Who won the 2020 Presidential election?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

Poll ended at Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:24 pm

Biden
77%
Trump
23%
Nobody
No votes

Total votes: 22

calourie

Post by calourie »

Nothing like a difficult question to separate the wheat from the chaff.
CU88

Re: Who won the 2020 Presidential election?

Post by CU88 »

Not a trick question of us lovers of Democracy.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Putintang
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Under the rules in place at the time Biden is the President. However, the changes in states elections procedures that were decreed by governors using “emergency powers” were not constitutional. The US Constitution gives that function solely to state legislatures. From February 2020 until within a few months of the election there was plenty of time to call for special sessions to work out a better approach than mailing out ballots without stronger security measures.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

get it to x wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:09 am Under the rules in place at the time Biden is the President. However, the changes in states elections procedures that were decreed by governors using “emergency powers” were not constitutional. The US Constitution gives that function solely to state legislatures. From February 2020 until within a few months of the election there was plenty of time to call for special sessions to work out a better approach than mailing out ballots without stronger security measures.
Weren't these theories relating to the constitutional infirmity of state election rules and changes in the face of the pandemic challenged in the courts?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:18 am
get it to x wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:09 am Under the rules in place at the time Biden is the President. However, the changes in states elections procedures that were decreed by governors using “emergency powers” were not constitutional. The US Constitution gives that function solely to state legislatures. From February 2020 until within a few months of the election there was plenty of time to call for special sessions to work out a better approach than mailing out ballots without stronger security measures.
Weren't these theories relating to the constitutional infirmity of state election rules and changes in the face of the pandemic challenged in the courts?
Doesn’t matter if they were or they were not. The Constitution does not permit it. If the referee doesn’t call pass interference it doesn’t mean it didn’t occur.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

get it to x wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:41 am
Doesn’t matter if they were or they were not. The Constitution does not permit it. If the referee doesn’t call pass interference it doesn’t mean it didn’t occur.
Just curious...what court (or courts) made that ruling that is binding on states? Otherwise, it's just your opinion...which also is not binding legally.

Lastly, if what you say is true, how come you never mention all of the other candidates' results on the SAME ballot. Are all of those election results also constitutionally invalid?
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Great, so we're back to the question I asked you before that you didn't want to answer: why did Republican politicians....mayors, judges, Congressmen, Senators, dog catchers, etc....... on those "fraudulent ballots" take their seats after they won their elections?

They're telling you the election wasn't fair, right? So what happened? Why would they take their seats when the story you're telling is that the election was fraudulent?

You don't have an answer.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:18 pm
Great, so we're back to the question I asked you before that you didn't want to answer: why did Republican politicians....mayors, judges, Congressmen, Senators, dog catchers, etc....... on those "fraudulent ballots" take their seats after they won their elections?

They're telling you the election wasn't fair, right? So what happened? Why would they take their seats when the story you're telling is that the election was fraudulent?

You don't have an answer.
GOP win=legitimate

Democrat win=fraud

Same ballot? Rigged. Venezuela. Italy. Dominion bad. Smartmatic bad. Truckloads. Black Lives and antifa. Observers not close enough. Obama did it. Deep State.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Never mind that there were no significant court cases that overturned any of these election practices as unconstitutional.

I would think that to just say something is unconstitutional without any court agreeing is a problem…
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Do you hear people whingeing about Gore/Bush?

Deal.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

A little, and articulate, reminder of who we once were, even in defeat:

"Good evening. Just moments ago I spoke with George W. Bush and congratulated him on becoming the 43rd president of the United States. And I promised him that I wouldn't call him back this time.

I offered to meet with him as soon as possible so that we can start to heal the divisions of the campaign and the contest through which we've just passed.

Almost a century and a half ago, Senator Stephen Douglas told Abraham Lincoln, who had just defeated him for the presidency, "Partisan feeling must yield to patriotism. I'm with you, Mr. President, and God bless you."

Well, in that same spirit, I say to President-elect Bush that what remains of partisan rancor must now be put aside, and may God bless his stewardship of this country. Neither he nor I anticipated this long and difficult road. Certainly neither of us wanted it to happen. Yet it came, and now it has ended, resolved, as it must be resolved, through the honored institutions of our democracy.

Over the library of one of our great law schools is inscribed the motto: "Not under man, but under God and law." That's the ruling principle of American freedom, the source of our democratic liberties. I've tried to make it my guide throughout this contest, as it has guided America's deliberations of all the complex issues of the past five weeks. Now the U.S. Supreme Court has spoken. Let there be no doubt, while I strongly disagree with the court's decision, I accept it. I accept the finality of this outcome, which will be ratified next Monday in the Electoral College. And tonight, for the sake of our unity as a people and the strength of our democracy, I offer my concession.

I also accept my responsibility, which I will discharge unconditionally, to honor the new president-elect and do everything possible to help him bring Americans together in fulfillment of the great vision that our Declaration of Independence defines and that our Constitution affirms and defends.

