FanLax Forum Poll

D2 Womens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

FanLax Forum Poll

Post by admin »

Numerous post-ers have mentioned having a FanLax Forum Poll and many have expressed an interest in being involved. The broad brushstrokes involve submitting a weekly poll (with rationale) which will be amalgamated to create a FanLax Forum Poll. All other details (e.g. How many teams, etc.) are To Be Determined. Who wants in? Post below or message me.
admin
Site Admin

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by admin »

Current thinking:

#1 - The POST-ER POLLS be Top Tens. There will also be a "FORUM POLL" which will be an amalgamate of all the POST-ER POLLS. So each of the POST-ER POLLS will be Top Tens but the FORUM POLL (unless every Post-er Poll has the same 10 teams) will be more.
#2 - The polls will be due on Monday night and will be posted on Tuesday by noon.
#3 - We'll be posting the FORUM and POST-ER POLLS within the website with a link to a thread within the relevant Forum. (e.g. D1 Men Forum, D1 Women Forum, D3 Men Forum, etc.) Within the relevant Forum, the Post-ers who submitted Polls will have an opportunity to explain their Poll as well as to add more teams if they felt limited by the Top Ten. And, of course, all post-ers will have an opportunity to offer support, ask questions, deride and ridicule the Poll Post-ers for their weak choices, etc.

That's the thinking for now.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

we currently have 2 poll post-ers... which is good and... More'll be better...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I created the Forum Poll Page (for the D1 Men) to collect the Polls from the individual Forum Poll Post-ers.
Take a look. I'm going to do the same for you all but wanted to pause before doing this to get feedback on this first iteration.

As shown on the page, minimum of Top 10, maximum of Top 25. All picks will contribute to the cumulative FORUM POLL with #1 picks getting the most weight, the #25 pick getting the least. Let me know if you have any thoughts, questions, etc. Otherwise, enjoy making your picks. And, of course, let me know if you want to join the fun.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

This is where the D2 Women Poll-ers will post their Polls. The more the merrier so just let me know if you want to join the fun.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

For obvious and less obvious reasons, I've added Password Protection to the Poll Submission page. If you're a Forum Poll-er, message (or e-mail) me and I'll send you the password.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
laxdad

Post by laxdad »

I would love to be involved with this
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FanLax Forum Poll

The FanLax Forum Polls are due every Monday before midnight. The Poll-er Polls and the aggregated Forum Poll will be posted on Tuesday.

Poll-ers: Your job is to present the best teams. (Not "your favorite", "the best".) The criteria you use to define "the best" is up to you. Whatever criteria you deem appropriate in deciding which teams are the best. With this said, if you choose to have Albany as the #1 team in the nation, please explain your reasoning. Explanations for the ranking of every team in your poll is appreciated. But especially appreciated for the outliers. Lastly, the Poll-er Polls are interesting because they're based on your opinion. So please be true to you. i.e. Don't lower a team's ranking because of a fear of ridicule or otherwise. Just be true to you... and explain your reasoning.

You should find all the Polls as well as the Poll Submission pages within the Forum Poll main page. If you forget the Poll Submission page password, just message us (with which Poll you're doing).

Potential Poll-ers: If you want to join the fun, just let us know.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

laxdad wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:07 pm I would love to be involved with this
Signed you up and sent you the password. Thanks. :)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Lax Mag's Top 20

NCAA DIVISION II WOMEN'S LACROSSE TOP 20 SEASON PREVIEW

1. ADELPHI PANTHERS
X-Factor: Alexandra Beebe, D, So.

With the graduation of defensive anchor Nicki Stanco, the Panthers need to identify a new backline leader. Coming off a banner freshman season in which she led the team with 47 caused turnovers, Beebe could be that person.

Player to Watch: Alison Johnson, A, Sr.

Much of the credit for US Lacrosse Magazine Preseason Player of the Year Kole Pollock’s success can be attributed to Johnson, one of the top facilitators in the nation. A two-time All-American and former NE10 Player of the Year, Johnson finished fourth in Division II with 72 assists in 2019.

2. WEST CHESTER GOLDEN RAMS
The Golden Rams tied a school record with 20 wins, captured their 22nd PSAC title and earned the program’s 10th appearance in the national championship game. WCU lost eight seniors, including top scorers Sami Barnett and Maggie Stella, but return a pair of All-Americans in Tatum Altman and defensive anchor Molly Reinhart.

3. LE MOYNE DOLPHINS
The Dolphins were dominant for much of the 2019 season, including a 26-game winning streak that ended in the NE10 championship game. An overtime loss to Adelphi one week later brought the season to a close in the NCAA’s East Regional final. All-American Bryanna Fazio graduated and coach Kathy Taylor moved to Colgate. A new era begins.

