Coaching Carousel-2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

Coaching Carousel-2022

Post by gymman1031 »

Right now, the two DI positions open are Providence and St. John’s.

Please share any news and predictions for those two and/or any other positions that might open up soon.
InsiderRoll

Re: Coaching Carousel-2022

Post by InsiderRoll »

gymman1031 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:07 am Right now, the two DI positions open are Providence and St. John’s.

Please share any news and predictions for those two and/or any other positions that might open up soon.
And UMass-Lowell
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:03 am
gymman1031 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:07 am Right now, the two DI positions open are Providence and St. John’s.

And UMass-Lowell
Thanks for the info. I didn't know Coach Stephenson resigned.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m not sure Lowell is fully committed to maintaining lacrosse. Their budget and institutional viability is not great.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Word is that Providence is looking at Jacksonville coach John Galloway. Maybe he would take it. But I still think he might stay at Jacksonville a bit longer and wait to see what happens at Cuse.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:24 am I’m not sure Lowell is fully committed to maintaining lacrosse. Their budget and institutional viability is not great.
Institutional viability?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:49 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:24 am I’m not sure Lowell is fully committed to maintaining lacrosse. Their budget and institutional viability is not great.
Institutional viability?
With smaller schools like Mt Ida already going under and being absorbed by the UMass system the next step is consolidation within the UMass system. Dismiss it at your leisure but the NE demographics for colleges suck and I can say with pretty good primary sources knowledge that the SUNY system is looking to consolidate. Lowell is a nice town but doesn’t need a UMass school there. Frankly the real estate is too valuable .
See Martin, Malcolm
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

gymman1031 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:45 am Word is that Providence is looking at Jacksonville coach John Galloway. Maybe he would take it. But I still think he might stay at Jacksonville a bit longer and wait to see what happens at Cuse.
+1 or any other ACC, or B10 or Ivy for that matter.
I'd think Jacksonville would be every bit as attractive as a Providence, likely more so.
Usually these things result in a budget boost or salary raise at incumbent school when a coach is clearly someone you want to keep as long as you can.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:48 am
gymman1031 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:45 am Word is that Providence is looking at Jacksonville coach John Galloway. Maybe he would take it. But I still think he might stay at Jacksonville a bit longer and wait to see what happens at Cuse.
I'd think Jacksonville would be every bit as attractive as a Providence, likely more so.
Usually these things result in a budget boost or salary raise at incumbent school when a coach is clearly someone you want to keep as long as you can.
Absolutely. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he waits a bit regarding Cuse no matter what jobs come open.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

gymman1031 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:48 am
Absolutely. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he waits a bit regarding Cuse no matter what jobs come open.
He's certainly young enough to be patient.
Interesting times at Syracuse for sure...have to think they give Gary plenty of time though.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I think Cuse is going to be fine next year and Galloway is going to take over for Corrigan when he’s ready. Or Tierney.
See Martin, Malcolm
HGK

Post by HGK »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:36 am I think Cuse is going to be fine next year and Galloway is going to take over for Corrigan when he’s ready. Or Tierney.
Wow
getitdone

Post by getitdone »

Are you forgetting about Matt Brown out at Denver-Heir apparent and deservedly so. J'Ville has had a truly great year for them. Let's not annoint them the 2nd coming. Win the conference tourney first maybe? FF next.
I am actually surprised that we have not heard anything out of Homewood speaking of flash in the pans.
When Dino retires, I think it will be very interesting to see if they go for Caputo, his son Matt, or a proven HC with Duke bloodlines. Now that will be interesting.

Best weekend in sports coming up. Enjoy
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

getitdone wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:04 pm Are you forgetting about Matt Brown out at Denver-Heir apparent and deservedly so. J'Ville has had a truly great year for them. Let's not annoint them the 2nd coming. Win the conference tourney first maybe? FF next.
I am actually surprised that we have not heard anything out of Homewood speaking of flash in the pans.
When Dino retires, I think it will be very interesting to see if they go for Caputo, his son Matt, or a proven HC with Duke bloodlines. Now that will be interesting.