Let me say how grateful I am to all those who've supported me and supported the cause for which we have fought. Tipper and I feel a deep gratitude to Joe and Hadassah Lieberman, who brought passion and high purpose to our partnership, and opened new doors -- not just for our campaign, but for our country.

This has been an extraordinary election, but in one of God's unforeseen paths, this belatedly broken impasse can point us all to a new common ground, for its very closeness can serve to remind us that we are one people with a shared history and a shared destiny. Indeed, that history gives us many examples of contests as hotly debated, as fiercely fought, with their own challenges to the popular will. Other disputes have dragged on for weeks before reaching resolution, and each time, both the victor and the vanquished have accepted the result peacefully and in a spirit of reconciliation. So let it be with us.

I know that many of my supporters are disappointed. I am too. But our disappointment must be overcome by our love of country.

And I say to our fellow members of the world community: Let no one see this contest as a sign of American weakness. The strength of American democracy is shown most clearly through the difficulties it can overcome.

Some have expressed concern that the unusual nature of this election might hamper the next president in the conduct of his office. I do not believe it need be so.

President-elect Bush inherits a nation whose citizens will be ready to assist him in the conduct of his large responsibilities. I personally will be at his disposal and I call on all Americans -- I particularly urge all who stood with us to unite behind our next president.

This is America. Just as we fight hard when the stakes are high, we close ranks and come together when the contest is done. And while there will be time enough to debate our continuing differences, now is the time to recognize that that which unites us is greater than that which divides us.

While we yet hold and do not yield our opposing beliefs, there is a higher duty than the one we owe to political party. This is America and we put country before party. We will stand together behind our new president.

As for what I'll do next, I don't know the answer to that one yet. Like many of you, I'm looking forward to spending the holidays with family and old friends. I know I'll spend time in Tennessee and mend some fences, literally and figuratively.

Some have asked whether I have any regrets. And I do have one regret -- that I didn't get the chance to stay and fight for the American people over the next four years, especially for those who need burdens lifted and barriers removed, especially for those who feel their voices have not been heard. I heard you and I will not forget.

I've seen America in this campaign and I like what I see. It's worth fighting for and that's a fight I'll never stop.

As for the battle that ends tonight, I do believe, as my father once said, that no matter how hard the loss, defeat may serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out.

So for me this campaign ends as it began: with the love of Tipper and our family, with faith in God and in the country I have been so proud to serve, from Vietnam to the vice presidency, and with gratitude to our truly tireless campaign staff and volunteers including all those who worked so hard in Florida for the last 36 days.

Now the political struggle is over and we turn again to the unending struggle for the common good of all Americans and for those multitudes around the world who look to us for leadership in the cause of freedom.

In the words of our great hymn, "America, America," let us crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea.

And now, my friends, in a phrase I once addressed to others, it's time for me to go. Thank you and good night and God bless America."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Another:

"Thank you. Thank you my friends. Thank you for coming here on this beautiful Arizona evening. My friends, we have come to the end of a long journey. The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly. A little while ago I had the honor of calling Senator Barack Obama to congratulate him.

Please [to the boos from the crowd]. To congratulate him on being elected the next president of the country that we both love. In a contest as long and difficult as this campaign has been, his success alone commands my respect for his ability and perseverance. But that he managed to do so by inspiring the hopes of so many millions of Americans, who had once wrongly believed that they had little at stake or little influence in the election of an American president, is something I deeply admire and commend him for achieving. This is an historic election, and I recognize the special significance it has for African-Americans, and for the special pride that must be theirs tonight. I’ve always believed that America offers opportunities to all who have the industry and will to seize it. Senator Obama believes that too.

But we both recognize that though we have come a long way from the old injustices that once stained our nation’s reputation and denied some Americans the full blessings of American citizenship, the memory of them still had the power to wound. A century ago, President Theodore Roosevelt’s invitation to Booker T. Washington to dine at the White House was taken as an outrage in many quarters. America today is a world away from the cruel and prideful bigotry of that time. There is no better evidence of this than the election of an African-American to the presidency of the United States.

Let there be no reason now for any American to fail to cherish their citizenship in this the greatest nation on earth. Senator Obama has achieved a great thing for himself and for his country. I applaud him for it and offer him my sincere sympathy that his beloved grandmother did not live to see this day, though our faith assures us she is at rest in the presence of her Creator, and so very proud of the good man she helped raise. Senator Obama and I have had and argued our differences, and he has prevailed. No doubt many of those differences remain. These are difficult times for our country, and I pledge to him tonight to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face.

I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our goodwill and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited. Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans, and please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that. It’s natural tonight to feel some disappointment, but tomorrow we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again.

We fought as hard as we could, and though we fell short the failure is mine not yours.

I am so deeply grateful to all of you for the great honor of your support and for all you have done for me. I wish the outcome had been different my friends.

