State of the site

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

State of the site

Post by DeepPocket »

This used to be a place where those with inside knowledge were reluctant to divulge anything that could indicate to their source that they leaked it. There were vague clues at best to any sort of program inner workings.

Now in the last month we’ve seen posters’ children identified and named, locker room drama aired out on the public stage, coaches personally tarnished, and accusations of pay to play. It’s sad, and I’ll be dialing it back on here because there are healthier places to talk lacrosse.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
ergit

Re: State of the site

Post by ergit »

100% agree.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:15 am This used to be a place where those with inside knowledge were reluctant to divulge anything that could indicate to their source that they leaked it. There were vague clues at best to any sort of program inner workings.

Now in the last month we’ve seen posters’ children identified and named, locker room drama aired out on the public stage, coaches personally tarnished, and accusations of pay to play. It’s sad, and I’ll be dialing it back on here because there are healthier places to talk lacrosse.
Sorry to see you go, I enjoyed your commentary.
laxerr20

Post by laxerr20 »

Gonna miss you deeppocket, you were one of the only ones here that liked the gulls!
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:15 am This used to be a place where those with inside knowledge were reluctant to divulge anything that could indicate to their source that they leaked it. There were vague clues at best to any sort of program inner workings.

Fully agree, LaxPower & FanLax brought together very knowledgeable posters ranging from college coaching staffs, hs staffs, current/former players, college/hs referees, parents and simply interested fans. There was a decorum to not directly air too much proprietary info nor personal, derogatory critiques.

With such a disparate audience, you get vastly different levels of knowledge & insight as well as personal opinions and emotions. Unfortunately lots of current parents are unaware of the credentials of who they are posting to (arguing rules with patched refs, airing locker room issues with 30 yr retired coaches, etc).

DeepPocket I have always appreciated your analysis, knowledge and insight, especially at D3 where I am a relative newcomer. I hope you choose to continue to share your thoughts here. They are appreciated by many who often read rather than post.
DaFuqDude

Post by DaFuqDude »

DeepPocket Crawled so the NESCAC Lax Forum could RUN
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

DaFuqDude wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:38 am DeepPocket Crawled so the NESCAC Lax Forum could RUN
😂
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

I think this site would benefit more from you sending a message to the admin, to penalize/warn/restrict, the bad behavior ( and you staying), then for you to leave, and the bad behavior continues, until everyone leaves.
redhoya

Post by redhoya »

"I think this site would benefit more from you sending a message to the admin, to penalize/warn/restrict, the bad behavior ( and you staying), then for you to leave, and the bad behavior continues, until everyone leaves."

Couldn't agree more.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

DeepPocket
Dialing back or leaving???
Please don't do either!!
You are valuable here we need you here.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

laxrules wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:56 am DeepPocket
Dialing back or leaving???
Please don't do either!!
You are valuable here we need you here.
+1
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Sorry it's happening here in D3 too.

Stop by the Loyola thread, we have a couple trolls who are an embarrassment.

This is just a tiny part of the reason why the sport has lost some great h/s and college coaches and is struggling to find referees.

My personal thought is that most of it is parent driven. Parents living vicariously through their children and believing all the made-up hype that the instagram/club/training lot is selling.

"My kid 'trains more,' why isn't he playing?!"
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:02 pm Sorry it's happening here in D3 too.

Stop by the Loyola thread, we have a couple trolls who are an embarrassment.

This is just a tiny part of the reason why the sport has lost some great h/s and college coaches and is struggling to find referees.

My personal thought is that most of it is parent driven. Parents living vicariously through their children and believing all the made-up hype that the instagram/club/training lot is selling.

"My kid 'trains more,' why isn't he playing?!"
This is 100% the case. There was a young man on my sons HS team last year. His parents openly said he had to pick a D1 school. They would not allow him to go to a d3 program. This teammate was on the third middie line as a jr. Most parents are fed a sales pitch from the money hungry club organizations, and sadly, too many parents fall for it. Then the kids are not successful at the next level, and the come here and attack coaches and players.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”