Wokism

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Wokism

Post by jhu72 »

Why the right is so terrified of Woke. There are truths the right can't face.

--- Lyndon Johnson:
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Re: Wokism

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:30 pm Why the right is so terrified of Woke. There are truths the right can't face.

--- Lyndon Johnson:
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."
" Colored man" I woulda thunk LBJ was woke enough to use the term black man? :roll: wait that was the 60s.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:30 pm Why the right is so terrified of Woke. There are truths the right can't face.

--- Lyndon Johnson:
" Colored man" I woulda thunk LBJ was woke enough to use the term black man? :roll: wait that was the 60s.
Johnson?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lbj-c ... white-man/

but nah, "colored" was not rejected until the 70's...peak use was 1970, according to wikipedia.

The search for different terminology did begin earlier, but there wasn't consensus on where to land from the black community until later. It's still evolving.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:02 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:51 pm

--- Lyndon Johnson:
Johnson?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lbj-c ... white-man/

but nah, "colored" was not rejected until the 70's...peak use was 1970, according to wikipedia.

The search for different terminology did begin earlier, but there wasn't consensus on where to land from the black community until later. It's still evolving.

My mom and dad always used black man or black woman in our house. I know they were the exception to the rule.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

''wokism'' is just a word used by the delusional far right to denounce any truth spoken by the patriotic non right
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Ali was pre-wokism too...

Want a list of athletes "pre-wokism" who took strong political positions?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

just speak the truth and the delusional right wing starts crying "woke"
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:24 am Sadly, true: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtKTvZkg ... Q2NzY0OA==
:roll:

yeah, legacy advantage should be sustained at all cost, don't challenge me to consider other points of view, other life experiences, only my legacy views should count. Otherwise I'm going to be offended, think you hate me, don't want me to succeed on the same basis as everyone else; nope, I now have a disadvantage, I'm being discriminated against...ohh woe is me, I'm not "woke"...and maybe you'll make me get an abortion, maybe you'll make me love someone of my own gender, maybe you'll take my trophy, maybe you'll take my job, maybe my children will hate me...ohh woe is me, life's so unfair...

Extremism has a flip side.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:54 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:24 am Sadly, true: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtKTvZkg ... Q2NzY0OA==
:roll:

yeah, legacy advantage should be sustained at all cost, don't challenge me to consider other points of view, other life experiences, only my legacy views should count. Otherwise I'm going to be offended, think you hate me, don't want me to succeed on the same basis as everyone else; nope, I now have a disadvantage, I'm being discriminated against...ohh woe is me, I'm not "woke"...and maybe you'll make me get an abortion, maybe you'll make me love someone of my own gender, maybe you'll take my trophy, maybe you'll take my job, maybe my children will hate me...ohh woe is me, life's so unfair...

Extremism has a flip side.
The last time I checked my coins every one of them has a flip side.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Wokism has ventured into the land of Rock and Roll. With no comment the latest greatest hits of Queen removed one of my favorite songs. Fat Bottom Girls is no longer representative of our American values anymore. :roll:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

as always, better to be "woke" than its opposite which is slept

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Saying 'the most qualified person should get the job' is a microaggression, Britain's top universities insist

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ities.html
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

I like that virtually no one here knows the actual definition of woke.

It's one of the new boogeymen terms that got hijacked from its original meaning.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:54 am
Ali was pre-wokism too...

Want a list of athletes "pre-wokism" who took strong political positions?
Ali was "woke". Dude was sentenced to 5 years in prison because he was "woke".
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Angela just had the Uno Reverse card pulled on her: https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1792526283097653452
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Saw an article a few nights ago about Grace College, a Christian college in Indiana that just fired a professor for tweeting that Tucker Carlson is a fascist. So I was curious, never heard of this so called college. Googled it and spent 15 minutes learning about the place. They claim to have 100+ degree programs, few if any I have ever seen before, basically it is a trade school masquerading as a college. They have an extensive "athletics department". They are a division 1 member of the NCCAA which I had never heard of, but sure I can see that (National Christian College Athletic Association). What I really found interesting is they have a program in the athletics department for "Esport". Playing popular online computer games like Fortnite. This is a scholarship sport at Grace. They are soliciting for high caliber players.

Did a little research into what other "colleges" had Esport programs and what the things are. Found about 200 on a list. No big name elite private colleges or private universities do I recall seeing with officially sanctioned teams. A handful of big state schools, a few main campuses but more secondary campuses. Tons and tons of Christian colleges.

So maybe some of our religious MAGA folks can explain, SO WHO AGAIN ARE THE WOKE??? :lol: :lol: :lol: You folks have a problem with Black History, non-western civilization history, women studies, etc. But think scholarships for "Esports-men" playing online Fortnite is just the thing we need in an educational setting. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:01 pm Saw an article a few nights ago about Grace College, a Christian college in Indiana that just fired a professor for tweeting that Tucker Carlson is a fascist. So I was curious, never heard of this so called college. Googled it and spent 15 minutes learning about the place. They claim to have 100+ degree programs, few if any I have ever seen before, basically it is a trade school masquerading as a college. They have an extensive "athletics department". They are a division 1 member of the NCCAA which I had never heard of, but sure I can see that (National Christian College Athletic Association). What I really found interesting is they have a program in the athletics department for "Esport". Playing popular online computer games like Fortnite. This is a scholarship sport at Grace. They are soliciting for high caliber players.

Did a little research into what other "colleges" had Esport programs and what the things are. Found about 200 on a list. No big name elite private colleges or private universities do I recall seeing with officially sanctioned teams. A handful of big state schools, a few main campuses but more secondary campuses. Tons and tons of Christian colleges.

So maybe some of our religious MAGA folks can explain, SO WHO AGAIN ARE THE WOKE??? :lol: :lol: :lol: You folks have a problem with Black History, non-western civilization history, women studies, etc. But think scholarships for "Esports-men" playing online Fortnite is just the thing we need in an educational setting. :lol:
Dominionist “Ender’s Game”…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”