The road was a difficult one from the outset, but your support and friendship never wavered. I cannot adequately express how deeply indebted I am to you. I’m especially grateful to my wife, Cindy, my children, my dear mother, and all my family, and to the many old and dear friends who have stood by my side through the many ups and downs of this long campaign. I have always been a fortunate man, and never more so for the love and encouragement you have given me. You know, campaigns are often harder on a candidate’s family than on the candidate, and that’s been true in this campaign. All I can offer in compensation is my love and gratitude, and the promise of more peaceful years ahead. I am also, of course, very thankful to Governor Sarah Palin, one of the best campaigners I have ever seen.

One of the best campaigners I have ever seen, and an impressive new voice in our party for reform and the principles that have always been our greatest strength, her husband, Todd, and their five beautiful children for their tireless dedication to our cause and the courage and grace they showed in the rough and tumble of a presidential campaign. We can all look forward with great interest to her future service to Alaska, the Republican Party, and our country. To all my campaign comrades, from Rick Davis, and Steve Schmidt, and Mark Salter, to every last volunteer who fought so hard and valiantly month after month, in what at times seemed to be the most challenged campaign in modern times, thank you so much.

A lost election will never mean more to me than the privilege of your faith and friendship. I don’t know what more we could have done to try to win this election. I’ll leave that to others to determine. Every candidate makes mistakes, and I’m sure I made my share of them, but I won’t spend a moment of the future regretting what might’ve been. This campaign was and will remain the great honor of my life. And my heart is filled with nothing but gratitude for the experience and to the American people for giving me a fair hearing before deciding that Senator Obama and my old friend, Senator Joe Biden, should have the honor of leading us for the next four years.

Please, please [to more booing]. I would not be in an American worthy of the name should I regret a fate that has allowed me the extraordinary privilege of serving his country for a half a century. Today I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much, and tonight I remain her servant. That is blessing enough for anyone, and I thank the people of Arizona for it.

Tonight, more than any night, I hold in my heart nothing but love for this country and for all its citizens whether they supported me or Senator Obama. I wish Godspeed to the man who was my former opponent and will be my president, and I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties, but to believe always in the promise and greatness of America because nothing is inevitable here. Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history, we make history. Thank you, and God bless you, and God bless America. Thank you all very much."
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

The winner is Xi’s Republic of China. Our continued divisions make us an apple pie sitting in the window waiting to be looted.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:39 pm
GOP win=legitimate

Democrat win=fraud

Same ballot? Rigged. Venezuela. Italy. Dominion bad. Smartmatic bad. Truckloads. Black Lives and antifa. Observers not close enough. Obama did it. Deep State.
Hillary is a pedophile! Michelle Obama is really a man! I have no idea what socialism is, but I love to call the other side socialists!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Interesting; I guess we understand get it to x a bit better...

cult member

sadly, he has a lot of company in America.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I'm not sure who won.
Perhaps China as ardilla said.
I do know the people lost. And have been losing for years now thanks to shi-t-poor candidates and the rigged primary/electorate system.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:37 pm I'm not sure who won.
Perhaps China as ardilla said.
I do know the people lost. And have been losing for years now thanks to shi-t-poor candidates and the rigged primary/electorate system.
"I'm not sure who won." JFC. Biden won in every metric or count. Electoral votes and popular votes. This thread -- no offense intended, calourie -- is actually one of the saddest or most disappointing on this board. The fact is that because of the dirt and filth of a single candidate for the Presidency, all of our future elections have now become illegitimate, or potentially fraudulent, or suspect. In my lifetime (I'm 61) no other candidate for the Presidency has ever failed to concede. No other candidate deemed the vote "fraudulent" simply and only because he didn't win, overlooking the gains made by his party in the House and in state legislatures featured on the same f*cking ballot. No other candidate has simply dismissed court case after court case, judge after judge, finding and ruling that there was no fraud in the election. No other candidate has called upon a state election official to "find the votes" in a specific number to overturn the audited election results of a state. No other candidate has incited violence and countenanced the pillaging of the Capitol by his supporters. No other candidate has thereafter relentlessly worked to undermine national confidence in elections, or reduce the protections for fair elections. Call it what it is.

I've been an election observer in another country for that nation's first ever democratic election. It was electrifying watching thousands and thousands of people lined up in the streets to vote for the first time, to carry out something that I took as a national birthright. I have always woken up on Election Day, strode past the folks holding signs, and thought how remarkable the accident of my birth in this country and the fact that every 2, 4 and 6 years I get to weigh in.

Biden won. America is losing. And you all know what person, and what complicit party, is responsible. Enough of the sort of mealy-mouth bullsh*t like the post above mine. There's no "both sides'ing" this issue.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

And at the wire, Dumbest Post of the Year:

"I'm not sure who won."

:o
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Won in the sense that Ardilla was speaking.
Have a great year.

Return to “POLITICS”