Centennial Conference 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxdds

Centennial Conference 2021

Post by Laxdds »

I hear the CC won't make a decision until next week. Gettysburg (not everyone) is back on campus as of yesterday. Quarantine for week I believe, then very strict social interaction guidelines. I think there is a very little chance the CC plays this spring but maybe if there are minimal positive tests over the next 10-14 days there is a sliver of hope for at least a conference only schedule starting in mid march. :roll:
laxgottaluvit

Re: Centennial Conference 2021

Post by laxgottaluvit »

Even though decision is not made yet, it appears that strict testing and quarantine is taking place. If the schools are being so diligent, how can they justify not playing? In addition.... how will the CC justify not playing when other conferences 20 minutes away may play?
Harco2019

Post by Harco2019 »

Dickinson athletes report to campus this weekend and all students will be tested 2 times per week
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

laxgottaluvit wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:46 pm Even though decision is not made yet, it appears that strict testing and quarantine is taking place. If the schools are being so diligent, how can they justify not playing? In addition.... how will the CC justify not playing when other conferences 20 minutes away may play?
Very good questions given the precautions being taken by all of the schools. I don't have a good answers. If you have watched any college basketball this winter you have seen guys sweating and slobbering all over each other on the court, then walk off the court put on a mask and sit 6 feet apart, I have not been able to square that in my mind all winter. Have there been positives and games cancelled sure but there still has been a season and unless all heck breaks out a post season. Surely there has to be a way to make it work...maybe if D3 and for that matter D1 lacrosse generated millions of dollars they could figure it out.
Lucky13

Post by Lucky13 »

Hard to see how they can’t play some kind of season. So many potential opponents are within an easy drive. Have them play masked. The HSs are doing this successfully.
Harco2019

Post by Harco2019 »

laxgottaluvit

Post by laxgottaluvit »

So still no decision. And yet on Inside Lacrosse there are long lists of games on the calendar for Saturdays and other days of the week. Pure torture watching games that are being played over the weekend while conferences are not committing to play. Those that are playing need to help these conferences that are undecided what their secret is or what their policies are that is allowing their student athletes to play which is so different from the rest who aren’t being allowed to play.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

Arrogance is a terrible thing
cigslax11

Post by cigslax11 »

Hearing from a very credible source that CC will be playing this season. Swat and Haverford are opted out (to my knowledge) leaving the rest of the field ready to play. From what I’ve heard, I don’t think there will be out of conference games, strictly CC games with a regular season champ - no playoff. Don’t know the reasoning behind that but at least we’re getting CC lacrosse this season! Who does everyone like to represent the CC in the NCAA Tourney this year? I’ll put my ranks below.

1. Ursinus
2. F&M
3. Gettysburg
4. Dickinson
5. WAC
6. Mules
7. McDaniel

I think it’s Ursinus’s throne to keep, but F&M has a good shot as well - lot of talent over there.
cigslax11

Post by cigslax11 »

Forgot to include that games should be starting around March 20th for the CC.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

That is great news and I have been waiting it seems like forever to hear something. Where are you getting your info?
The CC is Ursinus's to lose, Never count out Coach J and the Bullets!

1. Ursinus / Gettysburg Pick em
3. F&M
4. Dickinson
5. Mules
6. WAC
7. Mcdaniel
overandback

Post by overandback »

All dressed up with no place to go?
https://www.haverfordathletics.com/spor ... -21/roster

Let the squirrels play!!!
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Let them all play!!!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

I just went back and re-read the conference's statement on February 8th.

Much like the Ivy League, the Centennial Conference continues to fail their student athletes. The failure isn't in the decision to play or not to play, but the LACK OF DECISION. These are intellectual elite and accomplished individuals running their respective institutions. Of course they know whatever decision they make will be criticized. The anti-mask MAGA crew will lambaste them if they cancel spring sports. The "trust the science" folks will cry foul on safety and health if you decide to play. Welcome to 2021. So, has this polarized world paralyzed these leaders? Just make a damn decision! Your inaction is sad.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Gettysburg has pictures up on their twitter of all spring sports practicing. I am hearing there is a split in the conference on having a spring sports season. Those that want to play may go out and freelance a schedule.
SexyBaldMan

Post by SexyBaldMan »

Haverford College told spring sports athletes yesterday there will be no season this year. Very disappointing for spring athletes to lose their second season in a row. Lacrosse practices had started on Monday. Heard Centennial conference presidents meeting has been delayed until early next week to make any conference decision.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

For smart people the leaders of the conference seem to be pretty ingnorant of the facts and their surroundings. Other conferences are playing safely at all levels D 1,2 and 3. It shows absolute disdain for the amount of work and effort student athletes put in to be successful in the classroom and in competition.
D3burner

Post by D3burner »

I'm hearing there is some positive news is set to come out tomorrow. *fingers crossed* :D
SexyBaldMan

Post by SexyBaldMan »

Centennial conference schedules will come out Monday! Games will be every Saturday starting March 20th until early May. No fans allowed. All schools participating except Haverford and Swarthmore. Great news for the boys!!!
overandback

Post by overandback »

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”