D3 Lax News

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SKUD

D3 Lax News

Post by SKUD »

WASHINGTON, Pa. -- Washington & Jefferson College has announced the cancellation of its final six men's lacrosse games due to a health situation which has resulted in a roster size that can not safely compete during the month of April.

"We have made this difficult decision based upon the advice of our medical personnel and the safety of the student-athletes on our roster," said Director of Athletics Scott McGuinness. "Over half of our 2023 roster is sidelined for a minimum of three weeks. Our priority is to provide safe, competitive opportunities for our student-athletes and our coaching staff is determined to continue to build roster growth for future seasons. This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but due to the physical nature of a sport like men's lacrosse, it is a necessary decision."

Does anyone know what happened?
Laxaholic123

Re: D3 Lax News

Post by Laxaholic123 »

Reminds me of when Syracuse team had the mumps
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

3* undefeated teams remain:

Tufts and Pfeiffer..... and UHA* who is playing a partial schedule as they transition from D1 to D3. Amazing to see the disparity of schedules for these teams.

Departed the ranks:
Trine was routed by Calvin
Wooster lost to OWU.

Did I miss any?
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

SKUD wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:30 am WASHINGTON, Pa. -- Washington & Jefferson College has announced the cancellation of its final six men's lacrosse games due to a health situation which has resulted in a roster size that can not safely compete during the month of April.

"We have made this difficult decision based upon the advice of our medical personnel and the safety of the student-athletes on our roster," said Director of Athletics Scott McGuinness. "Over half of our 2023 roster is sidelined for a minimum of three weeks. Our priority is to provide safe, competitive opportunities for our student-athletes and our coaching staff is determined to continue to build roster growth for future seasons. This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but due to the physical nature of a sport like men's lacrosse, it is a necessary decision."

Does anyone know what happened?
The team only had a 22 man roster. If they lost just 5 guys, depending on positions, it would be difficult to play.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

SKUD wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:41 am 3* undefeated teams remain:

Tufts and Pfeiffer..... and UHA* who is playing a partial schedule as they transition from D1 to D3. Amazing to see the disparity of schedules for these teams.
I mean, not really. That's D3 sports across the board for you. Every year there are undefeated teams that grab their conference AQ in, say, the football tourney, then lose by 59 points in the first round.

There's a tremendous disparity in d3 sports across the board, with entire geographic regions performing several notches below other regions. I think this applies to most sports, not just lacrosse.

That said, I'm not putting money on Pfeiffer against Tufts.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”