lastly, Johns Hopkins will finish 3rd in the Big 10 behind Northwestern and Maryland, but will finally beat the Terps for the first time in program history.
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:06 pm Borrowing/copying Kleizaster's great idea from last year.
The questions below are merely suggestions for making predictions. Feel free to make you own, as well.

Who wins the Ivy?

Who are your Final Four?

Which teams will make noticeably great strides? (the way Denver did last year, for example.)

Natty NW x 9
ACC BC over UNC (UNC wins by 1 in Chestnut Hill during regular season)
Ivy UPenn easily
Final Four - UNC v NW - BC v Denver
Tewaaraton Izzy Scane
USC repeats PAC-12 one last time before Big Ten move and has a good season.
Maybe we’ll see Army or Navy top Loyola?
OuttaNowhereWregget

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:28 pm Natty NW x 9
ACC BC over UNC
Final Four - UNC v NW - BC v Denver
Tewaaraton Izzy Scane
Army or Navy top Loyola
I'd love to see these happen.
It would be great for someone new to emerge victorious in the Ivy for a change but I think you're right on with Penn.
Love to see the final four you predict so Northwestern could return to the scene of the crime and drag the powder blue crew ALL up and down the field.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Natty—northwestern
Acc—BC. Rachel Clark and Emma lopinto and Belle smith will be too much for anyone to handle. Cuse takes a step back as MT will be missed. ND has a great year. Acc will be: BC, ND, UNC, Cuse, UVA, tech, duke, Clemson, Pitt.
Tewaarton—scane again.
Final 4 is NW, BC, ND, UNC
Denver doesn’t make the weekend as last seasons magic isn’t repeated.
JMU takes a step backwards as well. Out of top 10.
Maryland and Florida both finish in the top 10.
Loyola also goes backwards and finishes outside top 10
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:06 pm Borrowing/copying Kleizaster's great idea from last year.

Who wins the Ivy?

Who are your Final Four?

Gonna try not to make this boring but it will be

I got BC winning the Championship with Lopinto getting the game winner. 😁

UNC over BC in the ACC Championship

UPenn

Skane wins again but Belle Smith comes close after a laugh a great year even the haters will shut up for a year.

Final 4 BC, ND, NW and UNC

My surprise is Duke. ND steps it up. Also surprise. JMU, Loyola and Florida all have subpar years knocked out of the top 10 with Army beating Loyola in the Patriot league.

Gonna say Summer knocks it our of the park for Clemson. Definitely gonna put up stats against subpar teams out of conference.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Who will win the National Championship? NW

Who will win the ACC Conference Championship? UNC over UVA in finals

Who wins the Ivy? Princeton

Who are your Final Four? NW, UNC, BC, JMU

Who will win the Tewaaraton? Erin Coykendall

Which teams will make noticeably great strides? (the way Denver did last year, for example.). Hopkins, USC, UVA, ECU

Which players will emerge and shine who were heretofore laboring in obscurity? Madison Doucette (not really in obscurity), Jill Smith

- Maryland finishes 3rd or worse in Big Ten
- Columbia wins an Ivy League game
- Towson beats Stony Brook
- Notre Dame and Clemson both doesn't make tournament
- Tim McCormack wins COY
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:15 pm

Who will win the National Championship? NW

Who will win the ACC Conference Championship? UNC over UVA in finals

Who wins the Ivy? Princeton

Who are your Final Four? NW, UNC, BC, JMU

Who will win the Tewaaraton? Erin Coykendall

Which teams will make noticeably great strides? (the way Denver did last year, for example.). Hopkins, USC, UVA, ECU

Which players will emerge and shine who were heretofore laboring in obscurity? Madison Doucette (not really in obscurity), Jill Smith

- Maryland finishes 3rd or worse in Big Ten
- Tim McCormack wins COY
Interesting picks. ECU? I was worried they would fall apart.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:51 pm Natty—northwestern
Acc—BC. Rachel Clark and Emma lopinto and Belle smith will be too much for anyone to handle.
Cuse takes a step back as MT will be missed.
ND has a great year. Acc will be: BC, ND, UNC, Cuse, UVA, tech, duke, Clemson, Pitt.
Tewaarton—scane again.
Final 4 is NW, BC, ND, UNC
Denver doesn’t make the weekend as last seasons magic isn’t repeated.
JMU takes a step backwards as well. Out of top 10.
Maryland and Florida both finish in the top 10.
Loyola also goes backwards and finishes outside top 10
Agreed

Love the way you put the BC take. In full agreement. And I would add Kayla Martello and Cassidy Weeks to the mix.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Relax77 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:50 pm Army beating Loyola in the Patriot league.
Believe me--I'd love to see this but I don't think Army has the horses to run with the AintNoDogs. They graduated 12 seniors after their great '23 season, most notably Kathleen Sullivan (2nd leading scorer) and Julia Franzoni (who was a real sparkplug and also handled most of the draws with 114).
OuttaNowhereWregget

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:15 pm - Maryland finishes 3rd or worse in Big Ten
- Tim McCormack wins COY
Nice ones! Love to see these.