4. QUEENS (N.C.) ROYALS
The Royals enjoyed a historic 2019 season, advancing to the national semifinals for the first time while riding a program-record 16-game winning streak. Offensive standout Hanna Scott and defender Cammy Case graduated, but returning All-Americans Ally Blood (97 points) and goalie Chase Brokaw (8.63 GAA) should help sustain the momentum.

5. REGIS RANGERS
The Rangers are the only team to earn back-to-back final four berths in 2018 and 2019. Four returning all-region players will lead the way, including 48-goal scorer Ali Vanek and juniors Kyleigh Peoples (75 points), defender Sarah Kate Dhom and All-America goalie Elle Crawford.

6. TAMPA SPARTANS
The Spartans claimed their first Sunshine State Conference championship in 2019 and earned the No. 1 seed in the NCAA’s South Regional. Five all-region players are back, led by SSC player of the year Claire Swanson, top scorer Carly Vaccaro and goalie Bridget Sutter.

7. LINDENWOOD LIONS
The Lions made four straight national semifinal appearances from 2014-2017 but have been one-and-done in the NCAA tournament in the past two seasons. All-American midfielder Carly Fedorowski and defender Morgan Reader will try to lead another run to the final weekend.

8. ROLLINS TARS
Rollins won its first 10 games in 2019, climbed as high as third in the Nike Top 20 ranking and advanced to the national quarterfinals. The Tars lose the SSC’s leading scorer, Kallie German, but welcome back All-American midfielder Lily Rizk and Hannah Ashton.

9. FLORIDA SOUTHERN MOCCASINS
With the recent rise of Tampa and Rollins, it was unlikely that the Mocs would be able to continue their SSC dominance that yielded three straight league titles and three straight NCAA championship game appearances. Riley Bannatyne and Grace Glinecki, last year’s top two scorers, will try to lead the resurgence.

10. LIMESTONE SAINTS
Despite posting 18 wins and capturing their 12th Conference Carolinas title, the Saints were left out of the NCAA tournament in 2019. That, and the return of five 20-goal scorers, might prime the pump for 2020.

11. EAST STROUDSBURG WARRIORS
The Warriors made their third straight NCAA appearance in 2019 and will look to returning All-Americans Krista Mitarotonda and Tatyana Petteway to help continue the success.

12. MERCYHURST LAKERS
Nine straight wins to end the regular season helped the Lakers claim an NCAA berth in 2019. All-American Kira Kolb returns as the defensive anchor.

13. MERCY MAVERICKS
With LIU Post’s move to Division I, Mercy becomes the clear-cut favorite in the ECC. The Mavericks won 15 games last year and made the program’s second NCAA tournament appearance.

14. INDIANAPOLIS GREYHOUNDS
Two-time champions of the GLIAC, the Greyhounds have a new home in the Great Lakes Valley Conference as they aim for their third straight NCAA tournament berth.

15. GRAND VALLEY LAKERS
Coming off a 14-win season, the Lakers are the preseason favorites in the GLIAC following UIndy’s move to the GLVC.

16. COLORADO MESA MAVERICKS
CMU earned its first NCAA berth in 2019 and claimed its first victory. With Lindenwood’s move to the GLVC, the Mavericks will likely be Regis’ top challenger in the RMAC.

17. SAINT LEO LIONS
The Lions started 13-0 last year and hope to take the next step in challenging for the SSC title.

18. ASSUMPTION HOUNDS
The Hounds earned their highest national ranking and won a school-record 14 games in 2019.

19. BENTLEY FALCONS
Returning goalie Eliza Bresler was a first team All-American last year, the first in program history.

20. NEW HAVEN CHARGERS
Senior first-team All-American Raven Linton is one of the top defenders in the nation.
Caddy Day
laxdad

Post by laxdad »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:55 pm
laxdad wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:07 pm I would love to be involved with this
Signed you up and sent you the password. Thanks. :)
Thank you, I will not be as detailed as some, but I will do my best :D
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Polls due at midnight. I have submissions from:

laxdad
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

1. Polls due on Monday Night at Midnight.
2. You may want to have a Poll in hand to work off of. Trying to remember your Top Teams week-after-week is not a simply task.
3. You can now have your submitted Poll e-mailed to you so you can see your Poll. BUT... You will not have access to this functionality until after Feb. 18th.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

D2 Women Forum Poll (Feb 17, 2020)
Caddy Day
laxdad

Post by laxdad »

I must have clicked the wrong team on 17....I don't believe Montreat is at #17...Hopefully they prove me wrong :D
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Polls are due (Monday) at Midnight. The results will be posted on Tuesday by noon. If you want to become a Poll-er, just let us know.
Caddy Day
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

laxdad wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:52 pm I must have clicked the wrong team on 17....I don't believe Montreat is at #17...Hopefully they prove me wrong :D
Montreat should not be in the list - they are NAIA, not NCAA DII
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Not sure how they sneaked onto the list. They're not in the rankings, etc. Either way, I removed them from the D2 list.
Caddy Day

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”