VT (Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University) Women's Lacrosse Coach Resigns

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Memyself

VT (Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University) Women's Lacrosse Coach Resigns

Post by Memyself »

Last edited by Memyself on Wed May 12, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delco Transplant

Re: VT Women's Lacrosse Coach Resigns

Post by Delco Transplant »

Addition by subtraction. Good riddance
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Why start another topic when there’s already one established? May I suggest that this could have been placed very nicely under the Coaching Carousel topic?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well, well, the Dr.'s song has been sung.
Oh happy days.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

pretty big news - he was a media favorite for quite awhile but hasn't delivered the goods and I guess the clock has run out. I wonder if it was a bit of "we are not going to renew your contract - ok, then I'll resign"? Or if it was 100% his doing,

Getting my popcorn and waiting for the Dr. to comment on the news!
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

He absolutely rode in there on a wave of publicity and made some big promises. If memory serves though, he quickly made some enemies when he actively (and in some cases, successfully) started to poach committed players from other programs. Not exactly a way to make friends and influence people, especially in a small world like lax.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Great opportunity for someone.

Oh, and where I live, "VT" still means Vermont.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

DMac wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:07 pm Well, well, the Dr.'s song has been sung.
Oh happy days.
woo hoo....I wonder what stories will come out now.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:36 pm He absolutely rode in there on a wave of publicity and made some big promises. If memory serves though, he quickly made some enemies when he actively (and in some cases, successfully) started to poach committed players from other programs. Not exactly a way to make friends and influence people, especially in a small world like lax.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:11 pm pretty big news - he was a media favorite for quite awhile but hasn't delivered the goods and I guess the clock has run out. I wonder if it was a bit of "we are not going to renew your contract - ok, then I'll resign"? Or if it was 100% his doing,

Sitting in No VA trying to figure out where to get gas...and this pops....must be something behind the scene. IIRC he got a bump in his contract not long ago.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out John
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:01 pm
8meterPA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:11 pm pretty big news - he was a media favorite for quite awhile but hasn't delivered the goods and I guess the clock has run out. I wonder if it was a bit of "we are not going to renew your contract - ok, then I'll resign"? Or if it was 100% his doing,

Sitting in No VA trying to figure out where to get gas...and this pops....must be something behind the scene. IIRC he got a bump in his contract not long ago.

WAWA's in Eastern PA are flush with gas - only a 5 hour drive for you!
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

8meterPA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:53 pm

And WAWA's has good subs :)
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Well, I wanted to get enough to get to PA to get more on my way to Cuse Friday.....its crazy here, no gas at all....at least we have TP, Bread and milk :D
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Delco Transplant wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:35 am Addition by subtraction. Good riddance
--clap--clap-- :twisted:
Dr. Tact

Re: VT (Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University) Women's Lacrosse Coach Resigns

Post by Dr. Tact »

I wonder where the highly successful chaser D is going to show up....I am sure it will be the next big thing.

I particularly love the part when the chasing middie gets tired and has to leave the defense to run to the restraining line to get relieved...
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

It was exactly what you said, in my opinion. That's usually how it plays out.

JoeMauer89!
Twittledee

Re: VT (Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University) Women's Lacrosse Coach Resigns

Post by Twittledee »

He had a year left on his contract. It was not his choice.
fergie25

Post by fergie25 »

why do we think he "resigned"?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Well, I wanted to get enough to get to PA to get more on my way to Cuse Friday.....its crazy here, no gas at all....at least we have TP, Bread and milk :D

Skip PA. Cheaper in MD or NY. Just made the trip from Ridley to Upstate last week.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

fergie25 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:09 pm why do we think he "resigned"?
That was the wording of the press release. Perhaps there was an agreement—resign, or we’ll s***can ya.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”