I think there's a good chance both Notre Dame and Clemson make the Dance, but we shall see.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:24 am
LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:15 pm - Maryland finishes 3rd or worse in Big Ten
- Tim McCormack wins COY

I think there's a good chance both Notre Dame and Clemson make the Dance, but we shall see.
I think those are just both functions of the ACC being a lot better at the middle tier. I expect UVA, Duke and Tech to be ALOT better. Assuming similar schedules to last year, I just don't see ND getting to .500 or Clemson getting enough quality wins.

For instance, if ND has a similar schedule to last year, I would expect losses to

- NW
- Duke
- Cuse
- UVA
- UNC

And I think Tech and Clemson are coin flips. Can't see them getting in without a quality top 25 win.
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

Love to hear what the thought process behind UVA and especially Duke being better than Notre Dame next season is?
OuttaNowhereWregget

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:12 am
- Tim McCormack wins COY

I think those are just both functions of the ACC being a lot better at the middle tier. I expect UVA, Duke and Tech to be ALOT better. Assuming similar schedules to last year, I just don't see ND getting to .500 or Clemson getting enough quality wins.

For instance, if ND has a similar schedule to last year, I would expect losses to

- NW
- Duke
- Cuse
- UVA
- UNC

And I think Tech and Clemson are coin flips. Can't see them getting in without a quality top 25 win.
Notre Dame had a much better season last year than many (including me) expected. Their big three are back in Wolak, Choma and Ahearn if I'm reading their roster correctly. Plus they had a significant portal add in Arden Tierney. I wouldn't automatically say they lose to either Duke or Virginia. I think they have a very good shot to make the Dance but we'll see what their '24 slate looks like when released.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Chloe Humphrey leads UNC to an undefeated national championship season. They running clock every opponent and she not only breaks the single season points record, but the career points record just in her freshman year. Because of this, the NCAA decides the next 3 seasons don't need to be played and just gives UNC the national championship for 2025-27. :lol: :lol:

Real predictions: NW beats BC in the title game again. UNC and Denver make the Final Four. Other QF teams are Cuse, MD, ND and JMU.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

- Tim McCormack wins COY

- NW
- Duke
- Cuse
- UVA
- UNC

Funny. I got ND going to the Final Four. 😁
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

I don't think there will be anything too crazy this year in terms of my predictions. I'm hopeful it's a lot more exciting than I'm expecting.

Who will win the National Championship? UNC

Who will win the ACC Conference Championship? UNC

Who wins the Ivy? Penn

Who are your Final Four? UNC, Northwestern, Denver, Michigan

Who will win the Tewaaraton? Izzy Scane

Which teams will make noticeably great strides? (the way Denver did last year, for example.) Michigan

Who wins the ASUN? I think Jacksonville takes a step back and Liberty could be a good choice, but I'm going with Coastal Carolina this spring. (Only posted this one because someone posted Liberty as their choice).
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

MolonLaxe wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:29 pm
Who wins the ASUN? I think Jacksonville takes a step back and Liberty could be a good choice, but I'm going with Coastal Carolina this spring. (Only posted this one because someone posted Liberty as their choice).
I agree Coastal is moving in right direction. Despite losing their leading scorer, they bring back their next 4 or 5. Lots of young talent as recruiting has been upgraded in past couple years.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

- Tim McCormack wins COY

- NW
- Duke
- Cuse
- UVA
- UNC

No chance Notre Dame loses to Duke. Notre Dame attack is very solid and they gave 2 great transfers coming in. They should be 4th in the ACC and could beat one of the top 3. Then again, this is all on paper.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:44 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:50 pm Army beating Loyola in the Patriot league.
Believe me--I'd love to see this but I don't think Army has the horses to run with the AintNoDogs. They graduated 12 seniors after their great '23 season, most notably Kathleen Sullivan (2nd leading scorer) and Julia Franzoni (who was a real sparkplug and also handled most of the draws with 114).
Both Army and Navy had some great freshmen contributions last year, but I doubt they beat the Hounds. The Hounds lose arguably their 2 best players, but they return all of their starting attack and 3 starting defenders and an AA goalie. R. Olmstead is back on defense with a few others that could slot it. Corolla back in the midfield. They lost big players, but overall keep a bulk of their talent.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”