Gotta believe Chemotti would be first phone call when Dino's out..although, I'm sure he'll be on many a short list when the oppt'y presents itself.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

getitdone wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:04 pm Are you forgetting about Matt Brown out at Denver-Heir apparent and deservedly so. J'Ville has had a truly great year for them. Let's not annoint them the 2nd coming. Win the conference tourney first maybe? FF next.

I think heir apparent candidates for jobs are problematic in general and many administrations are moving in this direction. If a guy leaves, regardless of his contribution over time, he’s gone. Shouldn’t really be allowed to pick a successor.

But yeah I thought of Brown. But it depends on how Tierney leaves.

Keep in mind with Galloway that Providendes best success was when he was assistant there prior to going to Jax. Now Gabrielle gets fired. And Jax’s class next year could easily be better than Denver’s. There’s some talent in there whether folks realize it or not.

Duke = Chemotti IMO.
See Martin, Malcolm
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:22 pm

I think heir apparent candidates for jobs are problematic in general and many administrations are moving in this direction. If a guy leaves, regardless of his contribution over time, he’s gone. Shouldn’t really be allowed to pick a successor.

Keep in mind with Galloway that Providendes best success was when he was assistant there prior to going to Jax.

And Jax’s class next year could easily be better than Denver’s. There’s some talent in there whether folks realize it or not.
Could be re: Jacksonville.

Here is one guy I’ve tracked somewhat, Edge Lacrosse who I’ve been touting as up there with Hill Academy as far as Canadian
talent.
6’2” 200 middie from Ontario,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ91vBiujik

And Jacksonville has Dom Petro’s running mate from
Boy’s Latin.
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

Not trying to rain on the John Galloway parade, but I am really confused at all of the hype. He had a very good year this year, one very good year. He hasn’t even come close to accomplishing anything like what Torpey at High Point and Chemotti at Richmond have done. I don’t believe they’ve even been to the NCAA tournament (something both Richmond and High Point have done multiple times).
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

agree to disagree on jacksonville i guess. their inbound class only has 1 rated recruit, a 3 star. obviously IL rankings don't mean a whole lot but it's a point of reference.

j-ville had an impressive record at 14-3 but who was in that schedule matters. a bad loss against a bad hopkins team early in the year - and the ever famous small school beating duke in february. both teams (hop and duke) have proven to be subpar, not making the tourney. the SOCON isn't a good conference and j-ville couldn't win it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:13 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:22 pm

Keep in mind with Galloway that Providendes best success was when he was assistant there prior to going to Jax.

And Jax’s class next year could easily be better than Denver’s. There’s some talent in there whether folks realize it or not.
Could be re: Jacksonville.

Here is one guy I’ve tracked somewhat, Edge Lacrosse who I’ve been touting as up there with Hill Academy as far as Canadian
talent.
6’2” 200 middie from Ontario,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ91vBiujik

And Jacksonville has Dom Petro’s running mate from
Boy’s Latin.
Will Hardy out of CNY is going to be a serious player for them as well. They’ve been very generous with financial aid to get kids. Very generous. It’s clearly important to the institution.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:47 am agree to disagree on jacksonville i guess. their inbound class only has 1 rated recruit, a 3 star. obviously IL rankings don't mean a whole lot but it's a point of reference.

j-ville had an impressive record at 14-3 but who was in that schedule matters. a bad loss against a bad hopkins team early in the year - and the ever famous small school beating duke in february. both teams (hop and duke) have proven to be subpar, not making the tourney. the SOCON isn't a good conference and j-ville couldn't win it.
Denver? Beat them too. Last year everyone is like “chemotti” only beat a big school once, then UVA this year. It’s called projecting.

But instead we “know” how good an assistant at Duke or UMD is going to be? Because the Yale assistants are killing it? Because Pat Myers at Laf? It’s all projection even assuming Torpey could do any better at another school. Jax and HPU are about the same as academic institutions-highly leveraged with few gating issues to get “student athletes” in so any issues Galloway would have at more selective, in demand institutions would be the same for Torpey.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”